PDA

View Full Version : How many of you girls are happy with your look and style!!!!!

Christina Horton
06-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I was just reading a thread when it hit me looking and the avatar's pic's. Who is truly happy with there look right at the mo. I like the way I look but would like to be thinner so I could wear nicer clothes and such.

So girls who is going to be the first to slam there look.......

I can all way use input on my "look" so please be hard on me and tell me what you think. I can take it. :cry: I think.

susan fuller
06-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I would be happier if I wwere thinner but I am happy with the look I can get today. I have real nice dresses, skirts and tops that I think look good on me. I know they make me feel like a million bucks.

Super Amanda
06-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I've always liked the way I look, as a woman.

Always HATED the way I looked as a guy...

Mr.Snuggles
06-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Where do I start...

Being Italian makes me extremely hairy, so I have to shave every day, sometimes twice a day! I'd really like to end that...

I'm 5foot 5inches, which I feel puts me in kind of a limbo. When I'm in the mood to be male, I feel like I'm not tall enough to be your typical guy, but I'm not short enough to be the cute guy either.

I wear glasses, and with no health insurance I can't afford contacts, which I've wanted since I was in 5th grade, when I first got glasses :<

I would love to have straight hair too, but my hair is naturally very curly. I call them 'Shirly Temple Curls'. I've actually had people ask me if curl my hair. I've chemically straightened it quite a few times though, so it's not quite as bad. They become more of a banana curl than anything else. I still wish I could get it completely straight though.

My feet are HUGE! >.<;;. I'm 19, 5'5, and wear a size 12 shoe...My friend Josh is 6'3 and wears a size 11 and my other friend Kody is 6'1 and wears a size 10 1/2 :(. It's almost impossible for me to find cute shoes that actually fit me in female styles, and when I do I still feel like I have to cram my foot into it.

I could go on for days, but those are the main things I'd really like to change. I also know I can change some of them, it's just hard to find the time or the money to do so :<

Gabrielle Hermosa
06-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm fairly happy with my look and I LOVE my style! I wish I looked as good in person as I do in my photos (2D photo vs. 3D in-person makes a difference), but I don't think I look too bad. I'm a work-in-progress.

About being thin... I work my cd-ass off to look the way I do. A strict diet and daily exercise make it possible. I LOVE food, too, so it isn't easy. But it's important to stay healthy and I really want to look good. After hitting a few more threads here, I'll be hitting the treadmill and paying my dues with more pain and sweat. Got to pay my dues to look good in those shoes! :heehee:

Lisa Golightly
06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm quite content...

Anna the Dub
06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I would like my boobs to be a bit bigger (B cup at moment) and would like my face to be a bit softer. Oh and my nose to be a bit smaller (if I had the money I would have a nose job).

TSchapes
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd like to loose more. I've lost over 60lbs, but still could stand to loose more.

Once lost, I'd like to have lippo. At 6'4" I'd like to have my leg shortened, just kidding! :battingeyelashes:

-Tracy

EllenCD
06-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Reasonably satisfied but still a work in progress. Once I make the cover of Vogue or Cosmo I will know it's time to stop.

Carly D.
06-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm not happy at all.. I wish I looked more like TGMarla but I don't.. oh well.. whatcha gonna do about it...???...??..?.?.?.?.????....???...????

Dita_B
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I am one of those who says: "If you don't like what you see... change it"...

So, when I started making plans of going out en femme, I first lost 60 pounds and I am still working on losing 20 more...

I am very happy with my looks and style, and now, since I am on hormones, I'll look forward to seeing my face becoming softer and more feminine...

So, since I am out and about all the time and I seem to pass nicely, I have no complains, I am even happy with my height of 6' 1"... and on top of that I wear heels...

It would have been nice to have been around 5' 9", but being tall has its advantages too...

:love:
Dita.

TGMarla
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm reasonably happy with the way I look, and I absolutely love my style. There are some days when it's better than others, but I guess that's true for everybody. What would I change if I could? Well, I'd completely shave my arms and legs, and my underarms for starters. And a few inches from around the middle wouldn't hurt, either. But since I'm destined to live this life as a male, and as my wife's husband, I'm not going to bitch about things too much. I'm pretty happy and content with things right now.

JaytoJillian
06-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I am totally satisfied with....

the look of my avatar. Always going to be LOTS of room for improvement my 3-D version

Jocelyn Quivers
06-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Content for now, but there's always room for improvement.

Alice B
06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
At my age any look or style is OK. So, I'm happy with how I present myself. Most of the time it is at home and only I see myself. The few times I have been able to go out I have received good comments. Don't worry - be happy.

Alice Torn
06-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Being six foot six, barefoot, is good, for sports, and painting, reaching things, and looking good, in hose, and heels. But, way too tall, to be presenting as a lady, except at a distance.

Joni Marie Cruz
06-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Have mercy, sweetheart. For crying outloud, how many real girls are happy with how they look?<lol> I like me better in girlmode than I do in guymode, but please, please, don't even get me started on how I wish I could look better.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Dita_B
06-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Being six foot six, barefoot, is good, for sports, and painting, reaching things, and looking good, in hose, and heels. But, way too tall, to be presenting as a lady, except at a distance.

Too tall to present yourself as a lady? What about these women?

http://www.tallwomen.org/

:love:
Dita.

gender_blender
06-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Considering most people assume that i've had surgery, I'm very pleased with my appearance. I'd like my hair to be a little thicker, but it's good enough.

anDrea F
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Ive come to the conclusion that I will never be happy with my look. I would like my teeth fixed, eye bags removed and nose reduced just for starters. ££££$$$$

2B Natasha
Funny this thing we call stisfaction. One day I'll be as happy with myself as I can be. The next. Well I just wait to tear the old up and start again.

To that end I am at the end of a tear down and am now on a rebuild. This time with help. So while I may not like exactly what comes out of this adventure I will take something from it. One of those things is how to dress more fun. When I looked in my wardrobe all I saw was biz casual. Nothing to go out in and tear of up.

So am I happy with the way I look. For the most part yes. I'll never be betty page or jane Mansfield but I'm ok with that. The world already had/has them. What the worlds needs a lisalotte!

whitelace
Hi girls haven't replied to a post for a long while and I miss coming here regularly. I have been moderating a Sisters group in New Haven Ct. that is quite active. So between my work, performing and Events time has become a scarce comodity. Now to answer the post....

I couldn't be more happier being who I am. Sure we can always improve on this and that but if we are being true to ourselves and we treat others with love and respect in their eyes we are truly beautiful. As far as style goes Yes ! I am very happy with my style and nice compliments are easy to digest .
Love you all.....lacy:battingeyelashes:

Joni Marie Cruz
06-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Jeeze Andrea, pardon me for saying, love, but you look gorgeous. No offense.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Ive come to the conclusion that I will never be happy with my look. I would like my teeth fixed, eye bags removed and nose reduced just for starters. ££££$$$$

VeronicaMoonlit
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm quite content...

Of course YOU are. <tries not to be jealous> :-)

Happy? with my look? Low self esteemy moi? Heaven's no. Goddess knows how many times I've referred to myself as a fat, old and ugly nerd.

My style is fine, I think, but my face and body betray me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/veronicamoonlit

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

patricia 402
06-03-2009, 08:06 PM
i just wish i could look good enugh to go outside other than the middle of the night i wish i could be happy with myself i wish alotta stuff but it is what it is life goes on:sad:

Deborah Jane
06-03-2009, 08:08 PM
But i'll get there in the end :daydreaming:

anDrea F
06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
That photo on my avatar is a good 10ft away and my makeup is caked on to be honest. If you saw me close up you would see for real. You look great on youre pic and youres is close up.

Linda Laman
06-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I like everything about my appearance which I have worked on over the last ten years, always trying to improve every facet of my feminine appearance. The last major thing was to get my ears pierced and that has been very liberating. Only one thing remains - my nose! It really belongs to a man dammit! I have priced a nose job to get me something a bit more lady-like but they don't come cheap. Dream on Linda.

Shikyo
06-03-2009, 08:31 PM
From some angles, yes. But from most angles I don't really like myself. I do like myself as a girl a lot better as a guy, but there are so many things I'd love to change. My forehead, chin, breasts, hips, waists, legs etc. I'd love to have slighty lighter hair, now it looks like I've colored it, which is not true.

The only thing I really like are my nails, I guess. My eyes aren't that bad neither. Everything else, I think I can find something that should be fixed.

Samantha43
06-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I do the best I can with what I have to work with. I'm fairly satisfied with my look, but there is always room for improvement.

kellycan27
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
I am pretty happy with the way I look. Wish my nose was a bit smaller, and my forehead not quite so long.

Miranda09
06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with the way I look, tho I'm still developing my style and I can't wait to get my legs taken care of.

gretchen2
06-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't mind being 5' 3" and a 110#

Kathi Lake
06-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Better than being happy with the way I look, I'm just simply happy!

My style is improving from the dowdy-ish hand-me-downs of my wife (hey, she said to stop wearing her clothes :)), to a slightly sexier look (probably get in trouble for linking to this, but http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106438). My makeup has improved, thanks to tips from all my friends here. My attitude and courage have both improved due to listening to your stories of going out into the world. We are all works in progress. If we ever "get there" where else is there to go?

Basically, when I zip up that skirt, when I slip into those pumps, when I give my hair a fluff and touch up my lip gloss in a mirror, more than being happy with my appearance, I am happy that I get to do this. I get to step outside of my normal tightly-constrained gender role and do what gives me joy. I'm free. Who cares about appearance?

Kathi

daviolin
06-04-2009, 01:41 AM
For 61 year old broad, I think I look pretty good. I'm very happy with the way I look. When I was younger I was to muscular, plus I had a beard. That dosen't cut it if you want to look feminime. The only regret I have at this time in my life is I wish I never got thoughs darn tatoo's. I wish I could afford to have them removed. flickr.com/photos/daviolin

crusadergirl
06-04-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm pretty happy with my look but i believe i could do better.

Lori Robins
06-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Hmmm it really is the old question phrased a different way. "Does my butt look big in this?" Is a GG ever really happy with the way they look? The ones in my house are always putting on makeup trying to improve their looks! :devil: I think most of us would like to change something do this or that, the secret, IMHO is to love who you are and what you have dealt with and move along. WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Sara Jessica
06-04-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm happy as can be with my look and style at this point and like many have said, improvement is a continuous thing...along with fighting the effects of age!!!

Tracy_Victoria
06-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm really happy with my face and look, I just wish my body was much thinner!

However this is now on my own personal agenda anyway, and it's a case of my dressing is benefiting from my diet, over I'm doing it to benefit my dressing.

I'm kicking myself for letting myself put pound after pound on year after year, until it affected my health, and if I'm honest nearly killed me. ie DVT's Clot on the lung, and a serious, and I mean serious leg infection. all due to being very much over weight!

I wish I had done, what I have done now, earlier, as the damage i've caused may not fully repair it's self, but it will get better the more I lose and I've already lost a lot, but still have far, far more to go. However I'm determing to lose as much of the excess I have carried round for years, but to benefit me, not my dressing. Yes, Tracy will benefit from it, but it not the reason, my wife, my kids my family, and my life, are the factors I'm doing this.

so far I'm about -30Kg since Feburary, I hope to be the lighter side of 150kg by christmas!

I can't see my kids grow and marry, from inside a pine box!

Leanne2
06-04-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm 5'10" tall. I'd rather be shorter but so would a lot of GGs these days. I weigh 220 lbs which isn't so good. I need to diet and start exercising again. My female shoe size is a ten so I can find shoes that are pretty.
My hair is my best feature. It's thick and wavy. It is just starting to go gray. When I get my hair done at my salon the gray looks like highlights. At age 59 I'm lucky to be able to use my natural hair.
My beautician told me that I have great lips. They are quite full and look good with lipstick. My eyes were droopy but I had cosmetic surgery last winter so they look much better. I stay busy plucking hair out of my ears. What is the deal with that?
All of this allows me to pass most of the time so I'm pretty content with the cards that I have been dealt. Leanne

BreenaDion
06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Im to masculine to be a lady . im working on my weight. Lost 45 lbs so far, just doesnt seam to go fast enough. I started with electrolists but I didnt get 2 far. rather have my hair dresser pluck instead. That pain is alot better. But Ladies Ive to say no. Working on it little at a time.:love:

fresan
06-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Facially I think it's ok with the proper makeup, but the body disappoints me a lot. I'm 5'10" and 205 with a very broad chest. I never really looked good in any of the dresses that I really like.

Jonelle
06-04-2009, 09:35 PM
fairly happy with my style.. a little unhappy with the look, but i got a loooooooong way to go!!

Carrie R
06-04-2009, 10:43 PM
I suppose I'm happy with my look. A bit too blonde perhaps... when I bought the wig I was unsure exactly what color to get plus there was that confusing color numbering system on the site I bought it at. So I bought the one in the picture. My monitor was set too dark. At the time I was too afraid to ever return stuff, so that's what I get!

Sonia Greene
06-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Main things missing?
Hormones followed by surgery......
Otherwise fine!

Sonia

dwyfronwen
06-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I am me, and age and attitudes in general cannot vary too much as guy or gal. I cannot change my age, and my build is what gave me, so physically I have to improve as best I can. I do not go over the top and dress to suit my age and outlook. I try and smile most times, be charming and present myself as an older aunt/neighbour or kindly mum. Doing this I find happiness and I maintain my standrds of quality in life. This is my idea of contentment. Love Bron.

Karren H
06-05-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm uber happy with my style... I'm never happy with my look.. Maybe I'm striving for perfection and even though I know in my mind I can never get there... It doesn't make me feel any better about the results.. Sigh....

Stephanie Miller
06-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Whenever I'm not happy with the style.. I change it. (Really though I just use it as an excuse to shop! :dance: )
But as far as the looks.... I guess for a guy in a dress, what can I expect?

kristinacd55
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Don't think I'd ever be happy with the way I look, but I will never give up trying!! :daydreaming:

CDTiffany
06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I Have been crossdressing for 30 years. Only in the past 2 years have I came to a place wear I am completely sure that i need to stop!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

If you like the clothing, Make up, And the feeling. Who cares! I did not care when I was 15. It's all about feeling feminine. The Mirror tell's a story. SMILE! SMILE! SMILE!

Too much fun playing dress up!!!!!!

XOXO Tiffany

LA CINDY LOVE
06-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Over the years when I feel that I can do no more....I find a way to reinvent my self. I am very happy with my look and my style

LA CINDY LOVE

DaphneGrey
06-06-2009, 12:05 AM
I am happy with myself, and my style, my look well yes and no... I like the way I look but I always wish I looked less masculine.

But I don't want to make a big deal about either. After all nobody has any providence over how they look (barring surgery,Hormones) which are not an option for many.

So I try to be thankful for the good things I have and I try not to dwell to much on my short falls. It doesn't always work but I try.

Sarah Doepner
06-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm just like Mary Poppins, Practically Perfect in Every Way. Except for those ways that are not, of course. Like I'm too tall, weigh too much, have a nose that would be the envy of a bloodhound and hands that look much more appropriate with handtools than with nail polish and pretty rings. It is good that my adam's apple doesn't show and I have enough flesh on the chest to get a pretty good imitation of cleavage.

I think I have my style down, I just have to wrap it around this very non-feminine body. I guess I'll just have to keep working on it, because it's just too much fun.

Suzy Harrison
06-06-2009, 01:44 AM
I look a lot better as a female than I used to as a male.

However, I'm still not totally happy with my look and don't think I ever will be. I'm always looking for ways to improve.

Jan W
06-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Yes 100% happy except for I would like to be shorter, prettier, more petite, curvier and a woman.

I'm joking of course. I am reasonably happy with my presentation.

Once a forum member remarked that I shouldn't wear a certain style as it failed to hide large shoulders. I have large shoulders and I'm a guy. I'm also tall. I live with all this and when out I just try to be confident and present with as much class and dignity as possible.

Good thread!

Jan

Christina Horton
06-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Yes 100% happy except for I would like to be shorter, prettier, more petite, curvier and a woman.

I'm joking of course. I am reasonably happy with my presentation.

Once a forum member remarked that I shouldn't wear a certain style as it failed to hide large shoulders. I have large shoulders and I'm a guy. I'm also tall. I live with all this and when out I just try to be confident and present with as much class and dignity as possible.

Good thread!

Jan

I have very wide shoulders and I use to be self conscious about it. But I had a revelation about my shoulders and before that I came to not care if I passed and don't care if people see a man in a dress. I still try to look good but as to passing I don;t pass in most people's eye's. It opened my whole world of fashion and what I can wear. I can wear short skirts Being plus size I never thought I could. I hope you ladies can get th the point I am at.

Oh I am also out to everybody, family friends work etc. and it feels great. HUGGS.:hugs:

Sakura Rini
06-06-2009, 04:46 AM
i like my look and style, all i really need to do is loss alittle bit of weight and flatten my stomic and ill be happy

julie w
06-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I think I have gone as far as I can with what I have Im 5.9in an 160lbs
which I try hard to stay at my adams apple doesnt show and my beard
is blond grey so not much make up required I pad my hips and dress my
age I always wear a below the knee skirt , but have a nordic looking face
I fall into the I can fool some of the people but not all the people

Kristen Kelly
07-02-2009, 07:51 PM
When I am unhappy with how I look I go back and look at the first pics I posted here. I love the fact that this is my own blonde highlighted hair, at my age (will be celebrating my 39th birthday for the 14 year this year) it is thick and full. I have lost 40lbs since I came out 4 years ago, want to loose more. I have confidence that is off the chart and that takes me farther than looks alone.

SweetCaroline
07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I look exactly like myself, so at this point, I wouldn't change anything.

FireFoxAngel
07-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I've always liked the way I look, as a woman.

Always HATED the way I looked as a guy...

good way to put it for me too. I've always felt "sexy" dressed, but not so much as a guy

5150 Girl
07-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Well,,, I was very sspicouus of my look. I thougt i needed a lot of work.
However, after the events of last night, I would upgrade my opinon to I'm satisfied.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110696

daviolin
07-03-2009, 01:42 AM
For a 61 year old broad I can't complain. My legs are pretty. I've managed to keep my weight down. I rarely have to wear a bodyshaper anymore. I'm getting better at my make-up. which is a real plus for us girls. Yes I think I look much better that I did when I was younger.:2c:Daviolin

Lori Robins
07-03-2009, 02:28 AM
I am relatively happy, just cursed with big shoulders, which is great in boy mode but sucks when i amtrying to look pretty :heehee:

Chrissie P
07-03-2009, 02:58 AM
I am 5'9" so I can't complain there. Small boned, but wish I was curvier. Wish I had more in the boob and hip department, but, Oh well !!

Marisa_M
07-03-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm very happy with my look and style :cute: and also to be what I am :yahoo:

but I want more: I want a true woman's voice and a few pounds less :daydreaming:

Anyway my 100% happiness would be being a 100% woman but that's impossible :sad:
But it's OK.
I love my feminine self!:love: