PDA

View Full Version : Anti-climax?

Clare
07-07-2005, 02:46 AM
I was off the forums for a few weeks recently (moved interstate) and i have been reading through the posts that i missed in that time.

I have noticed that a lot of members express concern/doubt/fear, about buying clothes, going outside the house, obtaining makeup, or trying something 'radical' etc.

Then, after they have taken that 'couragous step' (and they are difficult steps for each of us), suddenly they are posting how easy it was to do whatever and wonder why they were so anxious in the first place!

I know from my own experience, i have done many things with trepidation for the first time as a crossdresser and now they are all everyday 'events' for Christine and i do them unconsiously now.

Does anyone else have that sense of 'what was i worried about?' after trying something new?

Christine

uknowhoo
07-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Hey Christine, welcome back. I like your new avatar too.

Anyway, I've had that same experience a number of times... the first time shopping for clothes/make-up, trying stuff on, buying online, etc. Later I wonder what was all the worry and trepidation about?

I'm a bit behind you (and many others) on the learning / experience curve... and I'm in full fretting mode right now b/c I'm going out en femme for the first time this weekend, with a gg friend of mine. Happening to come upon this thread tonite sure was good timing for me, helping to put the worry in its proper perspective. Thanks!!

Clare
07-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks.

Hope your en-femme adventures go well this weelend - let us know how it goes.

Christine

Genifer Teal
07-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I do. I used to drive into the city every weekend. I knew this was not smart becuase I often had a drink or two and sometimes more. I finally mustered (not the stuf you put on hot dogs) up the courage to take the train into NYC. It didn't take me long to wonder what I was afraid of. I have never been treated poorly on the train, in over a year.

The subway gets me a few more looks - usually cause I'm dressed for clubbing - but I handle that well too. It is all in the attitude. You just can't let it bother you or stop you from living life. I know I will be appreciated for who I am where I am going, wheather it be a party with friends or a club or whatever.

Hugs - Genifer Teal