PDA

View Full Version : the worst cd

joann426
06-05-2009, 10:11 PM
well i stop at my favorate gas station while i bought my gas something hit my eye it was a very tall cd and he she was dressed so badly as he paid for his gas i know the cashier and he had to keep his laughter under control and i had to do the same after he left we both busted out in laughter and the people there did too he she had on a pink hat a beard a nitted blue sweater and a bra under his sweater it showed it just was a disaster even i can do a whole lot better that that and pass better .all in all we did have a good laugh :D

NancyTO
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Maybe he/she lost a bet. Wonder if somebody was shooting a Youtube video?

crusadergirl
06-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Don't sound like a cd to me just some person messing around

Holly
06-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Having a good laugh at someone else's expense? Just because someone doesn't meet your standards? You know nothing about this person and yet you feel it's okay to join with someone else and ridicule someone who is different from you? Does that cashier know that you cross dress? I wonder how amused they would be with that? You missed a perfect opportunity to teach someone a little something about tolerance. How about a little compassion, dear?:sad:

Sharon
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I feel sorry for him/her. If we are to laugh at one another, what chance do we have when dealing with others?:sad:

crusadergirl
06-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Lets say thats a real cd its not cool to laugh at her are any person that is different when your one of the same.

Christina Horton
06-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I think you did a disservice to the other CD. But then again GGs will laugh at another GG whom is dressed badly too. It's not nice but it's also human nature, I think.

But yes you had a chance to (defend) a sister even if, she lost a bet or just fooling around you still should of stood up for her. That's not outing your self but just some moral outrage.

Shame on you. tisk tisk tisk.:bigsmack:

Well next time you can defend some one .

trannie T
06-05-2009, 10:57 PM
So, the worst crossdresser was the one who was not dressed very well or was it the one who laughed at her?

kathrynjanos
06-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Ok, for real, ya'll are non-judgmental to a fault. No joke.

I won't laugh at someone who makes an effort, but you people really do go WAY out of your way to make excuses for any ol' crazy who happens to put on a dress. Some people just aren't fit for life in society, this was probably one of them. If not, then they were just dumb or pulling a joke. Whatever the case, if you have no sense of humor about these things, then you need to really step back and grab a big 'ol chill pill.

Whether or not this person was whacked, I don't know, but I've run across my own miserably failed CD, and yeah, I laughed. In their face. I wanted them to know that they were absolutely nuts, and by the time they were done, they had full comprehension of that fact.

Don't waste your breath lecturing me on this, others have tried and failed - I made a whole thread about it some time ago. The fact is that I have no sympathy for these people - anyone who doesn't want to be laughed at makes an effort or takes their meds.

sandra-leigh
06-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I would have reported this post as being inappropriate for the forum: In this forum, we do not criticize how people choose to express their identity through their clothing. It's not just courtesy, it is in the Rules.

I see, however, that Holly and Sharon have both already replied, so I know the staff are already aware of this thread, and will act as they feel is appropriate.

Whether or not this person was whacked, I don't know, but I've run across my own miserably failed CD, and yeah, I laughed. In their face. I wanted them to know that they were absolutely nuts, and by the time they were done, they had full comprehension of that fact.

Don't waste your breath lecturing me on this, others have tried and failed - I made a whole thread about it some time ago. The fact is that I have no sympathy for these people - anyone who doesn't want to be laughed at makes an effort or takes their meds.

It is my belief that anyone with a close friend or relative who has a mental illness, would find your lack of sympathy for the mentally ill to be rather distressing. You appear to have rather an overconfidence in the efficiency of medication, along with a lack of knowledge of common (and harsh) side effects of medications -- and you don't appear to know that for many mentally ill people, taking or not taking medication is not a matter of choice (that is, the illness affects their ability to remember to take it, or their ability to judge whether they need it.) And of course in the US medical system, access to affordable medication is often simply not available, especially to the poor or to "street people".

I find your opinions disappointing, but the fact that you hold the opinions willingly after others have communicated to you about them... well, I can't think of any polite way to express my opinion of that.

Billijo49504
06-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I always thought we were ALL in this together. Must be not for that person. Not everyone can get the info to get things right at first. Just my thought about laughing at another CD. Who was laughing after you left?? Just wondering....BJ

Nicole Erin
06-05-2009, 11:12 PM
So in your thread making, I noticed you don't have any photo album threads..
I am sure you are all passable and that... :brolleyes:

For those TG who sit there and laugh at the looks of other TG they see in public, my hope is the laughers get outed in the worst ways.

OH and Joann, when you were laughing, did you bother to say "Yeah I CD but I look much better" or did you keep your CD'ing your dirty little secret?

EDIT ADD - wow Joann ain't got any photos either, what gives?

It is like some people are too in the closet to show their face ona forum yet laugh at CD's in public who have the courage to go out en femme, regardless of their passability.

boardpuppy
06-05-2009, 11:18 PM
We don't all pass, I know I don't, but I enjoy dressing whenever I can. Laughing at another DC'er is uncalled for, IMHO. How would you feel if you were on the receiving end of what you considered funny/joke when you first started dressing.

Alice

AmandaM
06-05-2009, 11:20 PM
If she was kidding around, you were just gender-fuc***ed. If she was serious, you're not a nice person.

Christina Horton
06-05-2009, 11:34 PM

I won't laugh at someone who makes an effort, but you people really do go WAY out of your way to make excuses for any ol' crazy who happens to put on a dress. Some people just aren't fit for life in society, this was probably one of them. If not, then they were just dumb or pulling a joke. Whatever the case, if you have no sense of humor about these things, then you need to really step back and grab a big 'ol chill pill.

In IMHO and remember this is just MY opinion you don't seem to be a person whom can learn form other people's mistakes. Or learn form yours. I am trying to be polite here ,but in no uncertain terms I would not want your help If I was going to die and you were the only person who could help me. I have no time for ignorant arrogant people like you. Nuf said:(

sissystephanie
06-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I think this thread should have been removed at its beginning. The initial post was insulting to say the least. Holly was correct, have some compassion! Especially when you don't know the circumstances of why he was dressed that way!:doh:

Berinthia
06-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Hmmm...was I in Ohio last week?

DaphneGrey
06-05-2009, 11:49 PM
The next time you are in that position you might say something like, " I don't thing any one would subject themselves to that kind of exposure if they did not have an overwhelming compulsion to do so"

Or you might say something along the lines of "It takes a lot more strength, courage and willpower to dress like that in public. Than it does for us to sit here and make fun him"

Or how about "when I wear my pretty clothes, I make sure I look sooo much better than him "

Oh wait Laughing is so much safer, better stick with the easy stuff!

TGMarla
06-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Not cool.

dilane
06-06-2009, 12:09 AM
I don't laugh at people like that, sorry.

But I do shake my head silently, and rummage through some possibilities:

1. The person is not all there, mentally ill.
2. The person is deliberately presenting a discordant gender-mix and wants to shock and get attention.
3. The person lost a bet.

I'm open to some other theories.

I once knew someone who fit into #2, who deliberately looked horrible: hairy chest and low cut tops, unshaven, ****ty/ripped clothing, terrible makeup, the works. This person would give presentations about TG's to various groups! Not exactly the kind of person I'd hire for PR.

My suspicion was that part of her high was the humiliation. I know that some TG stories center on the humiliation/submission aspect, and wondered if she was one of those who got off on that.

Or maybe they just like the attention. There are some on this list who are obviously mixing genders out and about all the time, and who seem like pretty decent folks. But they know they are Disturbing the Universe, and are willing or even eager to put up with the reactions of others.

I just want to blend in, or in my dreams be seen as an attractive woman.

-- Diane

curse within
06-06-2009, 12:13 AM
well i stop at my favorate gas station while i bought my gas something hit my eye it was a very tall cd and he she was dressed so badly as he paid for his gas i know the cashier and he had to keep his laughter under control and i had to do the same after he left we both busted out in laughter and the people there did too he she had on a pink hat a beard a nitted blue sweater and a bra under his sweater it showed it just was a disaster even i can do a whole lot better that that and pass better .all in all we did have a good laugh :D

Hey I am offened I forgot to shave a threw a hat on to cover it up ..To each thier own as long as this person was happy who cares right?

Dressing Jill
06-06-2009, 12:58 AM
What if she(he) was a homeless person and it was all she had to put on. It probably made her feel like the women inside.

The rest of the girls here said it all. And I agree

Sallee
06-06-2009, 01:07 AM
that is a tough call you kind of had to laugh to keep a cover and I know it is not nice. But what are you going to do You have to feel for the person If it was a real woman who looked that bad you may have laughed at her or just felt sorry. I know it is not nice to laugh but I have seen some pretty bad CD's to. Heck I may have even fallen into the class at one time but I am sure I didn't go out then

battybattybats
06-06-2009, 01:13 AM

As a goth gender-queer person who happily mixes male and female gender expression in public as well as going full-femme and as someone who has worn lipstick with a beard and been flirted with for it I'm quite happily refuting you in my daily life.

Oh and by the principals of reciprocal ethics you just asked me never to show you any compassion or sympathy ever but to deride you.
But I shan't. Instead I suggest you try opening your mind and re-evaluating your point of view from an objective and rational basis.

Sonia_cd
06-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Courage - you have so easily discounted that one important factor in laughing at her. Why? I know I don't have it and I admire and envy her for it. :)

Ralph
06-06-2009, 01:50 AM
1. The person is not all there, mentally ill.
2. The person is deliberately presenting a discordant gender-mix and wants to shock and get attention.
3. The person lost a bet.
I'm open to some other theories.

How about
4. he just dresses however he likes and doesn't give a rat's panties what you or I think?

I don't understand why some people have a problem with that... I would have expected better of the folks here. Why is it an imperative that we look like a woman before we're allowed to wear a bra? Why does a person who freely mixes clothing and gender appearance assumed to be mentally ill?

Interesting how this thread has revealed so much insight into the values held by members. I'm even in total agreement with batty, and that almost never happens!

ralph

TrekGirl1701
06-06-2009, 01:54 AM
That person definitely has more courage than me, even if he did just "lose a bet".

If I was a full time CD and everybody that knows me knew that I CD and I was allowed to CD wherever I wanted, I probably wouldn't pass, either. Even in guy mode I'm not even close to what a general well-groomed male should look like. And I'm no fashion expert, either. If that was the look he was going for then good for him. He's being who he wants to be, which is what we all want, too, right?

Jan W
06-06-2009, 02:05 AM
This is a strange thread I think.

Lisa Golightly
06-06-2009, 02:18 AM
A house divided upon itself...

A shameful and despicable act to commit upon one of your own 'family'.

Melani
06-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Being CD is not always about being able to pass, many CD's know they don't pass and don't care. It's not always about "being " a woman its about being in touch with your fem side. Just because a CD dresses in a way you don't approve or has a beard, has nothing to do with it. We all have our way of tapping that something special inside. How dare you judge the way any person expresses themself. Your no different then that ignorant red neck that may judge you one day. You need to think long and hard about how you judge others.

Sarah...
06-06-2009, 02:32 AM
How intolerant.

And in relation to a subsequent post to the OP, having a sense of humour but then laughing at someone after they've gone (based on some issues they may be struggling to deal with) are two very different things.

Shame on you.

Sarah...

Melani
06-06-2009, 02:36 AM

For many Cd's its not about passing or the look, its about what ever helps tap into that something special inside. How dare you be so flippant. By the way I don't feel my breathes wasted calling "you" a "jerk". GET OVER YOURSELF

subaru_forster
06-06-2009, 03:09 AM
This is a strange thread I think.

You haven't seen this sort of thread here? In my (relatively) short time on this forum, I've seen the same sort of thing repeated several times (remembering even using language that people should be "drummed out of the sisterhood" for not passing)

It's sad, but "internalized transphobia" such as this is an ongoing thing. At least in cases that are as clear cut as this, it's refreshing to see that the majority of those who respond have a good head on their shoulders when it comes to it.

Hope
06-06-2009, 03:56 AM

I'm glad you are comfortable laughing at people who don't measure up to your standards.

I'm sure you are equally ready to be laughed at.

Talk about transphobia... We cannot expect others to accept us for who we are, until we do it ourselves. For the record, I am ashamed of your behavior.

Interesting how this thread has revealed so much insight into the values held by members. I'm even in total agreement with batty, and that almost never happens!

Yup. And I am agreeing with both Batty and Ralph - a sure sign of the apocalypse... Or how obvious this issue really should be.

Trip_rockcity
06-06-2009, 04:00 AM
Having a good laugh at someone else's expense? Just because someone doesn't meet your standards? You know nothing about this person and yet you feel it's okay to join with someone else and ridicule someone who is different from you? Does that cashier know that you cross dress? I wonder how amused they would be with that? You missed a perfect opportunity to teach someone a little something about tolerance. How about a little compassion, dear?:sad:

On the spot there Holly.. Dude your a bit of a plank really.. even in guy mode.. if i saw u do that i would of given u a huge verbal slap..

VeronicaMoonlit
06-06-2009, 04:02 AM

Not me, I'm probably one of the more judgemental people around here, when I get riled up anyway. And I've seen transpeople with all kinds of presentations.

But I don't laugh, because, in addition to reasons 1-4 already listed:

#5. Perhaps they just haven't been dressing long and haven't developed their shopping, fashion and makeup skills yet. You see, that person getting laughed at might become that gorgeous CD everyone tells how pretty she is someday. I know it happens.

And I sure as heck don't want people laughing at my fashion faux pas, rather than actually having constructive ways of improvement or other suggestions.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Deborah Jane
06-06-2009, 05:05 AM
:thumbsdn::sad:

You didn't need to get involved with the laughter and p*ss taking, if you couldn't bring yourself to defend this person, you should have just walked away!!

Tal'Aura
06-06-2009, 05:38 AM
...and he had to keep his laughter under control and i had to do the same after he left we both busted out in laughter and the people there did too...

Jolan Tru,

I would expect such behaviour from some puberty teenager, not from such old grandpa like you. I can only echo what those below have already said... This only proves my belief that our biggest enemies are among us.

Carole Cross
06-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Why do people who are too afraid to post pictures of themselves or are ashamed of their 'secret' laugh at those who choose to embrace who they are and probably don't care what others think? Are you so insecure, that it makes you feel better by ridiculing others or, are you afraid of getting others laugh at you if you are found out?
You should at least be supportive of one of your own.

Anna the Dub
06-06-2009, 05:52 AM
I would've made it a point to say to the cder: 'Hiya, nice day isn't it?' or something to that effect.

Nicki B
06-06-2009, 05:53 AM

Perhaps because judging others opens yourself up to being judged poorly, too - just as you have done. :sad:

RylieCD
06-06-2009, 05:58 AM
I won't laugh at someone who makes an effort, but you people really do go WAY out of your way to make excuses for any ol' crazy who happens to put on a dress. Some people just aren't fit for life in society, this was probably one of them.

HARSH - This could be any / all of us. Many os us come to this site fir the support of others, because we feel like we dont fit into society in either mode. and now we have someone who we would have like to have leaned on CONFIRM it, Im sorry you can put on a dress and be someone so different that society accepts you, for many others it is not that easy and we need the help and support from you, who have been through the same experiences and feelings.

Lisa Golightly
06-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Whatever the case, if you have no sense of humor about these things, then you need to really step back and grab a big 'ol chill pill.

I've read before that you consider you may be TS... That's what a whole lot of society thinks about us... Careful for what you wish.

O2B Barbara
06-06-2009, 08:10 AM
While I agree with a lot of the intent, as I see it, in the posted replies, wouldn't it have been a bit nicer to soften the delivery a little bit?

A lot of people yelling at me only makes me want to run and hide, those same people gently talking to me and trying to help me understand makes me want to learn and grow and share hugs. Also helps me to feel like a member of the family and cared about.

danam
06-06-2009, 08:24 AM
While I agree with a lot of the intent, as I see it, in the posted replies, wouldn't it have been a bit nicer to soften the delivery a little bit?

I my last thread I got yelled at so much I could barely log on any more. Lots of pent-up anger on this forum, which comes out in surprising and unexpected ways.

I agree with the original poster that it can be humorous to see someone make a drastic fashion error. The spirit of the message was in fun. Why turn it into something so awful and serious and a big downer?

TSchapes
06-06-2009, 09:16 AM

I agree Holly. And I've always wondered how many of our own CD community will laugh along with their friends or strangers when they spot a transgendered person in order to cover up their own cross-dressing ways.

How someone is dressed, is not the issue.

-Tracy

Celeste
06-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Whenever I see a thread like this i think,why would someone with such a low tolerance of others ,choose to cd in the first place.Do they not grasp that its about ones freedom of expression no matter what that may be.

No one wrote the book on dressing or passing and my interpretation of it is only mine alone.I hope one day you get laughed at and then remember how you treated this person.

TGMarla
06-06-2009, 10:30 AM
I know I already replied, Joann, but the more I think about your comments, the more they really chap my ass. Who the hell do you think you are, anyway? Are you so much that you have the right to get all critical on someone else who's own personal circumstances you know nothing about? You have absolutely no idea where this person was coming from. If it's a guy who's openly mimicking and making fun of CDs, then the high road is to hold your head high and ignore him. If it's another CD who simply cannot pass, and therefore does not try very hard, then have some empathy and try to understand her pain.

But no. You laugh, make fun at his/her expense, and then have the audacity to tell everyone who disagrees with you to stuff it.....because of course, you know you're right, huh?

Such unmitigated arrogance. Let's see how well you pass? Where's the pics, honey? You're so much. Let's see!

I'm so glad you got a good chuckle out of the whole thing.

Joni Marie Cruz
06-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh wow, I was so going to stay out of this but I just can't. It so puts me in touch with my inner bitch. Let's start out with you Kathryn, honey. I checked out your pix. Where in the world do you get off deriding someone else? Aren't there any shiny surfaces where you live? If there are, have a look. You sure ain't all that and a bag of chips sweety. I'm betting you have never been out in your life and if you have you probably got more than a few people rolling on the ground.

Hey, Joann. Let's see some pix of you. How about it.

-Joni Mari

karynspanties
06-06-2009, 11:05 AM
I would not have laughed....because it's not funny, but the person that went out like that......brought it upon themselves and as far as I am concerned, and I do not care who I tick off on this forum, when you go out looking like that, you are undoing everything everthing we are trying to do. What I mean is, trying to gain acceptance. Pretty hard to do when you look like a clown.
Just my :2c: If we want acceptance and not to be ridiculed, then we should TRY AND BLEND IN RATHER THAN LOOKING LIKE FOOLS IN PUBLIC!!! I have seen individuals out like this and it does not make me want to laugh.....it makes me mad!! It's like going on stage after a bad act. Nice.:Angry3::Angry3::Angry3:

You know?? I just wonder how many of you, if you would have witnessed this individual, would have put yourself out there and went over a told that person that you understood where they were coming from and gave them a big hug? I bet not many of you would. I bet you would have looked, been very embarassed by this person and just walked away. Be honest with yourself and everyone else here.

Me smells alot of hipocrasy.

Shelly Preston
06-06-2009, 11:11 AM
I think the point has been made

This is the end for this thread

Sharon
06-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Just my :2c: If we want acceptance and not to be ridiculed, then we should TRY AND BLEND IN RATHER THAN LOOKING LIKE FOOLS IN PUBLIC!!! I have seen individuals out like this and it does not make me want to laugh.....it makes me mad!! It's like going on stage after a bad act. Nice.:Angry3::Angry3::Angry3:

But what if that person is doing their very best to look good? We don't know that she was intentionally looking less than the lofty standards we have here. If so, she needs help or sympathy, not hateful ridicule.