PDA

View Full Version : Name Change

pamela_a
06-06-2009, 10:11 AM
but only the name is new, the face and wardrobe is the same :(

As I continue down my path toward transition I decided I needed a name not so close to "his" to help me seal the separation.
Paula was a great help to me understanding myself better but Pam is here to stay (My wife even called me Pam a few times yesterday :) .

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my deep, heartfelt thanks to the admins and the wonderful job they do here. Because of their work here I've been fortunate to meet some very wonderful people and read some very heartwarming and heart wrenching stories.

The one thing this site and a few others have shown me is that I'm not alone. I can go out and be confident in who I am.

Thank you all very much

Hugs and much love

-Pam-

Sharon
06-06-2009, 10:23 AM
It's a lovely sentiment and a lovely name, Pam. :)

Veronica_Jean
06-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi Pam,

I too went through a decision where the name I once used was too close and I wanted a bit more separation.

Pamela is a lovely name.

Veronica

Anna the Dub
06-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Congrats on your new name. I like the name Pam. When I decided to adopt a new name, I sat down with my best friend with a baby names book to try and choose one. I didn't want anything close to my outgoing male name. Well, we didn't get any further than A, and settled on Annabel, which is now my legal name, although everyone (except my family who are the only people who use my birth name) calls me Anna.