PDA

View Full Version : Wig Catalog

JoAnnDallas
07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
I just got a Paula Young Wig Catalog in. Really nice styles and prices. Wish I could buy a couple more, but way things are going right now, JoAnn doesn't have time left to play.

Julie
07-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Joann, here's a link to that catologue for others to see.

http://www.paulayoung.com/catalog/CATALOG_VIEWER.ASP?CCODE=C57&mscssid=&adsrc (http://www.paulayoung.com/catalog/CATALOG_VIEWER.ASP?CCODE=C57&mscssid=&adsrc)=

~Julie~

JoAnnDallas
07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks Julie...

Marla GG
07-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Anyone had experience buying from them? Also, the site says they accept returns....has anyone ever returned a wig to them, and was it hassle-free?

I've been looking on the Beauty Trends site, but unfortunately we don't really like any of the styles they have that are returnable (i.e. non-closeout).

liz lesbow
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
I am about to buy my first wig. Is there any advice to give me. Like pricing or type or manufacture.
When buying your first wig did you get fitted or go in to a wig store to get advice. I sure like the prices on the internet and it seams that the wig stores are three times as much . I have been looking on the link that
julie posted and it looks great

Julie
07-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Liz by typing Wigs into the forum search feature there are a number of threads you might want to check, they might answer the questions you raise. Not all are wig specific so you can select the ones that are.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=288307&pp=25&page=1 (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=288307&pp=25&page=1)

~Julie~

DanaJ
07-07-2005, 12:21 PM
I buy most of my wigs from Beauty Trends (http://www.beautytrends.com) also - they have quick shipping, and good sales, plus after you buy from them a few times they are always giving out specials (free shipping, 20% off).

I know what Marla means, you cannot return sales or special items, but those wigs are usually pretty cheap to start with. I guess I am lucky in that I have a lady that styles and sometimes trims mine :)

DanaJ

Gail Evans
07-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Having a wig fitted is just oh so fem. When I buy a new one I go enfemme to my wig agent and have such fun fitting and trying on until I find one that I like

Gail

Billi49504
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I agree with Gail, it's more fun to get a fitting, see what it looks like on you, before you buy. I take the wife with me to the wig shop to help pick out what looks good on me. OK, what looks the best on me. :)
From what I've found out, there 2 types of wig shops. The first is the ones that deal with chemo patients, they are expensive. They're used to rippin' off the inurance companies. The other type is the regular shops, they are either used to dealing with crossdressers or soon to be out of business. Most have a private area to try on the wigs. And all seemed to want to make a sale...Billi

JoAnnDallas
07-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Now that I have made the transistion and gone out en femm, I think I would goto a wig shop and get fitted. Before the transistion, I don't think I would have had the guts to do so. It's amazing what you will do after you make that first sucessful outing. LOL

rexy
07-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Anyone had experience buying from them? Also, the site says they accept returns....has anyone ever returned a wig to them, and was it hassle-free?

I've been looking on the Beauty Trends site, but unfortunately we don't really like any of the styles they have that are returnable (i.e. non-closeout).
hello marla yes i have bought from them, i have six wigs from. So far everything has worked just great. :) :) :) :)

liz lesbow
07-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Well I did it. Today we went to look at wigs . I called a store and she told me she only deals with women clients. She said if I wanted someone that caters to men to go to “lorel” wigs. So I plugged in the address and my wife asked where are we going. I said to look at wigs. Well she said she would stay outside. I said ok but lets look for one for you. We go there and within 5 minutes I said to my wife why not tell her I want one to. She said ok . So I just blurted out to the clerk that we were there to have my wife try one for me to approve of and why not just let me try them on. What fun I have never had a wig on before. I got a reddish brown one and my wife got one that matches her hair perfectly. Now here I sit with my new wig on, writing this . What a great day. I am so glad you posted this thread

umbrellagirl GG
07-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Well I did it. Today we went to look at wigs . I called a store and she told me she only deals with women clients. She said if I wanted someone that caters to men to go to “lorel” wigs.

I'm glad your wig story is quite the success, but I read what you wrote above and couldn't help but think that was incredibly rude. Why in the world would "only deal with women clients" ? Is that normal? I don't know anything about wig shopping so I am quite curious about this.

Clare
07-08-2005, 02:29 AM
As i've stated elsewhere in threads, my SO and Son have left me, so now Christine is starting to assert herself!

With the support of all the girls in the forum, i'm gaining more confidence everyday and now i'm after a new wig. It may take some time as i'm currently out of work, but i have found several very nice wigs on this link:

http://www.wigsonline.com.au/shopping/default.asp

The store is only 2 hrs from where i'm living now, so hopefully i can visit the store personally and try on some of the wigs before purchase. I have just emailed them to check whether they are ok with crosdressers, and they said come in fully dressed if i was more comfortable selecting a wig that way - wow, that's just great! So you all you aussie girls, get to Melbourne!

They have natural hair and synthetic wigs and the prices are pretty reasonable too.

Christine

NICOLETV
07-08-2005, 03:24 AM
I Just Bought A New Wig,called Local Wig Shop,explained Who I Was,she Was Very Open And Said Come In Anytime I Want,so I Went ,i Tried On 7 Or 8 Wigs Before We Both Liked This One Certain Style,she Styled,trimmed It A Little And I Bought,will Go Back Again.as Far As Paula Young Wigs Have Bought A Few From Them,good Quality For Price,never Sent None Back.it Was Just Hard To Pick The One I Wanted ,and Sometimes They Look Good In The Catalouge But Not On You.my Advice Is Call A Wig Shop And Tell Them Who You Are And They Will Be Glad To Help,because I Can Promise You That You Are Not The First Cd/tv/ts To Shop There.hope All Goes Well In Your Shopping,and If One Place Won't Another Shop Will.