PDA

View Full Version : It’s OK, there's nothing wrong with us

Claire Cook
06-07-2009, 09:30 AM
I wanted to relate couple of experiences of the past week. The bottom line: we shouldn’t feel ashamed, or embarrassed, about being CD.

#1. My wife and I flew to Florida last week. I haven’t yet flown en femme, but this time I wore small brown hoop earrings, a bra under my polo shirt and clear nail polish – otherwise male clothes. The only comment I got about the earrings was from the TSA agent at DCA who complimented me on them (blush!). Anyway, I had my purse, wig, panties, bras, forms, nightie and fem tops in my carryon … plus my electric toothbrush (an obvious weapon) and some geological samples (“rocks”). I know some of you have been worried about having your stuff gone through at security, so hello … “Sir, would you come this way?” The TSA agent went through my stuff, didn’t make a comment about the contents and said “Have a good flight.” Not to worry.

#2. Return trip to DC. Wore the same clothes (and earrings) as the outbound flight. Now here’s a funny bit: the same guy sat next to me on connecting and final flights. We talked about a lot of things, and then he said how he was flying to MD to deal with his brother who had Alzheimer’s. We had dealt with this situation with my mother-in-law, so much of the rest of the conversation focused on this. I might note he was a fairly conservative business type running a software company in Florida. When we finally parted at the DCA Metro station, he said “Can I ask you a personal question?” Sure. “Why do you wear earrings?” “Because I like to, and I should tell you that I am a crossdresser”. Response” “Well, I guess things have changed over the past 30 years.” We shook hands and I wished him the best with his brother. Look forward to stopping by his office in Florida (en drab).

#3. Just had to go out this AM, so a bit of makeup, boobs in, fave wig, sleeveless top and white pants and off I go to Trader Joe’s and Safeway. As usual, treated very nicely. We live in a condo, and my neighbors don’t know about me. Well, as I was getting off the elevator on our floor one of the neighbors was in the hallway unpacking his groceries. So .. I said a cheery “Good morning Matt”. He did a very quick double take, then we started chatting. His last words: “Take care, man.” People can be very cool.

Moral: be confident, and don’t be ashamed. We are who we are.

Miranda09
06-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks for sharing your story CLaire. And, as your post title says..There's NOTHING wrong with us! All we want is the freedom to be ourselves. :)

Rachel05
06-07-2009, 10:26 AM
For someone like me who has not had the courage to venture out yet, this is such a good story and thanks for sharing it with us

Christina Horton
06-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Great story! I have had very good experiences going out dressed. Like my mechanic (whom know knows cuz I went there one day dressed) if you want to know how that went read "my best day out ever" He is so good and very proud of me for being myself.

Anyways, I was talking to him last week on the phone, About the work he was doing on my car, I was in drab talking like Mike when he asked,"Should I call you Christina or Mike" Well I smiled to my self and told him that on the phone it's ok to call me Mike. I also told him how I change my voice and If he hears the diff to use his judgement on it.

How cool is he:) Ok one day a while back I was dressed in my car in his shop and he was adjusting my head lights and called my Mike, I looked at him and in a jokingly way said who are you talking to , he looked up and said "oh sorry Christina I and very tired" I laughed and told him It was very fine. He knows me well enough to know when I am joking , and he knew I was then.Everyone is entitled to a:doh: When I am dressed he call me by my Fem-name and in drab my dram name. Everyone how knows I dress Witch is everyone I care about, the ones whom has meet Christina has no rob with the "gender ID" and calls me the name that I am presenting at the time.

So yes "It's OK,there's nothing wrong with us" . I have never really thought It was wrong, even when a I was very young. I just thought I was alone in all of this. Until the talk shows of course LOL.

#3. Just had to go out this AM, so a bit of makeup, boobs in, fave wig, sleeveless top and white pants and off I go to Trader Joe’s and Safeway. As usual, treated very nicely. We live in a condo, and my neighbors don’t know about me. Well, as I was getting off the elevator on our floor one of the neighbors was in the hallway unpacking his groceries. So .. I said a cheery “Good morning Matt”. He did a very quick double take, then we started chatting. His last words: “Take care, man.” People can be very cool.

Moral: be confident, and don’t be ashamed. We are who we are.

I had something happen to me in my apt the other day. Roberta M ( from this site) and I were just coming back for a day of shopping dinner ya know girl stuff. I don't normally go through the front door, and this guy who has live here for about a year stopped to talk, He said Hi and asked if I was "new" to the apt , I laughed to myself cuz he did not recognize me and said, "OH I have been here for hummmmm (I had to think) 12 years" he had this confused look on his face( I could almost see him thinking why have I not meet you then, Roberta Prob was trying not to laugh. Then I said " I drive truck and am not here much",(still a confused look on his face) then I thought I will put him out of his misery and said" oh ya I drive the corvette to." then it dawned on him Who I am . you could see it on his face. LOL. He said something like "oh ok then well have a good day." all and all was a good day.

But then any day I go out en-fem is a good day. I hope you have many more fun days.

Oh I would not worrie about flying en-fem , from what I have read ( never having flown En-Fem myself) it's a breeze. You should do it the next time. You probably never want to fly (DRAB AIR) again. HUGGS.

linnea
06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Thank you for telling about your experiences!

Darlene Dippy
06-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I echo Linnea, thank you for sharing Claire.

Darlene

lesley jay
06-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Claire i totally agree with your opening statement that we should not be ashamed of who we are.Initially i was i thought i was a freak,monster etc but as a shrink and,my wife and my female freinds told me i am just a normal person,our dressing up and showing our female side is hurting nobody,they all drumed it into my head that i should not at all feel bad for being a crossdresser,there are a lot of people out there who are doing some very nasty things to harm people on a daily basis.

sterling12
06-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Thank you for giving him and honest answer! When we have the guts to say, "I'm a Crossdresser," it's another victory. That's one more person who will now have to examine all of their pre-conceived notions about folks who are gender variant.

I just love stories like this....progress is happening!

Peace and Love, Joanie