PDA

View Full Version : Another question

Christinedreamer
06-08-2009, 01:10 AM
I was reading a post on another site about parents treating TG kids with understanding and support. That started me remembering things I did as a kid/teen to try to force discussion.

I know most of us try desperately try NOT to be discovered, but did any of you deliberately put yourself in a position or situation that would result in being caught or outed as a way to open the discussion with family or friends?

I used to wear a fave pale green double layer nightgown of my mom's to sleep and sometimes I would be awakened by my dad or mom to get ready for school. Even though the bodice or puff sleeves may have been visible outside the covers, they never said a word one way or the other.

Then I walked right into my sister's room wearing the same gown and announced "I am a transvestite" (the term in vogue then) and was promptly told to get out. She never gave me an opening to talk about my inner cravings.

There were many, many more scenarios like that.

Anyone else try extreme meausures to break the ice with family?

Carrie R
06-08-2009, 02:23 AM
I put my pictures on myspace page, my brother wasn't thrilled but things are fine.

trannie T
06-08-2009, 03:06 AM
I would never have even dreamed of such a thing, I was a complete closet case. It took me years to actually buy some clothes and them several more years to venture out.

Sophie_C
06-08-2009, 03:21 AM
I was reading a post on another site about parents treating TG kids with understanding and support. That started me remembering things I did as a kid/teen to try to force discussion.

I know most of us try desperately try NOT to be discovered, but did any of you deliberately put yourself in a position or situation that would result in being caught or outed as a way to open the discussion with family or friends?

I used to wear a fave pale green double layer nightgown of my mom's to sleep and sometimes I would be awakened by my dad or mom to get ready for school. Even though the bodice or puff sleeves may have been visible outside the covers, they never said a word one way or the other.

Then I walked right into my sister's room wearing the same gown and announced "I am a transvestite" (the term in vogue then) and was promptly told to get out. She never gave me an opening to talk about my inner cravings.

There were many, many more scenarios like that.

Anyone else try extreme meausures to break the ice with family?

There was absolutely no community back then, so of course more people hid it. I'm about 75% sure I would have transitioned as a teen (but definitely by, say, 21) had technology been as it is now, then.

Carly D.
06-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I am absolute in my existence as the fem I am.. I am absolute in that there are days when my myspace page is open to everyone and days when I think no more.. and set it to private.. it has now been set to open for about two months straight.. my point here is if my brothers or any other family find it and ask about it, then I will have to decide right then, is it me, or is it someone who looks a lot like me in drag.. probably would say it is me.. if I'm in my brave mode..