PDA

View Full Version : Another first .... came out to a good friend

Miranda09
06-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Well, this has been a weekend of firsts. I came out about my CDing to a very good gg friend of mine. She was so supportive, but I new she would be. She's been giving me all sorts of tips and advise on fashion and makeup. I feel so good right now!

Marissa
06-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Have to say sorry Miranda, i peeked and left no response.. which is something i stated on one of my own threads..lots of looks but no response..

anyway, i'm having a heck of a time typing with long nails on...

I'm happy that you have had so many firsts and all positive.. that is great...

Hugs,

Bobbi Em
06-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Miranda,

Betcha wanted the weekend to never end, eh? There'll be others, but there's only one first time. Sounds like you made the most of it!

Bobbi

Sheila
06-08-2009, 04:23 AM
glad you had a good response hun :D

Teri Jean
06-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Miranda,
It is good to hear that you have a supportive GG that is willing to help. I did this awhile back and have been fotunate as you.

Keli

Elvira
06-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Hey Miranda! Telling someone close to you about your c.d'ng is the only way to go. I told my g.f. almost straight away about my fem side and she has suported ever since!

gwen cd
06-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Glad it turned out good.
as they say
let the good times roll..

Hippoeater
06-08-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm glad it worked out so well for you! =) I just came out to one of my very old and very close gg friends (via email - lame, I know) and I haven't heard anything back yet...let's hope it goes as well as yours did! ^_^

Jennifer Marie P.
06-08-2009, 07:36 AM
What a weekend you had and yes you need support from your GG friends.

jasmine57
06-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Good for you Miranda. I'm sure you feel like a weight has been lifted from you. Glad you had a good weekend.

Annie D
06-08-2009, 07:48 AM
What a great way to spend the week end; sharing something about yourself and being accepted. Each day brings us a gift, what we do with it the most important thing. Cherish your friend for being accepting and share with her how much it means to you!

boardpuppy
06-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Isn't it so much fun when you and a GGF can share about the things in your everyday life. Days and Weeks to come you will remember this time and be thankful of your decision. Your decision was right for you and it worked for you. Congrats.

Hugs,
Alice

Miranda09
06-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Isn't it so much fun when you and a GGF can share about the things in your everyday life. Days and Weeks to come you will remember this time and be thankful of your decision. Your decision was right for you and it worked for you. Congrats.

Hugs,
Alice

I was sooo nervous about telling her, but I just had to tell someone about this whole weekend and I knew she could be the one person who would be supportive. And everyone is right.....a huge burden has just been lifted off my shoulders. Thanks to everyone here as well. You're all a very special group of people. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

lesley jay
06-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi Miranda,i am happy for you that you were able to share ur life that u live with a freind it makes life so much easier to face,i have 2 female freinds that i see on a regular basis who know about me and just having them there to talk to,go shopping with,to support me is unbelievable,without them i would have gone mad.

chrystie
06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Let us know what happens when,or if,you come out to a good male friend.Before I started dressing 24/7 I told my friend who was best man at my wedding and I don't think he believed me til the next day when we had our annual crab feast.He was somewhat surprised and wanted to know how long I have been dressing.When I told him about 45 years he just laughed and said it's all good,and it has been.

Miranda09
06-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Let us know what happens when,or if,you come out to a good male friend.Before I started dressing 24/7 I told my friend who was best man at my wedding and I don't think he believed me til the next day when we had our annual crab feast.He was somewhat surprised and wanted to know how long I have been dressing.When I told him about 45 years he just laughed and said it's all good,and it has been.

Not sure if I'll ever let my close male friends in on this, but you never know. I could change my mind. If they are as good a friends as I know they are, it won't make a difference, although it will provide some fuel for good natured kidding. :)

kathrynjanos
06-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Bravo! I came out first to my best friend in the whole world, and she loves me dearly for it. I know how elated I was when she said it didn't matter a tiny bit to her, and that she was even happier that I chose her as my first person to talk to about it.

Jessica Who
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
It's the best when the person you come out to is supportive and willing to talk to you about it. Congratulations girl

briannad
06-08-2009, 10:35 PM
I came out to my absolute best friend last year. He has been totally supportive, and even offered to stay by my side at our next college reunion if I show up as Alyssa. I told my last GF about 18 months ago and she has been in my corner ever since. So there is hope even among the male side of your friends. Btw, I have not transitioned, just going through the prelims.

Angel.Marie76
06-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I was sooo nervous about telling her, but I just had to tell someone about this whole weekend and I knew she could be the one person who would be supportive. And everyone is right.....a huge burden has just been lifted off my shoulders. Thanks to everyone here as well. You're all a very special group of people. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I was nervous as heck coming out to a few of my GGfriends, one of which was dating my best GM friend. When I told her, she just smiled and said 'Of course you are dear!' Though, when I told her I wanted to figure out how to tell her BF.. her answer was short and sweet - 'Hun, he's your BEST FRIEND, bar none. I KNOW he'll accept you for who you are and not think you odd by it. Sure he might need some time to absorb it, but he'll treat you just the same.... (and what was implied but not said: If he says anything other than supporting words, I'll kick his BUTT. ;-) )

Congrats on the good fortune, hope it continues. :hugs:

DianneRoberts
06-09-2009, 09:20 AM
So Awesome !
Wasn't it only a month ago you became my first friend and I was scared to go out by the light of the moon and get gas & a soda.
You said that you wished you lived nearby to help me & go with me.

WOW what a difference a few weeks makes.

I wish now that I lived near you and tagged along for your latest.

I doubt I'll ever get that far, but you never know.

So proud of you.

:)

"Mary"
06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
That's so great - It must be very helpful to have an in-person coach.

Miranda09
06-09-2009, 12:28 PM
So Awesome !
Wasn't it only a month ago you became my first friend and I was scared to go out by the light of the moon and get gas & a soda.
You said that you wished you lived nearby to help me & go with me.

WOW what a difference a few weeks makes.

I wish now that I lived near you and tagged along for your latest.

I doubt I'll ever get that far, but you never know.

So proud of you.

:)

Thanks Dianne. It was an amazing weekend all around. Be patient. your time will come and when it does, bask in it. As I have found out, there's nothing like the first time, whether it's going out in public or telling a close friend. :)

jenna_woods
06-09-2009, 12:31 PM
that's great glad you had a good weekend, and yes telling a friend is the way to go, I did and was surprised how well she understood me and helped so much.

Briana Blonde
06-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Easy to tell girl friends. But I would need to grow titanium balls before I would ever tell a good guy friend.

msbrownskinned
06-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I have told only two people and one is my GF. I think that's enough lol