PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker asked a question, then complimented me

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-08-2009, 06:29 PM
I have been going to have different medical procedure's done as a result of my physical. My HRT Dr. requested that I have a full physical before going on HRT. Well I've had Colonoscopy, Digital rectal exams and Prostate Biopsy. He asked me if when I went to these exams, do I wear my usual feminine thongs or male boxers. I told him I went in my normal attire, feminine pants, blouse's, makeup and my usual thong panties. He asked when they ask for me to pull my pants down, am I wearing thongs or boxers, I took a moment to think before giving my answer, but thought it best to say the truth, told him I was wearing my thong panties.

He responded with this answer, which surprised me, "If you said boxers I wouldn't have respected you, but since you wore Thong panties I respect you for who you are". I think and suspect he know's I am more a transsexual than simply a crossdresser and he can respect me for that reason, it made my day. :battingeyelashes:

morgan pure
06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Isn't it nice to meet people who have no axe to grind, and just appreciate you for who you are. Every time I've had it with people, someone does something nice.

Ashlie Marie
06-08-2009, 11:11 PM
That is great u found a doc like that.. you go girl.. Also in a funny giggly way you made me think of something like years ago when i stopped wearing guys undies and started wearing panties and thongs, my Mom figured it out and asked me what I would tell the doctors if I was ever in an accident. to this day I dont think i gave her an answer. ok sorry its late I am rabbling this is your thread . nite

Hugs,

Miranda09
06-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Cool Kimberly. You handled that perfectly . :)

Swottie
06-26-2009, 03:57 AM
my Mom figured it out and asked me what I would tell the doctors if I was ever in an accident. to this day I dont think i gave her an answer.

Hehe I heard that it is fairly common for paramedics to turn up to accidents to find men with lingerie under their male clothes. Would be interesting to find what percentage that is.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I heard once that it was about 3 or 4 of of 10 that wore womens panties. :battingeyelashes:

VirginiaX23
06-26-2009, 08:07 PM
I heard once that it was about 3 or 4 of of 10 that wore womens panties. :battingeyelashes:

Well, they do provide better support :o I think a lot more large men should consider at least a sports bra...

Swottie
06-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Well, they do provide better support :o I think a lot more large men should consider at least a sports bra...

perhaps one day the marketeers will come up with a guy-bra... we're come a long with with what used to be female only products, from the original CK-1 unisex perfume to guy-liners, to male hair removal creams... so one day maybe :)

Rifkinn
06-27-2009, 04:39 PM
perhaps one day the marketeers will come up with a guy-bra... we're come a long with with what used to be female only products, from the original CK-1 unisex perfume to guy-liners, to male hair removal creams... so one day maybe :)

they got them :)
http://www.eastasiafair.com/2008/11/26/male-bras-are-top-seller-in-japan/

PetiteDuality
08-25-2009, 09:55 AM
I think and suspect he know's I am more a transsexual than simply a crossdresser and he can respect me for that reason, it made my day. :battingeyelashes:

A simple crossdresser deserves any less respect?

Frances
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM

Yeah, it is kind of odd that the doctor makes a judgment based on attire. A lot of people start HRT while still living full-time as males. While he seems concerned about your life-changing decision, he is not a therapist and has no business discussing your underwear in my opinion.

It is like Veronique Renard in Pholomolo writing that her therapist accepted her as trans because she presented her fingernails with the palm down. Or those old stories of surgeons only operating on trans-women they felt attracted to.

It is good to feel accepted and respected, but it seems a little weird to me. Although I enjoy being girly and all, we should be able to transition as butch women wearing male attire (and underwear). Julia Serrano also touches on the subject in her incredible book Whipping Girl.

Good luck with your transition.

MizLutz
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I heard once that it was about 3 or 4 of of 10 that wore womens panties. :battingeyelashes:To me, men's underware is not very comfortable. Heck, men's pants ain't nearly as comfortable as a skirt is. Why is it that the women, with very little between their legs, got to wear the comfy stuff!?

Melissa A.
09-02-2009, 06:09 PM

No, they don't deserve any less respect. Unless they're trying to convince others that they are who they aren't. Kimberly identifies as a woman, and a transsexual. For her to present as anything less than that, in her outer wear, under wear, or in any other way, would be a signal that maybe she hasn't accepted who she is yet, or isn't who she thinks he is.

When I was first coming out, and starting HRT, I asked my therapist if I should go to my first doctor visit presenting female or not. She said, "You'd better, if you want to be taken seriously". If you're going to transition, you'd better be prepared to show that you're real, and ready. I think that's what the doc was talking about.

Cool beans, Kimberly.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

North Carolina CD
09-02-2009, 06:12 PM
my coworkers are such a pain, i could definitely never let them know anything about me, yuck...

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-03-2009, 09:35 PM
This before I officially come out in October. I have told two wonderful women, both who accept me completely as me. They both have become closer friends to me. So What I say is, don't underestimate your co-workers. They are more accepting than you know.. :battingeyelashes: Kim

RedGG
09-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Not really knowing the relationship you have with this co-worker or how close you may be, my initial response to this was that it seemed very strange that a co-worker would have the gull to ask such a personal question. It may be completely innocent curiosity about anything "different" but I think I would be offended by such a question. JMO