PDA

View Full Version : Girlhood experience you wished you had

IwishIwasTracy
06-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I was just wondering what girlhood experience you wish you would of had. For me it would have been getting my first bra. I was very envious when my sister got her first bra. The second one is kind of a fun one. I like it when someone playfully snaps my bra strap. I missed having that happen to me as a young girl.

Let's hear some others.

Tracy

happygirl
06-09-2009, 01:05 AM
A slumber party. I remember my sisters and there girlfriends playing, talking and just bonding all night

Nicole Erin
06-09-2009, 01:06 AM
A slumber party. I remember my sisters and there girlfriends playing, talking and just bonding all night

would be fun, I remember when the girls did that and it was "no boys allowed" that used to bother me...

Persephone
06-09-2009, 01:09 AM
I was just wondering what girlhood experience you wish you would of had. For me it would have been getting my first bra. I was very envious when my sister got her first bra. The second one is kind of a fun one. I like it when someone playfully snaps my bra strap. I missed having that happen to me as a young girl.

Let's hear some others.

Tracy

Oh, gosh, Tracy, I wish I'd had it all! I missed getting the girly presents, having the girl friends, I really, really dispised being excluded from the "girl's side" of the playground and from "home economics" classes in middle school (in my day, boys weren't even allowed near those classrooms).

I missed wearing dresses to elementary school and skirts to middle & high school (again, in my day, girls were required to wear skirts to school).

I missed my first bra and my first period (doesn't sound like much fun, but it is part of being a girl).

And although pretty much of a committed male heterosexual now, I would have loved to know/understand what it was like to go riding in cars with boys. Really! I long to know what it was like to go fishing for a boy, to get him to call, to go out on a date, to wear that special dress to the prom.

Stacye Rose
06-09-2009, 01:24 AM
I'd have to say the one experience I would have liked would have been getting my first pair of high heels to wear with "that special dress". Such a grown up feeling for a young teenage girl to have.

Carrie R
06-09-2009, 03:31 AM
I would've just been happy to have girl friends, I've always felt left out...

Bobbi Em
06-09-2009, 03:46 AM
I missed the chance to be a ****. A tease. A tramp. The power of being in a class when the desks were circled and being able to flash a boy across the room to the point of where he'd have to excuse himself to go to the john for five minutes. Boys are sooo easy to manipulate.

My bad...

Bobbi

Kate Simmons
06-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Hmm--I was a tomboy, so if anyone ever snapped my bra, I would have smacked them right in the kisser.;):)

BillieJoe
06-09-2009, 08:09 AM
When I was little (I'm guessing maybe five) I had to go shopping with my aunts, mother , sisters and cousins (all girls). We went into a dress shop and the girls were all fitted for and had purchased for them new dresses. I innocently asked when they were going to buy me my new dress. I remember the deafening silence as soon as I asked that. If I could I would love to go back and have a dress bought for me.

windycissy
06-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Reminds me of the Frankie Avalon song, "Bobby Sox to Stockings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd5lX_FESlw)" that would have been a moment to treasure...on the other hand, last week I was walking through the mall when I heard terrible screaming coming out of Claires, stuck my head in, sure enough a little girl was having her ears pierced!

SherriePall
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Wow, what experience would I have liked to have had? Probably, that first dance or prom. The preparation, the anticipation, the participation.

Ricochet
06-09-2009, 10:06 AM

Same here. I would have liked the intimate bonding that girls do.

I've had one male friend (a co-worker) in my lifetime that I ever felt comfortable enough to have discussions of an intimate nature. These discussions usually centered around the women we were involved with in the past or present. He is the only man I ever expressed my inner feelings to. I have never been able to do it with my brothers or best male friends. As far as I know, this is pretty common with most men. I suppose we see it as a weakness.

So, yes, I would have liked the bonding that girls are, fortunately, able to do in their relationships.

Take care...

SweetCaroline
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Definitely getting to wear a prom dress. Not to big on actually going to the prom, I just wanted to wear the dresses.

In a way, I did get to do just that 20 years later when I was asked to be a model in a fashion show at the 2008 First Event conference outside Boston, so one fantasy did come true (among many others).

suchacutie
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I can't tell you how many times my wife has said, "that's the kind of thing you learn growing up as a girl!".

Ok so we learn about makeup and we cover ourselves in the outward trappings of being a woman and even learn voice control, but all of that is like joining a chorus and singing in a language you don't know. You can learn the pronunciation but you still don't know what it all means.

We all never learned how girls think, how they are taught to act, and what they internalize in this process! That's what I miss so much: I want to know what it's like to be a girl from the inside out. Learning it now is one heck of a learning curve, if it can be done at all!

tina

Jessica Who
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Going to my first formal dinner or dance

Hippoeater
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Hands down, Prom! Ugh what I would have given to be the one dressed up in those beautiful gowns! *sigh*

Malori Cross
06-09-2009, 10:43 AM
I can't tell you how many times my wife has said, "that's the kind of thing you learn growing up as a girl!".

Ok so we learn about makeup and we cover ourselves in the outward trappings of being a woman and even learn voice control, but all of that is like joining a chorus and singing in a language you don't know. You can learn the pronunciation but you still don't know what it all means.

We all never learned how girls think, how they are taught to act, and what they internalize in this process! That's what I miss so much: I want to know what it's like to be a girl from the inside out. Learning it now is one heck of a learning curve, if it can be done at all!

tina

Spot on--I'd like the whole she-bang (pardon the pun!), but I've also often thought how exciting it would feel to put on a bra for the first time. Then again, I don't think I'd want to experience the whole menstrual thing.

Toni_Lynn
06-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh my -- this is a great question! Thank you!

Yes -- there are all those great experiences -- first bra, that special dress, first makeup experiences --- but as I look back at life -- guess what -- I did experience them. The day I bought my first training bra will forever be indelibly etched on my mind as the single greatest day of teenage years. That special dress -- well -- my first dress WAS very special -- cause it was mine and it was a dress, not did not belong to someone else. My first experimentation with makeup -- just like every other girl! Oh - and i did read 16 and Tiger Beat magazine for all stuff on my faves like The Monkees etc -- and Seventeen for all the fashion news. I sat with teh Sears, Penney's and Wards catalogs and dreamed just like any other girl. Oh there are other expriences far too personal to mention -- such as the first time I bought a ceratin item from that little vending machine in the girls restroom - -what a rite of passage. Yes -- I experienced so much that every girl does -- and non-CDing boys don't.

However -- the missing component is the fact that these were all done alone. I wished that I had been made to feel as special as my sister did on those occasions. Yes, they were all special for me to, but the specialness was not shared. It was a lonely type of specialness, known only to me. It brought happiness and satisfaction, but I only knew of it.

My happiest days arer those when I peddled my bike out to the local shopping centre, went in Murphy's Mart and plunked down my allowance on a new bra and panties and a copy of Seventeen, and then headed to a local lake where I sat on the shore under a tree reading my magazine after putting on my new undies.

It was wonderful, and I wouldn't trade it for the life of any of the boys that I saw playing football or little league baseball etc.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

lisalove
06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
When my boobs started to show. Thats the first sign of womanhood. I remember getting my first bra, so that doesn't count lol.
Also the thrill of going from boring cotton little girl panties to sexy women's silky bikini panties. in a way I did get to go from boring boys underwear to sexy panties, but it's not the same.

Patricia1
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I would love to have experienced turning some heads as I walked by & knowing that I was making the boys think "nasty" thoughts. The whole idea of going through puberty with everything blossoming & curving & pouting thrills me.

Helen H. Heels
06-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Trying on heels was fun in a young boys experience however when nylons were added to the equation, then heaven is attained.
Just would have been great not to hide but to share this experience!
Love,
Helen:)

cindym5_04
06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Hmmm experiences I wish I had (when young):

1) growing breasts as a younger girl.

2) going out with girlfriends and shopping and bonding.

3) being asked out by guys for dates.

4) being a "bad girl" at school- either by reputation or by skipping classes, etc.

5) having a date for prom. Hell, having a date in high school (in general, I actually had 2 dates in all of HS- one girl was deported a day or two later)

6) going to college on campus and doing whatever and whomever I wanted.

7) going to the beach in a bikini and teasing all the boys.

8) all of the fashions the younger girls can wear that we older ones cant/couldnt.

Lorileah
06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Bad me but being in the back seat of a '57 Chevy, listening to teh radio ( I wish it was ZZ Top's Legs but then I would have been 22 and if I was still in the backseat of a Chevy, there was something wrong with me) being totally conflicted as to being a good girl or being...popular. I know good girl would have won but being popular is soooooo cool

gender_blender
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Sweet sixteen and/or Prom.
I regret not going to my Prom and have been chasing the dream ever since with an extensive collection of very expensive gowns.

Less seriously: it would have been great to drive the boys crazy by being a hot young teenage lesbian.

diannecourtney
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Would have loved to be wearing the knee high socks and plaid skirts going to the local private schools. They are atill on my mind.:):):)

kymmieLorain
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I missed the chance to be popular, to have everyone as a friend, the real me had few friends in school and fewer now. Oh well. life goes marrily on.
But then again I may have been a tom boy but who knows

Kymmie

charlie
06-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I believe Toni Lynn has hit the nail on the head. We have been able to buy our first dresses, play with makeup, buy prom dresses and go out and about as girls....but we have to do it alone. We don't have the support of other girls. It was driven home to me last time I was out and squatting in a stall in the Ladies Room. A girl came in the stall beside the one I was in and started talking to me, the stranger in the next stall. I really did not know what to do, so I just did not answer. Guys don't do that stuff! Girls are easier, more friendly and more open. I miss that intense openness that girls have.

Michelle8
06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
I would have loved going to the prom.trying on dresses,
going to beauty salon on prom day.And having a great
looking guy take me to the prom.And of course after

Persephone
06-09-2009, 01:40 PM

tina
:yt::iagree:

Sarah Doepner
06-09-2009, 01:51 PM
First would have to be being part of a close relationship with other females, be they young or old. I would have liked being able to talk about feelings and expectations instead of putting up false fronts and hiding behind my words. I doubt I have ever been able to communicate with another man or a woman with any kind of intimacy.

Second would be getting the kind of treatment on special days where someone would help me get my hair done, pick out colors and do my nails, help me pick out and then put on that special dress. You know, just generally be fussed over and made to feel like someone's princess.

Deedee Dupree
06-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Such a nice thread Tracy. If it had only been possible.... to be young and pretty and able to express it so long ago.

Just about everything everyone has said, going to the prom and being a princess, playing a part in a school play, dressing for and going to the beach... later dressing older, having fun on the boardwalk as one of the girls, teasing the young men & boys. The easy conversation and laughter, the slumber parties. Being one of the first to wear pretty high heels to class.... or a new fashion.

Toni Lynn's wonderful post:

I didn't have sisters and I often wonder what that would have been like. I recall those bike trips and spending my allowance..... so nervous, frightened and excited. I carefully positioned my bike, planning my escape route in order to elude the men in white coats who were were sure to give me shock treatments or worse if I were captured with girl shoes and clothing. And I recall the incredible happiness that came over me, alone in my room with my new things.

Oh well, somehow everything turned out OK.

dd

anna kate
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Would have swapped places with my sister in a heart beat. Mom used me as a manaquin when she made clothes for my sister and cousin. I'm positive she new I liked girly things, maybe that was her way of letting me have a taste of it. How I wanted a satin party dress, the young girls of my time wore. In the teen years, it was the bobby socks and poodle skirts (have one now). Yes I longed for it all, and would have taken it all.

Cristi
06-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I like it when someone playfully snaps my bra strap. I missed having that happen to me as a young girl.

One of the first times I was fully dressed in public was at a halloween party a decade or so ago. At one point during the night, one of the GGs snapped my bra strap. It was quite a surprise and made me jump. She said she'd always wanted to 'get back' at the boys who didn't to her in school, so I was an open target.
Well, it caught on with the other girls, and by the end of the night it must have been done a dozen time. I tried to act annoyed and didn't let on that I was secretly enjoying it.
I guess what I really miss from growing up as a boy would have been the hot Summer days, wearing nothing but a knee length cotton sundress, the Summer breeze blowing it around my legs...
Oh yeah, and the uniforms the girls had to wear in the elementary school I went to in the late 60s drove me CRAZY. I was so distracted in class thinking about being able to dress like that that I could hardly pay attention to the teacher. Knee length tartan skirts or jumpers, knee socks...

SarahPerth
06-09-2009, 07:42 PM
going to the first dance on a Friday night in Grade 7 (year we turned 12) would have been special.

Jan W
06-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Fun question, I would have loved to experience:-

Party dresses, school dresses, circle skirts, box pleated skirts and a wedding dress. (although by then I would be a woman not a young girl)

Diane Smith
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
First trip to the salon for a "grown-up" hairstyle and maybe a professional makeup application would have been fun ...

- Diane

bianncats
06-10-2009, 12:04 AM
I would love to go through every minute...the giggles the smiles, the tears, the growing, the clothes, the personal bonds...the relationships...blah blah..
every minute!!!:battingeyelashes:

Jan Michell Collins
06-10-2009, 12:18 AM
I can't think of any girl thing I wanted to experience, just all of them and to share them with someone elese as a girl who wouldn't look down on me.

lesley jay
06-10-2009, 12:20 AM
It a thought that often goes through my head,what it would have been like growing up as a girl,here are just a few comments, 1)being dressed up as a young girl in all of those frilly pink dresses 2)being able to go to school in a girls school uniform 3)the excitement of getting boobies 4)having that close relationship with my mother 5)learning to walk in heels 6) not doing the male activities that i did to try and convince my mind and other people that i was not feminine, - let me stop now as i could carry on for hours - have a great day ladies.

lori m crawford
06-10-2009, 04:54 AM
i thank most have said it but for mom to take me an buy my first girdle bra an stockings

lovecowls
06-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Having girlfriends and being able to borrow and try on their clothes!

RobynB
06-10-2009, 06:46 AM
As a child of the 50's, I wanted to wear the petticoats all the girls were wearing. I also wanted to attend ballet class.

lynnmcarthur
06-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Brownies, skating skirts, training bras and all of it. I love reading the Now You are a Woman stuff from Modess and Kotex and wanted that too

Susan Watersfield
06-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh dear! So many things. Reading this thread has given me ideas I hadn't thought about before.

Top of the list must be getting my first bra (and of course growing breasts to fill it :) ). And of course my first pair nylons.

Then there's all the girl activities. Ballet lessons would have been high on the list.

But of course that first proper "big girl's dress", and a special date to wear it on.

So many others besides.......

Luv

Susan

LindaMarie
06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
It would have been wonderful to experience going to formal (or as we used to say during my high school, semi-formal) dances and parties. To be able to spend a whole day getting all pretty, wearing gorgeous clothes and heels, would have been just wonderful. I developed late so even into my late teens, I didn't have a very masculine build. I looked pretty good in the dresses I was able to borrow on the sly from my sister but to have been able to be out with friends dressed like that would have been so great.

The other desire isn't really a "girly" experience as much as it would be a young woman's experience. I find these days that I'm occasionally very jealous of women in their 20s. Young, smart, stylish and cute. I'd also love to be able to look good in the styles that young professional woman wear, both for work and play.

Karren H
06-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Getting born... :)

Lorileah
06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
This thread reinforces that I am strange no matter what I wear :) All these good girls on here and me the rebel!

The post about spending all day to get pretty for the dance...morphed for me into the 15 minutes it would take to destroy that down by the lake! I think Lori needs a timeout :)

cindym5_04
06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
This thread reinforces that I am strange no matter what I wear :) All these good girls on here and me the rebel!

The post about spending all day to get pretty for the dance...morphed for me into the 15 minutes it would take to destroy that down by the lake! I think Lori needs a timeout :)

Oh don't worry...I don't think I would've been a "good girl" at all. My wife and I agree that I would've probably been putting out all over the place in high school and college... probably would've been the total party girl and everyone would've known who I was. I think that's because I'm just generally horny...lol.

dawnmarrie1961
06-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Having a Vagina would probably top my list. Not because it would have made me a girl , but because it just looked so gosh darn neat! Not the terrible ,hanging, thing that I was stuck with.

I remember when I first saw one.
It was the girl next door that showed me hers.It was a innocent encounter. I was in first grade. She said that we were going to to do the "French Kiss". It simply involved her showing me "her's" & then me showing her "mine".

Suddenly I realized just how different males & females were. That moment changed my life forever. :eek:

dawnmarrie1961
06-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Moderator, I hope my post doesn't seem out of line or of a sexual nature. That is not how it is intended.

linnea
06-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh, gosh, Tracy, I wish I'd had it all! I missed getting the girly presents, having the girl friends, I really, really dispised being excluded from the "girl's side" of the playground and from "home economics" classes in middle school (in my day, boys weren't even allowed near those classrooms).

I missed wearing dresses to elementary school and skirts to middle & high school (again, in my day, girls were required to wear skirts to school).

I missed my first bra and my first period (doesn't sound like much fun, but it is part of being a girl).

And although pretty much of a committed male heterosexual now, I would have loved to know/understand what it was like to go riding in cars with boys. Really! I long to know what it was like to go fishing for a boy, to get him to call, to go out on a date, to wear that special dress to the prom.

Wow! Me too!

shayleetv
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
My sister was a cheerleader at the University. How I envied her as I sometimes sat in the stands and watched. That short skirt and the colored panties that matched. How I wished that was me out there instead of my sister.

Intertwined
06-10-2009, 11:50 PM
a slumber party. I remember my sisters and there girlfriends playing, talking and just bonding all night

d i t t o !

Leah_1972
06-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I would have loved to gotten my ears pierced, painted my nails, wore dresses to elementary school, skirts to high school to tease the boys. Wore a prom dress and had a boy take me to the high school prom. I'm so jealous of my sister who got to do all those things.

Aubrey Green
06-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Growing up with 2 brothers, it would have been great to have a room all to myself. Let's see, growing up it probably would have had David Cassidy posters on the wall and strings of beads and my own jewelry box and a closet full of clothes. Then a phone in my room and girltalk all night and talking to boys late at night on the phone. OMG! Miniskirts were the style and long hair. Oh, what a joyus time it could have been!!! :daydreaming:

Sammy777
06-11-2009, 02:28 AM
I will take "Things you can't have" for 500 Alex

What is Puberty?

kellycan27
06-11-2009, 02:31 AM
being gang banged by the football team:battingeyelashes:

Rogina B
06-11-2009, 07:30 AM
I am with Kelly on that one and I could have shown the hockey team where to put their sticks as well! A"reputation", that is what a boy can't get! Boobs and a pussycat sure went a long way toward a busy social calender in my school days,for sure! The girls that also had a reputation were even busier..:)

Desiree2bababe
06-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Going with Mom to pick out a beautiful prom dress would have been grand. Then, that first kiss from a boy.........

Lorileah
06-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Kelly and Regina!!! You guys!!! Now I feel like the good girl of the group :) (ok maybe two different dates in one night...)

Tamara Croft
06-11-2009, 12:06 PM
being gang banged by the football team:battingeyelashes:That's just lame and is not a girlhood experience...
I am with Kelly on that one and I could have shown the hockey team where to put their sticks as well! A"reputation", that is what a boy can't get! Boobs and a pussycat sure went a long way toward a busy social calender in my school days,for sure! The girls that also had a reputation were even busier..:)And this is just as lame as the other one... :rolleyes:

Stitch
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to agree with Tamara. That doesn't sound like a girlhood experience to me.
Also you might wanna add going to a Gyenocologist to get tested for STDs to the end of it. :straightface:

Sheila
06-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Geeze talk about the man shining through :brolleyes::brolleyes:

kellycan27
06-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Just a little levity and a test to see who is awake and is paying attention. If I offended anyone i apologize.... And furthermore... In the future I will try to give serious relpys to these serious questions :heehee:

I guess what I need is a good ............

:spank:

:daydreaming: Yeah, that's exactly what I need...

promgown
06-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Being able to go prom dress shopping with a group of girls. and then getting ready to go with getting my hair done, my pics taken, and getting that corsage.

BabyPink
06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
1. Being attractive to boys.
2. Going into a shop for the first time to buy girly clothes of my own choice and being able to fuss over them.
3. Wearing a crisp white blouse and pleated skirt to school.
4. Having boys/men show me deference (hopefully!)
5. Pouting when I didn't get my own way!

Toni_Lynn
06-11-2009, 02:07 PM
The more I thought about my original answer all the girly things that I did experience, I realised that there is one that I'd have had to have been a girl for.

So -- it quite simple -- the girlhood experience of being a tomboy. I'd love to have hand the experience of being a girl yet playing hockey, baseball and football, riding my bike like a batouttahell down a hill, and getting dirty and muddy and relishing in it because I was a girl doing boys things. There is one aspect of this though I'd have loved more than anything ... driving my mum up a wall as she'd be moaning and whining at me: 'Toni-Lynn -- be a lady for once!' :)

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

---PS: I wonder - could I really be an ftm crossdresser trapped in an mtf crossdressers body?

Lorileah
06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Oh this was serious? Can I change my answer?

Lets see, I'd have been a good student, belonged to several clubs, not very athletic, smart and have a great personality. Would have missed prom because the guys in my group would not have asked a girl out.

But I can't know because I have never been in that position.

Melanie R
06-11-2009, 03:28 PM
At age 17 my girlfriend loved to dress me in her clothes. We could wear the same size including heels. This occured the many times her parents were out of town leaving her alone at home. I did have a best male friend who knew about Melanie and had been with me when I was fully dressed. I had talked about always wanting to go to a prom as Melanie. John asked if Melanie would go with him to his senior prom. Linda, my girl friend, said that I could wear her beautiful long pink prom dress. I chickened out and did not take him up on his invitation. I can still fantasize how great that would have been wearing that dress and dancing with John in those 4 inch pink pumps.

Stephanie Stephens
06-12-2009, 07:31 AM
being gang banged by the football team:battingeyelashes:

yes

HeatherScott
06-12-2009, 07:43 AM
I always felt rejected when mum took me with her to the hairdressers where she sat and had rollers put in and I never ! Oh how I hoped I could get that done. It was great to sit in the company of so many women for so long. Mum could never understand why I never got bored ! I used to dream that the stylist would grab me and sit me on the seat and have my hair curled.... but it never happened...

Life can be so cruel...

Joy Carter
06-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Having the obstetrician announce "It's A Girl !" :D

sometimes_miss
06-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I kind of grew up envying my older sister, who had several friends, while I had none. It always seemed she spent almost every waking hour with them. So, pretty much any average day with those girls would have been nice. Or, one of the sleepovers they had (that of course I, being a boy, was excluded from), yeah, that's it.

julie0110
06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Intimate kisses and cuddles with my first crush

Julie
XX

Evelyn74
06-12-2009, 03:10 PM
The close bond women have with there friends

kellycan27
06-12-2009, 04:29 PM
yes

Nobody said it so maybe I had better.... Do not encourage Kellycan to be naughty! :heehee:

trisha59
06-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Being a Flower Girl at a wedding

Missy
06-12-2009, 06:05 PM
growing up and being able to have my own set of breast

Keely
06-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Getting my ears pierced when just a teen.

Pattie O
06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Wearing girls clothes,going to ballet,learning how to apply make up,going to a debutante ball dressed up like a princess,getting ears pierced,shopping for pretty things,going to the hairdresser and having different hairstyles and oh wearing ribbons and pigtails and or plaits

Randee
06-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Going to ballet class after school with my sister. It would be so fun for us to come home from school, change into leotards and tights together and hop in the back of the car for mom to drive us to dance class. Sis loved it so much, she would stay dressed the rest of the afternoon after class, go to McDonalds, play in the playland with the ball pool and the slide, and skip about in her leotards and tights. I so wanted to join her.

Christina89
06-21-2009, 05:32 AM
being able to wear a bikini and laying on the beach dreaming about wat guy/girl i would want to be with. u never kno u could have a lesbian thought if u were born a girl. being able to buy my first thong and bikini and wearing a prom dress and getting looks from guys/girls at prom cuz ur so sexy looking. i woulld have loved to been born female instead of male.

Stephanie Stephens
06-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Nobody said it so maybe I had better.... Do not encourage Kellycan to be naughty! :heehee:

Kellycan, you rock.:)

Stephanie Stephens
06-21-2009, 07:56 AM
being able to wear a bikini and laying on the beach dreaming about wat guy/girl i would want to be with. u never kno u could have a lesbian thought if u were born a girl. being able to buy my first thong and bikini and wearing a prom dress and getting looks from guys/girls at prom cuz ur so sexy looking. i woulld have loved to been born female instead of male.

Never thought of that before but hanging out at the lake in the summer wearing a bikini all day and having the boys chasing you would be over the top. I thing I would get called "tramp or slu t" a few times.

TGMarla
06-21-2009, 09:29 AM
High school prom, first dance, first pair of stockings, first high heels, first purse, Easter mornings in a new dress, first grown-up hairstyle.......need I go on? I would have like to have had the whole experience.

immike
06-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Trying on heels was fun in a young boys experience however when nylons were added to the equation, then heaven is attained.
Just would have been great not to hide but to share this experience!
Love,
Helen:)
If there was any girlhood dream I would have,it would be to wear a Dallas Cowboys
Cheerleaders uniform-the works,the blouse,vest,shorts,pantyhose,boots.I love the
look of the uniform&I'd just want to wear it,to see how it feels

TxKimberly
06-21-2009, 12:34 PM
i don't think there is any one specific thing i would point to and say "My life would have been complete had that happened". I'd say that what we missed was just the entire experiance of being a girl. So many little things that come with that. Pig tails, Easter and Sunday school dresses, parties, proms, hair, hanging out with other girls, cheer leading. Sigh . . .
Of course, on the flip side there are many things and indignities that women and girls go through that we are spared. I wont go through them here as it can get a bit messy, but any husband or father of a girl will know some of what i speak of.

Mary Jane1
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I always imagined what it would be like the first time I let a boy take off my bra and play with my boobs. I have such fond memories of the experience (from the opposite perspective)- it was a sunny summer afternoon in the country - I was very impressed.
It was intimate of course, but intimate in a fun playful way, not serious like intercourse or even necking. Just a deep blue sky, soft summer breeze, an open blouse and an amazing appreciation for the feminine beauty I was knowing for the very first time.

I think would be nice to know I was giving that same almost child like wonder & awe that I felt then, to someone else.

Erika_girliegirl
06-21-2009, 02:41 PM
i would have loved that first time i went to buy a thong and bra.. that first time a boy kissed me, second base, and so on:) playing field hockey in a skirt:)

IwishIwasTracy
06-23-2009, 12:32 AM
All great responses. I didn't think so many of us would respond.

Thank you,

Tracy

mindfulperson
06-23-2009, 02:34 AM
i would have loved to try on buy the womens white sweatpants i never had back in high school when i went to the store. I also wished i could wear them to school

cassandra47
06-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Would have to be the whole formal dance thing. Hair, makeup,shoes & gown.
Cassandra

miss_mimi107
06-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Being able to go prom dress shopping with a group of girls. and then getting ready to go with getting my hair done, my pics taken, and getting that corsage.

Oooh, yes.:daydreaming: The corsage. I have always wanted one of those.

On topic: I have always wanted someone to ask ME to the prom!

Oh yes, I forgot to add...slumber parties for damn sure. I always wanted to experience one of those. Maybe one every once in a while.:daydreaming:

Jennifer Marie P.
06-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Going to the senior prom in that special prom dress.

Nerissa
06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Hardly a day goes by where I don't think of what could have been. When I was 6 years old, my older brother and I were ring bearers for my Aunt's wedding. There were no girls in the family and I would have loved being the flower girl. In fact, the first time my brother and I tried on our little suits, I remember my mother saying too bad I wasn't a girl, he would have made a beautiful little flower girl. It was all out of my control of course, but that's one girlhood experience I definitely would have loved to have had.

Nerissa

bumblebee
07-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Disappointed at the people making this sexual. That sort of stuff is why I don't post here more.

As for the question...

Cheerleading, Ballet, Gymnastics are 3 gender specific activities I am bitter I missed out on. Sure guys can do all 3 but the roles are different and more strength based.

VOLLEYBALL...our school didn't have a boys team. I wanted to play volleyball so freakin bad on an organized team. I was awesome at it even though i am short.

Cute dresses obviously. Flower Girl but I doubt I'd have been one because my mom didn't really have many friends and my aunts and uncles were all married by the time I was born.

Getting my period.

The obligatory prom.

I could really go on forever about this.

cdbethany
07-01-2009, 07:20 PM
i have 3 in mind,1st being wearing a gingham check summer dress to school(im trying to find one in adult size at a squeeze i may fit into a chest size 40 dress i found on ebay)
2nd is being either mary or an angel in the school nativity play(the angels were always girls in our school nativity,i was a sheperd or inn keeper)and finally it would have to be the end of year 11 prom(id wear pink with black heels)

love and kisses
bethany xxxxxx

cdbethany
07-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Getting my ears pierced when just a teen.
why couldnt you? i had both ears done when i was 9, most of the lads at my school did but only simple gold or silver studs,i took one out when i was 11 in secondary school as no one else wore 2(well no boys anyway)and let the right one heal over.thinking of reopening it putting fake plugs in when in male mode and cute ones when bethany comes out to play

love and kisses
bethany xxxxxx:battingeyelashes:

Christinedreamer
07-01-2009, 08:17 PM
To the vanilla world, if people read these responses and did not know who posted them, I am certain the assumption would be made that all were made by young GGs.

I find it amazing how intense these wishes, etc. are and how similar. Too bad the non CD friendly world sees Jerry Springer et al or some "crossdressing bank robber" (obviously NOT a true CD)on the news and forms their opinions that we are really weird.

The only dichotomy to these genuine feelings is that we have the wrong physical equipment for these wishes to be accepted as a normal part of growing up into ladies. They are nothing more than wishing to experience the special world of soft. attractive fashions, sharing close friendships where we can be truly open with our friends and being emotionally honest.

It is so sad that testosterone fueled anger or rough edged personalities are the only expected emotions men are supposed to have. If we genuine love kids (in the appropriate way obviously), we are all too often looked at askance or with trepidation. I was asked to play Santa once a couple years ago for an agency that helped with families living with AIDS. I was so thrilled and seeing how the littlest ones reacted to Santa was the best feeling I have ever had. I thought I was channeling Ol' St. Nick himself.

Being a big guy, I have found that little kids seem quite comfortable around me, especially the little ones in the neighborhood when I walk my Rotty.

It just seems so unfair that our true selves and our genuine emotions must all too frequently be cloaked in overtly "masculine guise" when our true personalities are so much deeper.

I guess that is why we all go through such a metamorphosis when we dress. The true masquerade can be set aside.

Just my take on it.

FireFoxAngel
07-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Prom. Spend all day getting hair, make-up, nails, etc. done, buying a glam. dress, heels, and going out dancing for the night!

MsSamanthaErica
07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Slumber parties and dance lessons for sure!

But the formal prom is the best wish I have... the beautiful gown, being fussed over and wearing such gorgeous, flowing clothing... oh my! I once envisioned a 'Reverse Prom' where guys wore the gowns and their dates were in the tuxes! What a time I would have had if that were the case!

Going to the prom... I am so gone
dress up like I want
makes my head spin and tongue pant
to be that gorgeous sight
will carry me every day and night!

Jaclyn NM
07-01-2009, 10:34 PM
My first pair of high heels would have been a thrill!

Lorileah
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Disappointed at the people making this sexual. That sort of stuff is why I don't post here more.

Getting my period.

that's not sexual? Sexuality is what a young woman is all about. It is nature and thus many here would class that as something they missed. Making out in the back seat, seducing (and pretending it wasn't your idea) are all rights of passage. Guess this is just good girls vs. bad girls. Once again the people here cover all areas

Gizmo, Debbie
07-02-2009, 05:34 AM
I think i would have to say the first bra followed by having to get new ones every other month or so due to growth.
Then the discusssion with mum ( and friends to ) about defuzzing legs, to shave or use creams or wax.
The whole girls thing realy.

Claire Cook
07-02-2009, 05:51 AM

Persephone said it all for me. Funny, I've been thinking all week about how much I would have loved going to my HS prom in a long pink dress....

Sarah Renee
07-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I would have liked to have had the opportunity to shop for and wear a prom dress, be a cheerleader, get the presents my sister got, girl talk, be a Girl Scout, and wear make-up.

freeindress
07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Wearing skirts, dresses, colorful clothing
Girls sports (rhythmic/artistic gymnastics, netball)

daviolin
07-03-2009, 01:25 AM
I'd have to say the one experience I would have liked would have been getting my first pair of high heels to wear with "that special dress". Such a grown up feeling for a young teenage girl to have.

That is such a cool young girl experince. I was in a shoe store the other day and a young girl and her mother came in to purchace her first pair of high heel shoes. They were both having so much fun. She picked the cutest peap toe black pumps. I checked after they left, if they had them in my size. They didn't Boo Hoo:tongueoutDaviolin

Marisa_M
07-03-2009, 03:27 AM
For me it would have been talking with my parents about my feminine feelings and desires but I wasn't brave enough.:sad:

Now I'm quite sure my mother would have supported me.

I regret it but now it's too late. :sad::sad:

Dawn Marie
07-03-2009, 04:32 AM
Going through puberty,which entails mood swings,breast development, periods, and just being a girl. NOt to mention the dresses, first heels, and girl bonding.

Stephanie Stephens
07-03-2009, 07:30 AM
I would have liked to have had the opportunity to shop for and wear a prom dress, be a cheerleader, get the presents my sister got, girl talk, be a Girl Scout, and wear make-up.

My mother was a den mother when I was about seven and when she took the girls on a camp-out I had to come along. So, I was a Girl Scout.

il.dso
07-03-2009, 08:02 AM
What a thought-provoking question!
I'd say it would have been wonderful to have my own closet and drawer full of my own clothes and not having to wear my sister's and my mother's clothes.

joannemarie barker
07-03-2009, 12:08 PM
just being mums little princess :)

CutieJulie
07-03-2009, 01:03 PM
for me growing up watching my sister in ballet, tap and some gymnastics classes. i would always watch my sister and go home and practice what i saw... i would have loved to take these classes for myself. Not to mention wearing the cool outfits. shuffle ball step lol

Sarah V
07-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Me too Ms. Kei!! To have had my mother sign me up for taking ballet lessons at our local dance studio with the rest of the young girls my age. :daydreaming:

Sarasometimes
07-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Prom dress shopping. I could skip the prom since i don't like boys but the whole shopping and prepping thing would be neat to do.

SuzanneS
07-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Definitely would have loved to be a girl when I was in school...I almost think it would have been easier for me, maybe. Would have loved to have been a cheerleader(two of my best friends in high school were). Oh, and the proms that I would have loved to have gone to...getting my hair done in an 'updo' and trying to wear the sexiest, prettiest dress. Getting my nails done, everything....Oh well, didn't do it back then, I guess I'm behind, so I'd better get busy!!:D

Suz

kellycan27
07-04-2009, 10:33 PM

Getting my period.

I could really go on forever about this.

maybe you're getting it now............

yvonne10
07-05-2009, 12:47 AM
for me it would be the prom dress and all the girl things

charlene_d
07-05-2009, 01:16 AM
It would be filling out a two-piece bathing suit.

Charlene

joan47
07-05-2009, 05:50 AM
ballet and baton class

Marcie R.
07-05-2009, 06:15 AM
When I was a young boy, I watched my sister getting dressed in her very pretty feminine clothes. All I could think of was, it must be very exciting to dress like that. I watched her with envious eyes as her breasts developed, thinking it must be a wonderful feeling, wearing a bra. I missed these things happening to me when I was young, but now I experience them every day.

MrsDiane
07-05-2009, 06:20 AM
At the age of fourteen I would skip school to dresss in my sisters clothes and go for walks during the day fully dressed as a girl. One very cold November morning I was returing from my walk feeling very cold indeed. As I approached a parking lot directly in my path I could see a man sitting in an idling car watching me. I wondered if I should go up to the the car and ask him if I could just sit inside for a few minutes to warm up. I didn't do that and I often wonder if he would have offered to take me home for a hot cup of cocoa and we would have become sexually involved.

Diane

Kendra (Tx)
07-05-2009, 09:47 AM
With me, hands down would have been the prom...The shopping for the perfect gown...having my hair done, my nails and the preparation of the day...Culminating in hearing the doorbell ring and seeing my date there to pick me up...And of course the wrist corsage an all the pictures mom would have taken of my date and I.. ( And we'll leave the "after the prom" up to the imagination..:o )

http://kendra954.com

miss teena
07-05-2009, 01:33 PM
There are so many:

Shopping for my first bra
Being a cheerleader
Taking ballet classes like my sister did
Going to prom and shopping for a dress
Having girlfriends to hang out with.

Staceygurl
07-05-2009, 04:59 PM
For me I think it would have to be all the firsts: first bra. And, having my Mom take me to the store to get it and try it on. First school dance which would have required getting a nice dress. At the dance my first kiss followed by my first hickey, etc. I think I would have really enjoyed these things at an earlier age.

Lainie
07-05-2009, 05:11 PM
cooking, shopping, chatting.

TJ Tresa
07-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I have always been envious of girls. I would have loved to have been able to play with dolls and not be made fun of, to have a new Easter dress, my first bra, and yes like so many others to have that bra snapped. I wonder what it would have been like to have my first period, the slumber parties , etc.

Sylvermane
07-06-2009, 12:29 AM
first prom, having girlfriends i can actually talk to. <-- is one thing guys don't or very very very rarely have :sad:

brittdoll
07-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Getting ready for Prom for me - I hated having to wear the annoying tux and be all buttoned up, wearing a tie, on a warm spring night. I would have loved to have been the one wearing the formal dress, stockings, and matching lingerie.

sometimes_miss
07-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I took a long ride yesterday, and stopped at a scenic overlook, pulled out a lawn chair, and just sat, drank a few sodas, and though about this subject because there was a family with two young daughters nearby, being scolded by their mom for playing in the grass in their dresses.

I grew up watching girls around me go through their lives, wondering what it would be like for me when my turn came. Observing my sister, learning how to do all kinds of things with her hair, then going into a panic one day when her hairdresser cut it a couple inches too short. Watching her spending days upon days learning to twirl a baton, in hopes of making the majorette team. I sat quietly when mom took us to the store, and had my sister try on dress after dress until they found one that they liked. Then going to our relatives houses for holidays, and watching as they took pictures of the girls, ignoring the boys. I watched from a distance as she often tried on many outfits before choosing one to wear, laying them out on her bed one at a time, then side by side trying to choose. I remember watching her learn to walk in heels. I played by myself in my own room, when they had slumber parties, running around the house having fun. I pretended to watch TV in an adjacent room, while secretly listening to her and her friends talking about make up, clothes, hair, boys, other girls, school, and on and on. I watched my sister's best friend practice to be a cheerleader, and even though my sister wasn't trying out herself, both she and her other friend learned the routines and helped the girl who was trying out. Having them join my family one year on vacation, seeing how beautiful she looked in a bathing suit, wanting to look like that myself someday (some feelings never go away, do then?). I watched my high school aged neighbor girl chatting on the phone with her friends from my back yard, and I clandestinely spied on her from my bedroom window when her boyfriends brought her home after dates. I watched her get engaged, then married, then get pregnant, and raise her babies.

All these things, and more, I thought that I would eventually experience. And never did.

Lauren Richards
07-07-2009, 03:51 AM
I think of all the young girl experiences I would have liked to have had, the one which matters most would have been to be able to be that girl my Mom wanted me to be. After three sons, I know she wanted me to be a girl. I did more cooking with her, learned to iron, and accompanied her when she went shopping more than my older brothers, all the while being "all boy." Well, not quite "all" boy as I truly enjoyed wearing her clothes (secretly) from an early age. She passed away quite a while ago, but I still often think that when I put on a pair of panties, I am a little closer to that girl/woman she wanted me to be, and a little closer to her.

Lauren

Claire Cook
07-07-2009, 04:56 AM
I think of all the young girl experiences I would have liked to have had, the one which matters most would have been to be able to be that girl my Mom wanted me to be. After three sons, I know she wanted me to be a girl. I did more cooking with her, learned to iron, and accompanied her when she went shopping more than my older brothers, all the while being "all boy." Well, not quite "all" boy as I truly enjoyed wearing her clothes (secretly) from an early age. She passed away quite a while ago, but I still often think that when I put on a pair of panties, I am a little closer to that girl/woman she wanted me to be, and a little closer to her.

Lauren

Lauren has touched me with this post. I wish my Mom could have known how much I wanted to be her daughter. I think of her everytime I wear her jewelery. I wonder how many of you feel the same.

KaTrina_LaNegrita
07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
The shopping, the sleepovers..I did it. But I always wanted to wear plaid skirts when I was younger and I was never able to lol, But "now"..I can do it and be proud.

bumblebee
07-09-2009, 11:18 PM
that's not sexual? Sexuality is what a young woman is all about. It is nature and thus many here would class that as something they missed. Making out in the back seat, seducing (and pretending it wasn't your idea) are all rights of passage. Guess this is just good girls vs. bad girls. Once again the people here cover all areas

WHAT?

A period is a natural body function. It's a unique experience females have that men don't. It's a fact of life, and just because it's apart of the reproductive system doesn't make it a sick sexual fetish of being a "girl with a reputation" or doing the football team or all that other crap. That is the type of crap that gives most of us a bad name. Your automatic thinking of a period as sexual is downright scary.

And you can do all that stuff as a boy anyways. I've done the "seducing while pretending it wasn't my idea" thing before. I've made out in cars. Maybe you've dated the wrong people.

I think the real issue is peoples narrow view of gender and sexuality. Thus leads to the sad part of making girlhood into a giant sexual fetish. Your reply of thinking period = sexual is proof of that.

Stormgirl
07-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Lets see

growing boobs
first "time of the month"
just the usual feelings of puberty that females go though?
first kiss

leotard fan
07-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Getting my period, my first bra, my ballet and gym lessons...

Lorileah
07-10-2009, 11:12 AM
WHAT?

A period is a natural body function. It's a unique experience females have that men don't. It's a fact of life, and just because it's apart of the reproductive system doesn't make it a sick sexual fetish of being a "girl with a reputation" or doing the football team or all that other crap. That is the type of crap that gives most of us a bad name. Your automatic thinking of a period as sexual is downright scary.

And you can do all that stuff as a boy anyways. I've done the "seducing while pretending it wasn't my idea" thing before. I've made out in cars. Maybe you've dated the wrong people.

I think the real issue is peoples narrow view of gender and sexuality. Thus leads to the sad part of making girlhood into a giant sexual fetish. Your reply of thinking period = sexual is proof of that.

Have to disagree. Having sex is also a natural function of being a woman and you don't have sex (at least normally) until after puberty and the period, so the two are related.

And if we are going to argue "You can do that anyway" joining a gymnastics class (yes they will let you do the uneven bars and balance beam when you are male you just don't compete on that level) and Ballet (been there done that wore the tights) and cheers can all be done in male mode. Did the volleyball thing long before it was considered in most parts of the US as manly, did field hockey, twirled baton. You saying that what some people consider 'part of being a girl' as being a sick fetish is just as closed minded as you think they are. If it bothers you that some here find that sexuality IS a major part of being a girl, you probably should not read the posts that bother you.

Becci
07-11-2009, 07:39 PM
just wearing the school uniform would been enough for me the tight skirt with tny girly panties and bra and bobby sox with my hair in pigtails xx

Karen Beth
07-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Good grief, I would've loved them all.
Making my First Communion in a pretty dress with white anklets, party dresses, my first bra, my first pair of big girl stockings, school uniforms, and prom dresses.
Maybe being a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding.
I just don't know where to stop!

kayesimone
07-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I like what you said Lauren...my mom passed away when i was in 7th grade and found out later that she saw me as her little girl. I already had 2 older brothers, real boy kinda boys. but my memories of mom were us cooking and cleaning and shopping...writing poetry talking about feelings and playing with my hair. ( she let me grow my hair really long and wavy). I was lucky enough to have a "boyfriend" for 8th and 9th grade who thought it fun to hang out downtown with me and find places to stash clothes so i could dress up.
As far as what i missed most was actually seeing my breasts develope and hips fill out.

love heels
07-11-2009, 08:33 PM
The whole thing good and bad wish i had been born a girl and had a life to remember!:sad:
Katie x.

gailgirl9
07-12-2009, 01:14 AM
being a cheerleader

Mya Summers
07-12-2009, 03:51 AM
for me it would have to be cheerleading and prom. Prom is a passage from girl to young lady in my book. My mom always said you should have been born a girl with the way you cry all the time when I was little. But little does she know that I dress as one, she ask's me but I deny it.