PDA

View Full Version : Wanting To Come Out

CuriousCurious
06-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi. I'm a new member. I've been a closet crossdresser for about three years. For me, it started after I put on a pair of my ex-girlfriends silk panties. Actually, it wasn't the first time. There were two other times many years ago when I was young bout 12 with my sisters clothing but this was the first time as an adult. Anyways, I know wearing other girls clothes and not your own is a no-no but ever since that moment, I'll honestly say I've loved it. I love the feel. I love being in skirts. I love being in heels. I'm not sure what I'm really saying here other than I want to start exiting the closet and heading out for some fun as a girl. I've tried twice. I went on Criagslist, posted an ad, got a reply from a beauty shop girl, meet her at her house but when the day came, I ended up chickening out. It happened another time under different circumstances. I want to do this. I know I do. I feel it. So why do I still feel guilty? Why is it when I want to move slighty out with this do I always go back into the closet and shut the door? I mean, sometimes I can't even looking at girls without first looking at what they are wearing and think, "I'd love to be in her outfit. I really love those heels she is wearing. I love her legs. I wish mine were as smooth as hers." So I guess my question is this - How did you girls move from the closet to the living room? Was it hard for you to move from keeping it too yourself to trying to make friends and not feel guilty about what you were doing or scared in a sense they were going to look down on you? Sorry this is sorta long and I hope this was written in the correct format. To top it off, I live in LV. The town of who gives a rats bottom. Any advise?

Shikyo
06-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Going out is hard because of the mental "problem" it causes. The first time will be very hard on your nerves, because you think everyone knows, everyone's laughing at you. The truth is, most people won't even care if you just walk outside in the cloths you want.

First mistake you'll probably make is to think is the longer looks from people. Myself, I was totally freaked out by those in the beginning. However, never even once I saw anyone who actually even laughed at me once, no matter what I was wearing. All the people were nice and polite to me, no matter where I went.

I'd also recommend you to get a friend, preferably a girl, who could go walking outside with you. When you walk alone you'll be getting more looks than if you walk with someone else.

If a friend is not possible and you indeed have to go outside alone you should try to get used to be in femme mode in public places. Depending where you live and other factors, but a good way for this might be just go get your mail in femme cloths in the morning. Make short trips around the block in femme cloths. This will become harder if you don't want your neighbors to know about your other side. In that case taking the cloths with you and going somewhere further might be a good possibility.

Most important of all, be yourself. Try to act like you'd normally act. Don't try to become something you aren't or you aren't even comfortable with. Become comfortable with yourself before you venture out to the public. The better you cope with your own self, the easier it'll be outside. People will be looking at you and you have to understand that and accept it. There is no way no one would pay attention to you when you walk outside. Understanding what is going to happen when you go outside is a good way to prepare for it. Also in the beginning you really should just make short trips for as long as you feel comfortable with. Don't try to over do it as you have all time in the world to accomplish your goals.

LisaM
06-09-2009, 08:34 AM
I remember first going out to a local TG/CD group meeting. They are generally held in safe places in most major towns. Before going to the meeting I bought some clothes that I thought would fit (really it is trial by error in getting the right fit) and going to a local makeover store/vendor.

Look at this web site for ideas on what to do in Las Vegas----
http://geekbabe.com/dlv/

It is from a major conference that occurs in Las Vegas every year called Diva Las Vegas. It would be a good place to start but it just occurred so you will have to wait until next year. But there are wonderful links there for what to do locally.

Also try this web site---
http://jadephoenix.org/lvtgw/index.htm

It is a site by a Las Vegas crossdresser support group.

Studio lites is a store that could help you with wigs and clothing and maybe a makeover. Here is ther web site-----
http://studiolites.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=7

Nora
06-09-2009, 09:43 AM
HI Curious:
I also live in Las Vegas and am active in the local CD community and in the Diva Las Vegas event just held last month.

Like you, when I started out I was petrified. I wanted to get out of the bedroom, go out and meet others. I hid this for years until I couldn't hide it any longer.

There is help available.

I am a member and in charge of outreach for our local Tri-Ess chapter ( www.triesslasvegas.com ). We specialize in helping those who are tired of hiding. Please look over our website.

If and when you are ready to take the next move don't hesitate to contact me.

In the meantime if you have any questions or would like more information about crossdressing I will be glad to help.

Remember, we have all gone through this period of nervousness and fear. Once you see what is out there you will be glad and you will see for yourself that you are not alone.

I would love to hear from you.

Nora

Hi. I'm a new member. I've been a closet crossdresser for about three years. For me, it started after I put on a pair of my ex-girlfriends silk panties. Actually, it wasn't the first time. There were two other times many years ago when I was young bout 12 with my sisters clothing but this was the first time as an adult. Anyways, I know wearing other girls clothes and not your own is a no-no but ever since that moment, I'll honestly say I've loved it. I love the feel. I love being in skirts. I love being in heels. I'm not sure what I'm really saying here other than I want to start exiting the closet and heading out for some fun as a girl. I've tried twice. I went on Criagslist, posted an ad, got a reply from a beauty shop girl, meet her at her house but when the day came, I ended up chickening out. It happened another time under different circumstances. I want to do this. I know I do. I feel it. So why do I still feel guilty? Why is it when I want to move slighty out with this do I always go back into the closet and shut the door? I mean, sometimes I can't even looking at girls without first looking at what they are wearing and think, "I'd love to be in her outfit. I really love those heels she is wearing. I love her legs. I wish mine were as smooth as hers." So I guess my question is this - How did you girls move from the closet to the living room? Was it hard for you to move from keeping it too yourself to trying to make friends and not feel guilty about what you were doing or scared in a sense they were going to look down on you? Sorry this is sorta long and I hope this was written in the correct format. To top it off, I live in LV. The town of who gives a rats bottom. Any advise?

Christina Horton
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Hay Curious , Form what I have read most not all but most of us have been wanting to dress since childhood. Your being a full grown adult well that will be harder. So don't get frustrated if it takes a while. We can take 10 , 20 ,30 50, years to walk out of the closet. If you can do it only after a few years, then your braver then me. I did not start dressing out in public until last year ans That was when I was 38.

Oh if you have a SO (significant other) You

1) should not wear her clothes
2) might want to tell them
Just remember that your SO want a man not a women and there could be trouble there. But honesty is best but your the only one who can judge your SO.

the advice your going to get may over whelm you but take it as fast or as slow as you need to. Have fun , If you want to read about My first time just click the link I have posted and read all the other girls first time out. It should give you a major drive to do it. Just get yourself a good wig and someone Like a M.A.C.store for a full make over when you get a wig and breast forms.
Or like said above contact the lady Nora and I a sure She can get you out in record time. LOL.

Hears the link to my first thread.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91079

Shikyo
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
1) should not wear her clothes

There's nothing wrong with wearing her clothes, if she has not problem with it. Doing it behind her back is a total different matter and not acceptable. Just remember to ask if you want to wear her clothes as you do not want other people using your clothes without permission, do you?

Jessica Who
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I am finding that your first steps will not be easy but they will be extremely rewarding. No amount of pondering or reading can truly prepare you, but when you finally go out and show yourself, things can truly improve for you :)

Miranda09
06-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I know exactly how you're feeling. It's really scary taking that first step. Best thing is to get together with others in your area, then plan an outing in Las Vegas (now there's THE place to be for this). You can get a motel room, get ready there and head out if you dont want anyone seeing you dressed up in your neighborhood. Remember, you're not alone. Have fun. :)

charlie
06-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Hello CuriousCurious!
Welcome to the forum. I hope that you get as much out of this site as I have! The answers you get here should help you feel better about yourself as you discover that others are just like you and navigate the TG world happily. As for going out, go to a gay bar or nightclub in Las Vegas that welcomes TG people. Dress your best, pull on your wig and be the best girl you can be. Screw up your courage and drive to the venue. The toughest part will be turning the handle on your door and actually getting out. DO IT. Don't drive off. When you go inside, paste a smile on your nervous face and get a drink and a place to sit. The bartender will call you "sweety" or "honey" and turn to the next customer. Sit down and watch the passing scene. You will get nods, hellos and eventually someone will sit next to you. Talk to them. Walk around, check the place out. After a few minutes you will see that you are accepted, treated as a girl and you are out of your closet cage. Take a trip to the Ladies Room. Enjoy! It is the beginning of going out and about.

Sarah Doepner
06-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Trust Nora. I've known her for several years and she has yet to steer anyone in the wrong direction.

trannie T
06-09-2009, 04:25 PM
There are few things in life as frightening as going out for the first time.
There are few things in life as fun as going out fro the first time.

Carly D.
06-09-2009, 06:17 PM
This reads like one of my entries.. I know how you feel.. I'm still in the closet but I have been out to places way late at night, controlled outings as it were.. my advise would be to just do that baby steps thing everyone talks about.. for me it is extremely hard to go out because of that guilt thing that you talked about.. I've been in the closet since the beginning some more than thirty plus years and it is hard to change that feeling of "I'm doing something wrong here".. and the feeling of being a pervert or something just is really hard to change as well.. there are times when I get very bold and brave and try something that seems way out there but I am at last just impressing myself and don't think anyone here would think twice about that accomplishment.. but it is a medal on my letter jacket (as it were) for the CD club.. would I have lettered with my outings?? not a chance.. anyway like I have said elsewhere, choose what you want to do.. do what you are comfortable with.. you will impress your self more than anyone here because you have to live with it.. or something like that.. sounds good.. press submit reply..

Nora
06-10-2009, 10:14 AM
HI Curious:

Unfortunately there is no link to for me send you an email or private message on your profile.

You can contact me by writing to noracdlv@yahoo.com or to click my name on top of my picture to the left. There will be instructions as to how to privately contact me.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Our next meeting is this coming Saturday night. Hopefully we can talk before then.

Nora

I hope this is the way to contact you. I'll press quick reply and find out. One sec....

Hello. It's me. Still hoping I'm responding correctly. First times on here. Yes!!!! I want to talk with you. How do I do that? I'm not sure how to personally respond to anything you send. Can't figure it out. OH dang it! ;-)[/quote]