PDA

View Full Version : Keli's moment

Teri Jean
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
For some time I have been trying to grow my nails but the ruff work habits tear them up. You see they are thin and weak. So last Thursday I contacted a salon in town (which is owned and opperated but my sister-in-law/brothers wife's sister) and set up an appointment to have my nails don and waxing my eye brows. An hour and half later I walked out feeling so great.

The manicurest I had was a young thing that was surprised to see her next client was a guy she couldn't cover her reaction.:eek: Anyway after she started the prep work she indicated that I should possibly go a different route and go with the gel overlay instead of the acrylic tips. We talked and enjoyed the time together, I was her first to ask for acrylics/gels. Anyway she said she wanted to see how they held up to my work load and to do a fill at three weeks.:battingeyelashes:

Then it was off to another gal for my eye brow waxing. She checked out where I was at and asked what I was thinking I wanted done. I said I wanted them more feminine and she did a great job. After I paid the bill plus 20%, I floated out the door. :D:love:

Sometimes a girl needs to pamper themselves like today. :heehee:

Keli

sissystephanie
06-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Keli, congratulations on taking that big step! I get a manicure and pedicure every two weeks and have done so for years. My late wife got me started when I was having a problem with splitting nails. I wear full acrylics, about 1/4 inch longer than my fingers, and they are always a nice pale pink! As a matter of feact, tomorrow I will be going to the salon as usual! Two lovely Vietnamese young ladies take care of me, with one doing my toes and the other my fingers. The one who does my fingers also does my eyebrows about every third visit. BTW, although I don't try to pass (very bad at makeup and fixing my wig), I do go to the salon dresses totally feminine. Sometimes wearing a skirt, but always panties, bra and a tight top that shows off my cleavage. And I do chat with the other customers at times! Some of them have even complimented me on my "cute" outfits!:love:

:hugs::hugs: