PDA

View Full Version : Girly Day - Too excited to wait!

Kathi Lake
06-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I wanted to post this after the fact, but am too excited today. I've been singing "I get to be a girrrrrrrl tomorrow" under my breath all day. My admin asked me why I'm smiling today all of a sudden. :)

Work has been stressful lately - long hours, catching up on e-mail with my China team at all hours of the night, no lunches (good for my figure, bad for my attitude). When your product is behind the curve and the higher-ups are demanding the impossible (can't you release this software on a certain date?), stress happens. Arrgh! What to do to destress? Why, have a girly day, of course!

I plan on going casual - my new khakis and a cute top. My plan is to go to my friendly neighborhood Ulta store to try a new foundation (Smashbox Full Coverage) to see if I can get away from DermaBlend. My friend won't stop with just the foundation though. She'll do my whole face since, according to her, it is a fun way to flex her "cosmetology muscles." After that, I plan to get a manicure as I've let my nails grow out pretty long. Even my 9 year old daughter is saying "cut your nails, Daddy!" Then, I'll spend a leisurely day (and most likely not a few dollars) shopping. I need a nice crisp white blouse (probably Talbots), and some cute tops (WH/BM or Wet Seal). Who knows what I'll find? All I know is that I am going to have a LOT of fun tomorrow in Salt Lake!

I will, of course, do a full writeup tomorrow night.

Kathi

Alice B
06-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Will look forward to the post. And pictures of new clothes.

PheonaP
06-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Way to go Kathi, have a gorgeous girly day. :hugs:
WIll wait patiently for the write up AND the pictures.

StacyCD
06-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Girly days are great! I worked at home today and most of the day I've been dressed (no makeup) other than a smile on my face!

Leslie Mary S
06-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I NEVER have a Girly day. Instead I have lady days. Guess I am still too struck at the inhibition barrier. But my daughter is working on me.
I am still the friendly neighborhood Auntie in both actions and looks.
Ah that is me on the right.

Miranda09
06-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Have a great time Kathi and be sure you let us know EVERYTHING!!! :)

denise-x
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
What a beautiful way to relax:hugs:

"Mary"
06-10-2009, 09:25 PM
You go girl! I always liked saying that. I have some loose tentative plans for tomorrow but nothing that cool.

Kathi Lake
06-10-2009, 09:38 PM
You go girl! I always liked saying that. I have some loose tentative plans for tomorrow but nothing that cool.Make some plans then, girl! Life is too short to let opportunities pass us by. Grab life by the, . . . uhhh, . . . you know :) and live it up a bit!

Kathi

Dressing Jill
06-10-2009, 09:46 PM
OMG I wish I was there to see the sparks fly.... Have fun. I look forward to your next post. LOL......

Sarasometimes
06-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Sounds like a fine way to spend your day, enjoy. I look forward to your report, please include your polish choice. Ulta is nice to us so it is good to hear you are stopping by there. have fun, Sara!

I wanted to post this after the fact, but am too excited today. I've been singing "I get to be a girrrrrrrl tomorrow" under my breath all day. My admin asked me why I'm smiling today all of a sudden. :)

Work has been stressful lately - long hours, catching up on e-mail with my China team at all hours of the night, no lunches (good for my figure, bad for my attitude). When your product is behind the curve and the higher-ups are demanding the impossible (can't you release this software on a certain date?), stress happens. Arrgh! What to do to destress? Why, have a girly day, of course!

I plan on going casual - my new khakis and a cute top. My plan is to go to my friendly neighborhood Ulta store to try a new foundation (Smashbox Full Coverage) to see if I can get away from DermaBlend. My friend won't stop with just the foundation though. She'll do my whole face since, according to her, it is a fun way to flex her "cosmetology muscles." After that, I plan to get a manicure as I've let my nails grow out pretty long. Even my 9 year old daughter is saying "cut your nails, Daddy!" Then, I'll spend a leisurely day (and most likely not a few dollars) shopping. I need a nice crisp white blouse (probably Talbots), and some cute tops (WH/BM or Wet Seal). Who knows what I'll find? All I know is that I am going to have a LOT of fun tomorrow in Salt Lake!

I will, of course, do a full writeup tomorrow night.

Kathi

Charla McBee
06-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm finally using my last chance to be completely en femme tonight after a week of trying to work up the courage to shop. I was starting to lose my mind not having any clothes or shoes of my own. It's a shame that I wasted three of my four days with the house to myself but right now things are great. It's been far too long.

Enjoy your girly time, I know I am loving every minute of mine.

Lori Robins
06-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Me too Kathi, I have a big shopping day planned and my wife is freaking out lol!!! (she worries about the losers out there doing something to me). I am looking for a black blouse as I have a nice crisp white one, some new foundation and anything else that takes my fancy. Like you said it is a good stress relief. Don't spend too much :daydreaming: