PDA

View Full Version : So happy, my Dr. has my prescriptions in the mail and

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I should be on hormones by the end of this week. Had a long 1 1/2 months from my initial physical, blood test's, and diagnostic tests for male type issues (PSA, Biopsy etc) but I'm cancer free and was cleared for the hormones. Cannot wait I am so excited now.

Used the excuse of my biopsy results to tell my uncle that I'm transsexual and to tell him I will be starting Hormones. He was accepting of my transsexuality so overall the last couple of days have been very good. My last family member will be hardest to tell, he's my older brother. Then it's on to transitioning officially at work. I'm so excited... :battingeyelashes:

Dita_B
06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Good for you, Kimberly, my congratulations!

I am on hormones since April 28 of this year and I totally understand your excitement!

Keep us up to date of your developments and thanks for sharing!

BTW: If you are interested: there is a "translog" available on the following website, you can just download it and keep an accurate track of your measurements:

http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/resources/translog/default.asp

I have found it very helpful...

:hugs:
:love:
Dita.

Kaitlyn Michele
06-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm very happy for you Kim!! I know how you've been waiting and I'm especially happy you got a clean bill of health~!!!!!!

Patricia1
06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
That's really good news Kim. I'm very excited for you. Keep us posted on your progress & stay well.

Super Amanda
06-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Awesome, congrats! I'm very happy for you! Hopefully I will be right behind you! It's sooo cool that some of us are at a similar point, hormones wise anyhow.

I eagerly await all info you ladies are providing, and I'll be sure to document my own experiences as they happen!

MJ
06-11-2009, 02:30 PM
congratulations kim :love:

Sheila
06-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Congrats hun :hugs:

Heatherx75
06-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Yay for you, Kim! :):hugs:

Suzy Harrison
06-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Congratulations - it's a wonderful feeling once you start - the beginning of a wonderful journey

Staciej
06-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Gratz on hrt and keep in touch.... Don't feal weird about using medical illness for trans excuse. I use my Ms as excuse to my family also. Works go with it. hehe

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-12-2009, 11:02 PM
What a Joy, now I go to the Drugstore tomorrow and get them filled. Now I, a rascally rabbit will go down the rabbit hole to emerge a better more womanly rabbit. :battingeyelashes:

morgan51
06-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Congratulations Kimberly!!!! I am also going to the doctor tuesday to start legally. I have been unsupervised for a year previous and then stopped for 6 months to see a councilor and jump thru all the hoops to keep everyone happy. I was /am just fine with it but I do like the idea of close medical monitoring, my gp was really negative about unprescribed hormones. It feels good to be doing it the right way now. I also went to my first laser treatment this week ouch!