PDA

View Full Version : Getting braver...

BethCD
06-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi ladies, Today the planets lined up just right right......I was off work, in the mood, neighbors on both sides and across the street were not home, so I dressed allllll the way. New skirt I bought at Meijer ( a first for me), pretty floral top, makeup ,wig, everything and just went out the door to my yard, wandered around garage and yard. Watered some plants, in and out of the house a few times.Never did this in daylight at home before.......... Was exhilarating and "just felt right" mostly.
I know not much by most standards, but a new plateau for me.
Thanks for listening, just had to
tell someone....:):battingeyelashes::D

Beth

Christina Horton
06-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I hope you had sun block on. The closet is very dark and the out side is bright. So you need to tan slowly so's you don't burn. You take a trip out side , in the day light! That's one big step.
Congrats Hun. Next thing you know you'll be wrting about you first outing ,shopping,clubbing,e,t,c! It will come soon enough Hun. Just think of all the wonderfull things your going to be able to do now with your new CD wings. After you smelled fresh air and not the stuffy air. Way to to girl. Your next outings will get better and better.

Persephone
06-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I know not much by most standards, but a new plateau for me.
Thanks for listening, just had to
tell someone....:):battingeyelashes::D

Beth

Congratulations, Beth! It sounds like you had a fun day!

There are no "standards," a big step for you is a big step!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Charla McBee
06-11-2009, 01:52 AM
I find that this site can do wonders for your courage to do the things you were always too afraid to try. I'm wearing an amazing pair of shoes right now because the people here convinced me that I could get away with just going to a store and buying them.

Super Amanda
06-11-2009, 02:07 AM
You go, girl! When things go like that, and you feel "right", doesn't that make you wonder what the big deal is? I mean, if this kind of thing can mean so much to us, how could any compassionate, rational person say its wrong? They can't, because it's not!

I find that this site can do wonders for your courage to do the things you were always too afraid to try. I'm wearing an amazing pair of shoes right now because the people here convinced me that I could get away with just going to a store and buying them.

I love when I see people getting comfy with themselves, It's like I get to share your happiness! :)

karynspanties
06-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Be careful. I went out on my patio in my robe, panties, full slip and painted toe nails. The neighbors on either side we're not home and it was early in the morning. But the guy two doors down was home. He saw me and my slip.....quietly walked over and before I new it, he was saying "Good morning" and standing on my patio. Me? I never heard him or saw him. I was having my coffee and eading a magazine. Well, there he was standing there and there I was with my robe open. He saw the toe nails and slip. Fortunatley, he was very cool with it. I asked if he wanted to sit, which he did. He liked what he saw. We are pretty good friends now. But this could have went very badly. So you need to weigh the options of what could happen if you are seen.

lesley jay
06-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Sounds like you had a great time Beth,did any of the neighbours spot you?i wish i could be a little braver when on my own,i just went to go and buy a blouse, i knew exactly where it was in the shop so i walked in all confident but because there were people standing looking at the same blouses i got all nervous and walked out of the shop with nothing,shit i hate it when that happens.well done on venturing out into the garden,hope u had a blast girl.

Billijo49504
06-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi Beth, Just remember that everyone started the same. We all had to make that first step out the door. I'd hate to think of how many times I grabed the door knob, and backed out. Congrads on making it out the door and into the yard, that is a giant step. Have fun and keep going....BJ

Kathi Lake
06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Yayyyyyy Beth!

You've taken the first step into realizing just who you are. Enjoy it, and keep taking longer and longer steps. You'll love it!

Kathi

TGMarla
06-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Actually, dear, that's a lot by most standards. Remember, most of us aren't out running around en femme all the time. For the great majority of us, it's an indoor activity almost exclusively, whether it's in a hotel room or in our own homes. Sure, the "out and about" crowd stands out more than most, but they are a very outgoing and vocal minority. So here's to you, dear! I'm so glad you had an enjoyable time just being en femme around the house for a while!

Jessica Who
06-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Congratulations on your growing courage, hope this leads to more outings :)

"Mary"
06-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Way to go Beth. I know how exciting these firsts are, since mine were pretty recent. Good for you.

Lorileah
06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Yay! Beth! Your comfort level has risen. Who knows what is next? The world is a whole new place for you now. Even the flowers you watered will be brighter and happier

Miranda09
06-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Way to go Beth. Keep that up and you'll soon be venturing farther and farther from the security of your home. :) Feels great doesn't it? :D

RobertaM
06-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Excellent Beth Outstanding, One small step for CD, One giant leap for Beth.

TSchapes
06-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey Michigan girl, we got to get you out and about! Maybe when my health is back (I'm hobbling from foot surgery) we could get you to go out to a club!

-Tracy

Tanya C
06-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Good for you Beth. Spending time in your garden while dressed is a spiritual experience.

Congratulations,

Tanya

vivianann
06-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Congrats on your first time out of the house, your first step out is the greatest, its a whole new world for you now, we all look forward to hearing more about any future public adventures.

Brenda456
06-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Cool. A few weeks ago I was on a cruise. Was feeling brave and went on the balcony in a little sun dress. All was well until I noticed some guy on another balcony look up in my direction. He had a funny look on his face. I smiled and just enjoyed the view off the horizon. (And prayed I didn't run into him on the ship!)

Chrissie P
06-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Go Beth !!!

Just go about your business as you normally would and few will notice. It sure sounds like you handled your situation in a lady like manner !! Since you had the poise to talk to your neighbor like that you are ahead of the game. Invite him for coffee next ?? :D

Last week I was traveling and I realized I had no creamer for my coffee, so at 7 AM, dressed in a skirt, cardigan and heels I went down to the lobby to get some and while rounding a corner in the hallway I ran smack into a man in the lobby. We both said "excuse me" and kept going. He had no idea.

Just keep your lady like cool.

BethCD
06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey girls, Thanks for all the kind words!! :love:
It's this kind of support that made my venture possible!
Isn't this place fantastic?

Beth

SandieAE
06-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I wore my high heels while dressed in drab mode today. I had to walk across the parking lot and went into the Payless shoe store and chatted with the sales associate while trying on various ladies shoes. The associate was very friendly and didn't bat an eye when I took off my heels and tried on various shoes. She told me what shoes looked good on me and suggested various different styles that I might like. I ended up buying 2 pairs, got a 50% discount and also a coupon for $4.00 off the next time. This lady was fabulous and made me feel right at ease. I got my Father's Day present a week early.

I will definitely be back to buy more shoes!

Sandie

gennee
06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Way to go, Beth.

Gennee
:Party2:

Kaz
06-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Beth, some us stay at home, some of us do it in hotel rooms, but going out is a major thing! Doesn't it feel good?

There are stages to this, and I hope you explore them as they fit... being on your own at home on the patio/in the garden, walking on your own away from home, being close to others but not so close you are in contact, then the close contact stuff.

I guess we all figure out where our comfort zones end. I am not sure about mine... I am in the "ventured close" arena with a few accidental up close encounters... Do I want the next step? I think so... but if it doesn't work am I happy with where I am - hell, yes!

Thinking of you...

Kaz xx