PDA

View Full Version : Making your car more girly

Lori31
06-11-2009, 07:47 PM
For those that drive I was wondering if you have done anything to make your car more girly? And if so, any reactions to it?

When you see a girl driving they usually have a leigh or cherries or something hanging from the rear view mirror. Or they might have a girly cd in the glove box for example.

For me I would like to hang something girly but I don't. I just have a regular I do have a few girly cd's that i bring along on occasion. I like to play Britney Spears or Shania Twain and sing along when i'm driving alone. I do have a few unmarked burnt cd's of girl music mixed in with my regular burnt cd's.

What about you?

joann07
06-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I really don't do much to my car (2005 Mustang GT) because it's pretty much a chic's car. ;)
It's so cool when I'm driving around and I get the checkout looks and an occasional friendly honk. :heehee:

Hugs!

Leslie Langford
06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Well, let's see now...

You could always:

- scatter about a few issues of Vogue, Vanity Eair, Glamour, Elle, and Cosmo in your back seat.

- keep a spare package of pantyhose and some hand cream in your glove compartment.

- have some used tissues in your litter basket with lipstick smudges on them.

- keep a pair of "sensible" shoes, Keds, or ballet flats in the back seat in case your feet are killing you from walking in your stilettos and you need some relief.

- make sure you have no change in your change holder so you can always bum quarters from someone else if you're stuck for highway tolls or need to feed a parking meter.

- keep a nail file handy and within easy reach in the event of a chipped nail crisis

- always have at least four pairs of sunglasses and three umbrellas in your car at any given time in case you accidentally misplace any of them.

- and the ultimate - repaint your car in the patented "Mary Kay" hot pink :D.

MissConstrued
06-11-2009, 09:02 PM
My car got rear-ended once.... :eek:

kellycan27
06-11-2009, 09:07 PM
just once or repeatedly?

kaitlin
06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
I really don't do much to my car (2005 Mustang GT) because it's pretty much a chic's car. ;)
It's so cool when I'm driving around and I get the checkout looks and an occasional friendly honk. :heehee:

Hugs!It's no wonder why I drive a big 4X4 truck.....so I look down and see super hot girls like you!:daydreaming:

Helen H. Heels
06-11-2009, 09:27 PM
I would love to drive this vehicle!!
Do you think anyone will notice at the drive through?
Love,
Helen

Tanya C
06-11-2009, 10:08 PM
The most girly thing about my car is it's driver.

Tanya

jazmine
06-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Absolutely not! Cars are a whole other world for me. In my mind,they should be mean and aggressive. I have not ,ONE girly thing on my vehicles. My wife has Hello Kitty seat covers in one of her cars, and it drives me nutty. I love Hello Kitty n' all, just not ON cars.

Crazy, I know.

joann07
06-11-2009, 10:40 PM
It's no wonder why I drive a big 4X4 truck.....so I look down and see super hot girls like you!:daydreaming:

I thought I heard a horn from a 4X4 riding on 40's the other day.
That's when I realized my skirt was riding up pretty high! :eek:
I knew it!! :heehee:

Hugs!

5150 Girl
06-11-2009, 10:51 PM

I have a Fox Body Mustang. ('91)

Christina Horton
06-11-2009, 10:54 PM
my 1980 Corvette is not a girly car. I have been looking for a second car ;) dressed ofcourse. I will either find one that can come in pink or get it painted pink. It will be all girly. And be able to take more then one other person. And a trunk , for shopping.

joann07
06-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I have a Fox Body Mustang. ('91)

Ohh. I love those old Fox bodies. I like them better than the SN95s.
What kind is it? LX, GT 5.0?
I've always had a love for the LX 5.0 coupes.
If I could find one in great condition and for the right price, I would buy it in a heartbeat. :)

Hugs!

robyn1114
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I've got a 91 GT that I drag race, and a 2007 GT that is my daily driver, and my wife drivers a 2008 GT California Special.

I'm sorry to disagree but I don't consider the new mustangs a chic car, the SN95 maybe. Here's a couple pics

5150 Girl
06-11-2009, 11:23 PM
If it's an auto trans it's a girl's car, if it's a manual, it's a man's car.... Or atleast that's what the allmighty "they" tell me....

My specs... LX, 302ci, (5.0L) 4spd auto, BBK headders, and X pipes feeding a flowmaster cat-back. BBK trailing links, BBK sub-frame conectors.

robyn1114
06-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Very nice 5150, my list of mods on the 91 is just too big to post here.
Before I left for Germany it was running 12.5's in the quarter on street tires, and soft suspension.

Persephone
06-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Wow! It looks like I'm totally out car-ed. But I do have a license plate frame that says :
"I wanna be Barbie, that doll has it all." Does that count?

harmony
06-11-2009, 11:56 PM
i would like to approach this from another angle and i need help!what should i wear driving my
05 mb 320e
1931 model a ford pick up original
1998 bmw r1200c motorcycle???
please help-these are all not very girly vehicles so we have to make the girl fit!!

Leslie Langford
06-12-2009, 12:07 AM
i would like to approach this from another angle and i need help!what should i wear driving my
05 mb 320e
1931 model a ford pick up original
1998 bmw r1200c motorcycle???
please help-these are all not very girly vehicles so we have to make the girl fit!!

Piece of cake...

1) the Benz - emulate the sophisticated, worldly, Euro-glamour look of Sophia Loren or Catherine Deneuve in their prime.

2) the Ford pick-up? Faye Dunaway as Bonnie from the movie "Bonnie and Clyde".

3) the Bimmer bike cries out for a young Jane Fonda as "Barbarella".

You're welcome :D !

Tracii G
06-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I have a Nissan Xterra (SUV) with a pink University of Ky logo.I get ragged about by all my friends but I just blow it off saying my GF put it on there.
I do hang a flowery lay or some colorful beads off the mirror if I'm out as Tracii.
Got a sweet glance from the car wash guy last weekend he came to the window asking which wash package I wanted and I had to get in the glove box to get the free coupon I had.
Had on a sexy black mini skirt and coral colored low cut top.Well when I handed him the coupon he smiled and told me I had lovely legs.
I blushed big time and said thanks honey.
As far as cars go I'm just about to drop some coins on an 09 Mustang Bullitt.
I love that car! 15 more horses than the GT.

Charla McBee
06-12-2009, 02:27 AM
My car originally belonged to my sister who swore there was something wrong with it 7 years ago so I have left it alone just in case. The only incident, which I had nothing to do with was when a spark plug decided to randomly explode and nearly poke a hole in the hood on its way out.

It has a football tag in front and a football rim in back as well as a 3rd party political bumper sticker in back, so I think my car is decidedly male these days though internally it could be made to go either way.

Persephone
06-12-2009, 02:41 AM
My girly dream car:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/3279446903_512a95b1d3-1.jpg
The 4X4 Rubicon version, of course!

Monique L
06-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Does adding a supercharger make your car more girly???

Deborah Jane
06-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Does adding a supercharger make your car more girly???

Only if you have it anodised in pink :D

None of my cars are girly unless i drive them as Debs :battingeyelashes:

vivianann
06-12-2009, 04:25 AM
I want to get a Chrysler 300 with a hemi, as my girly car. Right now I drive a Chrysler Imperial, and I have girly stuff in my car all the time. I also drive a big bright blue quad cab Dodge pickup. A lot of peaple are surprised when I drive up in my big blue pickup, and see me getting out of my pickup when I am wearing a very feminine dress.:eek:

crossdrezzer1
06-12-2009, 05:16 AM
I spray perfume on the inside of mine to make it smell good

cindyscute
06-12-2009, 06:13 AM
I thought I heard a horn from a 4X4 riding on 40's the other day.
That's when I realized my skirt was riding up pretty high! :eek:
I knew it!! :heehee:

Hugs!

:) :battingeyelashes:

cindym5_04
06-12-2009, 08:27 AM
I have a black 2004 40th anniversary edition Mustang. It's an automatic (I drive in DC rush hour every day, plus I got it from a dealer for $10k w/ 40,000 miles on it because they mispriced it online). My wife says all Mustangs are girly although she likes mine.

I don't plan on girlying it though. I do plan to eventually tint the brake lights and tint my windows. Cars bring out more of the guy-side of me. I'm not throwing down money to modify it though- I'm leaving it stock.

SherylynJade
06-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I have a white 04 F-150 extended cab, extended bed and it has a tinkerbell sticker on the passenger side rear bumper, a "Don't Tread On Me" flag sticker on the right side, and tinkerbell floor mats. And nobody says anything about them.

tracigirl_tv
06-12-2009, 10:25 AM

just now calming down from laughing at that one :heehee:

Chrissie P
06-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I keep a nail file and buffer in the console and work on my nails at stoplights.

Angel.Marie76
06-12-2009, 11:20 AM
As I've been called the 'Monochrome Girl' by a few people, my car seems to fit.. it's a Gunmetal / Graphite gray '04 Stang V6, matching painted Shelby rims. I did add a little bit of color to it though.. a purple/blue hue opalescent multistripe going all the way around the vehicle. I do love purples and lace, so I may look around for accessories to deck out the interior a bit more.. maybe purple interior floorboard neons.. or trim the dash with purple EL wire.. ooooh. must..not....get...started... need to save my money for my laser.. :)

Stitch
06-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I was once behind an overly girly car. It was laden with play boy bunny stuff, huge flower decals, fluffy pink seats, a huge pink steering wheel and a yummy mummy bumper sticker. :doh:

StevieTV
06-12-2009, 11:58 AM
For those that drive I was wondering if you have done anything to make your car more girly? And if so, any reactions to it?

When you see a girl driving they usually have a leigh or cherries or something hanging from the rear view mirror. Or they might have a girly cd in the glove box for example.

For me I would like to hang something girly but I don't. I just have a regular I do have a few girly cd's that i bring along on occasion. I like to play Britney Spears or Shania Twain and sing along when i'm driving alone. I do have a few unmarked burnt cd's of girl music mixed in with my regular burnt cd's.

What about you?

Funny you should bring up Shania. I play her CDs and sing along with the windows down. I also have a nice blankie in the back seat and rainbow beads hanging off my rear view mirror. The best thing though is the smell of Chanel No. 5 in the car. Who wants one of those pine tree things hanging in the car, when you can spray a cotton ball with perfume and leave it somewhere inconspicuous in the car.

ReineD
06-12-2009, 01:49 PM

just once or repeatedly?

just now calming down from laughing at that one :heehee:

You gals are so bad!!!

Here's my car, 2004 Honda EX-L V6 Coupe, yummy champagne color with matching leather interior, loaded.

I had a good laugh out of this thread too! IMO, there is nothing womanlier than a clean, sleek car with none of the paraphenalia in the back seat, covering the seats, on the dashboard, hanging from mirrors, or stuck on bumbers. :eek: All this stuff is noise that takes away from what you want people to admire whether they are in or out of the car, which is .... YOU! And IMO there is nothing sexier than listening to jazz or blues, even the right classical music. And maybe throw in some metal or rock once in a while to spice things up. :D

Besides, women do get beyond wanting to girly up their cars once they are out of college? :D

:hugs:

Ze xx
06-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh, ugh, fluffy things in cars, someone near me has got pink seats, pink furry steering wheel, pink fluffy rubbish in the rear view, looks like it's been attacked by a candy floss monster!

Mind you, I did have a mirror ball hanging down from my rearview once. It was so naff, it was cool :D

Oh, and manual or auto? In the uk, manual if you know how to drive :tongueout

Joni Marie Cruz
06-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Beads, several strings of them, on the rear view mirror. And an = sign, the HRC symbol on the back window. Oh, and flowery seat covers. Oh yeah and me in the driver's seat.

Hugs...Joni Mari

jo_ann
06-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I think too much flare is as bad as overdressing, it's a sure way to unpass. Most girls don't drive overly femme cars, in fact they hardly do anything to them. Wife used to put purple seat covers in her truck, but that's about it.

Leslie Langford
06-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Funny you should bring up Shania. I play her CDs and sing along with the windows down...

O.K., let me go out on a limb here, Stevie...

I'm guessing that the Shania song you play most frequently (and at top volume :D) is "Man! I feel like a woman!" :devil:.

Sarah 777
06-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I just bought a bumble bee aerial topper for my new car, and at the moment I've got Aliesha Dixon in the CD player. Girls Aloud and the Saturdays are in the glovebox....so to speak! :D

Also I've got a crystal necklace thingy hanging from the rearview mirror.

Sarah x

Gabrielle Hermosa
06-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Actually, when I go out for a drive en femme, I take my wife's car. It's already sufficiently girl'd up. :heehee:

I don't really decorate my car with anything, no cd's or girly things dangling from the mirror, etc. I just try not to let it get too filled with clutter.