PDA

View Full Version : Part 2 of comming out ot my GG friend

Miranda09
06-13-2009, 03:39 PM
This is a follow up to my earlier posting where I first described coming out to a close gg friend of mine via instant messenger. Well, I met her after work last night, say about 10:30 pm and we went to a local Denny's. She was very anxious to hear my whole story and we talked (or rather I talked) for about 2-3 hours! It was a wonderful experience. What really surprised me was her response to the whole thing...she told me she wasn't all that surprised. Why? I guess over the years she noticed certain characteristics of my personality and in the ways we interacted. That REALLY surprised me. As we talked we started getting into my styles, applying makeup (which she has offered to help me with), maybe even going out sometime..a girls night out! She has offered to take me to where she gets her eyebrows waxed and have mine done there as well....cool!! She has offered to keep an eye out for clothing that would look good on me and let me know about them, and if I wanted her to pick them up for me (of course I would reimburse her afterward). All in all, this was a wonderful experience and we joked that now she has a new found girlfriend.. lol. :) I am looking forward to this new experience and what this journey of mine has in store for me.

Teri Jean
06-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Miranda,
You my have really found a wonderful treasure in a gf that is not only insightive but also accepting. Congratulations.Take it slow and I wish you the best.

Huggs Keli

LisaM
06-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Miranda,

Don't ever lose that GF. She sounds wonderful. Congrats!

Miranda09
06-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Miranda,

Don't ever lose that GF. She sounds wonderful. Congrats!

I won't and yes, she is a very special person.

kaitlin
06-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Hey Girl, That is just too cool! It is such a rush of wonderful feelings when you find a GG that is into the real you!

Nicole Erin
06-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Be careful with it, some people are cool at first but not long after, tend to not want to associate with us.

Sheila
06-14-2009, 10:02 AM
cool hun ............. I know it will seem like a dream come true, just remember to treat your friend as you did before and do not make your friendship all about your cding ............ if you oft went for a meal or to the pub and talked about putting the world to rights or playing pool, or doing karioke tog, try to make sure that you still do that .......... make her realise that your friendship is still important to her, and not now just because she accepts your cding now :hugs:

Miranda09
06-14-2009, 10:08 AM
cool hun ............. I know it will seem like a dream come true, just remember to treat your friend as you did before and do not make your friendship all about your cding ............ if you oft went for a meal or to the pub and talked about putting the world to rights or playing pool, or doing karioke tog, try to make sure that you still do that .......... make her realise that your friendship is still important to her, and not now just because she accepts your cding now :hugs:

Wonderful advise Sheila and I will do exactly that, Thanks hun. :) :hugs:

Jennifer Marie P.
06-14-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm glad for you that you have a GG friend to help you out you can learn alot about makeup,buying the right clothes and the best part you can have a girls night out.

Victoria Gizelle
06-14-2009, 04:11 PM
congrats.. you are very lucky in having such an understanding friend, and you now have a going out, shopping, pedicure, manicure, makeover girlfriend. and also a girls night out girlfriend... I also had a girl friend like that it was the best times ever... :) still is cuz Imarried her. :love:

Rachel Morley
06-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Fantastic! ..... you are going to have so much fun! :) ...oh, and I think Shelia's advice was spot on!

Bettyf_40
06-14-2009, 05:25 PM
That's wonderful!!!! GGs like yours are so rare. Years ago I knew a very supportive GG, but sadly she was married to a really macho man. A few years later they divorced. Wish I had not lost touch with her over the years.

Congrats girl, hang on to her!

deborahtg42
06-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Miranda,

That is fantastic, you are very lucky and I am so jealous, lol

Deborah

Miranda09
06-15-2009, 12:27 AM
The only bad thing is that she's already married, and yes, he's a really good guy..I've met him and approve! But, that's OK, because I value her friendship, especially considering the rather unique way in which we met. :)