PDA

View Full Version : Military Physical Exam Disaster

Kathi Lake
06-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I've been in my unit for 28 1/2 years. They're a pretty good unit. One thing that they're always great at is communication. If you have upcoming training, they let you know in advance. Reenlistment coming up? You know. Physical exam? You know weeks in advance. Or so I thought.

I was briefing my troops this morning and was going through the training list. I get to the physical exam section of the list, start reading off names and then I hit mine. I think my voice squeaked more than when I went through puberty. I didn't think I was due for a few months. Apparently, my name is on a list for deploying in the next few months (another surprise) and they wanted to get it done.

So, I dutifully headed over to the hospital and start going through all of the stations. First was height and weight. I begged the girls there to let me keep my shirt and boots on. No dice. Ah well, at least they let me keep the change in my pockets. Unfortunately, I'm down to 132. Yay for the girl side of me. Boo for the guy side of me that gets to keep hearing from my wife about how much skinnier I am than her. :)

The last station is a new one. Normally, you just go in and talk to the Doc and you're done. Not today! Today he wanted to do a skin check to check for melanomas (since I am getting on in years ). The requirement? Get totally undressed. :eek:

Those of you that read of my "Girly Day" adventure this last Thursday know that I had waxed my arms and chest and shaved my legs. Basically, I was slick and hairless. My eyebrows were obviously arched and feminine. My nails, while I had gotten most of the polish off, were still long and shaped. To me, it was obvious to anyone just what and who I am.

When he started the whole body skin check, he looked puzzled at first. After awhile, he started smiling in that "amused/I have a secret" kind of way. While I was thinking furiously of excuses for why my body would be hairless and looking girly, he asked me to also remove my socks. Halfway through removing my first sock, I realized that he was about to get a bigger glimpse of what I do in my off-hours. You can see what he saw in the picture below.

He simply said, "That's a nice color on you." I stammered out a quick "Thank you" with my voice still doing the puberty thing. He closed my medical record, looked at me and simply said for me to have a great day. I smiled back, said thanks and tried to look as nonchalant as possible while sweating profusely!

Time will tell what will happen. Looking back on his attitude and the fact that he is retiring this month gives me positive feelings. One thing for sure, I'm sure that I gave him a great career-ending story today.

Kathi

celeste26
06-13-2009, 06:04 PM
While you probably were the last person he saw this way, you probably weren't the first. Given the dont ask dont tell rules I doubt if there will be any repurcussions.

Lorileah
06-13-2009, 06:09 PM
My whole military time was in the medical corps (minus the basic and AIT) and the doctors were always more "medical" than military. Have to say that did bring a smile to my face and some good memories :).

I wish you all the luck and safety in the world.

pattyv
06-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Probably will remain one of those military secrets!!! Good luck.

kymmieLorain
06-13-2009, 06:22 PM
A friend of mine was hunting and colapsed a lung. When he got the base hospital He remembered he had painted his toe nails. nothing was said. Not sure if he Xdressed or not.
I remember when I when through NCO leadership school we had to take our shoes off to weight in the first day. While I had my socks on, I was sure everyone could see my painted toes. It must have been me, as I have just started recently.
When I had my motorcycle accedent last Aug. I only recieved a OH, painted toes, from one nurse.

Kymmie

Nicole Erin
06-13-2009, 06:29 PM
28.5 years in the service? WOW! :eek: I mean even if most of it is reserve time but still.

I doubt anything would come of it but then that is always easy to say coming from another.

When I was in 93 to 96, towards the end I was going to a local gay club, and everyone in my shop knew but nothing ever came of it.

I am guessing if it was something serious like you were caught in a puck tent with a man then something might happen but having hairless legs and toenail polish? Who cares.

In case you ARE worried about the worst, if this doctor is some old crusty Colonel or sargent major, they are more worried about retiring than what another soldier looked like.

leesametz
06-13-2009, 08:08 PM
When I had my motorcycle accedent last Aug. I only recieved a OH, painted toes, from one nurse.

when i had MY motorcycle accident last july, i got home, got rid of my boots, removed the polish off my toes and put sandals on...

i didnt know i had a torn ACL. i couldnt figure out why my knee kept buckling making me fall down...

Amy Lynn3
06-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Kathi, we must have the same taste in nail polish. I have the same color as you on my nails. I never had your problem when I was in the Army. I was only in for two years on active duty. I kept my xdressing in the closet until I got home on leave or was downtown. Guess being on active duty for over 28 years its sort of hard to keep it under wraps. Nice story.

vikki2020
06-13-2009, 08:33 PM
You could have claimed to be trying some new camouflage technique! That had to get your heart beating a little bit, huh?Hope the deployment doesn't happen, but good luck either way.

LisaM
06-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Kathi,

That is an unbelievable story. I hope everything goes well. Where are you deploying to?

TxKimberly
06-13-2009, 08:38 PM
There can't be any repercussions - wearing toe nail polish isn't out of regs. Finger nail polish might get you in trouble for being "out of uniform", but not on the toes. Besides, how many non-cross dressing men have had their wives paint their toes once or twice? No know it's bull shit, I know it's bull shit, and the Doc that looked at you will know it's bull shit, but it's "plausible denial". So, you trying to get 30 in for that bigger monthly check?

Ashley_1962
06-13-2009, 08:40 PM
your toes look great... you have no worries!!!

Kathi Lake
06-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Kathi, That is an unbelievable story. I hope everything goes well. Where are you deploying to?I could give you the standard, "I could tell you but I'd have to kill you" line, but we all know where it will be - either Iraq or someplace ending in -stan (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kyrgzistan, Somewherestan, etc.).

Honestly, I don't think anything will come of it (the whole looking-like-a-girl part). He seemed like a nice old Colonel. As Lorileah said, he was more medical than military. Still, talk about an adrenaline rush!

As for the deployment, who knows? It won't be the first time I've gone and probably won't be the last. :)

So, you trying to get 30 in for that bigger monthly check?Actually, like I told my wife, I'll stay in until either they kick me out or it isn't fun anymore. Tomorrow I raise the ol' right hand for another four years to ". . . support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." I love working on the jets. I love (most of) the travel I get to do. Sure, I wish I could travel like you do, Kimberly. But then again, who doesn't? :)

Kathi

Billijo49504
06-13-2009, 08:48 PM
When I was in the emergency room, from breaking my knee cap, one of the nurses told me she had to remove the polish from one of my fingers. I guess the O2 senser wouldn't read thru the polish...BJ

PretzelGirl
06-13-2009, 08:52 PM
As for the deployment, who knows? It won't be the first time I've gone and probably won't be the last. :)

Well, here is hoping it is the last. You be safe (and keep logging in)!

Actually, like I told my wife, I'll stay in until either they kick me out or it isn't fun anymore. Tomorrow I raise the ol' right hand for another four years to ". . . support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." I love working on the jets. I love (most of) the travel I get to do. Sure, I wish I could travel like you do, Kimberly. But then again, who doesn't? :)

Kathi

That is interesting. I thought they went to indefinite for the enlisted about 10+ years ago eliminating all of the re-enlistments. Maybe that is just the Army.

nvlady
06-13-2009, 09:40 PM
The worst thing that will probably happen is the whole experience ran your blood pressure so high the doctor will delay your deployment.

Kathi Lake
06-13-2009, 09:44 PM
The worst thing that will probably happen is the whole experience ran your blood pressure so high the doctor will delay your deployment.Nope. 130 over 78. Sigh. :)

Kathi

LisaM
06-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks for your service, Kathi! I wish more people understood the sacrifices people like you have made for our country.

AmandaM
06-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Wow! Scary. Plausible deniability. You're a goth. Your wife did it. You're a bicycle racer. The doctor was mistaken. It must have been the guy in front of you.

I think the old codger will just laugh it off with a beer. Don't sweat it. If he was inclined to out you, he'd probably act stiff.

JulieK1980
06-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Having worked in Navy Healthcare for 6 years I can tell you we've seen much worse than that. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about. Besides thats doctor patient confidentiality.

Thank you very much for serving and good luck to you on deployment!:hugs:

Christina Horton
06-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Be all that you can be , your CD , don't flee, or we can't all stay free, you see , he he he!

I thank you for your fighting for all our freedom. My Dad was in the Canadian Air Force , I try to enlist in 92 but they declined me cuz of my bad eyes. I was going for MSC op. Oh well I became a trucker with my own truck. Would have been nice to have the Air force to pay fir the fuel but oh well. At this way I can dress any time I want to and no worrie about been court marshaled. LOL.

I hope if you are shiped out you keep our head down and your ass safe. Good luck. You won't have any prob with the doc. Good luck Hun. I am very proud of all you fighting freedom. Huggs.

Stormgirl
06-14-2009, 12:03 AM
I apologise for being nosy but what is your MOS or is it Rate? 28 years? You must be an E-7 or E-8 by now.

Sara Jessica
06-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Wow, you took that soooooo in stride!!! I'd have just freaked out on the spot, I'm sure but then again, I'm not in the millitary.

As has been said above, I appreciate your service. I find the millitary to be a foreign concept to me personally, in other words I don't have that particular gene in me. But I fully recognize that the freedoms you protect don't discriminate, that our ability to even be "out" as a transgendered woman in the USA is largely based on freedom, something none of us should take for granted.

Jeanna
06-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Nice toes!

Shiny
06-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Hold your breath Kathi!!

You may be right about your assessment of your latest physical and your "encounter." However, being ex-USMC from back-in-the-day I would say that there are no gray areas in the military and that Col. doc that looked you over? Even though he is set to retire he could very well have already started the paperwork on you!

I have known many in the service that will look you in the eye and smile at you shaking your hand while at the same time they're pissing down your leg! The slightest mistake or abberation of character in the "closed" society of the military isn't tolerated, not for long at least. They want lock-step uniformity and conformity, period.

If I would have had to take a physical like that while in the USMC and there wasn't any nail polish remover I would have had to resort to a pair of pliers, if you get my meaning! I know the "don't ask don't tell" crap is still ongoing but in my day? The whispers would start, you'd loose your friends, you'd get passed by for promotions for all sorts of mysterious reasons and you'd get transfered and have lousy assignments until yor enlistment ran out, (or you resigned your commission) or they could RIF you out.

I wish you luck and hope all goes well for you but I would add that my little "hobby" was non-existant during my whole tenure in the service and matter of fact, did my best to not even think about it. Because I knew there was no place for "my kind" in any military capacity.

morgan51
06-14-2009, 07:28 AM
THANKYOU for your service Kathi be safe.

Shelby
06-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I seem to recall hearing that some soldiers would shave their bodies of all hair while in Iraq due to hygiene concerns. My brother is over there right now but the only time he has shaved his leg was for a new tattoo. So you can always use hygiene as a reason. Good luck over there!

TxKimberly
06-14-2009, 10:04 AM
. . .

Actually, like I told my wife, I'll stay in until either they kick me out or it isn't fun anymore. . . . i

LOL Call me crazy, but going to those "stans" over and over would most definitely take the fun out of it for me. Of course, with 27 years in I'm assuming you made it a great deal higher up the food chain than the SGT (E5) that I achieved, so maybe your accommodations are marginally better? :D

Jamie001
06-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I believe that the only way that there could be any problems is if there are regulations against having painted toenails. Shaving of body hair is a personal thing and I am sure there are no regulations against it. I don't believe that they have any regulations against painted toenails and you were not out of uniform because your toenails are not showing.

Marcia Blue
06-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Kathi,
Thanks for your service again.
I hope nothing comes from your physical.
Please, stay safe if you do deploy.
My prayers will be with you and your unit.

Huggs,

Kathi Lake
06-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks all! I'm sure it will be all right. As you've said, there's nothing specifically in the regs about how I appeared. I also made sure to mention my wife this and my wife that so he got the picture that he didn't need to ask that question. Looking like I did yesterday - everything girly except the plumbing - coupled with being "suspiciously single" might have been bad.

Kimberly, I am pretty high up the food chain, and therefore do get a bit better accommodations (not the Presidential Suite, unlike some people I know). That allowed me to dress up a little last time I was in the sandbox. Yes, the deployment tempo is getting wearying for everyone. Let's hope this puppy winds down soon.

For the curious, my specialty is munitions. Bombs, bullets, missiles and nukes. If it goes boom, I get to play with it. My shop is filled with macho men. Since we have no females there, I have been named the "designated girl" (gee, how did they know? :)) True, they use a different term, but you get the idea. :) My duties usually include hauling drunks home from bars, planning and cooking for the post-deployment picnic and other such tasks. Wonder if I should dress up as my namesake one of these days. What goes TDY stays TDY, right? :)

Kathi

Jaydee
06-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Kathi,
Your story reminded me of something that happened to a friend of mine. He was a pilot. When he came home from the base one day he took off his boots and socks and laid down for a nap. His young daughters decided to paint daddy's toes a bright pink. He was a little surprised when he woke up, and even more embarrassed the next day in the showers after PT.

Maybe you could say that someone broke into your house, and they did it.

There are no AF regs against painted toes, but maybe next time you should either go with camouflage or AF Blue.

Jaydee
(Retired AFRes)

DaphneGrey
06-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Dear Kathi
Thank you for your service! from the bottom of my heart! Nothing will come of it I am sure. But I could imagine how nerve racking that could be. Once I went to court under dressed, and the wire in my bra set off the metal detectors! I played it off as wearing a back brace but when the cop came after me the the wand, he had this yeah right smile on his face.

Ok I posted in your girly day thread about being jealous because you are so skinny! Couple that with your apparent age and that you look so good, and I am really beginning to hate you, but in a good way.:love:

Persephone
06-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks for your service, Kathi! I wish more people understood the sacrifices people like you have made for our country.
:yt::iagree:Totally!

For the curious, my specialty is munitions. Bombs, bullets, missiles and nukes. If it goes boom, I get to play with it.
Kathi

Oh, wow! Ammo, cammo, and things that go Blammo! Now I am jealous!!!

In the civilian market right now ammo is in totally short supply. Empty shelf after empty shelf. Out at a gun show last week they had a few pitiful boxes in one calibre, one batch made in Russia and the other in Czeckeslovakia (fortunately not something I was looking for).

serinalynn
06-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks all! I'm sure it will be all right. As you've said, there's nothing specifically in the regs about how I appeared. I also made sure to mention my wife this and my wife that so he got the picture that he didn't need to ask that question. Looking like I did yesterday - everything girly except the plumbing - coupled with being "suspiciously single" might have been bad.

Kimberly, I am pretty high up the food chain, and therefore do get a bit better accommodations (not the Presidential Suite, unlike some people I know). That allowed me to dress up a little last time I was in the sandbox. Yes, the deployment tempo is getting wearying for everyone. Let's hope this puppy winds down soon.

For the curious, my specialty is munitions. Bombs, bullets, missiles and nukes. If it goes boom, I get to play with it. My shop is filled with macho men. Since we have no females there, I have been named the "designated girl" (gee, how did they know? :)) True, they use a different term, but you get the idea. :) My duties usually include hauling drunks home from bars, planning and cooking for the post-deployment picnic and other such tasks. Wonder if I should dress up as my namesake one of these days. What goes TDY stays TDY, right? :)

Kathi

Kathi, Thank you for your service to our country, bring retired from the U.S.Navy, having already done your physical and assuming your request to reenlist was approved, you should be ok. After all your Air Force or ANG, THere maybe some looking the other way as for your hairlessness,shin color and painted toes. I knew of several occurances when I was active when E-7, E-8, and E-9's were cut slack about some things that would have caused lower ranks to be diciplined or put out of the service. It wasn't until I was fully retired that I get back into CDing again. I dabbled in CDing b-4 I joined back in the day, I was 19 when i joined and age 40 when I retired 1990.

Bettyf_40
06-14-2009, 05:33 PM
When I retired from the Air Force after 20 years, I had a female doc doing the physical exam. She saw everything freshly shaved. Her only comment, "be sure and use lots of lotion on those legs." with a smile.

linnea
06-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Great that you serve.
Great looking toes and choice of polish.
No worries.

MelanieCA
06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Regardless of what happens, thank you for your service!

Kathi Lake
06-15-2009, 12:16 AM
OK, I posted in your girly day thread about being jealous because you are so skinny! Couple that with your apparent age and that you look so good, and I am really beginning to hate you, but in a good way.:love:And I am jealous of your wonderful relationship with your son! I've enjoyed your posts on how you're raising him to embrace tolerance and a realize that a nonjudgmental attitude is the way to go. On the weight aspect, believe me, I do catch hell from my wife on my weight, so being skinny does have its drawbacks. Since she's a nurse practitioner, she wanted to know all about my physical. I told her my blood pressure, the results of various tests, etc. She asked if they weighed me. I hemmed and hawed, but told her. When she heard the total, she quietly got up from the table, scraped her dish into the sink, sighed, and got the bag of salad from the fridge. My sons and daughters just laughed as they all outweigh me (except for my 9 1/2 year-old daughter. She got daddy's genes and only weighs 50 pounds:)) Yep. I'm sure I'll be hearing about this one for awhile.

Kathi

JulieK1980
06-15-2009, 02:20 AM
I seem to recall hearing that some soldiers would shave their bodies of all hair while in Iraq due to hygiene concerns. My brother is over there right now but the only time he has shaved his leg was for a new tattoo. So you can always use hygiene as a reason. Good luck over there!

A lot of us did that when we were out to sea. Its a lot less disgusting when you sweat all day long if you have no body hair lol!

Dana
06-15-2009, 02:33 AM
When I was a Senior DI at MCRD Parris Island, SC, my third hat came to me and told me he couldn't fall out for PT with the recruits.

I asked him why, and he told me that his WM (Woman Marine) GF was PO'd with him because she hadn't seen him for two weeks, (we had just picked up a new series of recurits) and he told her that he was beat, and all he wanted was a shower and sleep!

He tanked out, and she shaved him from the neck down, and painted his toenails while he was asleep! :eek:

julie0110
06-15-2009, 02:55 AM
Reminds me of the time when during my military service I was caught out in my lacy underwear. I had forgotten to lock the door to my room. I was dressed in a white bra, (padded out), panties, suspender belt and stockings, only covered by a see thru negligee. Imagine my horror when one of my colleagues walked in and caught me. My whole world exploded. I stuttered an excuse that I was not gay, that I would leave the forces now that my girly side had been outed. He just laughed, left my room but said he would not divulge my secret. I had to be really careful from then on (until I met my wonderful caring and supportive wife)

Love

Julie

Kitty Sue
06-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Wow! I too am in the military (9 years active and now 6 years in the guard.) I do not have the guts to shave my body at the moment. I only shave when I know I can get away with it. I am impressed.

I doubt you have anything to worry about as In my experience military doctors are professional.

BeckiB
06-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Kathi, I think you will be just fine. I spent almost 30 years in the military myself and like you I was a little higher up the food chain. I was clean shaven the last 7 or 8 years I was in and never had a problem. Most people could care less.

I do have to say that one of the best times I have had dressed was with a bunch of soldiers heading to Korea. (not like that!!! lets keep those thoughts clean) They were staying at the same hotel that the Be-All was being held at a few years ago. We were all in the hotel lounge having a good time. I had noticed the dog tags on one of the guys while we were standing at the bar waiting to get drinks. I asked him about them and we started talking. By the end of the night they were all sitting at tables with the girls and having a great time. I am sure they will have stories to tell for a long time to come.

The winds of change are blowing

Sally2005
06-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Would the doc record that you had waxed arms and legs and nail polish on? I doubt it. If you need an excuse just say it was some fun between your wife and yourself. Unless you plan some major transition then I wouldn't volunteer any info. I'm mostly surprised the doctor didn't tell you to put some weight on. Good luck, I hope if you go away you will be safely away from danger.

DonnaT
06-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I reckon the best thing to occur at your physical, Kathi, was not having to strip along side the other guys. :doh:

My wife and I were both in the Army together. She shaved my legs one day, and we didn't even think about how anyone on base would react.

Luckily, the hair grew back before Top decided we should all start wearing cut-off fatigues to take PT in.

Kathi Lake
06-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Would the doc record that you had waxed arms and legs and nail polish on? I doubt it. If you need an excuse just say it was some fun between your wife and yourself. Unless you plan some major transition then I wouldn't volunteer any info. I'm mostly surprised the doctor didn't tell you to put some weight on. Good luck, I hope if you go away you will be safely away from danger.Thanks, Sally. I had that excuse - and about a million others - at the ready, but I don't think he was concerned. I'm not planning on any type of transition. I simply had gotten very girly in anticipation of a nice day. As for the weight, I arrived at Basic Training weighing a whopping 119 pounds (and needing an underweight waiver). I've steadily gained about one pound every two years since. There have been some ups and downs, but on average it's a gain, so that's good, right? :)

Kathi

Rebecca Jackson
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I always hated being so skinny when I was younger and would have given anything to be able to gain weight. Now I look at it in a different light and am very happy to be as skinny as I am! I do remember that when I was married my wife wasn't too thrilled that I weighed less than she did!

Jannette H
06-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Kathi Lake, I work at an MCSS and what I've seen and heard nothing surprises me or most of us that work here. The army does not get rid of people for that, it can't afford to. It's more like if I see it I won't tell we need everybody. Oh how it has changed.

dawnmarrie1961
06-15-2009, 05:42 PM
ARRGGG!!! Don't you just hate it when those things happen? Thankfully for me, back in 79 working of s4 as the only enlisted person, I never had any time to do anything I wanted to. No time of CDing at all! But I can feel your pain.

Carola
06-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm amazed about how many of us are in the armed forces; i can almost hear "in the navy" in the background...

Ralph
06-16-2009, 01:45 AM
When I was in the emergency room, from breaking my knee cap, one of the nurses told me she had to remove the polish from one of my fingers. I guess the O2 senser wouldn't read thru the polish...BJ
Exactly right. My wife was in the hospital this past weekend and the nurse explained to me how the O2 sensor works - kind of like a little laser beam shooting through your finger and counting the oxygenated blood cells. She specifically said that nail polish will mangle the signal (this came up because my wife kept moving her hand and messing up the reading).

Dana Lane
06-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Thanks for sharing this story! I couldn't help but laugh because it was so adorable. I have a feeling the doc isn't going to say a word. Thanks for your service!

MsJanessa
06-16-2009, 06:31 AM
probably the doc won't do or say anything---and if he does whats the worst that could happen---you get an honorable discharge---keep your pension and you won't have to go the the "Stans"

Teri Jean
06-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Having been in the Navy for four years I don't recall anyone that CDed but it wouldn't surprise me. Did I say I was Navy air, engines and fuel systems,ADJ-3, so the question is "what ship do you serve on?". Oh yah you are in the "other Air Force". Can't land aboard a ship. LOL Seriously though thank you for your service to our country and that goes for all the veterans that have served. As an officer in the American Legion, I have found the balancing of my CDing and my continued service to Veterans and the programs we try to provide is a serious and sometimes difficult act. But because we serve the general public as well as veterans the image we project has to be focused.

BB stacker??????? I owe my life to an ordinance man while serving. Stupid move on my part but he came through. Again thank you and be safe.

Huggs Keli

Dana Lane
06-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Having been in the Navy for four years I don't recall anyone that CDed but it wouldn't surprise me. Did I say I was Navy air, engines and fuel systems,ADJ-3, so the question is "what ship do you serve on?". Oh yah you are in the "other Air Force". Can't land aboard a ship. LOL Seriously though thank you for your service to our country and that goes for all the veterans that have served. As an officer in the American Legion, I have found the balancing of my CDing and my continued service to Veterans and the programs we try to provide is a serious and sometimes difficult act. But because we serve the general public as well as veterans the image we project has to be focused.

BB stacker??????? I owe my life to an ordinance man while serving. Stupid move on my part but he came through. Again thank you and be safe.

Huggs Keli

I was a BB stacker in the Navy!

Beth Wilde
06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Did the same thing for an ECG a while ago, not realising they put pads on your feet as part of the test I had red toenails under my shoes, the medic in our military medical centre didn't care!!

Lisa Catherine
06-16-2009, 05:34 PM
I had my SRP physical last month, I'm getting deployed as well. At least you didn't have to get ready among others in a locker room emvironment like the Army did in times past!! I had to get the "over 40" physical, (a pain in the butt):doh:!! But I also had advance notice, so I had time to let the hair grow out! I didn't have the time to enjoy CD'ing while I was Active Duty '91-'94, but I was also heavily in denial and self-loathing about it as well. I'm wondering how to "get it out of my system" while I'm "in the litterbox", I'm thinking it'll have to stay along the lines of underdressing, any thoughts?

Brenda456
06-16-2009, 10:23 PM
If anyone finds my painted toes, my story will be that I had a bet with my wife,I lost the bet and the toes are the result!

Sallee
06-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Don't ask Don't tell But I guess its OK to comment. I had my nails painted last summer dark red and got a few comments but no body real seemed to care or mined Of course I loved it all

Kathi Lake
06-16-2009, 11:16 PM
probably the doc won't do or say anything---and if he does whats the worst that could happen---you get an honorable discharge---keep your pension and you won't have to go the the "Stans"Hmmmmm, tempting! How about I waltz into formation in a beautiful gown? Think they'd send me to the sandbox then? With my luck, I'd have the nickname "Klinger," go anyway, and get plenty of the wrong type of attention over there along the lines of, "Hey, you got a purty mouth!" :)

I'm wondering how to "get it out of my system" while I'm "in the litterbox", I'm thinking it'll have to stay along the lines of underdressing, any thoughts?Universal answer - it depends. Due to my rank, I had private room (OK, a bunch of bedsheets strung up on parachute cord giving me the illusion of privacy in my tent) and was able to dress a little bit. I brought a skirt and plenty of panties. In fact, other than a token pair of men's breifs, all I brought were Bali microfiber panties. When it's 130 degrees, they feel great. The only hitch came when I was leaving. During the customs inspection, everyone's bags were dumped on large tables. My panties were pretty much on display. Luckily I had chosen beige and white (and one very cute pair of robin's egg blue), so no one noticed. Well, the Navy gal that was doing the customs check did. She smiled at me and said, "Ooooh, prettyyyy!" I then found that I can indeed blush. Everyone else was wrapped up in their own bags, so I don't think they noticed. She winked at me and told me to have a great trip back. So, long-windedness aside, you'll be fine over there - no matter what you bring.

If anyone finds my painted toes, my story will be that I had a bet with my wife, I lost the bet and the toes are the result!Heck, I'd tell them I won the bet! :)

Kathi

MsJanessa
06-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Hmmmmm, tempting! How about I waltz into formation in a beautiful gown? Think they'd send me to the sandbox then? With my luck, I'd have the nickname "Klinger," go anyway, and get plenty of the wrong type of attention over there along the lines of, "Hey, you got a purty mouth!" :)

Universal answer - it depends. Due to my rank, I had private room (OK, a bunch of bedsheets strung up on parachute cord giving me the illusion of privacy in my tent) and was able to dress a little bit. I brought a skirt and plenty of panties. In fact, other than a token pair of men's breifs, all I brought were Bali microfiber panties. When it's 130 degrees, they feel great. The only hitch came when I was leaving. During the customs inspection, everyone's bags were dumped on large tables. My panties were pretty much on display. Luckily I had chosen beige and white (and one very cute pair of robin's egg blue), so no one noticed. Well, the Navy gal that was doing the customs check did. She smiled at me and said, "Ooooh, prettyyyy!" I then found that I can indeed blush. Everyone else was wrapped up in their own bags, so I don't think they noticed. She winked at me and told me to have a great trip back. So, long-windedness aside, you'll be fine over there - no matter what you bring.

Heck, I'd tell them I won the bet! :)

Kathi

Instead of waltzing in wearing a "beautiful gown" try strutting in wearing thigh high stilletto heeled boots, a tight black leather mini dress, an elaborate up do with heavy severe makeup--and oh yes, carrying a whip in your elegantly leather gloved fingers----the air force would promote you to general on the spot and you would have them all kneeling at your feet--:dom:

Teri Jean
06-17-2009, 06:24 AM
Deelane, wow, hi and what unit were you with? I was with the VA-155 Silverfoxes, stationed at NAS LeMoore, CA.

Keli

Ashleigh
06-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Reference your original post, I agree. It IS a nice color.

Hali
06-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Nice toes.

Am sure the excitements u experience at the Doctors was undescribeable giving the nature of ur girly body.

Vicky_Scot
06-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Probably will remain one of those military secrets!!! Good luck.

Your kidding right.

Xx Vicky xX

Kathi Lake
06-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Nice toes.

Am sure the excitements u experience at the Doctors was undescribeable giving the nature of ur girly body.Oh, it was describable all right. :) Here's what was going through my head in a stream-of-consciousness kind of way:

"Remove my clothes? Holy crap!!! What am I going to say?! Ummmm, lost a bet? No. That'll never work. My wife likes it that way? Hmmm. Maybe. Checking my chest now. Keep smiling. Nope. Nothing is wrong with my chest, Doc. It's normal that it's hairless, trust me. Another excuse. Let's see. How about, . . . hey, he just ran his hand across my calf. Did he seriously just run his hand across my calf?! Was it intentional?! Was he checking for moles, checking to see if I was as slick and hairless as I looked or doing something else?! Crap. He's smiling. He knows!! Oh man, do we have to do that?! Oh man, his hands are cold! Turn and cough? OK. Wow, that cough is about an octave higher than normal. Not surprising as the boys are pulling a turtle trying to get away from those cold hands. Think, girl!! What should you say? What? What's that? Remove my socks? Why not. Everything else is off. . . . . Oh s**t. My toenails are still polished. Well, if it wasn't obvious what I've been doing with my free time yet, it's about to. I wonder if he noticed the eyebrows? I wonder if he noticed the nails. Ah well. It's been a good 28 years. What's that? I can get dressed now? Here's where the hammer comes down. He's still smiling. Have a nice day? That's it? You just basically saw a guy that had more girly stuff done to him than most girls, and that's it? Have a nice day?! Oh, the hammer is going to fall. I just know it. Hmmmm. You know. He took that rather well. It's obvious he knows. I'm feeling that this just may stay with him until retirement. Woo hoo!!

Seriously though, did he really just caress my leg? Ewwww."

So, I would definitely say it was describable. :)

Kathi

TxKimberly
06-17-2009, 07:35 PM
. . . So, i would definitely say it was describable. :)

kathi

rofl

susie evans
06-17-2009, 10:47 PM
kathi

keep up the good work my wife and i just got back from fort benning as our middle son just got his wings , it was quite emotional as i made my first jump there 43 years ago now he is off to ranger school i don't think the old doc even cares

:hugs:....susie

Krystyna_Marie
06-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Kathi, your description kills. Hee hee hee!!!

Kisses! KM

Persephone
06-17-2009, 11:51 PM
So, I would definitely say it was describable. :)

Kathi
rofl

Rofl doesn't even begin to describe what happened to me!

Kathi, when you finally do decide to retire you have a second career as a writer.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
06-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Rofl doesn't even begin to describe what happened to me!

Kathi, when you finally do decide to retire you have a second career as a writer.

Hugs,
Persephone.Thanks! I was thinking children's books, perhaps. How about some titles;

Clarence the Clumsy Crossdresser

My Daddy Has a Funny Closet

Shopping With Daddy

Feel free to suggest your own!

Kathi

Cassiecd
06-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Kathi

I am retired military and I can sure relate to what a high stress event THAT must have been. I hope you can look back and smile a bit now. I assume no hammer fell...but wow..what a story.

maybee for next time/person:

"yea, my wife got crazy last night doc..but losing the hair was a small price to pay..the benefits out weighed the costs (wink)"

Cassie

p.s. OK, I cannot let this quote go dear:
"If it goes boom, I get to play with it"
Is it just my mind in the gutter? Mine goes boom sometimes!

"Mary"
06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Retired Army medical here.

I'm sure nothing will come of it. Privacy, better things to do, they've seen it all.

I'm continually surprised to see how many vets we have here.

Looking good Kathi.
Hooah!:heehee:

Jenny J
06-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks! I was thinking children's books, perhaps. How about some titles;

Clarence the Clumsy Crossdresser

My Daddy Has a Funny Closet

Shopping With Daddy

Feel free to suggest your own!

Kathi

Hi Kathi-

Good luck in your deployment and hope all goes well in the sandbox. I'm glad we have people like you protecting our country regardless of how they like to dress.

Thank you for also bringing up Cpl. Kinger, I do think he finally made Sergaent however. Of all the postings here and all the current and ex military that inhabit this space I don't think anyone has ever mentioned the country's most famous military crossdresser. Odd isn't it that it didn't get him thrown out of the Army either. :idontknow: Boy they sure were more tolerant back then. ;)

I think good title for your book would be "Daddy's Not a Dude" or "Daddy's Got Two Closets".

Once again, Good luck.

Jen

:rose2:

PretzelGirl
06-20-2009, 06:45 PM
I think good title for your book would be "Daddy's Not a Dude" or "Daddy's Got Two Closets".

"How come Daddy runs into the bedroom every time I come home?"

Kathi Lake
06-20-2009, 09:44 PM
"How come Daddy runs into the bedroom every time I come home?"Moo-ommmm! Aunt Daddy's wearing mommy stuff again. :)

Kathi

Penny
06-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Were you required to give a stool sample. Under the circumstances that would have been relatively easy!

:hugs:

Penny

Kathi Lake
06-20-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't know. My sphincter was probably tight enough to create a diamond from a lump of coal! (Yeah, I know. Ewww) :)

Kathi

Lauren415
06-20-2009, 11:33 PM
army infantry here. 11B

Monica_Cobblestone
06-27-2009, 02:01 PM
New age Navy here =). I got caught in full dress by my roommate when I lived in the barracks. Needless to say he told his LPO who told the dept Senior Chief, who then told my LPO, who then told me Chief haha. Nothing happened to me, but my chief always ask me if I'm wearing eyeliner lol. I'm deploying as well with the Army maybe we'll see eachother, but I'm sure we won't recognize eachother haha.

Hali
06-27-2009, 06:41 PM
wow! the Doc actually said have a nice day with a smile on his face, i hope it was that mischievious smile which "straight male" gave to any act of girliness by a guy.

Kathi u acted like a typical college girl undergoing strip search.

Angie G
06-27-2009, 08:14 PM
WOW that's scary and good luck hun.:hugs:
Angie

Kathi Lake
06-27-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm deploying as well with the Army maybe we'll see eachother, but I'm sure we won't recognize eachother haha.You never know. If you happen to see a gray-haired old Chief who is skinny beyond belief, give him a wave. If he gives you a cheery "Hey girlfriend!" it may be me. :)

wow! the Doc actually said have a nice day with a smile on his face, i hope it was that mischievious smile which "straight male" gave to any act of girliness by a guy.

Kathi u acted like a typical college girl undergoing strip search.I believe it was a "Yes, it's quite obvious who wears the dress in your family" smile. So far, so good. As for the "college girl/strip search" comment, can you explain further? I'm not sure what you mean. I guess at one point, I did kind of feel the fear of being a powerless woman/person who has to allow a man to touch her - professionally or not. It was kinda icky.

Kathi

Monica_Cobblestone
06-28-2009, 11:41 AM
You never know. If you happen to see a gray-haired old Chief who is skinny beyond belief, give him a wave. If he gives you a cheery "Hey girlfriend!" it may be me. :)

Kathi

Haha ok I'll keep an eye out :)

Kerrie Sifton
06-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Once again another story of an experience of being possibly outed.
Will it ever get to the point where toe nail polish and being shaven is seen as no big deal.
Besides I thought that the dont ask dont tell issue dealt with being gay not with what colour of panties you wore... lol!
:D

Juanita O
06-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi Kathi

I was in the Air Force from 1978-1981 and i was also in Munitions( Ammo troop)my AfSC was 461.

Kathi Lake
06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi Kathi

I was in the Air Force from 1978-1981 and i was also in Munitions( Ammo troop)my AfSC was 461.Hey Juanita! 462 here (which is now 2W1). I love playing with things that (can) go boom! :)

Kathi

TJ Tresa
07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I would have had an heart attack right there.