PDA

View Full Version : embarassing wal-mart experience

nikky
07-08-2005, 01:23 PM
so last night when i was at wal mart i decided to finally venure into the feminine section on my own. (done this before with an understanding gg, which is easy). anyway i picked out a really cute thong and tucked it into my hand cart. one the way to the front door i thought i would stop in the cosmetics section as i already had the thong. i found some french tips for my toenails, as well as fingernails and a cute shade of nail polish along with a pedicure kit and again tucked it all into my cart. feeling confident i strolled up to the self checkout and after scanning all items the thing broke down with like 5 people behind me. so the clerk came over and pulled all my items out of the bag :eek: and cleared the screen so she could re-do it all. i turned a bit red when the woman behind me took a look at the items and then me. oh well, she kind of cracked a grin that may not have been a discusted one. not that i care what people think of it all but everyone in this small town knows me so i really cant get away with anything. it seems people know things before i do. lol. anyway just thought i'd share the light humor, not on my end of course.

Heather Daniels
07-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Thats happened to me too Nikky. What can ya do except grin a bit.

Wendy me
07-08-2005, 01:43 PM
when shopping at wallmart or at the malls ...at the check out we do run into people or events that make us feel uncomftable ...just smile and get through it ...some times we read more into things than we need to....if you were getting oil at wallmart and a woman in line smiled at you no big deal ...but oh how our minds wonder when ewe are fem shopping.....

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-08-2005, 01:44 PM
dont worry about it,,, its their problem if they have small minds..

i myself go to a register where a HUMAN is working so i dont have to wait on a machine.. :D

Sophia Rearen
07-08-2005, 05:07 PM
I made my cosmetic purchases at Walmart which also included nails at the cashier. As I went to exit, those stupid alarms at the door went off. A young security guard had to search my bag. I just smiled throughout. :D

jo_ann
07-08-2005, 05:44 PM
self-checkout is a great way to shop without ridicule.... if the stupid things works.. seems like walmart has more problems (and filters for age-sensitive items) than any other store, just really annoying.

StephanieCD
07-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Kmart was having a huge sale - TONS of make up on super super clearance. I finally got some balls (heels) and picked some out.

Got to the counter and the smirking kid said "there's no sticker on this one, do you want it? Cuz I have to..."

"Nope. Don't care"

I was beet red and.. *sigh*

JenniRose
07-08-2005, 08:49 PM
We have several of these stores in town and the one closest to me is one I will never, ever step back inside.

I had picked up a few things, including a bra and some panties, but they were only two of probably forty plus items I had in my cart, many of them food.

Every thing was going well until the clerk got to the panties. She picked them up, waved them around then looked at me. She didn't say a thing, but grinned from ear to ear.

When she picked up the bra she looked at me and very, very loudly exclaimed, "I don't think this one is going to be big enough for you," then broke out laughing.

I was not as embarassed as put off with her actions. I'm not sure exactly what I said, but it was decent and detailed enough to let her know that her actions had just cancelled the entire order, but in a very loud tone that let other shoppers hear me.

She started complaining that I just could walk out, that she would have to have a supervisor clear her register, and probably more things that I didn't hear as I walked out.

It doesn't matter how you are dressed, or what you are buying, if the sales person/clerk is rude or totally inefficient, let the store know, not by complaining about the staff, but by walking out. It is the only thing they understand.

But, on the opposite note, there is a Wal-Mart on the other side of town that has always treated me with respect regardless of what I was buying.

It's not totally the store, it's who they hire. When you encounter a situation do not be embarassed, instead embarass the one who is trying to embarass you. It will make the entire world a better place.

tommyjay31
07-08-2005, 09:10 PM
oh my, that would be embarassing....i can totally relate....I am in radio and well-known in this small town, so I must be discreet when shopping as I could be fired if found out by boss.....grrrrrrr

I usually go to Walmart's 75 miles or so away and now Walmart has self-check out, so I look for the quickest line, (or preferably no line), scan my items and I'm out....and if someone questions me anyway, I say I'm shopping for the lady in my life.....trying to surprise her!

DanaJ
07-08-2005, 09:25 PM
oh my, that would be embarassing....i can totally relate....I am in radio and well-known in this small town, so I must be discreet when shopping as I could be fired if found out by boss.....grrrrrrrReally??? Why would you be fired? Do you have a "No-CD" clause in your contract? :)

DanaJ

tommyjay31
07-08-2005, 09:39 PM
^ I don't have a contract per se....and I don't know for 100% certainty if I'd be fired

there was one experience I had with my boss where I was wearing fake nails at work.....I had filed them to make them shorter and just nicer looking....and he had to approach me to ask what the deal was because office staff noticed and was "talking" and I lied/explained I was wearing them to try to break my nail biting habit..........anyway he bought the excuse, but still not pleasant...he was also concerned with me having fake nails on out in public representing his station, because of what it represents.

The whole conversation was uncomfortable and it sucked, so I'm not going thru it again

Billi49504
07-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Vote with your dollars$$$$. I had a clerk at Avenue who had to ask loudly if the skirt was for me,with the store full. I told her to cancel the order, pulled out my check book, wrote a check to pay off my charge card and asked to have it canceled. Needles to say, the store manager wanted to know what the problem was. I told her that they just lost a customer. I walk over to Lane Bryant, asked the clerk if she had a problem with me buying womens clothes for myself. She said she was there to sell clothes, and if I wanted to buy them, I was a customer. Also was I interested in opening a charge card, and get 15% off my first purchase. I now have a platinum card. I have shopped many different LB stores, and never had a problem. Now Fashion Bug i the same corp, and they gve me a headache. Oh well.....Billi

emmicd
07-08-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm at the point where I don't even give it a second thought anymore. I feel good now that I can shop for just about any femmme clothing. I enjoy shopping for dresses, bras and panties, juniors swimwear and women pants. I am starting to get a thrill when I go to the register to buy intimates.

Emmi

Ava Mouse
07-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Wow, did you know that the Fashion Bug in Port Angeles co-sponsor's our annual CD fashion show? They lend us outfits to wear, with the hope that some of us will buy them! :D

Yup, I did...

They LOVE Esprit, our annual crossdressing event and were soooo helpful with picking out outfits that match, fit & genuinely work with our styles and shapes...

But I guess it's up to the individual store managers & clerks, not neccessarily the chains...

Vote with your dollars$$$$. I had a clerk at Avenue who had to ask loudly if the skirt was for me,with the store full. I told her to cancel the order, pulled out my check book, wrote a check to pay off my charge card and asked to have it canceled. Needles to say, the store manager wanted to know what the problem was. I told her that they just lost a customer. I walk over to Lane Bryant, asked the clerk if she had a problem with me buying womens clothes for myself. She said she was there to sell clothes, and if I wanted to buy them, I was a customer. Also was I interested in opening a charge card, and get 15% off my first purchase. I now have a platinum card. I have shopped many different LB stores, and never had a problem. Now Fashion Bug i the same corp, and they gve me a headache. Oh well.....Billi

Sweet Jeanette
07-08-2005, 11:27 PM
It doesn't matter how you are dressed, or what you are buying, if the sales person/clerk is rude or totally inefficient, let the store know, not by complaining about the staff, but by walking out. It is the only thing they understand.

It's not totally the store, it's who they hire. When you encounter a situation do not be embarassed, instead embarass the one who is trying to embarass you. It will make the entire world a better place.

Someday, the RUDE neanderthals, who do this kind of thing to us,-----WILL LEARN, or Be Fired, when WE complain to the Manager!!!----WE ARE the Customer!!!----They NEED to learn that!!!---The best thing to do, is call for the store (not the department) Manager,---On The Spot!!!---Then, Raise General HELL!---Stall the checkout line,-Who cares!!!---Raise a Bitch, and DEMAND your rights!----The store will then do just about "Anything", to make you quiet, and give you what you want!----ANYTHING!---Just to get you OUT of the store!!!---And Yes. I know what I am talking about. -I used to work in Security at WalMart! :devious:

Robertacd
07-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Quite frankly I don't shop at Walmart anymore. Their clothing selection is flat out hedious, and of second rate quality. I bought two identical name brand bras one at Walmart one at Kmart. The walmart one looked like an "Irregular" that you would get at a factory outlet store. The seams were not straight and the edges were uneven. Their prices are not really that good when you consider the low quality.

Sweet Jeanette
07-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Quite frankly I don't shop at Walmart anymore. Their clothing selection is flat out hedious, and of second rate quality. I bought two identical name brand bras one at Walmart one at Kmart. The walmart one looked like an "Irregular" that you would get at a factory outlet store. The seams were not straight and the edges were uneven. Their prices are not really that good when you consider the low quality.

Poor people cannot be so picky!----You did not say anything about what you got at K-Mart!---Do they compare?---K-Mart IS slightly "higher dollar"!

Robertacd
07-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Poor people cannot be so picky!----You did not say anything about what you got at K-Mart!---Do they compare?---K-Mart IS slightly "higher dollar"!

Hon... I am the cheepest S.O.B. when it comes to Roberta shopping. One of my main Roberta shopping rules is to never pay full price for anything. If you take the time to look and watch for sales you can find actual name brand first quality merchandise for less money than the crap they sell at Walmart. Same goes for clearence stores like Ross and TJ-Max. So don't give me that poor people need Walmart crap.

BTW: The K-Mart one was the quality you would expect an item being sold as NEW (not factory seconds). They were both Playtex everyday basics bras and the one at K-Mart while its normal price was higher than Walmart was on sale and the sale price was less than Walmart.

Sweet Jeanette
07-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Wal-Mart ran K-Mart out of our town. Now, we have to drive 52 miles, one way, just to visit a K-Mart. I live in the "Weeds" you know.---104 miles round trip, to save a buck or two, versus gas; well now, what do you think?---We don't have new, fuel efficient cars either. Our latest is a 1995 Corsica. ---And gas is 2.29 a gallon here!-Im sure it's higher where you are.------Where IS the savings today? :confused:

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-09-2005, 08:23 AM
my wife works for wal-mart,,i have not noticed any differance in the quality of their stuff,,

as for gas prices....my car is a 1978 LAND YACHT,,,Mercury Grand Marquis with a 6.6L 400 CID engine and gets about 8 gallons to the mile :p ,, how ever if anyone was to run into me in their little matchbox car...............

StephanieCD
07-09-2005, 10:04 AM
I think I've posted before that - one of us would have a serious case for discrimination if they were mocked or ridiculed by store clerks because we were buying feminine items. It'd make the news and everything though - that's why it hasn't happened, ya know? I'd be afraid to say anything. But just think how bad it'd be for walmart or someone to have a public lawsuit for discriminating against a shopper for purchasing a bra or lipstick! I bet they'd offer $$ to shut up ;)

Then again - poverty breeds evil thoughts in me sometimes.

Damn the man, keepin' us down!

eileen1969
07-09-2005, 03:24 PM
I recall those times when peeps where looking at my purchases, I thought omg!~ especailly when they check for specials and ask a guy to come and double check the price of my pantyhose? omg I thought~ Its mostley women that are nice but hey don t get me wrong there are some natsy bitches out there! I love those ones that get jelous of me! By all means I got my laser sharp faster than the speed of light, sound, and any other B~ ATCH who thinks other wise! ;) :p :cool:

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-12-2005, 11:54 AM
like i had said b4 my wife works for walmart and she told me last night that since she is working the service desk now she sees the people as they walk in her store and has found that there r a few cds who frequent her store.. :D

Krystal Lee
07-12-2005, 12:41 PM
More than once I have felt uncomfortable checking out but usually it's just me ( you know those jitters). Once I was buying some open toe sandals and when the girl scanned them she looked at me and said "you will look good in these" "I replied do you think so" she laughed and went on with the order. Two or three people were in line behind me and I wondered what they thought. It seemed a flippant answer was the way to go in that situation so thats what I did. Hugs Krystal. :rolleyes:

Deborah757
07-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I have been shopping in public now for about 20 years. In all that time I was only laughed at once, and that was by a woman whose small son was pointing at me while I was looking at lingere. While I have always been in drab I have never had a clerk say or do anything rude. I don't think most of them care, or if they do they are to polite to say so.

Maria2004
07-12-2005, 08:59 PM
I was up in western New York a few months ago helping out my wife's parents. I had to go to the local Wal-Mart and get some mundane items and decided to check out some womens boots, I had 2 black pair, and I wanted a brown pair, found some on sale my size and also picked out a black slip with a single rose lightly embroidered on it (also on sale). Searching for the shortest check out line I spotted a woman behind one of the registers that snagged my attention. Tall, lovely, late 20s+. I joned up on the line to get a closer look. She gave me the impression of someone, intelligent, educated, and tough, no push over, my kinda girl, and totally out of place behind a cash register at Wal-Mart and she looked pissed off that she was there too.

I was en drab, have always bought my stuff that way, when the femm items came up for scanning, it was my opportunity to talk to her. I smiled and said "these arent for me" in manner that indicated they where for me. She smiled for the first time I had been watching her, lifted her eyes to me and said with perfect timing and inflection, "that's what they all say". I busted out laughing, it was priceless. If I wasn't already in love and married, I would have asked her out on the spot. I wished her a "great day!". I think she was still smiling when I left :cool:

joni-alice
07-13-2005, 02:44 AM
was my lightning pass through wal-mart's women's second last nite -- oh, just wanted a gown and maybe panties, but knew the second item would be too much for me to obtain. But I'm too new at this, too self-conscious. Reading posts over last month or two has helped me, but I ain't there yet at all. Tried out of town once too. Same thing. glad to know, by reading your posts, that some of my fears aren't just in my mind. On the other hand, enjoy the spunk of those that can just shop at ease. Also get an addition female envy -- for any one of the gg that I see can buy anything they want without anyone looking askance.

Amber5
07-13-2005, 02:50 AM
We have several of these stores in town and the one closest to me is one I will never, ever step back inside.

I had picked up a few things, including a bra and some panties, but they were only two of probably forty plus items I had in my cart, many of them food.

Every thing was going well until the clerk got to the panties. She picked them up, waved them around then looked at me. She didn't say a thing, but grinned from ear to ear.

When she picked up the bra she looked at me and very, very loudly exclaimed, "I don't think this one is going to be big enough for you," then broke out laughing.

I was not as embarassed as put off with her actions. I'm not sure exactly what I said, but it was decent and detailed enough to let her know that her actions had just cancelled the entire order, but in a very loud tone that let other shoppers hear me.

She started complaining that I just could walk out, that she would have to have a supervisor clear her register, and probably more things that I didn't hear as I walked out.

But, on the opposite note, there is a Wal-Mart on the other side of town that has always treated me with respect regardless of what I was buying.

You could always pm me who and what store, as I work for Wal~Mart and could make surew they are talked to.

Amber5
07-13-2005, 02:53 AM

Sorry, but in that regard Wal~Mart is much better then Kmart.

Kris_newCD
07-13-2005, 11:02 AM
One thing I do is I make a list, a DETAILED list of what I want/need. Then, when I go to the store, I get a sales lady to assist me as it's for my gf/wife. When they ask me sizes, I just give them the "beats the heck outta me" look. I tell them she likes to wear my jeans and shirts, just that her chest is bigger then mine and she has a bad habit of cutting her tags out of her clothes as it irritates her skin. I know her undies sizes, so thats not a prob (after all, I am a guy,lol) but outer wear, beats me. Makeup, I make sure I have the colors and brands down, so the sales lady can assist. Same way I got my wig, told the salesman it was for my wife who is in cosmetology and has been practicing on her manniken head, and wanted to try different types of hair. I even got a discount at the store. Next time, I will get a real hair wig instead of synthetic, lol. But I did enjoy it. Sometimes ya gotta be a little bit sneaky, lol.

unclejoann
07-13-2005, 11:41 AM
If it really is too embarassing to purchase request a gift receipt. that way you have said upfront that it's not for you and that you probably aren't sure the size is right.

I have never had problems like some of these stories, but I am still a little shy about buying. Just look dumb, they all assume men are any way.