PDA

View Full Version : Interesting day today

Tracii G
06-13-2009, 09:01 PM
I was out doing my weekly guitar and related scrounging and went into one pawn shop that I have been to many times and a revelation hit me in the face.
The guy that runs the place is very cool and we have chatted a few times and I never put two and two together.
The guy has arched eyebrows light make up,eyeliner,mascara and a very nice sassy permed curly red hair.
No hair on the arms and very nice fingernails with light pink fingernail polish.
Very cute/handsome as well.
I so wanted to say something but there were tons of people in the store and I didn't get a chance to ask any questions.I couldn't tell if he was FtM or MtF.
What a quandry huh?Very nice either way.
He gave me his phone number if I had any guitar related gear for sale he might be interested in.
I want to be tactful when asking Q's any ideas?

Tanya C
06-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Well, there are telltale signs and then there are neon signs.
As an ice breaker try asking her what shade of nail polish she uses.

Good luck

Tanya

Tracii G
06-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Well he's got neon signs thats for sure.
I should have just come out and asked.
He did tell me about a pink guitar he had and I said pinks a great color I love pink.
I'm sure he noticed my girly jeans, ankle braclets and pinky ring.
Makes me wish I had on sandals so my pink toenails were showing.
There is next time so no worries.
Just don't know why I never caught on.

Evelyn74
06-13-2009, 10:33 PM
that is great just take it cool.

vivianann
06-14-2009, 04:17 AM
The next time you go in that pawn shop you should wear mascara and lite makeup, and some light pink or tan nail polish, and see what kind of reaction you get, I would.:D

kaitlin
06-14-2009, 09:03 AM
The next time your there, if it isn't busy ask about what type of nail polish he uses or the type of eye liner and if it is busy, write your name and number on a note with something like "your Cute" and just slip it to him and walk out. It has worked in the past for me! I almost want to ask where this pawn shop is, but I'd better stay on my side of the border, haha.

Christina Horton
06-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I think the reason you never saw the sings is cuz you don't judge people like that.

First Q)

1) were you in drab or dressed.

2) was he , he or she looking.

3) do you want to date, or just befriend him?

I only ask the last one cuz one of the girls said for you to leave a note saying " your cute". He might be gay but he might be hetro. I would not go the note route.

If you allways go in there in drab I would go in dressed then talk to him near closeing time so you might go for coffie so you two can talk. Just my :2c: worth.

Tracii G
06-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Good points Christina thank you.
I was my usual, girls jeans and gender neutral top/shoes.
Date? no just befriend.
I'm sure he noticed my attire.
Great idea Viv I will do that thanks.

Dana Lane
06-14-2009, 02:42 PM
He could have also been androgynous.

Chrissie P
06-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I would do what Tanya said. Go in when it is not busy. You know her(him) already, so throw out a compliment as an icebreaker. That will make things comfortable for both of you.

Go Girl !!

Tracii G
06-14-2009, 09:23 PM
I agree Chrissy I will do that.

Billijo49504
06-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Try going in in gurl mode and reintroduce yourself...BJ

Sharon B.
06-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Like Kaitlin, I interested in knowing where this pawn shop is located.

DonnaT
06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
He could have also been androgynous.

I agree.

Not everyone who has an appearance in the manner you described is trans or a CD.

If you think you know him well enough, just come right out and ask him if you can ask something personal. If he's OK with it, then ask him.