PDA

View Full Version : Needs Wig Advice

Lisa Marie
07-08-2005, 01:27 PM
When purchasing a wig. Are you supposed to go by your own hair color? Or do you just pick out any kind of color. Angie :confused:

Lindahexi
07-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi AngieMarie, there have been other threads on this subject, and I'm no expert, but I don't think it matters about your own hair colour, as long as you purchase a full wig, and none of your own hair will show. I have only purchased two wigs, one was a blonde bob, the other a long black one with centre parting. The blond one looked great, the black awful. So if possible going to a CD friendly salon that will let you try various styles and colours is the best way.

Julie York
07-08-2005, 02:34 PM
The fun of it is you can chose any colour you fancy. But you should maybe try one that suits your general colouring. If you have brown eyes go for a darker wig. If you have blue eyes try a lighter one.
It depends on the effect you are after.

DanaJ
07-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I agree! On of the fun things about wigs is that you can try differnt colors and styles - so experiment, have fun! Of course, some wigs and colors look absolutely horrible on me, and some look better....

DanaJ

liz lesbow
07-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Well I bought my first wig yesterday and also bought one for my wife. She chose a dirty blond color and matched her hair exactly. I chouse a light reddish auburn brown one that was about six shades lighter than my brown hair. It depends on you personal choice. I found out when I got home that mine goes good with the darker shades of lipstick but not well with pink (my favorite) or red (my second favorite) So now I will go back and buy a blond or dark brown wig so I can wear my favorite lipstick. .

I also found that the shop sells woman’s wigs to men frequently. Or in the cosmetologists words Oh Yeh I sell lots of them to men. I like them they just pick out one and buy it and are gone in minutes. So do not be shy just call down to the local wig shop ask in your best manly voice for an appointment and also if you are shy ask if they have a private room for fittings. I came right out and told the first shop that I wanted a wig. She said she owned a boutique for woman and did not serve men. She asked me if I wanted suggestion on where to go and I of course said yes. This was all over the phone. She suggested “lorel wigs”. one hour later I have my first wig. Yep I was in the car within 5 minutes of her telling me where to go. But then I get excited over the littlest things.

Also , I found it important to try them on although the cosmetologist was quick to say I was big framed and had a round face so I needed a shoulder length wig not a short haired wig. I would have gotten a short one over the internet and been disappointed. Also she gave me lots of tips on brushing it out, offered to thin it or trim it if I wanted it done in a few weeks.

Life is to short . Wear your feelings on your sleeve and you will always know who you are and you will never feel lost.

Tristen Cox
07-08-2005, 06:30 PM
You might want to take your eyebrows into account. Blonde hair and brown brows don't always go as an example. If you're dark haired try sticking with dark colors and see what you can find:)