PDA

View Full Version : Great Bathroom Debate of 2006

dawnmarrie1961
06-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Is it OK for CD to use the "LADIES" room? Or is it a definite "No.NO!"?
(It's a question that has probably been asked before. But lets do it again anyway.)

OK. Lets get on with it.

I'll start.:D

For me the answer is: No. I ain't got no business going in there! I doesn't matter what I look like or what junk I've got down there.:o It is illegal & improper!:eek:

Opinions may vary I'm sure....on this "The Great Bathroom Debate.":devil:

Actually if you haven't been in there already you really aren't missing out on much. It may smell cleaner but it's hard to find a toilet seat that isn't broken.:doh:

lottarosie70
06-14-2009, 01:31 AM
i'm with you. despite how i may be dressed, i AM a man. therefore, must use the men's restroom. it may cause a double take or twelve, but with my long hair, that happens anyway.

AllieSF
06-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Here in California you can legally use the restoroom for the sex that you are presenting. Therefore, when dressed as a woman, I use the women's room. I went back to Michigan this year and asked what is the custom there in the Gay/lesbian/drag bars that I went to. They said use the one you want, so I used the woman's room along with all the other "girls" with no problems. If it is lillegal somewhere, then I would have to consider that plus the place that I am in and the need to go.

tricia_uktv
06-14-2009, 03:07 AM
I use the Ladies when I'm out dressed, and I sit down like a good girl. Thetre are no issues

RobertaM
06-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Hey if I'm dressed as a girl, mentally trying to be a girl,, I'm using the girls.

subaru_forster
06-14-2009, 05:07 AM
I like to make mental note of where the unisex bathrooms are, just because it's most comfortable to avoid a dilemma such as this altogether. I don't personally use the Ladies room ever.

But I have no moral problem with others using the Ladies room if they are presenting as female, and are just going about their business. There are fewer jurisdictions with legal ramifications against this sort of thing than a lot of people assume. I suppose the best restroom to use, in any case, is the one that will draw the least attention to you.

Sheila
06-14-2009, 05:21 AM
if you are presenting as female then I have no objection at all to you using the ladies ............. after all we are all in there for the same reason :D

And to be honest I would be more worried for your safety when presenting as female if you used the male assigned rest rooms

Nicki B
06-14-2009, 05:38 AM
(It's a question that has probably been asked before. But lets do it again anyway.)

If you have a look, you'll find it's about once every three or four weeks.. EVERY three or four weeks.

Why 2006????

Emma England
06-14-2009, 07:40 AM
How many times more will this question arise?

It is simple, if you appear as a woman, then you use the ladies room.

dawnmarrie1961
06-14-2009, 08:03 AM
If you have a look, you'll find it's about once every three or four weeks.. EVERY three or four weeks.
Why 2006????

Because the 6 looks like a 9 when you are standing on your head ! :D
Yeah, I had a feeling that the question was repeated constantly.:doh:
And I expected most of the answers to be exactly what they are. No shocker to me that most CDers don't think twice about entering "no man's land".:Angry3:
Seems like there is no line that won't be crossed.

At work at have no second thoughts about stepping into the "men's" room. Sure I get the double takes. Guys quickly looking at the label on the door to confirm that they are in the correct laboratory (I had to log out & reboot my computer because I couldn't get my "period"! What a bummer !!!) ......................... (That's better.) ................(Oh NO!!! Now it won't stop!!!!) .........(That's better. For a moment there I thought I was going to have to reach for a pad!):devil::devil::devil:

Angie G
06-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Mens rooms and ladies room were made so you don't see each other's business. Is it that much of a big deal to use a ladies room.:hugs:
Angie

Cheryl T
06-14-2009, 08:30 AM
In Jersey it's legal and some areas like Macy's even have a sign posted outside the bathrooms stating the law.
I would never use the men's room when I go out. I don't need that kind of problem.

My feeling is that if you go in the ladies room, do your business and leave, no one will mind. I've been there when it was very busy, mom's with kids and all and no one raised an eyebrow. Just ... NO Lingering...don't make yourself look like a perv...just use the facility and leave.

TGMarla
06-14-2009, 08:33 AM
But why are we having this debate? This is the 2006 debate! We should have the 2009 debate instead. And in 2009, I'm guessing that if I strolled into the men's room wearing a dress and heels, I might as well hang a "Please beat the s**t out of me!" sign around my neck.

So ladies' room it is!

dawnmarrie1961
06-14-2009, 08:35 AM
How many times more will this question arise?

It is simple, if you appear as a woman, then you use the ladies room.

Simpler & easier doesn't make it right. :doh:
It is matter of "respect". I respect the opposite gender, other wise I wouldn't be trying so hard to emulate them, therefore I have to put up with a little discomfort.:eek:

Then there is the enviable: "But I'm passing! How are they going to know?":eek:

You know.

What difference does it make? It makes all the difference. As with anything, there must be limitations. Lines that should not be crossed. Part of accepting ourselves is accepting that we have these limitations.

Otherwise there can be nothing but "anarchy":devil::devil::devil:....dog sleeping with cats & the like.

But why are we having this debate? This is the 2006 debate! We should have the 2009 debate instead. And in 2009, I'm guessing that if I strolled into the men's room wearing a dress and heels, I might as well hang a "Please beat the s**t out of me!" sign around my neck.

So ladies' room it is!

I would hope that that wouldn't ever happen. Best thing to do is use the bathroom before going anywhere.

Here in California you can legally use the restoroom for the sex that you are presenting. Therefore, when dressed as a woman, I use the women's room. I went back to Michigan this year and asked what is the custom there in the Gay/lesbian/drag bars that I went to. They said use the one you want, so I used the woman's room along with all the other "girls" with no problems. If it is lillegal somewhere, then I would have to consider that plus the place that I am in and the need to go.

Just because the "law" says it is OK doesn't make it right.
If the law said it was OK to steal, and in some cases it does, would that make it OK to take something that doesn't belong to you?

Girls, we really need to think about this.
That is probably why they question seems to come up so often.

It is time to give it back! Give back the "LADIES" room to the gender that it belongs to!! And take the "Oath. No matter what. I've got no business going in there!"

Cross your legs ,ladies, and hold it! I'm on a mission here.A crusade.

If there was a ever a list of do's & don't's for CDers , using the bathroom for your correct, not perceived, genetic gender, should be at the very top. Next to: I will respect the gender I am trying to impersonate & do no thing to disgrace them or cause them undue harm.

Sheila
06-14-2009, 09:11 AM
using the bathroom for your correct, not perceived, genetic gender, should be at the very top. Next to: I will respect the gender I am trying to impersonate & do no thing to disgrace them or cause them undue harm.

but we GG's have no objection ......... or don't our votes count :confused:

dawnmarrie1961
06-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Some subjects just aren't "worth" bringing up....again...and again.

And so the "The great debate of 2006 ( OK. My Bad. 2009) ends with an unofficial whimper to the realm of obscurity where it belongs.

Nuff said.

You count. Of course. And I appreciate your view. But you, as with me, do not represent the voice of others. We can only speak for ourselves.

Views and beliefs are the core of who we are. They are the unmeasurable mushy stuff that binds us & guides us.

Nicki B
06-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I believe now that somethings are just not open to "Debate".

Umm - so why start one, if you're unwilling to have people express differing views from yours? :idontknow:

Arguing solely on the basis of 'because it's right' doesn't really win people over, either? :sad:

Nor refusing to accept other people's desired gender...

If you think respect is so important, surely you have to offer it to others, too?

Nicole Erin
06-14-2009, 09:53 AM
2006 - the number of time this restroom subject has come up.

YES YES YES they count absolutely! :eek:

[sweating bullets and hoping that doesn't give birth to another "how come GG's get bashed all the time" thread]

jennifer easton
06-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Now I'm realy cornfuesed!!!!! why even bring it up??????? Jennifer

Sharon
06-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm confused as well. And seeing that we have 9,325 other "ladies room" threads (give or take), this thread be done.