PDA

View Full Version : Hard day

JulieP
06-15-2009, 02:14 PM
well after spending at least an hour crying trying to think of how i will tell my parents and the ex-wife i finally just sent them off an email with a link to my myspace page. i just got off the phone with the ex and she wasn't in the least bit surprised and was almost expecting it. she also sugested that i try to get into some kind of therapy. i told her that i was trying. i have not heard a peep from my parents and that kind of scares me, ok it terrifies me. the last thing i want is to loose my parents but at the same time i have to be who i am.

DonnaT
06-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi "neighbor".

Looking at your page, mmmm, probably not the best way to inform your folks, but too late now.

I don't know how your parents will react, but don't wait on them to respond. You've started the ball rolling, so you need to follow up with calling them, or going to see them.

They'll have a lot of questions, most likely, so don't leave them wondering.

JulieP
06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
as soon as my phone has recharged fully i will be calling them. looking back i see it may not have been good to show them the page first thing but honestly at the time i couldn't think of the words.

JulieP
06-15-2009, 03:00 PM
mom hadn't read the email yet cause dad forgot to tell her about it. gawd if this day contiues like this i'm gonna end up pukeing from the knots and emotional roller coaster.

tricia_uktv
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Wow, your in a mess and haven't thought it out quite right. You may be able to backtrack and blame the Internet. You might not get away with it though. Time is important. Unless you are coming out in style the only way to tell people is word to word. Goog luck hon!

JulieP
06-15-2009, 03:29 PM
she is ok with it but won't tell dad. she is worried for me and tells me no matter what she will alway love me no matter my choice. i wish my dad felt the same but it's still better than to be alone.

Joni Marie Cruz
06-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi Julie-

<big hug> Hon, I wish you the best of luck. For my money this is the kind of thing you do in person, face to face, not an email with a link. But not to worry yourself sick, I mean what can you do now but go forward. Tell your folks you really want to talk to them both and apologize for the shock it almost certainly caused. Then be prepared to answer questions, all kinds. Oh, and let them know it wasn't something they "did" and it isn't some fault or failing of their's. Hell, it's not a fault or failing at all, it's just an "is".

Either way, girl, the cat's out of the bag and you just have to see what winds up in the litterbox. I do wish you and your folks the very best. It ain't easy being a girl.

Hugs...Joni Mari

****Sorry, just missed your last post. I'm so glad your Mom is handling it well. Good luck with your Dad, guys find it harder to deal with than women.