PDA

View Full Version : Well... issues...

jamiethelanky
06-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Basically, I crossdress but only occasionally and always privately. My parents knew I did it when I was younger and my partner doesn't know. I want to occasionally wear out in public, but only certain things (like a skirt on a hot, sunny day) and don't want to go completely en femme (personal preference). I quite firmly identify as male, and always note myself when crossdressing as a man in women's clothing.

I have no courage to do so.

Sarah Doepner
06-15-2009, 02:50 PM
There are options for you.

Don't go out. That's the simplest, although it's probably not what you want to hear.
Find a quiet outdoor area and change once you get there and feel there won't be anyone to disturb you.
Go to a camping store and find one that has hiking skirts for men. They are pricey, but may work. This would be even better if you are know as an outdoors person.
Wait for a few more years and see how you feel about it then. Chances are you will get a little more into dressing.
Find a local TG support group and see what suggestions they may have for you.
Good Luck

DonnaT
06-15-2009, 02:55 PM
There are guys like us out there. And it can take some courage to just go out in a skirt, but we do do it. I reckon a bit depends on where you live on whether you can do it or not, safely.

At some point, you might do like I did, and just say, f-it, I'm gonna do it, and then do. I've not had any problems, and have got more audible notice when dressed fully enfemme.

Joanne f
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
In theory it should be a lot more easier and natural to just put on a skirt and go out (and a lot do ) but i think in practice it can take a lot more courage to do it as you are seen and recognised as you.
If you wear something like a denim or cargo skirt or even one of the modern types of kilt like the UtiliKilts or like Sarah has said a hiking skirt which can be very kilt like will pass in a lot of place`s.
If you do decide to do it then be confident and just be careful where you go .

DinaMature
06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
join one of the renaissance reenactment societies or a scottish group... one one get you license for flowing robes, the other a scratchy wool skirt. Both would allow hairy legs.

take these seriously or not.... they are viable

trannie T
06-15-2009, 05:02 PM
The first time out is a terrifying but rewarding experience. It takes a lot of courage to go out the door. If you really want to go out decide on a venue where you will be comfortable. You will have a good time.

dawnmarrie1961
06-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Jamie, If you have found that "comfort zone" then be there is no need to take it any further. It's all about how "YOU" feel. Don't worry about the "courage" thing. Just like the Lion in the Wizard of OZ. You had it all along!

Nicole Erin
06-15-2009, 08:22 PM
A skirt or a pair of heels seem to draw more attention than any other femme article.

I have heard it argued that the threshold between being CD'ed and not CD'ed is the skirt. One of my friends on this forum argued that with me when I told her that even en femme I prefer jeans over a skirt.

Certain articles of femme clothing could make someone nervous to wear more so than others...

For me, I will wear pretty much any respectable top and not think twice but femme shoes or a skirt - I get self-conscious... I have no probs wearing makeup when I want but would be too nervous to paint my nails...

The thing to do is figure out what type of femme things would set off your insecurities if you are worried about going out.

There is always that "underdressing" thing where you would wear bra, panties, and or pantyhose under your male garb but that is no fun.