PDA

View Full Version : From the mouths of babes

KatieC
06-15-2009, 02:59 PM
It's often amusing what young children ask or say in their youthful innocence of not "knowing better than to say that!" Unless it's my kid who said it; then it's sort of exasperating because I have to be the one to tell him "don't say that, you might embarrass/offend someone."

For a little background, I've hair long hair ever since graduate school. I've only cut it short twice since; once for my first out-of-school interviews, and again for my wedding. I usually wear it in a pony-tail to keep it out of my eyes. Rarely does anyone comment on it.

Except this weekend, at a birthday party for one of my six-year-old's friends.

Little six-year-old boy: Why do you have a ponytail?

Me: Because I have long hair, and it'd be in my face if I didn't, and then I wouldn't be able to see.

Little boy (after a pause to digest that): Why is your hair long?

Me: Because I'd look silly with short hair.

I'm not sure where the questions might have gone next, as my own six-year-old started pulling me toward the door to go home. I had to laugh at the whole thing, though. Kids!

tricia_uktv
06-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I was walking through a dodgy estate when I heard some little footsteps behind me. She tapped on my shoulder and I turned round. She was about six.
"You're not a real girl are you?"
"Sssshh don't tell anybody" My manicured fingers cut my lips and I smiled.
She ran off to her friends. I walked down the road. About a minute later I heard a loud cry from a soft voice.
"I've told someone!"

Beautiful

Teri Jean
06-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Last Halloween I was dressed as a wench and a little girl stopped for treats when she looked at me and said "are you a girl tonight?" to which I said I guess so. Her mom was right there and smiled. Babes, what can you say, they are so innocent.

Keli

Emma England
06-16-2009, 07:51 AM
So, why do you look silly with short hair? :heehee:

Karen C
06-16-2009, 08:02 AM
My son is seven and the other day he said daddy your hair is long you look like a girl with long hair . This promted a discusion and I told him some people have long hair, some short ,some people have beards, some mustashes . were all defferent . but ill always be your daddy and ill always love you . He then asked me what was for dinner .

KatieC
06-16-2009, 11:23 AM
So, why do you look silly with short hair? :heehee:

I have a bit of a cowlick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowlick) near the base of my hairline in the back. I either have to have my hair cut extremely short (ewww) or let it grow well past my collar, or it sticks out in odd directions. :heehee: