PDA

View Full Version : Being a girl abroad

julie0110
06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I have just read on Teletext that women face prosecution if they go topless in certain countries. Have any girls encountered similar problems?

Just curious.

Love

Julie

X X X

:hugs:

Kathi Lake
06-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I did some serious crossdressing in Korea. The Korean ladies loved it. The men? Not so much. If you look at their culture - and the way they view women - you would understand. The ladies that spoke English often wondered why I would want to appear as a woman since, in their eyes, were viewed as less than the men. I told them that women in America, while unfortunately not viewed as total equals in all parts of the country yet, were viewed as a lot closer than their Korean counterparts.

Going out, I never got in trouble (certainly not arrested - but I kept my top on :)), and the ladies seemed to mother and protect me.

Kathi

dawnmarrie1961
06-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Corpus Christi on spring break. No prosecution down here in south texas. A little flash now and then is encourged & expected. You get free drinks that way.

Ralph
06-16-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't know the answer, but your thread title reminds me of one of my favorite routines from Puke & Snot:

"Where have you been?"
"I have been abroad!"
"Ah, so the operation was a success!"

... so my first thought when I saw "Being a girl abroad" was "isn't that redundant?"

MissConstrued
06-16-2009, 03:59 AM
A girl? A broad? A broad girl?

You can be a broad abroad, but not a girl agirl...

Maybe a bra'd broad broad abroad?

QZ2
06-16-2009, 05:43 AM
There a lot of transvestites in Thailand and most of them look real good. They can be topless on the street because they are "guys" but it is illegal (but not always enforced) for a woman to be topless in public.

Susie

Georgia Rose
06-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Look up any good travel guide and it will give you the answers. Topless would be frowned on in most asian countries and certainly in any with a significant muslim population.

Christina Horton
06-16-2009, 06:23 AM
in ontairo Canada it's legile but in the years I have been driving I have never seen any woman top less. Not on the street any way.