PDA

View Full Version : Very depressed, packed most everything away...

StephanieH
06-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Just wanted to vent, sorry. Had a real bummer of a weekend and something of a reality check I suppose. We're working on selling our house, and I decided to unclutter my closet to make it look bigger. So, I packed up almost all of my girl clothes, most of which I noted have never been worn, put away the shoes, and packed it all up in a huge plastic tub and stuck it all in the attic - presumably I'll get it back out someday.

It was sobering for me because it made me realize just how long it's been since I fully dressed or put on makeup and such. It's been probably over a year since I did the whole gig, simply because there hasn't been the opportunity (married, kids, activities, etc.) Most of the clothes I bought on clearance racks and stuff, and most of them still had the tags on them. I've never been out in public, although I think I could pass and I'm close enough to New Orleans that it wouldn't matter if I didn't anyway! :heehee:

Wifey has always been supportive of my little peculiarity, but she's not getting that this is something I'd like to do a whole lot more often. I still underdress regularly and have way more panties than I'll ever need (still buying them too - I'm addicted), but as far as putting on the heels, wearing a nice dress, or a cool business suit with big ear rings, etc., all those days are seemingly gone for the foreseeable future and that's seriously bringing me down. Plus, I just had my 45th birthday last week, so that's not helping matters either - I ain't getting any younger!

Sorry to vent, just wanted to see if anyone else has ever put things away for a while and then been able to pick them back up later. Thanks to all, take care and God bless! :sad:

Joni Marie Cruz
06-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Randi-

<big hug> We have all had to have downtimes in our lives, I doubt there's very many in the group who have been able to have things just the way they might like all the time. One good thing, it doesn't sound like you have to purge, so just save the girlstuff for when the time is right again. Family obligations always come first, no matter what. It's nice to have an understanding wife, isn't it?

And don't let that age thing throw you, I was over 50 before I really gave in and started actually going out as my real self. Other than the occasional stroll around the block at 3AM, of course. And fwiw, I have a bunch of clothes with the tags still on them, too. Not so much to do with ability to get out as with poor shopping impulse control.

Best of luck, don't lose touch with your girlside. Send her some flowers or get her something nice once in awhile.

Hugs...Joni Mari

gennee
06-16-2009, 04:13 PM
I sold my house four years ago and I know how time consuming that is. Best take care of the personal stuff first.

As far as dressing goes, I had to go out in public because I wasn't content being in the closet. It was the best move I made. Don't worry, in time you'll get back to dressing. THe fact that your wife is supportive is a plus. I started dressing 4 years ago at age 56. I will be 61 in August and I'm out quite a bit. My wife is supportive.

Gennee

TGMarla
06-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling down, Randi. Please try to find your happiness in your family, since they are taking so much of your time. The urge to dress comes and goes, and when I don't much feel like dressing, that's fine. When it comes back, I can haul everything back out again, and enjoy dressing once again. But you should not let it affect your overall mood. Depression is an awful thing, and you should turn away from it at all costs. Look for your happiness, and embrace it.

Gisele
06-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Randi,
Sugar you will be just fine. You really don't need to go "full tilt" when dressing. hell, just wearing panties is enough for alot of us. I pretty much think of myself as a woman and I may dress all out about twice a month.

At times I would love to just pack everything up and send it overseas. LOL
I just can't get rid of who I am and always will be. I say take a break and have some guy time and enjoy the both of our worlds.

It will work out for you! oh, and happy birthday!!!!! I'll be hitting 43 this Aug. I know how you are feeling.

Take care & Love, Gisele

dawnmarrie1961
06-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Have a beer with me, now,you will feel better. (Not trying to advocate drinking. )
Today's been a bummer for me too.
Here's hoping tommorrow is a little better.

Alice B
06-16-2009, 08:15 PM
All I can say it that I was over 60 when I started, so age is not a factor. I often go for months not dressed and then The Urge steps up to the plate. I only purged once and quickly realized that that was a stupid idea. Having a wife that understands is a great help. but it took time to get to that point. You will drag those tubs out, so don't bury them too deep.:hugs:

Farrah
06-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Girl, I knowthe feeling. I purged a few months ago and the way things look, i will not be fully dressing anytime soon either. Its such a bummer, especially when I come here and see all the other girls having so much fun. However, I can't be jealous. I've come to the realization that I'll get my chance again. I just have to be patient and wait until my time comes, so I can shine!!