PDA

View Full Version : You wanna stop ????

Shelly67
06-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Well , I think I,ve unearthed the secret to stopping crossdressing . And I hate it . It comes in many forms , but I think its described as unwanted stress and worry . For me its a reality check as my employment I fear is about to cease - redundant . The chances of finding a new job quickly is virtually nil over here in blighty , the overall effect is money worries , mortgage , and being almost forced to change my lifestyle dramatically . I can visibly see the fret and stress that is also effecting my wife . Its a horrible time , we arent greedy people , I mean all I want is a steady job and to be able to provide .
This is the very least desirable time for me to become Shelly , and it scares me a little . I never for one moment regarded the loss of my work , to have such a dramatic effect on me personally .
I,d like to know how others members on here coped with similar scenarios .... did the reality of unemployment kill your desires to crossdress also ?
Theres been times when I know the tide of enfemme desire ebbs and flows , but this time , it feels as if it,ll never return .

Stress - I hate it .

TGMarla
06-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I was recently relieved of my position at a company where I had worked very productively for quite some time. When I was given my release, I immediately went into business for myself. I feel a whole lot better, I'm happier, and I have more time on my hands to do things that I need to take care of. And more time to crossdress, too.

So for me, it's all been a good thing so far.

Kiera
06-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi,

Under different circumstances of course, I was out of work and the opposite happened to me. I found myself looking for employment at places where they would be accepting. Unfortunately, the first place who hired me was not one of those places. But I also know that this isnt something that goes away. So if stress is causing a lack of desire for you to dress. I am sure when things turn around for you the desire will return... and in full force lol.

On a side note... the only advice I can offer is SAVE SAVE SAVE. Everything that you can. Cut backs that you make now can make a huge difference should your flow of income suddenly come to a halt. Good luck. I hope everything works out well for you girl.
Hugs,
Kiera

Nicole Erin
06-16-2009, 05:34 PM
It is true that when stress kicks in hardcore, it is hard to enjoy anything.

dawnmarrie1961
06-16-2009, 05:42 PM
EXACTLY!!! You hit the nail on the head!

Although the desire to crossdress would always be present, but controllable.

I didn't have any desire about crossing over to my fem side permanently until...

1. Lost my business, due to my own stupidity and being partners with bad people.

2. Lost my oldest daughter and my grandson, she took off and married one of the *******s.

3. Almost lost my wife. She tried to commit suicide because of everything that was going on.

As a child I often used cross dressing as a way of feeling better about myself. My way of dealing with stress.

Yes. Abrupt and uncontrollable events can be a trigger.

NOW I'm ready for LIFE!
If LIFE wants to be a B@#&H....well so am I!

Missy
06-16-2009, 05:49 PM
when undre stress wear a dress work for me and working for yourself and not others dose wonders with income when you are your own boss

Josie M
06-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Well , I think I,ve unearthed the secret to stopping crossdressing . And I hate it . It comes in many forms , but I think its described as unwanted stress and worry . For me its a reality check as my employment I fear is about to cease - redundant . The chances of finding a new job quickly is virtually nil over here in blighty , the overall effect is money worries , mortgage , and being almost forced to change my lifestyle dramatically . I can visibly see the fret and stress that is also effecting my wife . Its a horrible time , we arent greedy people , I mean all I want is a steady job and to be able to provide .
This is the very least desirable time for me to become Shelly , and it scares me a little . I never for one moment regarded the loss of my work , to have such a dramatic effect on me personally .
I,d like to know how others members on here coped with similar scenarios .... did the reality of unemployment kill your desires to crossdress also ?
Theres been times when I know the tide of enfemme desire ebbs and flows , but this time , it feels as if it,ll never return .

Stress - I hate it .

It sounds to me like you have more fundamental concerns right now. I know that when I'm under a lot of stress, I tend to focus on "just the basics" of my life. If I add any extra activity, it's usually exercising because that often helps me manage stress better.

If you're not feeling the desire to dress right now, don't worry and don't try to force it....and, even if it did never return...well, giving yourself the freedom to crossdress also means you gave yourself the freedom not to.

If I were to guess though, I bet that when the current situation passes (and it will), your desire to dress will return as well.

lisalove
06-16-2009, 08:42 PM
You're on to something. Since I lost my house, I was stressed over that for a long time. And then loosing my job. I've had no desires to get all dolled up. I haven't really kept up with shaving bare as I always would befor all this happened. I'm sure once I get a job and on my feet again. I will motivated to get all dolled up.

Dana Carlton
06-17-2009, 07:34 AM
It is just the opposite for me. When I am stressed and have worries, I tend to dress more. It really puts me in a different world, and helps to relieve the stress. I recently lost my job. Since that first day out of work, I have dressed everyday since. Somedays, the whole nine yards, other days just a tshirt and shorts or jeans. It hasn't stopped me from seeking new employment, since that is now priority #1. However, it has been quite fun.

Chrissie P
06-17-2009, 07:50 AM
There have been times in my life when Chrissie has been put in a box. Making a living and doing the things that have to be done to provide have top priority. If you have to take some time off to be better for it, do it. You will feel better about yourself when you come back to it.

You will never stop thinking about it tho. Just sayn.

Deborah Jane
06-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Sometimes we reach a level of stress where everything becomes an effort, whether it's something we normally would enjoy doing or not.

Unemployment and uncertainty about the future are serious issues and will make our minds concentrate on finding a solution to them. In the meantime things we enjoy doing will often be put on hold temporarily, not only crossdressing, but our hobbies too.

My big hobby/pastime is working on my modified cars, [crossdressing to my mind isn't a hobby as such], yet in the past when i've had periods of unemployment and ample time to enjoy my hobby, the last thing i actually did was work on my cars.

Unless your crossdressing is paramount to your very existance, it logically follows it could disappear too, albeit temporarily.

LisaM
06-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Michelle,

I do understand that a negative employment picture pushes many things (including dressing) onto the backburner. Stress makes you focus on the most basic parts of your life.

But understand that your desire to dress will return when your employment situation resolves itself or improves.

I liked Marlas's advice--look at it as an opportunity to create a business for yourself (if you can). I did the same thing about 4 years ago and I am much happier working for myself.

MsJanessa
06-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Darling I've just been through what you have experienced---I was told by my boss in Feb that my job was being eliminated effective june 12(last friday)--I went into an absolute panic---hard to get another 90,000-100,000 dollar a year job---and I've got a motgage, cc bills, car payments etc.---it becomes hard to enjoy anything---including crossdressing which can be as much as a stress inducer as a stress reliever if we feel our life is going to hell in a handbasket---so My dressing and other "alternative" activities were dimininished so I could concentrate on finding work. Last month I was offered a similar job at comparable pay and I accepted---I start this monday June 22---the down side is that I have to move 700 miles away to Washington DC but nonetheless things are looking a lot brighter than they did on Feb 4---so chin up Mistress---you will find other work and the outlook will improve---in the meantime keep dressing---you look absolultly ravishing in gleaming black femme leathers. :dom:

Vicky_Scot
06-17-2009, 10:09 AM
You wanna stop?

No thanks.

Xx Vicky xX

sissystephanie
06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Many years ago, when I got laid off, I relieved my stress by becoming Stephanie. Then I became self-employed. That caused a whole new set of problems, but they were good ones!

Then a little over four years ago I lost my dear wife to cancer, quite suddenly! You talk about stress! Until you have gone through something like that, you really have no idea what stress is. My way of coping was to become Stephanie!! That and talking to the darling GG in Scotland that I became acquainted with! She totally accepted me as Stephanie or my male persona!

So my answer to the question raised would have to be that stress enhances my CD activities!:)

Of course, I also live by the credo that I only worry about things that I can personally control!

Joanne f
06-17-2009, 12:45 PM
At times like this it is always very hard to think positive but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, you have your wife,family and your health, it may take a little time but things will get better , the thought is quite often worse than the reality.

Rachel05
06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
It's a very strange thing but at times of high stress it makes me want to cross dress even more. last year I had the very real fear of losing my job, it never happened thankfully, but the stress and worry made me take more risks ro dress than normal

lesley jay
06-18-2009, 07:02 AM
I have stopped dressing in the past,thrown all clothing away,prior to that threatened to do it many times but it always remains in my head,presently i am going out to buy clothing and rebuild my collection after throwing everything away a few years ago.my circumstances were different though it was not work related,it was physicological issues with being to tall to look like a female,too big and muscular,not having female looks etc,so i often had it in my head why bother,and i am sure i will go through it again in the future.