PDA

View Full Version : idol

Christina89
06-17-2009, 05:35 AM
ok i have a question for all u out there. who is ur idol when i comes to cross dressing? mine is rupaul and shannel from rupaul's drag race show.

deja true
06-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Designer Phillipe Blonde...

Teri Jean
06-17-2009, 06:33 AM
For me it would be Grae Phillips. She has the most amazing voice.

Keli

TSchapes
06-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Courtney Act (http://courtneyact.com/), she went on the Idol show in Australia as a man and didn't qualify, came back as a women and become one of the top contenders. Now has record deals.

China Blue (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=296588998), she was featured on an ad for Clothestime on MTV quite awhile ago, but it was such a cool ad:
O9V_GlP2ssI

Grae Phillips (http://www.graephillips.com/index.html). I got a lot of my inspiration for photoshopping from her web site. She is also a Cabaret singer.

JoAnn Roberts (http://www.cdspub.com/jar.html), before there was the Internet, there was JoAnn Roberts and her wonderful books "Art of Illusion"

Kalina Isato (http://www.transvamp.com/), has some very good books and I've always liked her "work in progress" type of attitue.

These gals are more crossdressers than drag queens. I love Rue Paul and watched her Drag Show Race. But, I tend to go for more of the illusionist than the over-top drag performer. Just my taste.

Love, Tracy

Sarah Doepner
06-17-2009, 09:25 AM
All of you.

Christina89
06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
this is my one of my idols shannel. OMG she is so amazing.

Lois LaLane
06-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Charles Busch. He looks great in a police woman's uniform...

Carly D.
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Who inspires or influenced my cross dressing when I started?? that would be no one.. I hadn't ever seen anyone dress in womens clothes before, men that is.. until Monty Python and some early shows like Bob Hope and other comedy's..

joann07
06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I love my Victoria's Secret models, Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr.
Of course, I'll never reach their plateau of beauty, but I love their style.
I also like Jessica Alba.
She's so classy, elegant, and beautiful and I try to emulate her style as well.

Hugs!

harmony
06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
all is said in my signature

MissConstrued
06-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Eddie Izzard!

Eric Idle, and Graham Chapman. John Cleese just isn't that pretty. :D

Oh, and Marilyn Manson, though I don't really care for his music.

jessiejess112
06-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Today there are many beautiful girls on this forum, and on the net that really inspire me.
But I was thinking which crossdressers inspired me when I was growing up, before the internet. When I was a kid I spent a lot of afternoons watching daytime TV, like Donahue and Sally Jessy Rephael, waiting for them to have a crossdressing discussion so I could see cds on tv, lol.
I also liked watching the Rupaul videos when I was a kid, so I guess Rupaul was also an inspiration.

Bobbi Em
06-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Eddie Izzard...My adult children turned me on to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0PZDGOgoM&feature=related

Bobbi

PaulaSF
06-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Edie Sedgwick!!!

Toni_Lynn
06-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I have to be a little different in my answer to this question. The reason is because for me to admire someone, the have to be more than or something other than just a celebrity. There has to be some substance behind the public persona. And my answer to this is more than just t-girls. Rather it is t-person.

So, to name some real people, I have to say Wendy Carlos, Dr Renee Richards, Jan Morris, and Brandon Teena. These are people who, in the case of the first 3, are trans-people who live a life of quiet, yet strong, dignity, and don't have to rely on TV shows or being over the top to validate their trans-ness. In the case of the late Brandon Teena, I admire him for courage that he showed in being himself.

I further say that as my idols, I choose any crossdresser or T-person who embodies those qualities shown above. One is an anonymous mtf CDer that my wife and I saw in a local grocery store at Christmas. She didn't need outrageous clothing, stiletto heels, or a makeup so thick that it looked like it was put on with a trowel. She was just being herself.

I admire an ftm transman friend of mine who stays in marriage (to a genetic male) in spite of the fact that he can't transition. I admire the fact that he could cry on my shoulder and pour out his heart.

And these, are who I look up to my gender quest.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

TGMarla
06-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I began dressing before the onslaught of mass media. It was virtually unknown before that, and I figured I was the only one who engaged in such illicit activities. As such, I never really developed an idol when it comes to crossdressing. But I do admire some of you girls here very much! :battingeyelashes:

Sarah Doepner
06-20-2009, 10:11 AM
My first post was a 3-word knock off that I did just as someone came to the door. I had more to say but didn't get back to it until now.

the first post was this; "All of you."

Allow me to elaborate.

Yes, all of you here in the forum, both the CD's and the SO's. Why? Regardless of how completely you dress or how far out of the closet you are, you are still trying to define the nature of Crossdressing for yourselves and others. You are aware of the impact it has on you, your family and the community at large. You are asking questions and pushing the boundaries for yourself, the CD community and the world in general. You are trying to develop greater skill in presentation, a better sense of fashion and a feeling of comfort with yourself and when possible you share what you know or have accomplished with others. And possibly most important you inspire and encourage respect.

I can't think of better role models than that.

vivianann
06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Gina Lance, it was her book that changed my life and caused me to get over my fears of being dressed in public. I also met Gina Lance a few yrs ago.

KandisTX
06-20-2009, 04:39 PM
In all honesty, I cannot say I have an "idol" for my Crossdressing. People like Rupaul and those on her show are not what I would deem "Crossdressers", they technically fall into the category of "Drag Queens". Rupaul has even admitted herself that for her the crossdressing is all about getting paid.

Kandis:love::rose2: