PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you to get ready to go out

Chrissie P
06-17-2009, 07:08 AM
If you do go out. If not, just to be you. I got ready for a date last week and it took me about two hours, shower to final lipstick touch up. Loved every minute of it too. I guess I take just a little longer than the average woman ? Lounging around the hotel room takes a lot less time.

LisaElizabeth
06-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Chrissie,
Are we including ALL the 'pre-dressing' activities necessary to project a fem image? I end up starting way-y-y-y early in order to remove hair from ALL the places that will show. Shaving legs, arms, chest and upper back take a lot of time.
If I only include walking into the room to change and do makeup for the night out, I take about 2 hours from start to finish. If I include all the 'pre-night-out' items....... probably 4 hours total.
My leg hair grows fast so I have to shave the morning of my night out or I will destroy my hose when I put them on!!
I guess we don't think about all the things we do in between outings, like shaving, eyebrow shaping, etc.... All adds to our fun but they all add to our preparatoy time.
Lisa Elizabeth

"Mary"
06-17-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm going to say about 90 minutes. This assumes some pre work in the days before.

Oh yes then there's the restless hours thinking about it all.

Chrissie P
06-17-2009, 07:35 AM
The things I do between outings are just normal activities to me. I keep up with the shaving and tweezing, etc, so I guess the time question would be from normal shower time to final lipstick.

I know I spend an hour on my makeup alone.

Carol A
06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Depends, if it's a normal day casual about 30".

Now if it's more dressy and going out about 2 hr.

Hay takes a girl awhile to figure out what outfit to wear :doh:

Bernadina
06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Considering the prework a day or so before for toes nails etc., I still allow four hours for full dressing. Part of the problem is that I don't get the opportunity much anymore so I'm always out of practice.

josie_S
06-17-2009, 10:39 AM
*IF* I have an outfit picked out (that's a big *IF*) and I don't have to do the prep work (i.e. shaving, mani/pedi) AND I *DON'T* go shopping, then I'll be ready in an hour/hour and a half.

But it never works out that way does it?? :P

So I, like most of the others here, have to plan way ahead.

But I can also see myself spending an hour plus on make up alone...what a fun way to spend time :)

Lorileah
06-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Make up, hair, clothing for around the house - 30 minutes

Make-up, hair, clothing, cramming my feet into heels, perfume to go out - 1 hour

Make up, hair, clothing, shoes, waiting for everyone to set up for a shoot- 1 hour

Pictures afterward - priceless

TGMarla
06-17-2009, 11:40 AM
For everyday around the house, about 30 to 40 minutes, sometimes less.

For piccies or for going out somewhere, about 90 minutes.

As for the rest, like Lorileigh said, priceless! You're a jewel, Lorileigh! :hugs:

Christina89
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
it takes me about 20 mins for around the house. but i rarely go out as a CD so i don't really have a time. srry ladies

vjaducd
06-17-2009, 12:03 PM
I need one & half hours to get ready includes body shaving,nail painting,make up,dressing with fem accesories & final shining lipstick touch. but ready to spend much time for shoot out in studio.
vjaducd

Angel.Marie76
06-17-2009, 12:09 PM
About the house, toss on comfy clothes, 10 minutes tops...

Going out to a group meeting or therapy (or with other TG friendly people) about 30-45 minutes.

Out for a night at the club or bar, with a close shave & heavy, expertly applied makeup, ~1 hourish. (not including /some/ idea of what I wanted to wear in advance)

The last two above presume a standard shower/bath with time to shave my legs at least within the last day. Special events get more shower/shaving time.. Though with Laser beard removal already in progress, I find less time is needed each cycle with makeup and shaving. I know I'll reduce prep time by at least 20 minutes if I don't have to layer on shadow cover.

Teri Jean
06-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Chrissie, that's about right. Now if you are adding false eye lashes then add another 30 minutes LOL. the end results is so rewarding and soothing as Lori said priseless.

Keli

Jessica Who
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Right now, I take about an hour and a half to shower, shave, apply makeup and get dressed. It really is a long (but fun) process, one that I am trying to get better at all the time.

Raquelle C
06-17-2009, 01:04 PM
2 to 3 hours, depends on how much prep work/grooming is needed. Just to dress and do makeup, I can do that in about an hour or so.

Kate Simmons
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
With all of the prep work done, half an hour tops.:)

Melissa A.
06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Makeup-10-15 minutes

Hair-10-15 minutes

....And even that P's me off!

Hugs,

Melissa:)

TxKimberly
06-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Depending on how far out of control I've let the body fur get, it takes between 1.5 to 2 hours.

Shikyo
06-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Let's see.

- 5 minutes for the sunblock
- another 5 minutes for the clothes

Yep, that should be about it. Oh right, the hair when I do something to it, takes 30 seconds or so, but I can do that while walking, so that doesn't really count.

Though I'm sure it's going to take a lot longer when I actually learn how to use makeup.

Empress Lainie
06-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Generally about 20 to 40 minutes, shaving my face and neck, brushing my teeth, washing, bathroom use, dressing, with jewelry.

trannie T
06-17-2009, 03:53 PM
It doesn't take long at all, I recently timed myself.

Run shower: 5 min
Wash body and shampoo hair: 10 min
Shave arms: 5 min
Shave chest: 10 min
Shave stomach: 5 min
Shave pubes: 5 min
Wait for water to warm up again: 20 min
Shave legs: 10 min
Dry off: 5 min
Get back in shower and shave the parts missed the first time: 10 min
Dry again: 5 min
Put on bra and panties: 5 min
Put in forms: 2 min
Put on pantihose: 5min
Find run in hose and find another pair: 5 min
Put the new pair on: 5 min
Paint nails: 10 min
Wait for them to dry: 5 min
Remove polish from the nail you touched to see if it was dry: 5 min
Paint nail again: 2 min
Wait for it to dry: 10 min
Put on foundation and beard cover: 10 min
Put on eyeshadow: 10 min
Put on mascara: 5 min
Apply eyeliner: 5 min
Wash eyes because eyeliner was smeared: 5 min
Re-do eyeshadow and mascara: 15 min
Re-do eyeliner: 5 min
Put on lipstick: 2 min
Put on blush: 5 min
Decide the lipstick isthe wrong color: 1 min
Find the right lipstick: 5 min
Put on the new lipstick: 2 min
Put on dress: 2 min
Check self in mirror: 5 min
Decide a skirt and sweater would be better: 2min
Choose the right skirt and sweater: 10 min
Put on skirt and sweater: 5 min
Put on shoes: 1 min
Decide to wear other shoes to go with skirt and sweater: 2 min
Put on the new shoes: 1 min
Choose wig: 5 min
Put on wig and adjust it: 10 min
Comb out wig and style it 10 min
Check out self in mirror: 15 min
Grab purse and go out the backdoor making sure the neighbors are not watching: 2 min
Get to car and realize that your keys are still in the house: 5 min
Crawl through the bedroom window hoping the neighbors are not watching: 5 min
Find keys, touch up makeup andcheck mirror: 10 min
Discover a run in pantihose after crawling through window and get new pair: 5 min
Put on new pantihose: 5 min
Leave house again and get into car: 2 min
Start car and discover the tank is almost empty: 2 min
Drive across town to a service station where you will not be recognised: 30 min
Pump gas: 10min

See, it doesn't take much time at all! I am going out on halloween so it is time to start getting ready.

tricia_uktv
06-17-2009, 03:55 PM
I can do it in half an hour, but I give myself one hour. Its nice to do things at an even pace!

Carly D.
06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I've never timed myself.. truth is I like how everything feels when I put it on.. so I have a tendency to take my time.. but I would say the last time I went out it took me maybe 45 minutes (and I don't wear makeup).. to go out the door however can take an extra _ _ eternity to get out that door.. everything has to be perfect (outside).. then I head out the door.. I even check the weather on the internet..

charlie
06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
For me choosing the outfit is the hardest part. I love outfits and have to have just the right one for the place I'm going to. That can take several modelings before ever getting into the shower. After that, the shower to lipstick part takes between 60-90 minutes. I'm impressed that some of you girls can get that eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara on and still be out of the house in less then an hour! I can blow 45 minutes on the eye makeup alone!

Butterfly Bill
06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Summer:

Put on some sandals and throw a dress over my head, and maybe some skivvies if the hemline is too high to go regimental: as little as 30 to 45 seconds.

Winter:

Put on some hose before doing the above and then put on a coat, add maybe 1 to 2 minutes.

Sunday before church:

Add 5 to 8 minutes for a shower.