PDA

View Full Version : Finding the balance

StephanieT
06-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I have been contemplating my place in life for the past several months. For a while, the pink fog got me, Actually it ruled my life. I looked for every opportunity to dress. I then realized that dressing was taking too much of my time. My male side was not getting what I needed. I decided to back off from dressing and meet my personal needs. I have been much happier. When the opportunity presents itself, I do dress and get out but it is not the all consuming pink fog. I think I have finally found the balance.

dawnmarrie1961
06-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Good for you for finding that "happy place". As long as you are comfortable where you are that is all that matters.

Christina89
06-18-2009, 12:53 AM
as long as u r comfortable with ur decision the u can do whatever u want to do

Chrissie P
06-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Steph, it's good you found a balance. I did the same. I used to dress every opportunity I got and found myself trying to jam that time into what should have been productive time.

The only time I dress now is when I travel, and luckily that time is increasing. I would rather go for a few days dressed and enjoy it, then put Chrissie on the shelf for a little while.

Never stop thinking about it tho.

Joanne f
06-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Yes all things must balance , and these days it seams to be harder to do that so if you have achieved that then i am happy for you .

gennee
06-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm so happy for you, Steph. You'll find that dressing will be more pleasurable now.

Gennee
:hugs:

TGMarla
06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Steph, that's a very good thing. Without some kind of balance, crossdressing can sometimes have such a huge allure to us, we can barely function to get what is necessary in our lives done. It can be very counterproductive. And we then wonder why our wives have a problem with it all. Granted that's not the only reason, but it can be a big factor. Happiness can only be found with balance in all facets of our lives. I'm glad you seem to have found yours.

pattyv
06-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi Steph:I've had the same experience. Balance is everything in life.When I put Laura away for some time, I feel happy and focused on my male self which I truly need. I do all male things which I enjoy. Then Laura becons me, and I enjoy her. She is part of me, but not 100% of me.

Ruth
06-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Yes, balance is important but it's a personal thing. I am in a routine now where I get to dress 4 times a week. I enjoy my Ruth time and I am always left wanting a little more, which is probably the right kind of dynamic.
I think 24/7 would be too much and I'd be hankering after some male time, but it's good to keep it balanced so I always look forward to my next CD session.

Alice B
06-18-2009, 04:04 PM
We each have a different balance point, but finding it makes life a lot more fun. I'm glad you have found yours. I'm still looking of mine.

Alicia_lynn419
06-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Sounds like a lot of us have had very similar experiences.... When I first got divorced I was dressing nearly every day.. now I've found my place, my balance... I'm not dressing near as much but it still feels good.

Cary
06-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm glad you've found your balance. I'm still working to find mine. Life is much sweeter when one life is not consummed by one thing.

Josie M
06-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I hope so, I know that these things can often come and go in waves. Some of us (heck...many of us I bet) go through "purges", only to have it come back with a vengeance. Eventually we realize that "purging" is expensive ;)

I have found that, the more I learn to be honest with myself about where I'm at, the easier it is to keep everything in balance...but, this is easier said than done, it takes practice. I still go through these "waves", which is my motivation for coming back on this forum. The fantasy world can spiral out of control if you let it...I much rather find the time to crossdress for real rather than just play on the internet. Then again, forums like these are nice to have :)

Anyway, I know I'm rambling more about myself but I bet a few of us are in a similar place

Kate Simmons
06-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Another person who has seen the process for the two edged sword it really is. It can take on a life of it's own and take us over and dominate us if we allow it to. Powerful feelings and energies are involved with this stuff. Once a person learns to direct it, it can be used for many things but to the novice it can be as deadly as it is seductive. Take it from one who knows my friend.:straightface:

Teri Jean
06-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Josie, I have been thinking there has been a very heavy pink fog around my place and was thinking of toning it down some. Although I need to do this as a way of finishing projects and attend to responsibilities I have taken on, so the clothes will go into a closet and the forms will be cleaned and stored, well all but one set. I will keep the femme side of my life active it just will not be so apparent. I have a very deep love of Keli and do not want to give her up.

Thank you for your post and wish you the best. Keli