PDA

View Full Version : Had to throw clothes away.......

Deborah Jane
06-18-2009, 03:44 AM
As some of you know i moved in with Sheila two days ago :love:

While we were unpacking my femme things yesterday, it was decided to throw some things out and some are to be donated to a local charity shop :sad:

Is this a good start to our future together?

Mirani
06-18-2009, 04:00 AM
Great start! Really - no sarcasm intended. How lovely to have a partner to cast a critical feminine eye over the clothes. My S.O. and I had a "fashion show" and clear out of my stuff when we moved in togther. Actually, some of it was to dire, she wouldn't even let me put it on! :)

I now have a much easier and clearer wardrobe. I was too attached to some unsuitable stuff - but kept it because it had an emotional link to earlier days.

Now, after a shopping trip, we both relook at what we have and remove the old / outdated / never worn it! stuff to make room for the new.

All the best to you both.

KateSpade83
06-18-2009, 05:01 AM
Threw clothes away!? Now you won't look like a tart!

Tamara Croft
06-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Threw clothes away!? Now you won't look like a tart!:lol: If you saw how many clothes Debs has, trust me, the tart will live long and prosper for a long time to come :heehee:

Majestyk's Lady
06-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Ah Debs..I'm sorry..:sad:

It's like throwing "old friends" away..and possibly a couple of "security blankets"..I know..I had a "couple" pieces of clothing I just knew I couldn't live without 'em..until M showed me "the way"...and as usual was right..:o

But I've seen what impeccable taste that lovely and extremely generous Lady of yours has...and along with your own wonderful sense of fashion (you can really pick out the prettiest Shiny stuff..and those shoes!!!:D)..between the two of ya..you will have a wardrobe "ta die for"...:daydreaming:
I am glad you are Home and Safe..:hugs:
Blessings,
Majestyk's Lady :love:

Georgia Rose
06-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Most of us hang on to stuff that is past its use by date. It's hard to let it go but it is the best way. My wife uses a system where she puts all the clothes hangers around one way and the start of the season and if they are still that way at the end of the season she knows the garment hasn't been worn and out it goes. I find it more difficult but I'm learning.

Have a :drink: and move on. Life's not about sweating the small stuff.

Sharon
06-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Threw clothes away!? Now you won't look like a tart!

So what's wrong with looking like a tart if you are a tart? :)

Margot
06-18-2009, 06:38 AM
My wife has insituted a rule due to our closets being so full. If I buy something new something old has to go. It works very well. We also send to thrift shops.
Margot

Shelly Preston
06-18-2009, 06:50 AM

Debs it looks like Sharon just called you a tart

I think your secret is out :rofl:

Ze xx
06-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Looks like I'll have to get Sheila down here to sort out Jaycie's stuff :heehee:

We just don't have the room.

Before we moved I sorted out my wardrobes and got rid of about 2 bin liners full of clothes. I asked my SO to do the same. He got rid of a shirt :hmph: :D

There's also stuff in Jaycie's wardrobe that she doesn't wear as they didn't live up to expectations once put on. I'm sure that we could get rid of some more.

Sandra
06-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Hang on doesn't throwing out = going to buy more? ;)

Sarah_GG
06-18-2009, 09:38 AM
When my SO first brought all her stuff out of storage I had a very strong urge to cull it!

A lot of the garments had sentimental value/had been around an awful long time/was the only thing available/was difficult to come by/provided many a happy hour/was fun/was a good look in the 70s.

It was a little difficult to be sympathetic as this crumpled, stale stash was at least five times the size of my own wardrobe. Gradually SO has realised that letting old stuff go (goodbye lurex, fishtail, sequined, falling-apart, shoulder pads, snow white look-a-like) means buying NEW stuff! Her wardrobe is still five time the size of mine, but it is all rather fab!

Debs... I have no doubt that the items you're letting go of will be replaced by fabulous new stuff! Enjoy splurging even if it means a little purging! Not that you'll have time for all that malarky when you get yer pigeons!

Congrats to you and Sheila for going for it! :love:

Deborah Jane
06-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Now you won't look like a tart!

Yeah i will, i'll just look like a high class tart now :tongueout

:lol: If you saw how many clothes Debs has, trust me, the tart will live long and prosper for a long time to come :heehee:

You bet :D
This tart ain't going nowhere :battingeyelashes:

Thank you Sharon for springing so elequently to my defence :brolleyes:

Debs it looks like Sharon just called you a tart I think your secret is out :rofl:

Damn now i'll have to rethink my whole look.....Do think a skirt suit looks good on me? :heehee: 91237

Not that you'll have time for all that malarky when you get yer pigeons!

Actually Sarah, we've decided to breed Whippets :D

Jessica Who
06-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Yea, that is positive I think. As my wife and I have moved forward together with crossdressing, she is more involved in decisions regarding clothing. There are some things that she just does not like and suggests that I sell while there are others that she absolutely adores.

Lorileah
06-18-2009, 12:52 PM

yeah that...besides everyone knows that poptarts come two to a package, there has to be two of us here otherwise I would be lonely :)

Deborah Jane
06-18-2009, 01:22 PM
yeah that...besides everyone knows that poptarts come two to a package, there has to be two of us here

It's in the FAQs.....Two poptarts are required to enable the successful functioning of all crossdressing forums

Lorileah and I are the official poptarts on this forum :D

That's why Sheila had to allow me to keep a lot of my tarty clothes, i need them for my official duties here :D:battingeyelashes:

Ruth
06-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Love the comment about the whippets Debs.
Tha'll need a flat cap an' all then (maybe a pink one...)

Nicole Erin
06-18-2009, 04:53 PM
So like a complete purge of all women's stuff or just got rid of the overabundance?

TGMarla
06-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Nice suit, Debs. Verrrrry professional!

(Notice I didn't say what profession!)

Anyway, I think it's a great start, Deborah dear. Clothes are replacable! :D