PDA

View Full Version : GG in skirts

bobbie anne
06-18-2009, 05:28 AM
I retired after 40 years in mining. I got a summer job at our local golf course cutting grass etc. After a terrible cold spring, summer has arrived at last. I have noticed a lot of the ladies are wearing skirts to play golf, and the rules are we must stop our machines and shut off the enging if the golfers are just teeing off or on the green. This gives me a great opportunity to observe what they are wearing. Has anyone else noticed an increase in women wearing skirts this year. Bobbie Anne

Mirani
06-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Perhaps here isnt an increase - just that you are looking more and longer! :)

Chrissie P
06-18-2009, 08:08 AM
So, yer looking at the women, eh ??

Outside of the golf course it seems more and more women are dressing in slacks. I know it is more comfortable and a lot of the slacks I see are very sexy. I still like skirts tho.

DianneW
06-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Nowadays its getting to be a rare thing to see a women in a dress. Even office workers have a casual dress code, so when I see a girl all dolled up in a pretty dress and make-up I just can't help myself but to stare a little. Maybe I'm just a dirty old man but I really enjoy the view.Lets my imagination run a little wild.

TommiTN
06-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Oh, for the view of a cute GG in a cute sundress! Actually I have seen a couple or three lately. It was all I could do to keep from commenting!

Chrissie P
06-18-2009, 09:45 AM
I think it's sexy for a woman to overdress a little given the situation, such as an office worker wearing a nice dress or a nice top and skirt. It adds allure to her.

Linda Laman
06-18-2009, 09:48 AM
I love women in skirts, the more the better. Come to think of it, I love me in skirts too.

tracigirl_tv
06-18-2009, 10:10 AM
You mean, there are more skirts on the golf course than there were in the mines? Go figure! *giggle*

Vieja
06-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Being an old person I can well remember the days when all women wore dresses or skirts. Then WWII came along and dresses became few and far between because women were working in jobs where a skirt was unwieldy. Unfortunately after the war things never did go back to the good old days. Alas,

Vieja

Alice Torn
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
I have noticed a small increase in the number of skirts, and dresses, but it is still a tiny minority. When i am at a store, and notice one, i often compliment the lady on dressing nice! Oh, El,Vieja, what a different world, it must have been, before the war, when all birthgirls wore dresses and skirts!

MarcellaMcNul
06-18-2009, 12:03 PM
This thread makes me realize that my job (driving a white stretch limo) has a built in perk:frequent carloads of beautiful GGs in dresses and skirts.

Imagine being the Meet & Greet,Car-doorholder person for groups of up to 9 who are going to the prom,or are the bridesmaids,or having a "girls night out",etc,etc.

Then there's driving around Manhattan in the summertime!

Believe me...the world is in no danger of being deprived of the pleasure of viewing women in thier fineries anytime soon!

And let's not forget what it's like to drive a group of young girls to a Brittany Spears concert...HOLY MACARONI!!!!!!

All of this really drives home TXK's thread "Creepy in Cincy" where she so accurately descibes the feelings of envy.

Jessica Who
06-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh sure, as soon as the weather warms up in Chicago you see more skirts. In fact, even in the cold weather I saw some girls wearing miniskirts with tights! They are so brave to go out in the freezing weather like that.

Teresa Ann
06-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Being one to go out and to fit in I noticed that there was a lot of very cute skirts around when I was driving thru DC the other day, and that I would not stick out in my skirts as I would have just a couple of years ago... so keep those legs shaved.

stephaniedoes
06-18-2009, 12:25 PM
last winter i went out in a very short mini and had no prob hiding it,, it shrank, lol... yes there is much skin showing these days and gotta love it. time to tan up and show them up, hehe... RIGHT...

Stephanie-L
06-18-2009, 12:30 PM
The secretary where I work is the only person who wears "civilian" clothes, the rest of us wear surgical scrubs. I enjoy seeing her because she almost always wears a long skirt or dress. She is about the age I am and her look is one I try to emulate. The only other women who wear dresses are one nurse and one surgeon who wear scrub dresses, all the rest of the women in the ORs wear pants. As I walk around the hospital I do notice a large number, perhaps as much as a third, of the female employees wearing skirts or dresses in areas where they do not wear scrubs. The general public that I see maybe only one in ten, usually an older woman or younger girl, wear skirts or dresses. I have found myself looking more at women than I used to, now it's because I want to see what she is wearing and if I would look good in it............Stephanie

Chrissie P
06-18-2009, 12:51 PM
My business took on a small account last year. An attorneys office. All of the work is done on weekends. I spoke with "Jean" quite a number of times concerning the work and always had very pleasant conversations. All last Summer I was thinking "what does Jean look like?

This Spring I stopped at the office and met Jean. She was absolutely stunning in a beautiful blue flowered dress, medium heels and lots of pretty jewelery including a gorgeous engagement ring and wedding band. She was radiant. THAT'S how I want to go to work !!

pattyv
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
There are many reasons why more and more women are wearing these athletic skirts in sports.They are extremely comfortable.They have an inner brief which allows free movement with an elastic waistband that does not irritate. Shorts can ride-up the inner thighs during a good work-out, but these skirts do not ride-up or cause chafing. They are made of a wicking material which repels sweat and do not absorb rain.They are also very eye-catching, but preserve the ladies modesty.I love wearing them.

susan2010
06-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Hate to contradict everyone, but it seems to me that more gg's are wearing dresses or skirts this Spring. Especially teenage and 20 something girls are wearing lots of pretty, colorful sundresses. Of course almost none are wearing hose or slips, but the dress trend looks a lot better than capris or cropped pants IMHO.

PaulaSF
06-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Seems that Skorts tend to predominate, in both golf & tennis (not a golfer, but do stay on top on tennis fashion, and play en femme, dresses, only, for me :devil:

Here in Nor Cal (I live in a golf course community in Nevada County), and those I see, traveling 180 miles between work & "home," (several golf courses right along the AMTRAK rightaway) I'd have to say, at least 80+% of GG golfers are in shorts...

cheers,
Paula

Erika_girliegirl
06-18-2009, 02:29 PM
this deffinelty makes me want to go put a sundress or mini skirt on

bobbie anne
06-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Seems that Skorts tend to predominate, in both golf & tennis (not a golfer, but do stay on top on tennis fashion, and play en femme, dresses, only, for me :devil:

Here in Nor Cal (I live in a golf course community in Nevada County), and those I see, traveling 180 miles between work & "home," (several golf courses right along the AMTRAK rightaway) I'd have to say, at least 80+% of GG golfers are in shorts...

cheers,
Paula
Hi Paula. The name of my youngest daughter. I agree a lot of women wear skorts, but the ladies I have see lately are wearing skirts. I am a skirt wearer so DO know the difference.

PaulaSF
06-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Didn't doubt your vision, Bobbie, just a "field report" from Latitude 38 :)

Tennis requires shorts under the dresses, skirts, either tucking the extra balls (since you get two serves...) under the leg hem of "regular" bike/compression shorts, or special tennis shorts with upside pockets for the balls, along either leg (and matching the cute dresses).

Was just out at Sports Authority, and admirering all the cute womens sleeveless tops in the golf dept (and bummed that this south San Jose store had ZERO tennis apparel, guess that's an excuse, to hit the bigger one, in downtown SF, next week, and swing by Golfsmith, and check out the summer sale at Lucy, while in town...).

Can imagine in hotter/stickier climes than CA, skirts migh appeal more, for sheer comfort reasons!

S'pose one reason for skirts (i.e., seperates) vs. dresses, for either sport, would be the mix-n-match, more combos aspect, vs. the dreaded "seen weaing the same thing," factor with dresses!

cheers,
Paula

Alice B
06-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I play golf 2-3 times a week and I'm always noticing. I want to get a nice golf skirt and top for myself and maybe some day hook up with some other CD golfers for a fun day on the links.

Sarah Doepner
06-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I've noticed that the percentage of women wearing skirts seems to vary from city to city. I traveled in the last year from Salt Lake to Las Vegas, San Diego, Atlanta and Orlando and tried to keep track of the presence of women wearing skirts and dresses. The winner was San Diego, a pastel city with lots of women wearing skirts. Salt Lake was pretty good, but the skirts, as you might imagine, were pretty conservative. Las Vegas is best in the evening.

Has there been a survey anywhere that keeps track of things like this?

linnea
06-18-2009, 11:37 PM
I haven't noticed any significant difference in the numbers. I see a lot of students aged 18-38. During class times there are a lot of them wearing slacks, jeans, other pants, but a fair number wear skirts. Not many wear dresses until the sun starts to dominate the summertime sky.

Stephanie-L
06-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Wasn't there a study somewhere that relates the length of women's skirts to things like the economy, or the presidential election? I remember reading that as the economy goes up or down, skirt lengths go up or down, I just can't remember if it is the same direction or opposite, LOL....Stephanie

Ralph
06-21-2009, 01:07 AM
Wasn't there a study somewhere that relates the length of women's skirts to things like the economy, or the presidential election?
I was just watching an old Smothers Brothers routine where Tommy says "You can always tell who is running the country by the clothes people are wearing." Dick asks for clarification and Tommy explains that people who don't have so much money for luxuries wear less clothing; they are the "less-ons". Dick says, so who is running the country now?" Tommy replies - of course you see this coming a mile off - "That would be the more-ons who are in charge now."

Sadly, that punchline has been relevant pretty much constantly in the 40 years since he first said it...

Alice Torn
06-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Ralph, When someone ever calls me a moron, I just say, "Better to be more on, than more off!" Sadly, i know of too many baby boomer feminists, who would rather die, than wear a dress, or skirt, and will never dress to look nice, to a male! I see senior, and very young ladies, wearing dresses, and skirts the most. My generation, of baby boomer gg's, seem to wear skirts and dresses much less.

jessiejess112
06-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Well, I'm guilty of admiring beautiful women too :D although most attractive women that I've seen recently are wearing tight pants or shorts.
Nothing wrong with that, but I do like it better when an attractive woman is wearing a skirt; it allows me to admire the woman and her clothing :)

Angie G
06-21-2009, 05:57 AM
I don't thnink so. But it is nice to see.:hugs:
Angie

DianneW
06-21-2009, 09:04 AM
I just love watching June Cleaver flitting around the house in her cute dresses. Where can I get one????

TxKimberly
06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Of course we all know that fashions come and go. One season things are popular, the next they are not. I spend a LOT of time in airports and have a lot of time to observe women and I DO agree that skirts and dresses are becoming more popular again. In the last few months (probably as much the arrival of summer as any fashion trend) I see a lot more pretty and floaty sun dresses.