PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a gift receipt with that purchase?

emmicd
07-08-2005, 10:09 PM
If you're going femme shopping for yourself and you go to the register with really femme clothes and lingerie and the girl asks if you want a gift receipt or gift boxes with the purchase how do you respond?

Do you say yes even if the purchase is for you?

Do you actually say no! These are for me!

Sometimes when I shop I do buy a nice outfit for my wife as well. So I can ask for a gift receipt for her clothes.

I've purchased so many femme clothes now and probabaly seen the same girls at the register that they don't even ask anymore. I guess they think I'm buying for myself.

Actually at Target you get a gift receipt automatically. They don't have to ask.

I still haven't got the nerve to say I'm buying the femme clothes for myself but no one has ever asked.

Emmi

emmicd
07-08-2005, 10:59 PM
When I shop I try not to be obvious or draw undue attention. If the girl at the register asks I simply say yes.

I know the dresses are for me but I don't need to have to let anyone else know.

It interesting because when I femme shop I only seek out girls working the registers.

I would never admit I'm femme shopping for myself to a guy. But I definitely would admit to a girl if I felt it was appropriate and no one was behind me in the line.

Emmi

StephanieCD
07-09-2005, 08:37 AM
I have actually asked for two - I laugh and say I'll keep one for myself, just in case. I ask for a gift receipt any time I'm nervous about it.

ronna
07-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Yes, Emmi, they usually ask me if I want a gift receipt.
Unless you're buying a purse at Kmart, then they search every pocket in the bag thinking you're trying to hide and steal something.
It's kind of funny because everybody waiting in line has to wait about 4 times as long while they check it all.
Since then I find much nicer bags at Marshall Fields and I hardly ever shop at Kmart anymore (for girls' things)

PattiL
07-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Gift Receipts sure make it easier. I usually ask up front. It also give me two copies in case I need to return something and lose one.

BethCD
07-09-2005, 12:00 PM
"I would never admit I'm femme shopping for myself to a guy. But I definitely would admit to a girl if I felt it was appropriate and no one was behind me in the line."

Emmi, I agree with this, even tho the only girl clothes i've bought live were lingerie or sweaters, which appear to be gifts rather than for myself. Just seems that GG's would be more accepting of the fact.
BethCD :D

Katrina
07-09-2005, 12:55 PM
I have been asked if I needed a gift receipt, but I turn them down. I have shopped where I'm sure the checkout girl saw me coming out of the dressing room right before I made my purchase so there was no doubt (it was a store with no mens clothing).

Wendy me
07-09-2005, 02:56 PM
depends on what i feel at the time and if asked are theise for you??? yes is the answer
or do you need a gift slip ?? no i am shure thay will fit me.....

Billi49504
07-09-2005, 03:15 PM
If they ask about a gift receipt, I tell them no thanks, but if offered gift boxes, I ask for 2. You never know if they will be avilable when you need one. I hate to have to pay for a box.
If they ask if I think they will fit her, I usualy answer I'm sure they wil fit me.

Lady Jayne
07-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Ok now this might seem obviouse to you brave girls out there but I've been trying to pluck up courage all week to go into a store and buy some clothes and I just get soooo paranoid, I'm sure they can see right through me, like just Know there for me! So what I was wondering is... iwould it be easier shopping for womens clothes En femme, my thinking is that at least it removes the shock value and it's obviouse who the clothes are for. and maybe they will show a little discretion/tack while serving me........or am I totaly off base here?

Wendy me
07-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Ok now this might seem obviouse to you brave girls out there but I've been trying to pluck up courage all week to go into a store and buy some clothes and I just get soooo , I'm sure they can see right through me, like just Know there for me! So what I was wondering is... iwould it be easier shopping for womens clothes En femme, my thinking is that at least it removes the shock value and it's obviouse who the clothes are for. and maybe they will show a little discretion/tack while serving me........or am I totaly off base here?

ok are you use to going out in fem ??? if no then you might be more so paranoid... just grab what you want a mumble i hope it fits her ....i hate birthdays ... next time a gift card or something like that.... it gets a lot easyer the more you do it and if the sales person says anything most of the time thay are just jokeing around with you.....

Maddie Knight
07-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm usually with my fiance and I get her to go to the counter if I'm drab.
But sometimes if lisa is buying something too, the assistant askes if she knowes she's buying two different sizes. She sayes there for a friend but I've hade a few odd looks from some shops.

Lady Jayne
07-09-2005, 04:01 PM
... just grab what you want a mumble i hope it fits her ....i hate birthdays ... next time a gift card or something like that.... .....

I've thought about that Wendy, I even thought it might be best to just go streight up to an assistant and ask her for help, You know like "my GF wants one of these for her birthday could you help me choose?" but like I say I'm convinced they can see right through my deception, I'm not exactly the macho ultra butch type anyway many people assume I'm gay as it is.
Guess I'll stick to E-bay for now but I would so love to go out shopping en-femme one day!
Well a girl can dream can't she.......

Krystal Lee
07-19-2005, 10:05 AM
I've thought about that Wendy, I even thought it might be best to just go streight up to an assistant and ask her for help, You know like "my GF wants one of these for her birthday could you help me choose?" but like I say I'm convinced they can see right through my deception, I'm not exactly the macho ultra butch type anyway many people assume I'm gay as it is.
Guess I'll stick to E-bay for now but I would so love to go out shopping en-femme one day!
Well a girl can dream can't she.......
Girl you are missing a big thrill in not shopping live, so to speak. Most people just don't care who the clothes are for. Over the years my nerves have calmed down but the thrill of the hunt is still there.
Do you live in a big town? If you do drive across town. If not drive to another town where people don't know you. That was my answer for years.
Hope you go shopping soon and let us know what you bought!
Hugs Krystal.

Amelia Moxon
07-19-2005, 10:12 AM
I was off work today so I went shopping this afternoon, I was asked that question twice and both times I replied "well no actually their for me"

Michelle xxx

Stephenie
07-19-2005, 10:39 AM
I went shopping wih my wife last nght. She found a blue blouse that she liked and I was carrying it for her. I went up to a counter to ask something and A lady there waiting said that it was a very nice color. My response was "thank you" then felt I need to say that it was for my wife. As I said it I turned and found that my wife was not there, she had gone to look for something else. The comment that it was my wife's sounded fake even to me and it was true.

Not sure if she left me with it on purpose to embress me or not. I got a kick out of it though.

Cindy K
07-19-2005, 02:16 PM
would it be easier shopping for womens clothes En femme, my thinking is that at least it removes the shock value and it's obviouse who the clothes are for. and maybe they will show a little discretion/tack while serving me........or am I totaly off base here?

Jayne

I don’t think you are off base at all, when I worked in the retail industry we received training on such aspects, it would be more than the checkout operators job is worth to discriminate against a person’s sexual preference or gender, that includes colleges and customers.

Vivian Best
07-19-2005, 02:21 PM
If they ask me I say yes, thank you. It's easier that way. I've never have said that it was for me.

Vivian

Katie Ashe
07-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Well, a year ago I would have have said yes. Today, I will say there for me, no thanks. When I bought my first bra, the girl didn't care. I have a wedding band, so I don't catch to much, if any slack. I'm more nervous of the people behind me in line :whistling .

Clare
07-22-2005, 01:01 AM
In store shopping is no bother for me anymore.

I guess i had an easy introduction to womans clothing stores as i was always with my wife and over time i became relaxed wandering around checking out the fashions.

I am never nervous anymore, even in lingerie stores! I know what size i'm looking for and i have a good eye for styles that suit me, so its an easy process for me.

I just wish that one day i can shop for girly clothes when dressed emfemme!

Christine

RachelDenise
07-22-2005, 04:59 AM
I usually say no thanks for a gift receipt unless I'm buying a gift. I have never been asked if what I'm buying is for me, but I await the question. I would love to say yes, but I'm certain it will depend on the situation. Plus, I don't shop that much.

Miss Vicki
07-22-2005, 05:01 AM
When I am at the register and the lady asks if these items are for me, especially the lingerie and pantyhose, I usually tell them.
It depends. If my SO opens the package and likes what she sees and then wears the items and models for me, then the items are for me.
Or, if she opens the package and thinks that I bought some tacky items. Whereas, she throws them away, returns them, or puts the in the drawer that does not see the light of for the next 3 years. Then these items are for her.
I usually get a big smile and a laugh from the clerks and they make the shopping fun. And the next time I come in they help me pick items out.

Deidra Cowen
07-22-2005, 05:04 AM
I was shopping at the MAC store here in atlanta in drab. Got about 4 items. I had them written down with the item numbers on a list since I had looked up on the net what I wanted.

The sales girl asked me who they were for so she could enter the name in the computer. I said my real name...she laughed and said no and meant the lady I was buying them for. I then said Deidra. She asked if I was married and I said no.

I now go to the MAC store in femme. She actually waited on me last Saturday and when she asked my name for the data file thing they do she smiled when my info came up on the computer...I think she remembered my drab guy. :)

DonnaT
07-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Only time I'll get a gift receipt is if it is an actual gift.

I've only been asked once if the purchase was for my wife, and that was at a makeup counter. I responded truthfully that it was, but that I use the product too. She paused for only a second to take that in, and then it was business as usual. Since she was cool, I then asked her about concealers to hide my beard shadow.