PDA

View Full Version : Woman's hair styling

ChloeB
06-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Do any of you have a woman's hair style in your natural hair? What reactions do you get when wearing men's colthes with a woman's hair style? How was it first time when you went to the hairdressers and asked for a woman's hair style?

Samantha43
06-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Hair? What hair?.......:D

JoAnne Wheeler
06-20-2009, 09:59 AM
At my age, most of my hair is gone on top - but the plus side is that it makes it a WHOLE lot easier to wear a wig !

JoAnne Wheeler

TGMarla
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
My hair is too thin to style any more. So I just cut it rather short and comb it back. Pattern baldness is a curse. :Angry3:

glynnis
06-20-2009, 10:04 AM
My hair is long,just below my shoulders.My wife normally does my hair for me but I really want to go to a haidressin salon and have done in a feminine style.Soon I:daydreaming: hope.

jennCD
06-20-2009, 10:07 AM
I have no hair style,... it's simply long.

:)
jenn

kellycan27
06-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Woman's hairstyle while dressed in men's clothing? I don't crossdress anymore so that will never happen. hehe.. Does sound kinda kinky though.:heehee:

sfwarbonnet
06-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Do any of you have a woman's hair style in your natural hair? What reactions do you get when wearing men's colthes with a woman's hair style? How was it first time when you went to the hairdressers and asked for a woman's hair style?

I now have a no-part style. I ike the scratch-and-go characteristic, but it is way to short. It appears that women's short styles are often very similar to longer styles for men. I am looking for a woman's short hair style that is also suitable in "boy" mode. Are there any websites that show styles suitable for both sexes?

SandieAE
06-20-2009, 02:02 PM
I have an appointment scheduled in August to get my thin hair styled in a female style. The hairdresser did not have any problems with it when I showed her a picture of the style I want - chin length on the sides and nearly down to the shoulders on the back with a part down the middle and bangs in the front. It is kind of thin on top (ain't old age grand!) so it will be interesting to see what it looks like when I am done. I have been growing my hair since last September. I am debating on whether to wear my heels in for my appointment or not. I definitely will be wearing my nylons (knee hi's) as that is all that I wear now. I have to go in drab mode as I have a full beard.

Sandie

Shikyo
06-20-2009, 03:15 PM
I didn't really get any reactions. The only time someone reacted was when she was asking how do I do it. I explained and showed it to her. Besides that no one has ever commented on it.

Jamie001
06-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I ALWAYS have a women's hairstyle complete with very noticable highlights in male mode. I really don't have a female more and just "am who I am", which is part male and part female. No one ever says anything because they are used to me being me. I believe that folks here are too overconcerned with such things. Just be who you are and don't let others expectations dictate how you live your life.

:2c: Jamie

Nigella
06-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Be Real, most GMs fail to notice their partners new hair do :D

Do you honestly believe that anyone will notice your hair do?

jennig
06-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi I have my hair cut in a chin lenght bob that is stacked in the back
with blond highlights, at first a few people made comments but i just told them this is how i like it , Iam sure people talk behind my back but who cares
I just want to be me!!!!
huggs jennig

Jamie001
06-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Have you considered "not worrying about the guy side of you" and just wear the fem hair style in guy mode along with guy clothing?

The trouble with growing longer hair, which is what I've been doing for the last few months, is that it's just long. Can't find a style that fits the guy side of me. Any ideas would be welcome.

Sarah89
06-20-2009, 05:49 PM
My hair itself isnt cut styled, its all the one length really, been growing it from a shaved head since summer 2006.
But I do style it,
Usually once or twice a week I'll set my hair in rollers, try different techniques, Im in love with curly hair at the moment haha ! so I usually try different curling techniques,
As far as reactions go , I seem to get good reactions from some of the chicks at work, and only a few of the guys notice, in which case I get a friendly "you are a pure gay mate !" and thats all banter , so its all good :p

Although I am thinking of getting long layers cut into my hair soon, and tempted with the idea of bangs too, :daydreaming:
hairdresser is coming next month I think , so yeah !!

Jonianne
06-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I wear my hair in a paige style and like others have said, no one really pays that much attention. Just be yourself, in interacting with others, not acting overly masculine or feminine. At work, the only thing that was said was my boss jokingly suggesting that he could reccommed a hair stylist from one of the hair salons that his family owns.

My hair stylist that I do go to just does my hair just like she does all the ladies who have a similar hairstyle. When I first went to her I just told her I wanted a basic paige style with bangs etc. She had no problem (and I tip her very well!) I have a picture in my photo section from Febuary. It is a little longer now, on the sides.

Hope
06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I have long hair that I wear in a pony-tail most days, but that doesn't make me look like a girl, it makes me look like a grad student from the history department of any state university in the world.

I am thinking about getting it cut in a girls style, but what ever I get done to it needs to still look right in a pony tail... So I am perplexed...

PretzelGirl
06-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I am one with the long hair that just goes back into a pony tail. So it is no big deal other than at-work, wacky humor (I work with a bored bunch I guess).

But I was on the local Air Force base no too long ago with my daughter and ran into a guy who had bangs with long hair pulled back in a high pony tail using a scrunchie. The tail was crimped and cut while it was a tail so the end came to a point. My daughter just looked at me with big eyes and I grinned at her. Once we were out of earshot, I asked her if she would like me to do my hair that way.

kay_jessica
06-21-2009, 04:48 AM
I have my hair styled every month or so and I have no problems at the salon. I get treated just the same as any other lady. As for when in male mode, which is now when I am working etc I just tie it into a pony tail, though it is a femme high one. I do not get any problems. Apart from a close colleague who jibes me about returning to my hippy youth (re long hair). I suspect that a goodly number of my colleagues suspect that I am trans, but they like most people don't really care.

Hugs

Kay

Jenniferpl
06-21-2009, 05:04 AM
There isn't enough hair left to style.

Stephanie Stephens
06-21-2009, 08:20 AM
I have had a female cut for about a year now. The first time, I tried to explain to the gal how I wanted it cut and was not getting anywhere. So I motioned to the girl to come closer and I whispered in her ear "I like to cross-dress from time to time". She knows me and said "really?". I said "yes". Then I got the cut I wanted.

My last cut I went to a different girl who I thought was a better stylist and who also is my past hair cutter. I didn't want to tell this girl about my dressing so I found a style on the net that I thought would work well with my hair and I loaded the pic on my cell phone. Then I went for my appointment. When she asked how I wanted it I just showed her the pic on my phone. Got the cut I wanted and I love it.

My hair

Sammy777
06-21-2009, 08:37 AM
I have had long hair most of my life. Parted on the side or centered. Not much style other then long, is long a style?

PrettyFlowingGown
06-21-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm growing my hair long again at moment, so when its long enough, I'll be styling it ladies style.

Jilmac
06-21-2009, 10:40 AM
I didn't know that skin could be styled, :tongueout I wear wigs to cover my bald noggin.

AKAMichelle
06-21-2009, 12:02 PM
I have been letting my hair grow for the last year. This is the longest that my hair has ever been. I met Hana of Hana's Designs in Denver, CO sometime back who I talked with about hairstyles and she showed me partial wigs which could match the color of my own hair. By doing this she said it would look almost nature. Much better than the wig I currently have. I have to say when she put the partial wig on, what a difference it made. She told me to come back later this summer after it grows out some more and she would help me with a hair style to match the partial wig.

So sometime later this year I will begin coloring and cutting my hair like a woman. Then comes the tricky part. Since I own my own business, I will most likely have to wear everything hidden in a ponytail. With the ponytail and pierced ears I look like a balding throwback from the 60's.

Erika_girliegirl
06-21-2009, 07:02 PM
i unfortunaly have to have short hair because of the business i'm in.. but once i'm out its going long and i'm going to get blond highlights and have a great time with it:)

5150 Girl
06-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm a rocker, so I can pull off long hair.
However, due to the ravages of time, I have taken to wigs (espeicaly the one in my avatar) on nearly a dayly basis

StephanieC
06-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I guess you could say I have a fem style. It didn't exactly start out that way....I asked my stylist to help me grow my hair long. Over time, it's been layered and trimmed for split ends. I used to style it with center parts, side parts, tried various products, and set it in curlers. Not long ago, I had it permed. Reactions have run the gamut with some unreacting, some asking "why", and some (people closest to me) reacting negatively. I think a lot has to do with the style you've had for the longest time: if you change your look often, it's less a deal; if you haven't changed in decades, any change will seem traumatic and cause for alarm.

I like playing with hair. Ok, it might seem superficial. But I think it's a bit like a artist's palette. And one day I'll probably be bald anyway. That's what I tell people who ask.

sfwarbonnet
07-04-2009, 01:26 PM
A short woman's style like Jamie Lee Curtis wears would seem to be a unisex style, with no earrings or stud earrings in "boy" mode and longer earrings and makeup in "girl" mode. The more "girl" things that one can wear in "boy" mode too, the less there is that needs to be changed when shapeshifting