PDA

View Full Version : One crowded hour and no-one really noticed

Suzy_French
06-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I've finally done it.........On Friday I went for my first journey with "general public" while I was looking as feminine as I possibly can.

I spent the morning getting ready.....did a little waxing, applied heaps of make-up, got dressed in opaque black stockings, 4" heels and my cute blonde wig, a pretty black skirt and a lepard print silk shirt. Jumped into my car (first time driving in heels) and drove over to a major shopping mall.

Parked in the undercover car park, got out and stepped into the bedlam of a mall filled with Friday shoppers, and I mean thousands of them!

My heart was racing, and I was feeling a little paranoid but I soon realised that not many people even noticed me. There were a few who made eye contact, and the reactions were mixed.......I think a few women realised instantly that I was an imposter, and I loved the delicous way they smiled at me. Other women showed no reaction whatso ever.

I must admit that it was the guys reactions that I couldn't bear to see.......It seems strange that I could relish the reaction of a woman, like I was dressing for them. I'm not sure whether I felt too embaressed to meet a guys eyes as he stared at me, or just wasn't that interested. Truth be know it was a mix of both, but I think I realised for the first time that chicks really do dress for each other, and the reaction of men is simply a by-product of that. Dunno, but I have a feeling that in a general way that this is true.

All the same, I've been out dressed as a woman and I loved the experience, but i think it would be better to be out and about with other crossdressers, someone to laugh about the experience with.

The other thing it made me think about was who I am..........a woman in a mans body, or a guy who loves looking pretty. I've decided that I just like looking pretty, even if that seems a little shallow. The sisters of the world can have all the issues of womanhood. I don't feel like a cheat taking just the parts that I like best!

Just don't crowd me out.

Suzy

TommiTN
06-20-2009, 08:26 PM
You just described people's reactions every time I've been out. People are so wrapped up in their own lives they generally don't notice unless you force the issue.

"All the same, I've been out dressed as a woman and I loved the experience, but i think it would be better to be out and about with other crossdressers, someone to laugh about the experience with."

I love it ,too; there's nothing else quite like it. I do think, however, that it is much easier to go relatively unnoticed if you're by yourself. A group of CDers does draw attention.

DeeDeeB
06-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Congrats dear, it's a big step you've made.

To get together with other CDs, try one of the many conferences or cruises that are listed in upcoming events. SCC Atlanta was a blast last year, and I'm hoping to get to Provincetown this year.

There's also lots of support groups around in unlikely places. I just found one at the church I attend! I haven't joined yet, but I'm giving it serious thought.

Dee :fairy1:

Kim_Bitzflick
06-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Now that you've done that, you won't ever want to stop.

Kate17
06-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I like that thought " a guy who likes to look pretty" Fits me to a tee. I love it.

Kathi Lake
06-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Glad it was a good experience - the first of many, I'm sure! Way to get out there and have fun!

Kathi