PDA

View Full Version : Can u take a break from CDing?

docrobbysherry
06-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm just back from my self-imposed exile from "all things CD". Tried it last year. Because I felt I NEEDED to. It was becoming overwhelming then. Both in my thots, and time spent on it!:sad:

I feel a bit more balanced this year. :) But, wanted to see how a CD break effected me! I thot about it some, bought a couple of things, and ALMOST revealed my SECRET to a couple of guys during a drinking session. When a TG discussion began!:eek: They sounded understanding but, THAT would have been a BIG MISTAKE!:doh:

Does anyone else ever feel the need to take a holiday from CDing?
For WHATEVER reason(s)?:brolleyes:

Victoria Anne
06-21-2009, 11:38 AM
No though I did so in the Marine Corps for obvious reasons but thats pretty much it I take to much of a break wearing male shirts and shoes for work.

countrygirl
06-21-2009, 11:55 AM
I use to think that I could stop and just have it go away, But I learned a long time ago that crossdressing is a part of me and that I can not changed and I have accepcted it and embrace it. It is a huge part of who I am. I love it, now if I can just come out of the closet to more people and have them accepct me for who I am I will be happy.

Alice Torn
06-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Doc. Nice Avatar! Wow! Nice look! It is good to take a sabbatical, from most hobbies, work, routines. I see where some on here go months without dressing. I went six weeks, last year, and about a month now. Crises in life, can do it. Crises which demand full attention. I believe, we have to come to the point, where we can survive, and live without a whole lot of things we think we can;t live without, even dressing, though we might miss them. If i was thrown into a prison, or war , or riot zone, i doubt if drossdressing would be high on my agenda! It is a luxury. I think we appreciate things, when we go without them, for a time, too. Good subject.

PretzelGirl
06-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Welcome back. Glad to have you back in the land of the posting! :hugs:

jasmine57
06-21-2009, 12:54 PM
I stopped for over a year because of an accident I had. I use to lay in bed and crave my dressing days all the time. After I was finally able to walk again and get back out on my own I jumped right back into the pool and haven't looked back since. I gave it up out of neccessity but was very unhappy about it and don't think I will ever give it up again.

deja true
06-21-2009, 12:56 PM
My dressing is a break from the stress that is "what's-his-name's" life...

And that I would never want to take a break from ... Nuh-uh!

:eek:

sissystephanie
06-21-2009, 01:50 PM
As I have said in other posts, I did take a 5 year break some years ago. I actually had intended to quit completely, but my dear late wife decided otherwise. She literally begged me to start dressing again because she missed Stephanie. I was not only her husband, but also her best girl friend!!What could I do? Of course without her to do my makeup and fix my wig, I don't go out as Stephanie any more. I now just go out as a guy in Stephanie's clothes!:heehee::love:

Teri Jean
06-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes, and I started it this past week, well let's say a much reduced time dressing and all. I still will be dressed for bed and in the morning for work but the 4-5hrs after work will be set aside for my male side. Things to do and work to catch up on. Have a great summer and be as bad as you can LOL.

Keli

Deedee Dupree
06-21-2009, 03:22 PM
For WHATEVER reason(s)?:brolleyes:

Hi Doc, Nice to see you back. It comes and goes in cycles and when I FEEL a change coming on I trust that and go with it. I learned the hard way that if I run crossdressing into the ground and not stop before I am bored & burned out that that can create new baggage. I want to go back to it on an uptick. Not always successful... My sig, "cool head in the heartland" refers to this.

Shelly Preston
06-21-2009, 03:55 PM
I have taken a break from CD ing

However I never really felt that I needed to take a break

It is just something that can happen on ocasions

As always that depends on how long you consider a break to be ?

Teri Jean
06-21-2009, 06:32 PM
This past week I decided to take a break but did not realize that my "addiction" has been so complete. Or maybe it is that I would rather be dressed as a woman more than as a guy. I will have to take each day at a time.

Keli

Gabrielle Hermosa
06-21-2009, 06:46 PM
For WHATEVER reason(s)?

No.

Back in my dark years, when I mistakenly believed that cding was a sickness, I tried to take a permanent break from it all the time, but that's a different thing entirely.

Although I do not take any breaks on purpose, life has a way of making me take breaks whether I like it or not (and I do not like it). There are sometimes weeks that go by in which I cannot crossdress at all. I live a very busy, hectic life. As much as I wish it did, crossdressing does not pay the bills, or take care of chores, or any of dozens of things that are constantly pulling for my attention. :( I won't even get in to all the other things of personal enjoyment I've simply had to give up as my life has grown busier each year. I can't give up who I am though, nor do I want to.

Welcome back, btw. :)

Stacye Rose
06-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Haven't dressed since August of last year. Just don't feel like I'd look good enough in the mirror to go through the "hassle" of getting dressed. I guess what I'm saying is I don't think I would look good enough to myself to make it worth the effort

Paula Roush
06-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I think I have found a way to slow my Cross dressing down alot. It is called Testosterone. My Doctor put my on Shots.

I Inject 1.5 Milliliters every 10 days. I have lost the thought to dress almost to one dress up a week from every other day.

:brolleyes: :brolleyes: :brolleyes: :brolleyes:

Carly D.
06-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I understand the drinking and feeling like you could have possibly told.. of course depending on the amount you had drunk you could claim that it was just a drunken fantasy that you always wondered what it would be like to cross dress.. as far as taking a break from cross dressing I kinda am taking a break from it right now.. with the temperature getting so hot I don't like to feel even hotter in the clothes that I wear.. (chick clothes that is).

Kate Simmons
06-21-2009, 08:28 PM
I suppose RS but sometimes I think some of us get to a point where it really doesn't matter. For instance I've been crossdressing as Rich for awhile now, or have I? When you get to the place where you've balanced and intergrated all of the feelings, I think the answer is up for grabs. If you are always the same person and you have both femme and homme elements can you really be considered a CD? That is the million dollar question methinks.:battingeyelashes::)

SweetCaroline
06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
At this point I couldn't. It's too much a part of my lifestyle, not to mention my social life. I'm pretty much a public part of the community as a crossdresser to the point where getting home from work and dressing up in the evening to go out with friends en femme is as routine to me as getting up in the morning and going to work as a male.

I do need a breather every now and then, but two or three days in the beginning of the week usually does it for me.

Cary
06-21-2009, 11:16 PM
I take a break every now and then, but the breaks never last longer than a week.

Jilmac
06-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I spent too many years in the closet while married and working in my trade and took all the breaks I'll ever need. I'm happy to be out now, and proud that I can be me without any negative consequences. That said, there won't be any more CD breaks for this girl. :)

AmberNation
06-22-2009, 12:01 AM
I've slowed down a little from time to time. But never really took an intentional break.

jessiejess112
06-22-2009, 03:32 AM
I've been wanting to dress for the past two weeks but haven't gotten a chance to do it.
It's always either work or something related to family, and to be honest I haven't made the time either.
So I do think it's natural to take breaks, for me the urge comes and goes.
I figure the urge is not too strong right now for me, otherwise I would make the time to dress.

pinkeverything
06-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I am just coming off a long break. I still haven't dressed up, but I can tell it isn't going to be long. I have worn a wig a few times for quick gratification sessions with myself, but other than that....nothing for about 6 months.

ukxdress
06-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm having a break at present. My wife has a few things on her plate, and doesn't need me causing her anymore problems, so time for a rest.

Joni Marie Cruz
06-22-2009, 01:45 PM
I guess I could. But it would be like hitting my hand with a 24 oz machinist hammer, it would feel better when I stopped. Stopped stopping, that is. You know what I mean.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Mistybtm
06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
In A word NO I have tried it but then i always end up putting somthing on night gown or somthing the only time i am not dressed in somthing is when i am at work or out and about doing errons but then i may still have on pantied or hose under my drab.:D

LisaM
06-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I took a 10+ year break but I'm glad I'm back.

Carola
06-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Ok, i can but i would not. When i have a lot of work, i get home really tired and with nothing in my mind but to get in bed. That way it could be , two four months? Weekends are even busier for me. But i know that at least i have one day off, i'm back in bussiness... and happy.

Marcia Blue
06-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I dressed occasionally after my second marriage started. She knows but,"Out of sight out of mind".

Ten years into this marrige, my son, from the first marriage stated that he wanted to live with us.

My first wife also knew of my dressing but, she went from supportive to vindictive. This was not the total cause but, it did contribute to the end of the marriage. (A whole other story unto its own.)

While we fought for custody of my son, I tool a complete break from dressing (2 years). I was bear to live with, and had long boughts of insomnia.

Was It worth it? With out a doubt, and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Tasha McIntyre
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM
No way, not now I have discovered this site and gained a fair understanding of the whole deal.

I have taken breaks in the past before I gained this understanding, but never again I don't think, esp now I have experienced the joys of a crowded shopping mall.

Tash :)

Carly D.
06-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Self imposed exile from CD island..

Bluesman
06-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't need to take a break, in the sense of making myself stop, but periodically I lose any desire to CD, and so do take a break because I don't have the impulse to dress. Of course, I used to think those periods meant I was "cured" and was no longer a crossdresser. After I few times, you learn better. Also, before I was as accepting of myself as I am now, I would go through periods where I felt I shouldn't CD, and would not dress even though I had the desire. Again, after a few times, you learn better. Now, if I feel like dressing, I dress, if not, I don't.

Josephine 1941
06-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi Doc, I guess you can say I am on a break. I have put on 20 lbs. An I hate the way I look dressed. I am no spring chicken at 68 an seeing all of you younger good looking C D's I am jealous. I wish I had done it at a younger age but wives ,kids and job just were not lined up right. I have a wonderful GG that I am living with who by the way is the same size in all our cloths and shoes. She said that I look good and loves me dressed , so once in a while I do it for her. Right now its more hit an miss. JO:daydreaming::c9::cheers::Pullhair::hf::danceman :

Teri Jean
06-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Thank you Sherry for the post and the time to think about this more than I should have. When I first read this post I thought maybe I should take time off and get a few things done. What I found was I could not focus as to what I needed and what was important. The lack of sleep coupled with the inability to separate work and pleasure (CDing) put me into a slump that I knew quickly this was not going to go well.

There is a saying in recovery scenerios one does not try to deal with to many things at one time because you are most likely going to fail at all. So without getting to deep I have decided to approach this differently. So to that end I want to thank you Sherry for testing my resolve and affording me the reflection I needed.

To all who read this post and the many who have participated with their comments, huggs to you all. Have a great day .

Keli

Deedee Dupree
06-23-2009, 08:32 PM
When I first read this post I thought maybe I should take time off and get a few things done. What I found was I could not focus as to what I needed and what was important. The lack of sleep coupled with the inability to separate work and pleasure

(CD Keli

Hi Keli, I have previously responded to this thread. Your post inspires a brief comment. I regard the ability to manage our urges as a skill, just like anything else that is worthwhile. IMO, the time it takes to accomplish this is time well spent.

LA CINDY LOVE
06-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes you can......you may take a long break or a short break but you will soon be back.....and better.

LA CINDY LOVE

Teri Jean
06-23-2009, 09:01 PM
DeeDee, you are so right. Thanks Keli Huggs

Rachel Morley
06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Taking a break? ... no I can't, or do I want to. The only times I have taken a break from CDing (in the past) they have all had the same outcome. I am always (after a couple of weeks) mega depressed and really down and miserable :sad::sad::sad: There is no way that I can "take a break" ... it's who I am.

Ok, when I first started dressing and we'd (me and my wife) go out to a CD event, when I came home I wanted to take the clothes off ... but that was because I was not used to my wig, I was all corset-ed up, with super high heels, a mega tight skirt etc etc.... then, when I started to dress (and act) like a regular GG things changed. Now, I just can't be without some level of "feminine expression" I am different now. I need crossdressing in my life to be happy. Taking a break is not on the agenda. :2c:

Pauline Lauren
06-23-2009, 10:18 PM
I really think I have to say the answer for me is also a resounding "NO". Each day I get home from work I have the choice of what to put on, and it always strays towards my feminine clothes. The same when I go to bed. There are occasions where I have to "go drab", work, visitors, errands, social committments, family etc, but always when I am done with these things I go back to my feminine clothing, even if it's just underdressing.

I have accepted that it is simply a part of me, a part of me that I really enjoy having this connection with. Why would I want to take a break from that?

>>>hugs<<<
Pauline