PDA

View Full Version : Who is your role model?

Kathy Miller
06-21-2009, 04:57 PM
What one woman in your life would you say has been your biggest role model for becoming a woman?

For me, it is my Mother-in-law. She has it all. She is so feminine and womanly! She has a kind, gentle understanding way about her that I adore.

Deborah Jane
06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Every day i learn something new from her :love:

immike
06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
What one woman in your life would you say has been your biggest role model for becoming a woman?

For me, it is my Mother-in-law. She has it all. She is so feminine and womanly! She has a kind, gentle understanding way about her that I adore.

My favorite role-models are the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders&I'd love to wear
a custom-made replica of their uniforms/w out the stars,just to see how it
feels.I'd love to wear the shorts,pantyhose&white boots,as well as the blouse
and vest:)

SweetCaroline
06-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Does it have to be a GG woman. One of my biggest role models as an out crossdresser was another T-girl, who inspired me to become all the woman I could become. I don't think I have any GG role models.

Erika_girliegirl
06-21-2009, 05:20 PM
i think my role-model even though she does not know i cd is my wife.. she dresses exactly how i want to.. which gives me plenty of clothes to wear when we are living together:) and she takes me to pedicure's:) only thing is i made jokes about wearing her clothes and she said no she is the only one that wears female clothes

TJ Tresa
06-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Cain't realy say anyone person. I can not remember ever not wanting to be a girl. My roll models have been my wife, Donna Reed, Mary Tyler Moore, and other TV icons, and of course my sister who passed away before I was born. How does my sister inspire me, simple I like to emulate the kind of girl I hoped she would have been.

Lisa Golightly
06-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Audrey Hepburn... An absolute angel :)

Deedee Dupree
06-21-2009, 06:06 PM
For me it's my late wife...

Audrey Hepburn... An absolute angel :)

Yes, extraordinary royal princess. Just watched Roman Hoiday recently and found myself trying to emulate her..... acting the part as the movie ran :) Love the "costumes" in that one.

pattyv
06-21-2009, 06:12 PM
My wife.Definitely. She is so feminine and pretty. She has exquisite taste in clothing and all things relating to the female. Even our GG friends say she is a role model for them. She knows I wish I could be like her while at the same time she admires my male character and independence.

Teri Jean
06-21-2009, 06:17 PM
I would have to say there are so many but the reality is my daughters are my biggest role models and they do not know I CD or at least have not said anything as yet. Maybe they are waiting for me to say it to them.

Keli

TxKimberly
06-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Karen Hutton - she has class and taught me that I didn't need to hide in hotel rooms!

Sophie Lynne
06-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Thats so hard to nail down. Just one? Wow.

I can't do just one, and mine are all T-gurls. So:

Christie down in Latin America, for style, grace, and wit
Heidi Phox for showing just how fem a straight man can be
Kimberly from TX for showing that going out IS possible, and doing it beautifully
Kellie Keane also for class and for doing so in an area that could be rough.
Steph Yeats for doing it all with a sense of charm
Jone (a local girl) for encouraging me since my first night out
and last but not least:
Linda Lewis for showing me that dreams can come true

Gabrielle Hermosa
06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure I've ever really had one.

I think in many ways, my wife has been one to me. She's beautiful, caring, kind, loving, understanding... puts up with me. lol She's also a very tough woman - the kind that doesn't take crap from anyone. I've always admired that about her. When we first started dating, I had a lot of trouble being assertive or dealing with people who gave me a hard time. She is the one who really toughened me up in that regard. I love her so much for it. She's taught me how to deal with a lot of life's troubles that I was not very good with in the past. And later in life, she taught me how to put on makeup and hook my own bra. :heehee:

Miranda09
06-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Wow...my role model? Well, prior to coming here I never really had one. However, since coming here I would have to say Jenee as she gave me so much encouragement, support, and advice when I had my first time out (Be-All). Also I would have to say Dianaprince (Mary) who also has inspired me to look my best. :)

Kate Simmons
06-21-2009, 08:03 PM
My maternal Grandmother. She was a spunky and independent woman.:)

christinek
06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Hands down my wife!

Ever seen those movies where people switch bodies (Like Father, Like Son) and the like. I would so love to be my wife.

I have even told her my preference however she has no desire to be male, dammit :devil:
I so want to find that root in the dessert :D

Rachel Morley
06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
That's easy - my wife! She is my inspiration. It was her who brought me out of the closet. It was her who helped and nurtured my feminine side. She's the person who I try to emulate, both in attitude and the way she moves and acts. She is a Godess and a perfect role model for me as far as I'm concerned :)

Dressing Jill
06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
My best friend's Mother. If you were to read the book of educate you would see Phylis she is the picture perfect women. Her walk, stance, manors, the way she eats, sits, sleeps, cleans (well has the maid clean), clothing she wears, It is hard to find another lady with so many qualities.

Jilmac
06-21-2009, 11:33 PM
I can't really claim any one person as my role model. I guess I'm a composite of all the females in my life.

Cary
06-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Gee! That's a hard one. There are so many GGs and CDers that are a role model to me in one way or another. I could be at this all night at this. If I had to just choose one person, I'd say a GG friend I've known for about 20+ years. She has style and grace weather she's wearing a bathrobe or ball gown. I've seen her in both. She somehow gets better with age. I love her natrual beauty, wisdom and spirt. If I could just put a little of that into myself, I'd be awsome.

Suzy Harrison
06-22-2009, 10:25 AM
JoAnn07 and TxKimberly for showing me it is possible to get out there.

I went from hiding in my hotel room, to a life full time as a female in just 22 months, thanks to the inspiration they gave me

:love: Suzy

MJ
06-22-2009, 10:30 AM
everyone here. i am what i am today because you

Joan Merrie
06-22-2009, 11:00 AM
My wonderful wife, she has stood by me for 20 years, on this long strange trip. :hugs:

LisaM
06-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I have so many that I'll have to start a list beginning with my mother, my wife, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Raquel Welch, Sophia Loren, Brook Shields, Julie Andrews, Paulina Porizkova, Christine Jorgensen, and....there are so many more.....

Danielle Gee
06-22-2009, 03:50 PM
I have to agree with Kimberly.....I've never been to Pittsburg, Don't enjoy hockey, and have never met her....But Karen Hutton is my heroine....She is everything (TV wise) I wish I could be.

Marisa_M
06-25-2009, 10:14 AM
My mother has been my feminine role model since I can remember: she was beautiful, elegant, charming and extremely feminine.

And also she had a really huge wardrobe, dozens of shoes of any kind and tons of cosmetics.:battingeyelashes:

Stefanie_Adams
06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Karen teach me Pleeaasse!!!:)
Hmmmmm role models let me see. I took my name from Stefanie Powers, and I also like Liz Claman of the fox business channel and Robin Meade on CNN morning express, but I think deep in my subconscious it is my Grandmother (my moms mother) spent lots and lots of time with her playing games cleaning house doing the laundry and listening to her about how dirty boys were :heehee:
Of course no offense to anyone

PaulaJaneThomas
06-25-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't really have a role model. There's any number of women who I'd love to look like but really my life journey is more about discovering me than imitating someone else.

DanaR
06-25-2009, 01:22 PM
This is a question that I had never thought about. The more that I think about it, I realize that I've tried to be more like my mom.