PDA

View Full Version : Since I'm TS I need to be out and about

Kimberly Marie Kelly
06-21-2009, 07:38 PM
So this weekend, I went to the post office as me with a mini skirt and blouse, no wig, trying to grow my hair, what I have longer. Stood in line with out any issues, felt calm and content. Today I mowed my lawn again with skirt and v-neck top, then visited my neighbor and chatted on her deck for awhile. Her husband Tom knows I'm TS and one of her children saw me also, Felt good to be me..Also my son and his girl friend came over and I stayed for awhile for fathers day, stayed dressed as me..

I'm trying to be more visible and go out in normal situations as I will be transitioning at work in 6 months or so.. Need to be able to live as me. It felt good to be me.. :battingeyelashes:

Presh GG
06-21-2009, 10:05 PM
CONGRATULATIONS KIMBERLY
SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL DAY
ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU,

springtime and Tea

Sammy777
06-22-2009, 03:01 AM
That is great, glad you had a nice day out and around friends and family just being you.

Empress Lainie
06-22-2009, 04:27 AM
Good for you sweetheart, I know how wonderful it makes you feel.

Gisele
06-22-2009, 08:19 AM
That's great!:hugs:

Rachel Morley
06-22-2009, 09:14 AM
That's good to hear. Being yourself is so important, and if you can do it without any issues (even in line at the post office) it's even better. Sounds like you have a good supportive network around you. :)

Annie D
06-22-2009, 10:52 AM
The good news is that you are out as yourself. In the time between where you are now and when you are out at work, you should be completely at ease as you "expose" yourself to new situations. Each day will bring new challenges and triumphs; each will make you stronger and more the person you want to become. You have made huge strides already and the best is yet to come!

jennifer easton
06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Kimberly I'm so envious, just the fact you have your own hair, I like so many others need to resort to wearing a wig, in the hot weather this is a little uncomfortable, but just to throw on a little something and look as good as you do, and now being so comfortable in you community has to be a big boost to your confidence, your hard work really shows, good luck to you and all your dreams.

pamela_a
06-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Way to go Kimberly. It's a great feeling finally being able to get out into the world as you. Keep it up.

-Pam-

Aubrey Green
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
You are who you are. Good going girl! Keep the tide rolling! :daydreaming:

Pauline Lauren
06-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Wonderful Kimberly, it sounds like you had a great weekend and it must have been a very liberating experience! I'm so happy for you!

>>>hugs<<<
Pauline

JaytoJillian
06-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Congrats, Kimberly, I am happy that you have accepting friends and family!

Hope
06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
You rule.

Angel.Marie76
06-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Congrats to you hun for getting out and about! I'm working on the same here.. just getting out and doing things.. simple things, more often.. one more day at a time.
:hugs: Keep those spirits up!

gender_blender
06-23-2009, 08:43 AM
A wonderful and inspirational example for anyone not closeted.
Keep up the great progress!