PDA

View Full Version : Not fit for the garden

Lorileah
06-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok take this as humorous, I did. It just reflects what I put up with here daily :)

My MIL has moved back in with me. She moved out 2 days after my wife died. That isa whole nother story as they say. When she decided to move in I made the point that it was OK BUT I dressed like I do when I want and it is MY house so she couldn't say anything about it.

Yesterday, my nephew was over and we were discussing something I can't remember what. Anyway I made the comment that I should find a rich guy to pay my way. (my nephew and all his family know about me and they are very accepting, even to the point he went out with me when we were both dressed one night). My MIL did the little Huff sound and said, "why would anyone do that?" Without thinking I said "have you SEEN my pictures?" She looked at me and told me. "Yes I have and they are not fit to use in the garden as scarecrows."

The good news is nothing is raiding my garden now. and she was wrong They are fit ;)

Persephone
06-22-2009, 12:25 AM
My MIL did the little Huff sound and said, "why would anyone do that?" Without thinking I said "have you SEEN my pictures?" She looked at me and told me. "Yes I have and they are not fit to use in the garden as scarecrows."

The good news is nothing is raiding my garden now. and she was wrong They are fit ;)

First off, while I have no idea of your situation nor circumstances, I would say that you are an absolue Princess for taking your MIL in.

And now that you have taken her in, there is no reason to be taken in by her. You are absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine that a man of wealth and power wouldn't want a trophy wife who looked like you!

As to scaring crows, well, we haven't seen any pictures of your MIL, have we?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Paulette
06-22-2009, 12:46 AM
OK everyone what is a MIL? And as for a scarecrow you have got to be kidding, you look wonderful.

"Mary"
06-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Happiness is having a large, loving, close knit family....

...That lives in another city!!

Ha! I say that, but don't really mean it. but sometimes, things like this bring that smart ass saying to mind.

Love the pics Lorileah. MIL is probably jealous.

Misty is Kindafem
06-22-2009, 01:47 AM
All I can say is, ...wow.

You're like some kind of saintess (that's right, I made it up) for taking her in. I feel like we should pass a plate or something.

Your MIL seems like a sitcom character and she's probably a hoot, like what's her name (Estelle Getty) on the Golden Girls. (is it wrong that I loved that show?)

Not fit for the garden? Hardly. Unless smokin' hot pics are bad for flowers.

-Misty

"Mary"
06-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Your MIL seems like a sitcom character and she's probably a hoot, like what's her name (Estelle Getty) on the Golden Girls. (is it wrong that I loved that show?)
-Misty

Owen!!! Bring me my supper!!! :heehee:
(From Throw Momma from the Train)

rachel_rachel
06-22-2009, 02:07 AM
If it was my mother in law, she'd be the one outside scaring the birds, and everything else that comes within a 5 kilometre radius.

Miranda09
06-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Lorileah, you look great no matter what backdrop you use. Sounds like you've got the MIL from HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Joni Marie Cruz
06-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Sounds like you should cut back on your MIL's vitamin "B", if you take my meaning. And hon, you are out and out gorgeous. I'd love to have you in my garden anytime.

Hugs...Joni Mari

AlannahNorth
06-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Well, your MIL is probably green with envy - your pics (that I've seen) are great!

TGMarla
06-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Yes, they are fit. In fact, I don't think they would scare many birds, really. Hmmmm.....maybe she's right. To truly scare the birds, you might need to use her pictures!

Kate Simmons
06-22-2009, 09:23 AM
I think you are beautiful my friend.:)

Charlena
06-22-2009, 09:31 AM
You are beautiful in more ways than one, Lorileah.

JoAnne Wheeler
06-22-2009, 10:19 AM
If you are the Scarecrow, then I am the Tinman

You are an absolute saint for taking you MIL in - and you are completely correct in esablishing the fact that it is your house and that you will dress how you want in your house - if she cannot handle that, that is just too bad

JoAnne Wheeler

Tamara Croft
06-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I think you should stick her outside in the garden... he mouth alone is enough to scare anyone... saying horrible things like that... bad bad MIL... post a picture of her... :heehee:

TxKimberly
06-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Hmmm . . she speaks to you this way when you are allowing her to live in your home?
Call me crazy, but were I living on someone elses generosity, I think I'd be inclined to be a bit nicer

SherriePall
06-22-2009, 11:40 AM
You look absolutely fantastic in those pics, Lorileah. As for your MIL, good luck. That's all I'll say on that subject.

trannie T
06-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Your mother in law is no judge of beauty. You look terrific. I am envious, my photos have proven to be quite useful in ridding my kitchen of cockroaches.

Terrianne Wells
06-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Lorileah,
Sounds like your MIL should be in the garden as she is green with envy! You are hot, GF!

Stephanie Miller
06-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I've seen your pictures (quite fetching dear), but I haven't seen a picture of your MIL to see how she fits on the "attractive" scale. BUT, even with that said ... being a person that has placed a wager or two in my time - I'll be willing to bet, sight unseen, that you scale higher on the Hot or Not scale. Can you talk her into it? Let us know. It would be fun to watch. Even if, (BIG "if" ), we played fair and know one here voted.

suchacutie
06-22-2009, 10:31 PM
I thought for sure you were about to talk about the fact that changing gender and gardening are NOT compatible for us high-maintenance girl types! My wife has asked a number of times about Tina in the garden and we just can't figure out how to make it work. How the heck are we going to go out and get dirty after all that work to put on all that makeup!!! :)

So, now that you straightened me out on this thread, let me say that you are gorgeous, girl!!!! I had a great MIL, loved her to tears, totally! I wish she were still with us. But yours needs to consider thinking about her manners, really!

But do let me know how you keep the birds out of the garden.

!!!

tina

dawnmarrie1961
06-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Maybe Mil feels that you are trying to replace her "mother" with your fem self & feels it as a threat. She may need to be reassured that that is not you intent. That no matter what you will never be even 1/2 the woman that her mother was.

Marcia Blue
06-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Lorileah,
Your MIL needs new glasses, or a change of address.
That being said, she is family, be it your wifes family, hopefully she will see how hurtful she has been.

I would consider having a heart to heart if she continues putting you down in any way. Please do not step down to her level for your wife's memories sake. (Though I doubt you would).

Huggs and hang in there,

Marissa Anne
06-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Wow. But then, mothers-in-law are not SUPPOSED to be easy to get along with. That's the stereotype anyway. Hold onto that if anything else!

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. You look fanTASTIC!

BeckiB
06-23-2009, 07:08 AM
What an old bitty you have for a MIL. Are you sure you are not living in a sitcom? LOL

I agree with the others..stick her pic out in the garden.

Chari
06-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Sounds like your MIL is jealous of your generous beautiful feminine side! Have her look into a mirror to see "who is the fairest of all".

Niya W
06-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I'd say stick the MIlL in the garden. She already has the stick up her ass :)

Teri Jean
06-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Lori you are one sexy ladiy and you can take that to the mother-in-law. Maybe she needs some tender loving care from inside the trunk LOL. Shake her up and tell her Keli thinks she's hot. LOL Nothing like an in your face approach.

:-) Keli with huggs

Shelly Preston
06-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear your Mil is so nasty to you

Given your pics I can only assume she is jealous of how you look

Its a shame she chose to say such things given she is living under your roof :Angry3: