PDA

View Full Version : Strapless Bra For Breast Forms

Madilyn
07-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey Girls,

As has been discussed in another thread, I recently got my breast forms and I also ordered a sheer bra designed with pockets for the breast forms. Well, I received the bra a few days ago, and it is a match made in heaven with the breast forms...you couldn't ask for a better fit of the overall package.

The only problem I"m having is the fact that both my dresses for the big weekend coming up need a strapless bra. One dress is off the shoulders, and the other one has spaggetti straps. I can't wear my brand new breast forms bra with those dresses because of the support straps, so I'm a bit bummed about it, yet certainly willing to continue to look for the right answer.. I pretty much determined that I now need help in finding a suitable strapless bra. :D

I've done some comprehensive research on the Net and have resigned myself to the fact that nobody is making a strapless bra that is designed to hold breast forms yet, so I have to go conventional.

Fredericks has a couple of nice strapless bras to choose from, so I may go with them. I have a question though...since my breast forms are 38D, should I buy a strapless bra of the same size or should I get a size bigger? I want to make sure the breast forms are nice and snug and comfy in that strapless bra. BTW, both dresses are such that I'm covered in the chest area, so no cleavage. I'll be glad when the day comes that I can shave my body :(

Thanks for your thoughts and insights, you gals always come up with helpful and attainable goals and suggestions. You're all very talented women...

United,

Maddy :cool:

Madilyn
07-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Mums the word I guess...I've never know you gals to be so "non-vocal"...I guess nobody knows the best way around my dilemma... :(

ChristineRenee
07-25-2004, 05:03 AM
Hi Maddy,

This dosen't so much address your strapless bra issue, but have you seen the Nu-Bra self adhesive breast forms? The largest size they are available is a C. I have a pair in C and they are fantastic. They allow me to go bra-less and they have the added feature of allowing you to create some cleavage. The forms can attach to each other as would a front close bra. By spacing them farther or nearer to each other and securing the front clasp, it lets you decide how much cleavage you'd like to have. You ought to check them ought as it has solved the problem for me in choosing the right bra for what I'm wearing.

One more plus that I experienced with these marvels this week is that they are great to wear with a bathing suit and they stay on even when in the water for a considerable time. I spent 2 days this week by my pool about 3 hours each day getting some sun and swimming. I just got 2 new suits Monday from Newport News and was dying to try them on. I would have been by the pool with my new suits even if it was raining and 60 degrees out.

I hope this helps because these Nu-Bra Forms have made my life a little easier.

Hugs,
Jacki
Hi Jacki & Maddy,

I too have the Nu-Bra in both sizes B & C and they are everything that Jacki says they are. Great for strapless fashions and especially swim suits. I have several one piece swim suits and two bikini's and they work just great in all of them. I got mine at a local pharmacy...and it was cheaper actually they ordering from TV or thru the internet. Well worth the investment and a real problem solver for the serious CD'er.

Christine

P.S. I neglected to mention the pharmacy I got it at in my initial post. It was at CVS Pharmacy. Sorry bout that girlz.

Darby
07-25-2004, 06:21 AM
You go girlfriend! Your going to love the D's and I want to see a new picture! I also rated you a 10 honey because your a sweetheart, beautiful and a really sweet soul!
Kisses!
Darby

Madilyn
07-25-2004, 09:09 AM
You go girlfriend! Your going to love the D's and I want to see a new picture! I also rated you a 10 honey because your a sweetheart, beautiful and a really sweet soul!
Kisses!
Darby

Hey girls,

Thanks for the thoughts on the Nu-Bra. I've seen it during my shopping sprees, but never gave it any consideration. I'm not sure what I'm going to do...I've got less than two weeks to pull it all together. I'll keep you posted.

It's great to see you post Darby...I've been worried about you. If anyone deserves a 10 it's you, but I appreciate the vote of confidence. Have a great Sunday!

Kisses,

Bernadina
07-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey Girls,

The only problem I"m having is the fact that both my dresses for the big weekend coming up need a strapless bra. One dress is off the shoulders, and the other one has spaggetti straps. I can't wear my brand new breast forms bra with those dresses because of the support straps, so I'm a bit bummed about it, yet certainly willing to continue to look for the right answer.. I pretty much determined that I now need help in finding a suitable strapless bra. :D

I've done some comprehensive research on the Net and have resigned myself to the fact that nobody is making a strapless bra that is designed to hold breast forms yet, so I have to go conventional.

Thanks for your thoughts and insights, you gals always come up with helpful and attainable goals and suggestions. You're all very talented women...

United,

I've had the strapless bra problem a number of times. Part of my secret is that my breast forms attach to the skin so they stay put with just a little help from the dress or strapless bra.

The other secret is to get a long line strapless bra. They provide a whole lot more support and tend to stay put.

And if you check out http://www.thebreastformstore.com/ they have adhesive kits for sticking your forms on. It helps to shave first though.

Hope that helps.

Madilyn
07-26-2004, 09:21 PM
I've had the strapless bra problem a number of times. Part of my secret is that my breast forms attach to the skin so they stay put with just a little help from the dress or strapless bra.

The other secret is to get a long line strapless bra. They provide a whole lot more support and tend to stay put.

And if you check out http://www.thebreastformstore.com/ they have adhesive kits for sticking your forms on. It helps to shave first though.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Dina...I think you've come the closest to honing in on my situation. Although I have been gradually (and discreetly) reducing the amout of hair on my body to "test reaction", I know there is no way I can completely shave my chest (and you don't know how this pains me...or maybe some of you do). I have trimmed my chest down pretty dramatically over the past couple of weeks and not a word has been said. I've not hid or covered my chest (especially since it's freakin' hot here) around the house and not a peep. Even though I'm experimenting, there is no way I can "go all the way" and fully shave my chest (or my legs for that matter). I'll out myself.

I'm going to go ahead and shave my arms to see if I can pull it off. I've semi-shaved them also with no reaction. "One of my arms got singed by the gas grill and burned my forearm, so I just went ahead and evened them both up" will be the excuse should I get questioned.

Which brings me back to the strapless bra. Will a strapless bra hold-in breastforms on its own? Has anyone had success adhering breast forms over some hair? I'm going to have it trimmed pretty tight, so maybe there will be enough skin for it to stick to. What is a "long line" strapless bra? Is that a strapless bra that hooks in back?

The other issue I have is with the leg hair. I'm going to trim it down also, but I just can't get away with completely shaving them. I bought some amazing stockings at Stocking Girl.com (http://www.stockingirl.com) You should check them out...they're fabulous. The only problem is that I need to wear nude or sheers next Friday night with my dress, so I'm looking into using Invisi-Bleach (http://www.folica.com/Invisi-Bleach_B_d118.html)to lighten my leg hair. Does anyone have any experience with this? All the research I've done thus far points right back to this product with positive reviews. It literally bleaches the hair nude. If I trim the hair short and it's bleached nude, there's a chance it won't show through the stockings (God, I am putting waaay to much thought and planning into this, lol :o ).

Hopefully most of you read my open invitation, and I certainly understand the lack of response. What fun is it to post that you can't make it? Regardless, I'm trying to get ready for this thing and it's starting to freak me out...

I just don't think I can use the Nu-Bra with the breast forms, and if I can't use the breast forms, then my hairy drab boobs won't fill the Nu-Bra. Ahhhh!

I need to place an order tonight because I'm running out of shipping time, so I'm really leaning towards Fredericks. They seem to have the right idea when it comes to strapless bras. They sell Nu-Bra also. I need to find out what a long-line strapless bra is first though.

I'm also trying to figure out how to find stockings that are designed for use with garter belts. Aren't garter belt stockings supposed to have a connector on them of some sort. All of these stockings I bought do not have any way to connect them with garter straps. I'm hosed, lol :confused: HELP!

Whew, glad I got that out of my system. I love you girls and your patience to answer everyone's questions. I'm going to be such a better lady next weekend because of each of you. Last year I did pretty good, but this year is going to be Divalicious ;)

Sorry to have hit you with a gazillion thread topics all in one post, but this is getting serious now and I need to bring it all together by next weekend. Thanks so much pretty ladies.

Kisses,

Maddy :eek:

Bernadina
07-27-2004, 07:36 AM
If you do a Google search on "long line bra" you'll find a number of sites that sell them. Here is one of them: http://www.frish.com/index.php3?SCREEN=department&department=795

Also check out eBay. Thats where I got mine.

They come in variety of styles and colours, including strapless and with straps.

I wouldn't like to stick my forms on with chest hair. I would think that taking them off would be a bit painful as the hair pulls out.

Hope that helps.

Jennifer_Ph
07-27-2004, 07:50 AM
FYI - These are cheaper and appear to be the same thing.

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/natural_bra_c.html

Madilyn
07-27-2004, 08:07 PM
If you do a Google search on "long line bra" you'll find a number of sites that sell them. Here is one of them: http://www.frish.com/index.php3?SCREEN=department&department=795

Also check out eBay. Thats where I got mine.

They come in variety of styles and colours, including strapless and with straps.

I wouldn't like to stick my forms on with chest hair. I would think that taking them off would be a bit painful as the hair pulls out.

Hope that helps.

Okay Dina, of course. I've seen those styles all over the place and never associated the name "long line" with the style. Well, I bought some strapless bras both last night and today after work. I did not buy a long-line as I really don't like that look, but I did buy both strapless and convertible. I went to Famous-Barr after work and bought a strapless and some panties, so we'll see how things work out next week.

With a little over a week to go, I've dropped about 12 pounds, but have not been religious enough with sit-ups to remove the belly ponch I'm carrying (although it's much better than it was). I'm afraid I'm going to have to wear a tummy-cincher when I go out. The dresses I have purchased do not allow one to have a tummy. Last year I was wearing a tent and it didn't matter, but this year it's mini-dresses and 5" heels, so the challenge is to give the illusion of thin.

Thanks to all of your for your suggestions and support. I've just about got the wardrobe for next weekend figured out, so we'll see how it all comes together.

Kisses,