PDA

View Full Version : Taking support to the streets :-)

Sheila
06-22-2009, 04:49 PM
tonight I had a run in with the youths that upset Debs on Thursday night as reported in her thread here Insecure and fragile (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109736)......... right outside my front gate .............. it took the start of calling her her fem name in front of me and progressed to all the usual name calling Paedophile, gay, weirdo ............ what passed between me and them was a quick fire lesson on what being a TG person is, I also involved the mother of the ring leader (she lives opposite and came out to see what all the shouting was about) .............. I walked up to her and explained that they were calling my partner who is a TG and then went on to explain what they we saying and I then explained what being a TG person involves from the occasional wearing of woamns clothes to full TS and for both genders ............................ all this happened a few hours after we got back from a damned good weekend with Sandra and Nigella and unfortunately I had to leave 20 mins after my TG lesson to the neighbours as I and my son had an appointment we needed to keep.

I was worried while I was out but all was quiet and has been sinse I got back .................. one damn thing I was sure about is that neither me nor my family are ashamed of being involved with a TG and therefor I will not walked with my head bowed for no uneducated misguided yob or yobs.

I am proud to be Debs's partner, I am proud that my son is unbiggoted and I am proud of my sister, and I am damned proud to be a member of this community ................... so next time you wonder what it is like being a GG see above :D

Kathi Lake
06-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow, the mother didn't really care? Not surprising, given the attitudes of her offspring. Thanks for sticking up for Debs, while also giving the youths an education that will benefit all of us - and the young snots as well (though it probably won't sink in for years, if at all).

Kathi

Nicki B
06-22-2009, 05:08 PM
..I also involved the mother of the ring leader (she lives opposite and came out to see what all the shouting was about) .............. I walked up to her and explained that they were calling my partner who is a TG and then went on to explain what they we saying and I then explained what being a TG person involves from the occasional wearing of woamns clothes to full TS and for both genders ............. she doesn't give a monkeys ((THAT DABS IS TG .... she has two nephews who are gay) and was surprised perhaps that I explained, or maybe just surprised I don't know ...............

Sheila, if she doesn't keep them under control, this link (http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/section-item.asp?sid=6&iid=4698) may be of use?

How old are these kids? :strugglin

Good luck.

Edit - this too (http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/section-item.asp?sid=12&iid=5435). Note True Vision (http://www.report-it.org.uk/) specifically includes transpeople, although you might wonder from the W.Yorks Police website. :rolleyes:

Joni Marie Cruz
06-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Good for you, Sheila. I wish you and Deb the best of luck and I hope everything calms down for you.

Hugs...Joni Mari

TGMarla
06-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Way to let 'em have it, Sheila! :D

Sheila
06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
How old are these kids? :strugglin

Well 3 of them are over 18

MJ
06-22-2009, 05:22 PM
i wish i was there. hey if they want debs then next time give em debs. just be your fun loving self when the kids find out they can't get a raise out of you both. they will leave you alone Don't back down.. this too shall pass sorry your going through this.

should you need to adjust a few attitudes I'll send over a few base ball bats :D

trisha59
06-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Its a shame you can not see me because I'm giving you a standing ovation.:hugs:

gennee
06-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Way to go,Sheila.

Gennee
:thumbsup:

Tamara Croft
06-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Well done to you for standing up for the TG community, I have to say, I would have done the same thing, 'have' done the same thing, albeit online and with people I've know for years... but sometimes, they just need telling... more often than not, they listen... your neighbours didn't listen, because they were dragged up, not brought up...

Deedee Dupree
06-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi Sheila, You did good and I'm with Nicki on this. I don't know English law but I can say, they are not minors and that's harassment at the very least. If it does not stop I would report it and consider initiating an action. It would be unfortunate to have to do this but it may be he most effective or only solution. Depending on what the perps have to loose... althought it may be frivilous, I would sue for damages as part of the action. The downside would be this action would be on the public record.

Hopefully this can be handled without taking extreme measures.

best, dd

edit: The threat of an action via an attorney may be enough.

MAJESTYK
06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
But that's part of the reason some of us are so proud of ladys like you!:love: Mine is the same way! She is quite a pistol when she thinks that someone is not being "polite". It's wonderful that people such as yourself and my lady are around to support us!:hugs:

Alana65
06-22-2009, 07:44 PM
No words can express how PROUD I am of you, Sheila. Not only that, but how honoured I am to have you (and Debs) as friends. :hugs:

Now......I'm just gonna stand here and :clap:

Tamara Croft
06-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't know English law but I can say, they are not minors and that's harassment at the very least.That's what I said to Sheila when they first started doing it... they aren't going to stop, that's obvious and the better way of dealing it, is filing a report and getting a lawyer... You do not have to put up with slanderous remarks like that, especially being called a pedo, that is just unbelievable, I don't know how you restrained yourself, I think I would have given him a :slap: (not good I know.. dang kids)!!!

battybattybats
06-22-2009, 11:32 PM
I concur that the legal option should be explored (certainly haters are quick to try and use it as we saw with the restaurant bathroom situation a while back) though personally I like to give people a couple chances. First I educate them on why they are wrong, then if they continue I let them know I have the power of recourse to the law and then if they continue further I make use of that.

It's how I finally dealt with the endemic bullying at the last highschool I attended where i refused to fight back but instead went to the administration and demanded swift action Or I'd have the culprit charged with assault and the school charged with criminal negligence for failing to act on the many previous assaults on other students by that particular bully with a lawsuit on top.

This also shows that no matter how comfortable and safe we try and make our own lives that the view of TG in the wider community still effects us and those in more vulnerable states than us. Till more of society is educated on us and haters views oppossed then we can only provide band-aid solutions to the problem.

Sheila
06-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks to the folks with links and advice on the lagal course, will see how this pans out, dreadful thing is one of the mums of one of the lads doing the shouting used to live with a crossdressers when he was young, and she still loves him although she could not live with him, she then met a married a lovely bloke, who supports her and her kids fully, bit like Male Debs does with me ............ only I gotta wait till Oct to Marry him :sigh::D

Rachel Morley
06-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Holy cow! ... now that's what I call unconditional love! What a fantastic attitude you have Sheila. Debs is super lucky to have you and the amazing support you give her/us. Thanks for being such a great trans ally to the whole community :)

Presh GG
06-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi Sheila and Debs,
Please , if you don't have one , invest in a camcorder and DOCUMENT all that transpires with these monsters and their mums.
I wish the very best for you both.

springtime :hugs:

AmandaM
06-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Good job Sheila! And if they don't learn their lesson, tell them Debs will beat them up, then you'll tell the neighborhood how they got beat up by a transvestite. They will NEVER fight Debs after that! LOL. Point being, kick 'em in the manhood.

LisaM
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Sheila,

Thank you for doing what you did. All of our lives will be improved if we all stand up to intimidation like you did. If people try to learn about us before they attack us I really feel they will stop confronting us.

The lesson coming from you was probably better received than coming from a TG lady so I really appreciate your courage and spunk.

Sheila
06-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Hi Sheila and Debs,
Please , if you don't have one , invest in a camcorder and DOCUMENT all that transpires with these monsters and their mums.
I wish the very best for you both.

springtime :hugs:

hun the ringleaders mum is an amazing lady and she immediately came out and told her son to pack it in ...................... when later on that evening two of her sons mates were making like they were gonna start again she stopped it before it started ............... she really is a star in this ........... she tries her damn best to control him but he is 19 now and think he knows it all and verbally abuses her and his dad on occasions ............. she puts up with a heck of a lot :sad::sad:

Nicole Erin
06-25-2009, 01:56 AM
This may not help but remember -
People who are a-holes act like that pretty much with anyone and wherever they go. Polite folks of the world don't single out someone to give a hard time to. The rude ones will find fault with everyone and tend to carry a reputation for being pricks.

And it is good you stood up to them. Normally bullies back down once you stand up to them ever one time.
Maybe keep an eye over your shoulder, but I imagine for the most part - the smoke is now clear.

Presh GG
06-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Then maybe a little jail time will teach him RESPECT for you, Debs , his Mother and his dad !!!!!!!!!!!

Do the little punk some good , I'd say

Way to go Sheila.
I'd bet his mum would agree with that ?

springtime gg

And my best to his mom too. ... Poor dear.

Barbara B
06-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Sheila,

Make sure you start documenting all that happens to you, my family had a long run of harrasment over a different matter and I can tell you it is a long process. The police will be slow to act if they operate the same as down here!

Good luck and stay strong both of you.

Barb

battybattybats
06-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Sheila,

Make sure you start documenting all that happens to you, my family had a long run of harrasment over a different matter and I can tell you it is a long process. The police will be slow to act if they operate the same as down here!

Good luck and stay strong both of you.

Barb

Good point.
Especially as hearsay is poor evidence for them to proceed on.
Though don't whip out the camcorder too quickly in case things escalate unneccessarily (but maybe have it handy in case).
It may be worth asking advice from the police on how to handle the matter. There may be provisions in place for community mediation and the like.

Sam-antha
06-25-2009, 07:00 AM
I am plain proud of and pleased with your reactions and your doings.

~Samm

Di
06-25-2009, 08:34 AM
I know you know this but will say it anyways:love:

VERY PROUD OF YOU HON:hugs:

Sandra
06-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Really proud of you Sheila, but you already knew that :D

Sharon
06-25-2009, 09:35 AM
You make us all proud, Sheila. :hugs:

Sheila
06-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Well if nothing else this thread has been viewed by the peeps round here ........... just had it comfirmed (by something I put in my original post and have now taken out) ....... being shouted around the streets .......... Hiya Neighbours :D:D nice to see you taking an interest in things

Kaz
06-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi Sheila, I know I only found about all this from our chat last night, but I just have to add to all the public support for you here. You are a star and it is an honour to know you. :love: