PDA

View Full Version : trainers or not

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Having a great arguement with a good GG friend of mine at the moment.

She is adament that trainers can never NEVER be worn whilst wearing a skirt - its something she feels very very strongly about it. I have not agreed with her and have therefore challenged her to do a survey to get everyones opinions - she is doing her survey up in scotland and I would like to know what people think about this on here?

Trainers can be worn with skirts or does it always have to be shoes?

Paula Rae
07-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey Louise,

The last trainers I had, were a set of wheels attached to the rear wheel of my first bicycle.
What do you do with yours?

Ricki B

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey Louise,

The last trainers I had, were a set of wheels attached to the rear wheel of my first bicycle.
What do you do with yours?

Ricki B

i usually put one trainer on each foot and walk with them!

Jonien
07-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Trainers with a skirt must be a Scottish thing
I have just done a servay with my GG friends and it's 100% no way :-

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Trainers with a skirt must be a Scottish thing
I have just done a servay with my GG friends and it's 100% no way :-

that is so uncanny you say that - its her (in scotland) that says it should not be done!

alba68
07-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Trainers are sports shoes and is short for training shoe. I suppose you call them sneakers in the US. Anyway I don't think it looks all that good when wearing a skirt unless it has something to do with playing a sport like tennis or netball.

Sharon
07-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Trainers are sports shoes and is short for training shoe. I suppose you call them sneakers in the US. Anyway I don't think it looks all that good when wearing a skirt unless it has something to do with playing a sport like tennis or netball.

Ahhh..., I was ready to pull out my English to American Dictionary. :p
Thanks for clearing that up, Alba. :)

Natalie x
07-09-2005, 05:23 PM
I say "If you like it, go with it"
Who's to say what's right or wrong in fashion?
:p
Some people hate trainers with anything, but thankfully it doesn't mean the rest of us can't wear 'em.
If we let the luddites rule we'll never make any progress.
:(
So there!
;)

Love, Natalie

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I say "If you like it, go with it"
Who's to say what's right or wrong in fashion?
:p
Some people hate trainers with anything, but thankfully it doesn't mean the rest of us can't wear 'em.
If we let the luddites rule we'll never make any progress.
:(
So there!
;)

Love, Natalie

Yes I agree - and anyway who says GG always get it right re fashion?! - some of the sights we have to endure!!

Natalie x
07-09-2005, 05:27 PM
I actually think trainers look good with birthday suits, too! :p

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 05:30 PM

depends on how the suit is cut I would say

kymmieLorain
07-09-2005, 05:31 PM
I have seen girls with trainers or walking shoes in skirts. They change when they take a walk at lunch.

Kymmie

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 05:33 PM
I have seen girls with trainers or walking shoes in skirts. They change when they take a walk at lunch.

Kymmie

yes, we used to have girls turn up at the restaurants in uniform but with trainers on and then changed for the shift - and they looked fine to me. I think there are certain skirts and occasions where trainers would not be ok - but to say no completely I think is a bit strong - sometime they look good with casual skirts etc etc

Jonien
07-09-2005, 05:38 PM

thats as maybe but my birthday suits needs ironing :lol:

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 05:40 PM
thats as maybe but my birthday suits needs ironing :lol:

I think mine could do with going to the dry cleaners first

Lady Jayne
07-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Can't see why you would want to myself but I suppose if worn with a short denim skirt or maybe a gym type skirt you could get away with it.
personnaly if i'm wearing a skirt I want heels!!!!

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Can't see why you would want to myself but I suppose if worn with a short denim skirt or maybe a gym type skirt you could get away with it.
personnaly if i'm wearing a skirt I want heels!!!!

if you lived near where I do and went out walking you would definately want running shoes!!
:eek:

Lady Jayne
07-09-2005, 05:47 PM
What!!! now I'm expected to chase them!

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 05:52 PM
What!!! now I'm expected to chase them!

You could try but if you take my advice you would run in the same direction as they are running - but go bloody quicker!

Julie York
07-09-2005, 05:55 PM
I can't think of any time I've seen a woman out in public wearing a skirt and trainers. Slobbing around at home..maybe.

(VOICES OFF: They are talking about you, you slob?)

But I can't visualise it without some sport connection.

Could be a new fashion!

Anti fashion always becomes fashionable eventually.

Have you ever noticed that most 'young' fashions are based on not being able to dress yourself? True! Maybe I should start a new thread about it.

suzym4u
07-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Ok, not sure about women in other countries but American women have been known to kick off their heels after spending 8 - 10 hours in them at work and throw on a pair of tennis shoes, trainers, sneakers (whatever you want to call them) for the walk home, walk to the car, or walk to the train.

Can't blame them much for doing what makes them feel better after a long day in heels.

Oh, and yes, this is while wearing a skirt or dress.

LouiseCassell
07-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Ok, not sure about women in other countries but American women have been known to kick off their heels after spending 8 - 10 hours in them at work and throw on a pair of tennis shoes, trainers, sneakers (whatever you want to call them) for the walk home, walk to the car, or walk to the train.

Can't blame them much for doing what makes them feel better after a long day in heels.

Oh, and yes, this is while wearing a skirt or dress.

sounds sensible to me, I would do the same. :)

Tristen Cox
07-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Trainers can be worn with skirts or does it always have to be shoes?

Okay I think they call them cross trainers here but yes a lot of women like to wear them versus heels/pumps all the time. At least when lots of walking is involved.

Wendy me
07-10-2005, 06:43 AM
i say yes wear them...and i see them a lot....no heels on boats.........

Clare
07-10-2005, 06:47 AM
Trainers with casual skirts? No way!

The only exception would be sports type skirts, such as netball or tennis skirts where sports shoes are appropriate.

Christine

AnnaMaria
07-10-2005, 07:08 AM
OK I am going to show my age a little here but I can remember back in the 80's when wearign trainers with skirts was the thing to do. And even now I see a lot of younger gg's wearing the same types of outfits. I don't personally think that I would look good in that type of outfit but I am not as young as I once was either and I prefer a look that is more age approperate for me. I think it really depends on what the person wearing them has to think or say about it that is important rather than what others think about it that really matters.

anna