PDA

View Full Version : Cure?

Joy3
06-23-2009, 02:17 PM
If a "cure" was discovered for the "compulsion" of crossdressing, how many would be interested in such a "cure"?

Joy:)

Joni Marie Cruz
06-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Pass.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Mitzi
06-23-2009, 02:29 PM
I would take the "cure" in a heartbeat.

Even though dressing is soooo pleasurable, I dislike the secrecy and furtiveness associated with it.

Mitzi

Aeva
06-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I'd have to think over such a thing long and hard, but the notion is tempting. I agree with Mitzi; I don't like living a double life.

However, if there was an alternative cure which corrects societies compulsion towards getting weirded out when you dress "wrong", I'd take that in a heart beat.

Rachel05
06-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Do you know I don't think I would it has taken me a lot of years to come to terms with me, but now that I have it is a pleasurable experience and since my wife found out, even though she doesn't speak of it, it has eased the lie a great deal - so no, count me out on the cure!!

Joanne f
06-23-2009, 02:42 PM
I already have the cure for the compulsion to dress , it`s called pure enjoyment :c9::laughing::lol2:

Nicki B
06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
The notion of a 'cure' implies that you think it's something wrong, or bad? :sad:

Kate Simmons
06-23-2009, 03:07 PM
One of my favorite expressions is:"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I've come to realize over the years there is nothing wrong with what we do in itself. Part of the experience and adventure, however, is how we utilize what we have like any resource. That is what makes the real difference.:)

Noxvictum
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Depends on your definition of cure. I see this in one of three ways:

1. Destroys urge to dress- Nah, I'm good. And if I lose this nifty part of my personality, what's gonna take it's place?

2. Destroys the anxiety of being a crossdresser- Well, yeah, duh. But only if it doesn't interact with alcohol. Cause that already kills anxiety.

3. Rewrites the genetic code, and rebuilds the body as the opposite gender- I'd sure as hell think about it.

BreenaDion
06-23-2009, 03:25 PM
I have a cure for cross dressing, its called SRS. When im done with my transition from MtoF I will no longer be a cross dresser I will be dressing my self for the very first time :love:

Tamara Croft
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I have a cure for cross dressing, its called SRS. When im done with my transition from MtoF I will no longer be a cross dresser I will be dressing my self for the very first time :love:This doesn't make any sense, Transsexuals don't crossdress, you don't jump from crossdresser to TS because you had SRS... :rolleyes: That's saying, all the MTF transsexuals on the board are really just crossdressers... :doh:

Cindy J Angel
06-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I have been doing this for a long time.no i dot think i would take the cure.
I'm just getting the hang of make up and would like nothing better them to dress more often. I cant Waite to go out with like minded people. Cindy in NC.

Miranda09
06-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Why do I need a cure. I'm not sick!!! :)

Ruth
06-23-2009, 03:45 PM
To my mind the cure would consist of society in general losing its negative attitude to CDing. You cure the part that's sick, not the part that's well.

chrystie
06-23-2009, 03:58 PM
After taking the big step to dressing 24/7 and then taking the bigger step and getting implants and finally "coming out"to all my family and friends,I don't see any reason for a "cure".All the people in my neighborhood,tradesmen and such,have accepted the guy with the ample bosom in the bikini cutting the grass so it's all good.Cures are for sick people and I/we aint sick.

jenacd
06-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Never I am having to much fun :)

Lorileah
06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
The money would be better spent "curing" other things that actually harm society. Let's cure hate first.

No wouldn't be prudent, wouldn't do it nosirreee nu uh.

Toni_Lynn
06-23-2009, 04:13 PM
UGH! There ain't nothing to cure here. To even think of 'curing' me of crossdressing is akin to curing a lion of being a lion or a tree of being a tree.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Stacye Rose
06-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Can I give my dress sense, make-up preferences, and shoe fetish to a woman or women that I know?

Teri Jean
06-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Cure? From my stand point the cure would be to through out the male clothes and free up a third of the closet for the prettier thing out there.

Keli

Carly D.
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm really afraid what cross dressing would be replaced with.. if it were building something like models or trying to invent something then that would be good.. destructive things would be not so good.. would I take the drug?? it would depend I think.. would it be a one dose and it's gone FOREVER?? or would I have to take it every three months or so.. I think it would be interesting to see what it would be like to not be obsessed with going into the womens side of any store.. but I... I think I would miss the feeling of the shoes.. the pantyhose.. the rush!! of!!! cross dressing!!

Mary Jane
06-23-2009, 07:28 PM
No, I sort of like things the way they are now. Why mess with a good thing and something that is one of my few pleasures in life?

Pauline Lauren
06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
LOL sorry Joy but no sale here on that "cure" pill! It has literally taken me decades to accept that my crossdressing is OK, there is nothing wrong with me, and to accept the wonderful feminine side of myself that I experience through crossdressing. I think I am a better, more well integrated and whole person as a result of it, not to mention it is something that I really really enjoy!

That said, if there were pills to cure society of it's negative bias towards trangendered people, I would volunteer to go pass it out to everyone!

>>>hugs<<<

LA CINDY LOVE
06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
A cure........what is it that I got.

LA CINDY LOVE

Rachel Morley
06-23-2009, 09:45 PM
The notion of a 'cure' implies that you think it's something wrong, or bad? :sad:
Exactly! "Cure" "Compulsion" ... I am what I am and when I came to realize that and embrace this wonderful gift of gender fluidity the better a person I became. This sounds like you are still "hurting" or in denial or something or other. I'm not sick (and neither are you) so I/we don't need a cure.

rexy
06-23-2009, 09:51 PM
NO WAY I WILL PASS . HAVING TO MUCH FUN:love:

Alice Torn
06-23-2009, 09:57 PM
StacyeRose! My sentiments exactly!!! My dressing tastes transferred to a lady right for me, as a side effect!

joann426
06-23-2009, 10:12 PM
and yes i love to dress when i can it isa soooploeasureable

sissystephanie
06-23-2009, 10:22 PM
This doesn't make any sense, Transsexuals don't crossdress, you don't jump from crossdresser to TS because you had SRS... :rolleyes: That's saying, all the MTF transsexuals on the board are really just crossdressers... :doh:

Tamara, while I agree with you that Brianna's post doesn't make sense, neither does yours! It needs a little more explanation.

A Transsexual is a person who has a desire to become the opposite sex. They usually do crossdress to help satisfy that desire! If that person has had SRS, they are no longer a TS, they are, depending on the beginning sex, either a female or a male! And all the MTF Transsexuals on the board really are crossdressers, but certainly not "just" crossdressers. I am "just" a crossdresser because I just do it for fun. I don't want to be a woman, heck I don't even care if I look like one! I just like to dress like one!

Still, I think you are one very smart lady!

Oh, concerning the "cure?" I don't have a "compulsion" to dress, so don't have need of a cure! As I said above, I do it for fun, not because of any compulsion. I can take it or leave it1

dawnmarrie1961
06-23-2009, 10:24 PM
"Cure"? Bah Humbug! Don't need it , Don't want it!! Why would anybody in their "right" mind want to be a guy? That's just insanity!!

Alice Green
06-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Not at all

AlannahNorth
06-23-2009, 11:28 PM
On giving this some thought, I'd prefer a 'cure' for the state of our society. I don't really feel I have anything to cure. Life would be simpler without the desire to CD, that is true, but I then wouldn't see that as being "me" anymore. I like who I am.

TGMarla
06-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I think I would take it. Crossdressing has always been a double edged sword for me. On the one hand, I love it. On the other hand, when I dress, I get little done, and waste a lot of time. It causes stress to myself and my wife, and has at times strained my relationships. I could do without all the aggrivation.

harmony
06-23-2009, 11:37 PM
and then what??live a one dimentional boring life without all of you and loads of other lovely people i have met because of this proclivity?when hell freezes over.....

battybattybats
06-23-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd have to think over such a thing long and hard, but the notion is tempting. I agree with Mitzi; I don't like living a double life.

However, if there was an alternative cure which corrects societies compulsion towards getting weirded out when you dress "wrong", I'd take that in a heart beat.

The alternate cure for society does exist. Women used it, African Americans used it, Australian Aboriginals used it, Gays used it. The more each used it the faster it has worked and the more it has worked. And yet most of us refuse to and claim it doesn't work even when it has.

Meanwhile scientific discoveries on biological and genetic aspects to TS suggest that the same will be true for CDs and that one day a cure may exist.. even if just during pregnancy.

And if we don't use the cure on society before a cure is found for us then tens of thousands of TG humanity will be crushed out of existence.

A good happy productive loved and accepted life as an out CD is possible. If we are willing to do the work to achieve it.

JoAnne Wheeler
06-24-2009, 07:43 AM
No way ! Why would I want to "cure" the biggest part of "ME" when I really no longer believe that I have something in need of a "cure".

JoAnne Wheeler

Joy3
06-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Ladies, I apologize for choosing the word "cure", it was not intended to imply that crossdressing is wrong or bad!

In reviewing your response to my question it seems to me that those who are comfortable with themselves would not change a thing and are, in some cases, irate at the suggestion. Those who would consider such a change, appear to be those [yes, such as myself] who have not been able to attain such a comfort level.

Do I wish that society, family, friends, would be accepting of our desire to cross-dress, absolutly!! If such were the case, I would dress 24/7 without a doubt.

Joy

Jocelyn Quivers
06-24-2009, 08:11 AM
No, without my femme side, I would feel as if something is "missing."

sometimes_miss
06-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Send me the cure yesterday. Time's a wastin'.

vivianann
06-24-2009, 09:37 AM
If there was a cure I would refuse it. why would I want to stop something that feels so right and comfortable to me. I like being a girl.

Stefanie_Adams
06-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah! give me the cure to make me a genetic girl :daydreaming:

Trycia
06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
I think I'd take the "cure". As with some other posts, living a "double" life can be a very trying experience......I love dressing, no doubt about it, but it would relieve quite a bit of stress in my life that I have to deal with on a regular basis.

Angie G
06-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Not me Joy I love being a girl even if it is only part time.:hugs:
Angie

danacd50
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Cure naturally implies an illness....that is not my perception of my feminine soul. To me a cure would just be an attempt by society to alter my behavior to their definition of normal. I , for one would not be interested.

CharlotteW
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Depends on the side effects. I'm leaning towards a 'yes, I'd take the cure'.

AllieSummers
06-24-2009, 10:58 AM
You know this is an excellent question that does deserve a lot of thought. Nah!!!

Well actually if you would have asked me a year ago I would have definitely said yes. If you asked me 3 months ago I might have said yes. If you ask me today I would say NO!!!!

You see, for me at least, it has been a very difficult journey that was filled with a lot of lies and deceit. It was very painful at one point. I felt strange, weird, like I was a freak, a sinner, etc. I lied to everyone about it including myself. I forced it down, fought it for years.

In the last year I have come to embrace it and most recently I've been able to be honest with myself and others about it. I have never felt better or more free in my life.

You know how you can't appreciate health until you face illness. You can't appreciate wealth until you've faced poverty...etc, etc.

I don't think I would fully appeciate the wonderful gift I have in my family...my wife and my kids if I didn't come out to them.

I am truely blessed and so happy right now.

Kisses,

Allie

P.S. I do totally agree with one comment...If there was a pill for society that would make them accepting of me for what I am. I would have them take it in a heart beat. Then life would be perfect. ;-)

charlie
06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
I would take the "cure". I feel that CD stresses my marriage, job and friends. It is not accepted by society as a whole and I am made by society to feel a bit strange no matter whether it is really me or not. Those that know I dress (besides fellow CD/TG) rather that I do not tell and they will not ask. It is a hidden misunderstood topic for them. I would take the cure and scuba dive or take up sky diving or something to get more fun out of life!

Miss Rachel
06-24-2009, 05:01 PM
I would absolutely whole heartedly have to decline, because it part of the who and what that defines us as individuals.
As others have touched on, I would gladly accept a cure to hatred, bigotry, hipocracy, discrimination, prejudice, and narrow-mindedness.
Different isn't always wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that people have traditionally feared what they didn't understand. If I would have to reduce it to curing one thing... ignorance.

Hali
06-24-2009, 05:58 PM
i will take it in flash, and keep some so that i can give it to anyone interested in the "cure" to prevent them from going through the same ordeal i went through.

But come to think of it .......... a "cure" is it some illness.......hope not.

Gabrielle Hermosa
06-24-2009, 06:04 PM
If a "cure" was discovered for the "compulsion" of crossdressing, how many would be interested in such a "cure"?

NOT me.

And my crossdressing isn't so much a compulsion, but rather me just being me. We all have a very real need to be ourselves, right? Perhaps I have a "compulsion" to be myself because I'm forced to be that guy that society expects all the time?

I want the pill that changes society to not give me a hard time because I'm different. That's the pill I want!

In terms of my crossdressing - ain't no cure for being ME, baby! Took me so many years to discover who I am, why on earth would I throw that all away? I LOVE who I am! :)

Brenda456
06-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Gee,I'd hate to "cure" a "disease" I actually like. . .

izzfan
06-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Maybe when I was about 14, I would have wanted a "cure" for crossdressing - at that time I gave myself quite a hard time about the whole issue. But today, I wouldn't even want to look at a "cure", let alone take one because I enjoy crossdressing so much and although I hardly go out (en femme) I love being en femme and have finally come to accept this element of myself.

To clarify, the only type of "cure" I would want is the one where Robert Smith sings in it (sorry, couldn't resist that one :D)

trannie T
06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
If I had been "cured" years ago I would have saved all that money I've invested in clothes. Now I would not wish to be "cured" as I have too many clothes.

SusanMarie
06-24-2009, 06:49 PM
No way........

TSchapes
06-24-2009, 07:31 PM
there has to be a disease. I don't have a disease, so I don't understand the question I guess...

TerriM
06-24-2009, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=Carly D.;1768491]I'm really afraid what cross dressing would be replaced with..

Years ago I replaced crossdressing with something that almost destroyed my life. I drank heavily, neglected my family and came very close to suicide. Thankfully I didnt go that road and gradually accepted that crossdressing was a part of me that will never go away.

Terri

Marisa_M
06-25-2009, 06:34 AM

I'm OK this way. I love what I am...it makes me happy and not interested in being "cured"...no way!:D

Deborah Jane
06-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Surely there needs to be a disease or ailment first!!

There are many things that need curing in the world, crossdressing isn't one of them!

If you are going to "cure" a part of your personality, surely it would be better to start with the negative parts such as anger and aggression!!

DianneW
06-25-2009, 08:03 AM
how about a "CURE" for the narrowmindness of the world we live in.

sarahNZ
06-25-2009, 08:22 AM
What the hell would you want a cure for? there is nothing wrong with me... its the clothes that are cut wrong...

... never can make them look like they do on those size 0 moddels, :heehee:

Kimmie
06-25-2009, 10:20 AM
In times of economic uncertainty. The compulsion to go shopping goes against my better judgment. In the here and now I'd rather have one less "need." Without the worry and uncertainty, it sure is fun though.