PDA

View Full Version : thinking of telling my mom.... today.

michelle1980
06-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Just a little history of myself. I'm a self described man in skirt, I enjoy women's clothes from the waist down, and that's about it. Up until last year the only person that knew of my dressing was my ex girlfriend who was about 99% supportive.

This year I've told one of my best friends (Female) and another good friend who i figured would be supportive (another female). Both with good reactions and support.

Now I need to tell my wife at some point but I feel like I need to tell my mom first. Don't know why.

She caught me when I little (About 5) raiding her panty/pantyhose drawer. We talked about it and chalked it up to curiosity. Nothing ever came of it again.

So what's the group's consensus? I'm an only child and my mom and I have a great relationship. I feel like she'll be ok but I'm still nervious.

heathr1
06-24-2009, 08:27 AM
I've mainly dressed from the skirt down too and never told my mom.

No harm in keeping it to yourself.

I had a girlfriend who was willing to actually put a skirt and stockings on me.

We all have small secrets.

Kimmy55
06-24-2009, 08:32 AM
I was caught around the age of 13 by my mom.Then again around the age of 30.If you have a good rapport with your mom my advice would be by all means tell her.:battingeyelashes:

Joni Marie Cruz
06-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi Michelle-

Hey, girl, how are you this morning? Good for you for coming out to your gg friends, it's so great they took it well. Umm, do you mind if I ask why you feel you need to tell your mom? You mentioned you felt you needed to tell her before you told your wife, which is totally your business, but why do you feel you need to tell her at all?

Please don't misunderstand me, I am a total fan of openness and honesty and coming out as who we are, whatever flavor of TG that may be, but I also kind of feel it's on a need to know basis at least to a certain extent. For instance, in my own case, I am out to my wife, my son, nearly all of my friends, a couple of my siblings and also to a whole slew of co-workers where I used to be employed, but not out to my Dad or Mom. Part of the reason is that my folks are getting quite old and my Dad is in early stage Alzheimers. If I told him, he would probably just forget. (Yes, yes, that was tasteless, I know. Just me.) But really, he doesn't need to know is what I'm getting at. While I am sure he would be accepting and it would change nothing in our relationship, it just isn't necessary for him to know about the daughter he doesn't know he has.

This is just my two cents worth and also two large mugs of coffee talking this morning. Ultimately, hon, it's up to you and what you feel is right. The only other thing I can say is to do it face to face and be ready to answer all sorts of questions. Good luck to both you and your mom.

Hugs...Joni Mari

michelle1980
06-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Well I have to tell my wife at some point before I get caught, just makes sense. Though the issue is she's not the most accepting in that area. I'm really not sure how she was take it and I'm a realist (meaning I think the worst) and if there's a possibility it could lead to big problems down the road I think it's best at least one parent know from me rather than if the information get leaked.

Does that make any sense?

Good arguments from both sides, true it's really none of anyone's business. But at the same time my parents really have become my best friends in a lot of ways.

This is why I came to you gals for advice, keep it coming. :-)

BTW the only reason I'm thinking of telling her today is because we are going on a bit of a road-shopping trip. I don't HAVE to tell her today or any day, just figured today could be a good opportunity. Then again if she freaks out I have a long drive home with her. lol