PDA

View Full Version : Mental Transitions

VirginiaX23
06-24-2009, 09:00 PM
So I was working out today and as I was doing my reps, when I would get tired, I would tell myself "Just one more, Virginia." (A first!)

Lately, I've been working out a lot more and liking it. I've been eating better and not resenting it.

While I was working out I realized that Virginia likes to work out because it feels good (as opposed to J., who has always viewed exercise as a punishment for being fat). Virginia wants to lose weight and be healthy (as opposed to J. who has always used food to make Virginia go away...among other things).

Being Virginia is good for my health. :)

Has anyone else found this kind of dualities?

Shikyo
06-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I've felt a similar change in me. Before, I didn't care about sports, I just didn't do it. Neither did I care the way I looked or anything. The only thing I ever took care was my hair and my nails, but nothing else.

Now as I've become way more honest with myself, I've gotten the urge to keep care of my body. Not just through sports, but also through beauty routines and other things. There is an urge inside me that keeps telling me to eat healthier, do some sports and lose weight. Before when I was doing exercises it felt more like work, now it's a lot more enjoyable. Occasionally I still don't feel like doing it, but still I do exercise at least 3-4 times a week.

Lisa Golightly
06-24-2009, 11:59 PM
No... the only thing that shifted in all honesty was my sexuality... Oh and I developed a craving for Stilton cheese :)

Miranda09
06-25-2009, 12:04 AM
No...actually both my personas love to work out and to reap the benefits that come with it . So, keep J under control. It'll be good for him!!!! :)

Kayla Shadows
06-25-2009, 07:13 PM
I havnt begun any transition but working out does feel good.Sometimes I push myself.When I think I cant do one more, I try to get it done.Dont know why.I guess I just like to show myself that when I think I cant,I indeed can.

Veronica_Jean
06-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Virginia,

I think for a long time I used food and my weight as a way to punish myself. Since I have decided to change my life, along with that has come a change of lifestyle. I have yet to start working out, but I have substantially changed my diet and I do get a bit more exercise.

I need to begin body shaping exercises that will help be have the shape I want once the weight is off. I have done well so far with losing about 40 pounds.

I did have a different kind of duality happen recently. I realized that I am a woman and not a man. Now I find myself feeling more out of place without a bra, purse, since I still work as a male.

It was an odd sort of realization where I was spending the weekend as a woman and thought, this IS the natural way for me, not being a guy. I wonder how long I have been worrying about trying to act like a woman, when I have really been trying to act like a man for years. I would have thought it would have been more obvious to me, but apparently it was not.

Veronica

Krista1985
06-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm relatively new to the CD lifestyle, and yes it does have benefits!

Since I became aware of my TG tendencies and decided to act on them, I've shelved a couple of bad habits that used to rule me. For example, since realizing what I am, I stopped smoking, drinking soda and began a cardio regimen. I've also been on a better sleeping schedule and noticed an overall increase in energy and well-being. All these little changes came after one big one, realizing that I am one of the lucky 10 percent of men who reacts positively to womens clothing. :devil:

Cutting out the bad inputs helps maintain my figure, but I lucked out in the genetic lottery with a high metabolism. Keeping in shape is just part of it, the other part is self love. Before I could properly interpret the signs pointing me to the CD exit of life's highway, I felt incomplete and drawn to self destructive activities. CDing has thwarted my self destructive impulses and lust for danger, it quite possibly saved (or at least extended) my life.

I just realized this is on the TS forum, I hope you ladies don't mind input regarding this topic from a CDer. But hey, we're all natural allies under the same small TG umbrella right?

akaCathy
06-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Virginia, the same has happened to me. When I knew it was time to change, I started eating better, using my neglected treadmill, vitamins and getting the sleep I need. I also didn't need the alcohol to dull my brain. I still don't like working out, but now it's important. Just two more dress sizes to go and I'm there.

Hugs,

Cate

Empress Lainie
06-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I can't do the dual thing. There is only Lainie now.

Empress Lainie
07-13-2009, 06:01 AM
Virginia,

I think for a long time I used food and my weight as a way to punish myself. Since I have decided to change my life, along with that has come a change of lifestyle. I have yet to start working out, but I have substantially changed my diet and I do get a bit more exercise.

I need to begin body shaping exercises that will help be have the shape I want once the weight is off. I have done well so far with losing about 40 pounds.

I did have a different kind of duality happen recently. I realized that I am a woman and not a man. Now I find myself feeling more out of place without a bra, purse, since I still work as a male.

It was an odd sort of realization where I was spending the weekend as a woman and thought, this IS the natural way for me, not being a guy. I wonder how long I have been worrying about trying to act like a woman, when I have really been trying to act like a man for years. I would have thought it would have been more obvious to me, but apparently it was not.

Veronica

Yep for 72 years I was trying to act like a man very unsuccessfully, as far as guy things go. Living 24/7 was like getting out of prison.

Phyliss
07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
So I was working out today and as I was doing my reps, when I would get tired, I would tell myself "Just one more, Virginia." (A first!)

Lately, I've been working out a lot more and liking it....
Being Virginia is good for my health. :)
Has anyone else found this kind of dualities?

Never thought of that. This morning, while on the treadmill, I had everything I could do to get in that next mile. Gonna have to use that mental exercise in the future. Thank you very much for the tip.