PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever enjoy wearing a dress?

emmicd
07-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Please do not take offense to this question.

For all those girls who would rather dress as guys and were maybe tomboys growing up I have one question for you.

Did you ever enjoy wearing a dress or womens pants and enjoy the feel of silky pantyhose?

I can't seem to get enough and wish I could dress up more often.

Since I'm married with family I really can't dress up that much. To alleviate that feeling I enjoy wearing panties underneath womens pants with an oversized shirt with tails hanging out. Sort of an androgynous look. Women still notice and do compliment my look. This does make me feel good because I never received compliments from women in my drab look.

Emmi

Abraxas
07-10-2005, 02:53 AM
It's an interesting question...
Apparently I did when I was very young (I mean, under five years old). But I always preferred stuff like sweat suits and things.
As for womens' trousers and things-- who doesn't like things that feel good or are soft? The reason I am opposed to wearing womens' things has nothing to do with how they feel physically, it's how I feel mentally.
However, if I can get into an area of wearing sort of girlie- type things (not in the normal sense, but more like glam rock and makeup and such to enhance my stage appearance) and still look undeniably male I would love that.

I just wanna be David Bowie lol

Puer
07-10-2005, 06:55 AM
I don't ever remember enjoying wearing a dress. I have always felt more comfortable in trousers or shorts and have preferred to wear them, although I had to wear skirts to school until I was 16 - part of the uniform.

What I find interesting is that on the occasions when I have to do the full-on girlie thing - dress/smart skirt, heels and make-up - I actually feel more like I am in drag than the occasions when I am in full guy mode. Bizzare, eh!

emmicd
07-10-2005, 12:26 PM
To me dresses and femme fashions are great! But I guess not all ggs feel this way!

Thanks for your responses!

Emmi

Abraxas
07-10-2005, 07:37 PM
I actually feel more like I am in drag than the occasions when I am in full guy mode. Bizzare, eh!

No, I feel the same way. If I must wear something girlie I feel like a bloke in drag.

Sara Kat
07-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Send us all of your skirts and dresses then. :p

emmicd
07-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Good idea Sara!

Emmi

Abraxas
07-11-2005, 07:00 AM
I haven't got any, and those I did have I gave to my mum...

I lie-- I've got 2 choir dresses but they were tailored to fit me. Sorry :o

Sara Kat
07-11-2005, 07:43 AM
You still never sent me that snake skin skirt. :p

MysticStone
07-12-2005, 04:52 PM
I haven't worn a dress or skirt in 25 years. Never felt comfortable in them. Its the mindset I guess from when I was a kid. Too much this is a girl this is a boy thing.

"K"

MelissaAndProudOfIt
07-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Well for me it's not so much that i enjoy wearing a skirt or dress, it's quite simply that it feels natural and wholly appropriate for me to wear one or the other. It's simply attire that projects who i am to the world at large. I am so comfortable with my feelings, and wearing clothes like dresses and skirts is a reflection of that fact.

Regards

Melissa

Jasmine Marrie
07-12-2005, 11:32 PM
i love to wear dresses and skirkts when i can

Tristen Cox
07-13-2005, 02:30 AM
Uhm not to nit pick or offend anyone, but this thread is asking the FTMs if they ever liked to wear dresses, hence why this was posting in this section(not the MTF).

MelissaAndProudOfIt
07-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Ooooooooooops i fell for that one lol..... shows how important it is to read the question!!!!!!! Oh well we all make mistakes.... I did lol.....

Mistakenly Ooooooops

Melissa

Gabriel
07-15-2005, 11:08 PM
No. :cool:

bulmabriefs144
07-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Uhm not to nit pick or offend anyone, but this thread is asking the FTMs if they ever liked to wear dresses, hence why this was posting in this section(not the MTF).

Because... it is like asking MTF if they've ever looked good in a tuxedo. It doesn't make them really FTM, it makes them MTFs that have some sense of the style of their born sex.

Dawn ML GG
07-29-2005, 10:48 PM
As a young girl I didn't mind. But as I got older, it became a hassle and really got on my nerves. I'm happy to be a GG tomboy, now were's my sweatpants :think:

Tone
08-07-2005, 10:49 AM
No I have never liked wearing a dress.I only own two dress's. The only time I wear a dress is to go to a formal function.Dress's = Funeral.I feel panyhose and high heels were invented by a male who never wore them. They are a torture device. They make my legs feel icthy and the crotch works down to my knees's,and I have to keep going into the bathroom to hike them up.The shoes make it hard to walk and hurt my feet.I feel uncomfortable and out of my zone. It is always a relief to get home and change back to clothes I feel comfortable in. I try to dress up my SO but it just dont feel right.I feel inpressed with my self and pretty for a moment.The feeling soon fades,it's just not me.I feel like I am in drag. :p

Lorena
08-10-2005, 12:34 AM
I have been dressed up for a while now.about 3 days .I need to get out.I love the feeling of dresses tho lorena

kells
08-23-2005, 04:36 PM
I hated wearing dresses, got out of it as soon as i could growing up!! and the only skirt ive ever worn was the school skirt and even that was reluctantly!

Rachael Warren
08-23-2005, 07:08 PM
I hated wearing dresses, got out of it as soon as i could growing up!! and the only skirt ive ever worn was the school skirt and even that was reluctantly!

Shame we didn't swap places!

Rachael. :)

Abraxas
08-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Oh, god, yeah the school uniforms. I DESPISED them! And at church... I threw a huge fit every Sunday when my mum would make me wear a dress. I remember one Sunday when I was 11 some little tiny slip of a girl asked a teacher, "why is that boy wearing a dress?"

kells
09-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Shame we didn't swap places!

Rachael. :)

yeah would have been a idea lol

Billie Jean
09-24-2005, 09:22 PM
:)
No I have never liked wearing a dress.I only own two dress's. The only time I wear a dress is to go to a formal function.Dress's = Funeral.I feel panyhose and high heels were invented by a male who never wore them. They are a torture device. They make my legs feel icthy and the crotch works down to my knees's,and I have to keep going into the bathroom to hike them up.The shoes make it hard to walk and hurt my feet.I feel uncomfortable and out of my zone. It is always a relief to get home and change back to clothes I feel comfortable in. I try to dress up my SO but it just dont feel right.I feel inpressed with my self and pretty for a moment.The feeling soon fades,it's just not me.I feel like I am in drag. :pHe may have never worn them, but I have and I like the way I feel when I'm in a dress and pantyhose. Heck, I even like wearing a bra and girdle. Brings out the woman in me (the male lipstick lesbian that is). I have a fetish for sexy heels and can dance the night away in them. I don't feel like I'm in drag, feels like my feamale chromosomes are getting to have fun.
Billie Jean ;)

Puer
09-26-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm with Tone on this one - tights/pantyhose are definitely an instrument of torture. What is the point of them!?

CaptLex
09-28-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm the exception, I'm sure. I have a distinctively female side and a distinctively male side, and each one likes equal time (oh Lord, I sound like Sybil).

Anyway, I used to enjoy dressing like a girl when I was younger and also dressed like a boy when I got the urge, but when I stopped wearing boys clothes (in my late 20's / early 30's) due to negative reactions, I also stopped wearing dresses, skirts, pantyhose and heels (although I've always hated pantyhose - I agree that they're torture devices).

The strange thing is that I didn't even make the connection. It wasn't until just recently when I decided to resume my cross-dressing and to hell with anyone who has a problem with it, that I realized I had stopped wearing distinctively female clothing just about the same time I stopped wearing boys clothes.

Now that I've slowly resumed cross-dressing, I've also started to think about getting exclusively feminine clothes again, although I don't feel ready to buy a skirt yet, but I can feel that the day will come eventually.

I hope that answers the question without much confusion - but I'm still confused about these things myself.

KrazyKat
09-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Reading in this forum, for the first time, has helped me to realize a lot of things about myself and why I always felt like I "dressed for success" carefully as if it was a uniform. Power suits, cause I liked the power play of getting what I needed to make the office work better and get the bonus', but more, the recognition in a man's world, in the 80's, of the dataimaging profession.

I've always wanted to wear that tux!

Kat

size7satin
09-30-2005, 12:00 AM
I have a 5-6 dresses and enjoy wearing them as much as the hose & panties under it ;)

KrazyKat
10-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Rereading my post, I think I need to clarify "power suits". I meant the 80's plaid, over the knee, straight skirts with the long, double breasted, large lapels. I had a fire engine red one that I dared to wear into a company seminar when I was 10 minutes late. Of course, head high with confident strut and slight smile of apology. Guess I like attention, DOH. Hey, if you're unavoidable detained, you might as well make an entrance and not slink in. I think accomplishing the things that I had gave me a confidence to demand respect. I've since humbled and gain respect slowly.

Kat

robinLynn
10-14-2005, 10:56 PM
im just trying to tell my wife i love dressing in dresses

Robin

Dale
10-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Oh yes! I love pulling that dress on over the "things" I've got on underneath. It makes me feel completely dressed at that point and feeling like stepping out...:

CaptLex
10-15-2005, 11:55 AM
For all those girls who would rather dress as guys and were maybe tomboys growing up I have one question for you.

Did you ever enjoy wearing a dress or womens pants and enjoy the feel of silky pantyhose?

Emmi

Actually, just a few days ago I put on a skirt for the first time in over a decade. I did it on a bet. My co-worker said she'd buy a pair of pants (she doesn't own any) and wear it if I wore a skirt one day. We were having a cocktail hour at work to congratulate people who have worked a certain number of years, so I thought that would be the right occasion to try it. :cool:

I bought a whole new outfit for the occasion: black skirt, white top and light-blue suede jacket, along with black sheer hose and black low-heel shoes. I only wore the skirt, hose and shoes for that hour and wore pants and comfortable shoes all day until I changed for the party. I also decided to go full girly with lots of makeup, professional manicure and feminine jewelry.

I got a lot of compliments, mostly from other women who wanted to know where I bought my jacket, shoes, etc. I was complimented on my hair, jewelry, clothes and make-up and I received them graciously and thanked everyone, but inside I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like I would choke if I didn't get out of that get-up soon. It was so weird, I just felt like I was in drag or in costume, and even though it was only for an hour, it felt like an eternity. :eek:

As soon as the party was over, I went into the ladies room and started stripping. I quickly removed the killer shoes and the pantyhose that were strangling my thighs and crotch. Even after I got out of the clothes I felt like I had to lie down and try to recover my normal breathing. I was okay after a couple of hours, but my mood was pretty down after that for a long time. The next day I put on my very comfortable blue flannel shirt (which I love) and felt so much better. I don't think I ever want to do that again. :thumbsdn:

I have a theory about why this happened, but i have to test it out. As I've said before, I have distinctive male and female sides so my appearance is usually a combination of these. So when I wear masculine clothes I still have some feminine things like makeup, lingerie and nail polish to balance it out. This time, however, I was completely female with no masculine things to balance it out, so maybe that's why I felt so overwhelmed. If I ever try to dress girly again, I'll have to wear masculine underwear or something so I won't feel like I've drowned out my masculne side. :rolleyes:

It's all very confusing . . . still. :confused:

Abraxas
10-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've gone to high school dances (a few of them) dressed girlie. I got a lot of stares and compliments but I felt icky. It just wasn't right. I also felt like I was in drag.
I find that if I think about it like I'm in drag it does make it easier though. It adds an element of fun to it-- like I'm performing, acting like someone I'm not. I'm an actor so I can dig it, if I think about it that way. But I still feel restricted. I always wear briefs and usually a pair of gym shorts as well, if I'm doing the skirt thing.

Another thing I can think about is that I love the glam rck look-- David Bowie and all that so I can consider myself glam for the night or whatever. I can tell you, though, I won't ever do it for a party or anything ever again. If I do it it will be only for a costume party and only in the company of people who understand I'm FTM. Because trhey will understand that I'm a guy in drag for the night.

What bothers me more than the clothes, though, is when, in my acting class, I get assigned female parts and have to act those. I wear my same clothes-- I will not go girly for that. I've gotten parts where I had to play a girl with AIDS, a girl at a dance with a guy (which isn't a stretch since I like guys-- but I had to play a very girly cheerleader type girl), a girl trying lesbianism (waaaaaay off), etc. I hate that. My acting teacher just doesn't get it, even though I've told her I want male or gender neutral parts. I hate it. Grrrrr!

CaptLex
10-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I find that if I think about it like I'm in drag it does make it easier though. It adds an element of fun to it-- like I'm performing, acting like someone I'm not.

When I was younger I did school plays and really enjoyed that, so I will take your advice next time (if there is a next time) and pretend that I'm playing a part. Your acting teacher must like giving you challenges, but it must be frustrating having to do stuff that doesn't feel like you.

Thanks for your advice. :)

Abraxas
10-17-2005, 05:00 PM
No problem, Lex. :)
I hope she'll let me do that one scene from the Cat's Meow, where Marion smacks Charlie in the face. Of course, I want to play Charlie. If she won't let me I won't do that scene. HEhe, I've got the dialogue mostly memorised too. ;)

CaptLex
10-18-2005, 03:29 PM
I hope she'll let me do that one scene from the Cat's Meow, where Marion smacks Charlie in the face. Of course, I want to play Charlie. If she won't let me I won't do that scene. HEhe, I've got the dialogue mostly memorised too. ;)

I love that movie! I can just imagine you playing Charlie too. I hope you get your wish, and I hope you're having fun in class regardless of the roles.

Now you've got me thinking I have to rent that movie again - it's been a while since I've seen it. :)

sammyboi
10-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I never understood the point of wearing a dress, as a kid i was made to wear a new dress for every party, or event or whatever. I knew i was never going to wear it again, everyone else knew i wasnt going to wear it again, i hated being in it, yet i always got screamed at for running in mud or climbing up trees, and i didnt see why if it was never going to be worn again!

mellisa45
10-26-2005, 10:58 AM
I hated wearing dresses, got out of it as soon as i could growing up!! and the only skirt ive ever worn was the school skirt and even that was reluctantly!It is a funny world i dressed up in my sisters unifom when i was young and i would have died to been able to go to school like that. i still dress in them, not my sister ha ha though i am 60 i must be one of the oldest school girls going.

Sakura Kinomoto
10-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Well I do enjoy wearing dresses of course!At first I wasnt sure,but once I tried them on,it feltl so nice.Also I looked very good in them,and I wear them everytime that I can.

My favorite dresses are the ones that anime female characters wear,
specially such as Card Captors.

They made me feel so girly and cute!

Ahhhh how I love dresses!:D :D

Jasmine Ellis
10-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi all.
A lovely long calf-length dress in black or red.
love Jasminxxxxxxx:thumbsup:

ronni
10-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Um, wow, like, Emmi, I was going to say, that's the silliest question I've ever heard, until I realized that I was on the other page here!
Who doesn't enjoy wearing a dress!?

Kimberly
10-28-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm with Tone on this one - tights/pantyhose are definitely an instrument of torture. What is the point of them!?
Keep ya legs warm?

.... okay, okay... trousers. :p

xsideburnsx
10-29-2005, 04:50 AM
Can't say I've EVER enjoyed wearing dresses. I tried getting into dresses when I was attempting to live my life as a normal straight girl, but I always felt like a boy in drag. Wasn't very cool at all.

I don't own any female clothes at all. When I have to dress up like a girl to see my doctor, I borrow my girlfriend's clothes. :: shudders at thought ::

Jasmine Ellis
10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
17-1-5bl I do love dresses and skirts, far back as I can remenber
love Jasminxxxxxxxxxxxx:angel:

Swan
11-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Ive never liked wearing dresses as a kid, but now that I'm older I'm becoming more peoccupied with being feminine. I don't really have the courage to wear clothes that reveal my legs, but once I lose weight I'm going to do some major shopping.

Dale
11-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Yes! Nothing makes the feminine look and feeling on me look more complete than a nice dress. Any length will do so long as the rest of my attire is fitting.

rrecroc
12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Greetings,

I occasionally like to crossdress (mtf) ..... I say occasionally because if I do it too often, my alter ego begins to gain strength and take over and I find that threatening somehow.
Also, it takes a lot of time !!!
As probably having been discussed before, I think there is a double-standard in clothing for the sexes.
A female can wear combat boots or whatever and be accepted. If a guy puts on a pair of heels, watch out !!!
If a female puts on a suit and tie, no problem ..... they are considered avante-gard or chic or fashionable. If a guy puts on a dress, he is thought of as weird.
These reactions are based, I believe, on perceived "threats" of some type.
What do you believe the "threats" are based on ???, and why do they not apply to women ?
Just food for thought.

gwenrob43
12-12-2005, 01:46 AM
I've been in the closet a long time, about 6 weeks ago I broke loose for the first time. I had a business appointment out of town and had to spend the night at the local Holiday Inn. I dressed that evening en femme and went shopping and went to dinner. Wow, I shook all over. But last week I put on a long skirt, pantyhose, heels, a satin shell under a white sweater; I looked good. I enjoyed all of it. I have never had any guilt feelings this time. :angel:

I usually dress 3 or more times a week. Sometimes I go out, sometimes I stay at home. But I always enjoy it whether I'm in a dress, skirt or slacks. I have a pair of white slacks that are to kill for-they look nice! What's not to enjoy is a better question.

Love Y'all
Gwen ;)

Marlena Dahlstrom
12-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Uh...just a heads-up, the question was being posed to the FTMs...i.e. women who'd rather present as men.

Abraxas
12-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanks Marlena...
Somehow, this always seems to happen... lol
I don't mind all that much, though, to be perfectly honest.

serinalynn
12-25-2005, 03:12 PM
I feel panyhose and high heels were invented by a male who never wore them. They are a torture device. They make my legs feel icthy and the crotch works down to my knees's,and I have to keep going into the bathroom to hike them up.The shoes make it hard to walk and hurt my feet.:p

My wife says the same thing, and being a aspiring male to female crossdresser I to have felt the female shoe torture in boots and in pumps as my feet only feel good in sandles and espadrills and maybe a mule something with open toes or open heels. Makes for extremly cold feet in cool weather yuuuuuch!!:eek:

suzy
12-25-2005, 03:22 PM
YEAH!

What Billie Jean said!!!

jackie66
12-26-2005, 05:08 AM
On Christmas day, I FORCED myself to try on my latest creation, just to see if it fitted. :p -- In order to cook the Christmas dinner, I had to wear something more suitable ----- and had to take it off again :( --- Ah well, thats tranny life for you ---

mistunderstood
01-21-2006, 02:46 PM
I can not stand dresses,heels or panty hoses. But I'm glade for you that you do.:)

Maria D
01-21-2006, 03:10 PM
No I have never liked wearing a dress.I only own two dress's. The only time I wear a dress is to go to a formal function.Dress's = Funeral.I feel panyhose and high heels were invented by a male who never wore them. They are a torture device. They make my legs feel icthy and the crotch works down to my knees's,and I have to keep going into the bathroom to hike them up.The shoes make it hard to walk and hurt my feet.I feel uncomfortable and out of my zone. It is always a relief to get home and change back to clothes I feel comfortable in. I try to dress up my SO but it just dont feel right.I feel inpressed with my self and pretty for a moment.The feeling soon fades,it's just not me.I feel like I am in drag. :p

I'm an MTF TS and, well, I pretty much agree. If my legs have stubble tights itch like hell, and they come in sizes that manage to fit noone at all, and heels aren't the most comfy eh? It's commonly said they were first worn for style purposes by Catherine Medici I think, when she went to the Parisian court to be married. It accentuated her femininity and women went wild over them. Idiots ;)

Perhaps it's not my place, but I still don't really understand the question. It strikes me that anyone asking that has no understanding of the transgendered condition, despite being same.

Just my two pennies worth of course, and I expect I'll get change from it too :)

Maria
xxx

Tamara Croft
01-21-2006, 03:30 PM
You know what I find interesting in this thread? the lack of respect to whom the question was actually for and I quote: -
For all those girls who would rather dress as guys and were maybe tomboys growing up I have one question for you.So, why is it, MTF CD's constantly post in this section to threads that are not created for them? I'll tell you why, because they have no damn respect and just post where the hell they like. It's getting tiresome :angry:

Maria D
01-21-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm not CD, I'm TS, and I didn't answer the question because it was not asked of me. I did reply though, because FTMs in this forum have said before that they are happy for non FTMs to post.

Tamara Croft
01-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm not CD, I'm TS, and I didn't answer the question because it was not asked of me. I did reply though, because FTMs in this forum have said before that they are happy for non FTMs to post.You assume I was posting directly to you? You assumed incorrectly, hence why I actually said MTF CD's and I didn't actually mention TS did I? There are 4 pages of posts, I was refering to the members that didn't bother to read whom the original question was posted to and as you didn't actually answer the question, how did you then assume I was refering to you?

Maria D
01-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Because your post was within 20 minutes of mine, and directly after. I apologise, I must be tetchy with lifethings™ at the mo. Sorry. :(

Maria.

Tamara Croft
01-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Apology accepted, I can see it probably looked like I was having a go at you, but in actual fact, that post I made came after a thread I posted in this section and 2 mtf cd's posted in it.... kinda gets on my nerves :(

Kieron Andrew
01-21-2006, 04:36 PM
is it safe to enter the comfort zone now maria? lol

Maria D
01-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Tamara, yeah, I know it upsets you, and I can see why. I get the feeling that those posts are answered after the person puts themselves in the position of the person the question was directed at, which by definition can't answer the question.

Kells, pull up a chair and grab a beer :) Hell, grab two lol

Tough week at work, that's all ;) Would you believe I was teased for being feminine too? Should I be happy, or just annoyed at being teased? lol
BTW, it's nice down there, I used to live in Taunton which wasn't too far.

Take care
Maria
xxx

Kieron Andrew
01-21-2006, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=Maria D]
Kells, pull up a chair and grab a beer :) Hell, grab two lolCan i have a malt whiskey or two instead please????

Tough week at work, that's all ;) Would you believe I was teased for being feminine too? Should I be happy, or just annoyed at being teased? lol
BTW, it's nice down there, I used to live in Taunton which wasn't too far. I get teased from my friends all the time.....most of em are M2F's and think its hillarious im F2M and im more femme faced than them!! lol ooohhh Taunton I know it well......

Maria D
01-21-2006, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE]Can i have a malt whiskey or two instead please????
Absolutely! My fiancee's brother recommends Bush Mills. Me, I'm more of a JD girl.

I get teased from my friends all the time.....most of em are M2F's and think its hillarious im F2M and im more femme faced than them!! lol
On the bright side, looking slightly femme as a man will make you look years younger. Do you get asked you're age when buying lottery tickets? ;)

ooohhh Taunton I know it well......

Do you remember Bishop Foxes' Primary School when it was on Station road, before they knocked it down? I went to school there lol.

Totally off topic now aren't we? :doh:

Maria
xxx

Tamara Croft
01-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Yes totally off topic :slap: :p so Kells.... did you enjoy wearing a dress? and I totally can't believe you are a GG..... you look like a guy to me. I think you have fooled a few peeps on this forum ;)

Aileen
01-21-2006, 05:42 PM
I've heard some FTMs say they envied the men they saw on the subway who were wearing ties. The men just didn't seem to realize how cool it was to be a guy and wear a tie. Well, there you are. I'm male and I hate wearing a tie.

God often gives nuts to people with no teeth.

Kieron Andrew
01-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes totally off topic :slap: :p so Kells.... did you enjoy wearing a dress? and I totally can't believe you are a GG..... you look like a guy to me. I think you have fooled a few peeps on this forum ;)

Dresses??? whats them???? ive not worn a dress since school.....so NO WAY did I enjoy wearing dresses....as soon as I was old enough to choose my own dress code it was jeans then it went more and more male attire the older i got! now im never out of a shirt and dress pants and the occasional tie.......maybe i will find one of my less convincing pics for you to see Tamara

orchard
01-23-2006, 12:08 AM
this is a funny thread.
it makes one think about what really makes a gender role.
I', not big on hose or heels either. I guess I like hose for when its cold.

KatieKaboodle
01-23-2006, 07:38 AM
First of all, I want to thank the F2M's for sharing. I'm always curious about how F2M's and M2F's have comparable experiences. And I rather suspect that for y'all, wearing dresses would make as much sense as me wearing a men's suit. PTPTPTPTPT!!! Yucky!

Funny thing is, even in a female body (M2F originally), I can't stand dresses... is there something wrong with that, d'ya think+?

Katie

KatieKaboodle
01-23-2006, 10:27 PM
You don't have to be girly to be a girl, most chicks I know hate dresses.

Good, good. Most guys I've known hate suits, so *shrugs*

One interesting note is that I find it fascinating just how many misconceptions there are about transgender/transsexual folk, even within the queer community. Stopping rant before it gets too... ranty. Or something. >.<

Katie

Kieron Andrew
01-24-2006, 04:51 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean Katie. People look at me and expect me to be into cars and sports, but I find them so boring. I do like a good suit though. :D Im with you here....
I dont like much sport and im not into cars (motorbikes for me) and im far more comfortable on a smart suit or shirt and pants than in casual.........