PDA

View Full Version : I can’t believe I did this.

Marsha K
06-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry if this is long but I had to tell someone.

Because of the tight economy, my place of work is trying to cut back on costs by not buying us any uniforms this year. My foreman asked if our department could be allowed to get a clothing allowance because we work outside in ALL types of weather. It was approved and each of the guys are allowed $100 each per year for work clothes. We could buy them and turn in the receipts for a refund. The budget year end is July 1. We were all reminded to use it or lose it. Last week I figured I better use mine. I looked thru a uniform catalog and thought about buying a nice winter coat for $50. I couldn’t come up with any thing else I needed. My eyes caught sight of a nicely dressed lady in the same color uniform that we normally get. (navy pants & light blue shirt). The cost of three pair pants with tax and shipping was $98.45. I filled out the order form with no indication that it was women’s clothes. All colors, sizes, and items were filled in with only numbers. I told my foreman I had an order ready to mail unless he wanted me to order it on line. He said to order it on line to save paperwork for him and the company, and he gave me his credit card. Soooooo… I ordered 3 pair of navy blue women’s work pants. If someone looks real close they could see it on the bill as cathypants, but probably just notice the uniform company name and look no farther.

The package came in today and were handed to me with no questions at all. I had to try them on. They fit great. They have darts in the back, 3 small pockets, and a left handed zipper; all distinctly feminine features. But you can’t tell they aren’t male pants unless you look close.

From the time I hit the “submit order” button I keep saying to myself; “I can’t believe I actually did this.”:eek: Pinch. Ouch. Yes, I did do that and I have them in my hands.
If I get questioned I could just act like they sent me the wrong item.

OH THIS IS FUN!!!:)

Maybe for next year I might order some of the light blue shirts she was wearing.:daydreaming: Those are a little cheaper but do say “women’s camp shirt”, so I might get questioned about that.

tricia_uktv
06-25-2009, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Marsha K;1770732]

OH THIS IS FUN!!!:)

And that is what its all about. Good on you girl ha-ha

jenna_woods
06-25-2009, 04:56 PM
wow nice, I have worn women's jeans and shorts a lot as a male and no one every has said anything either

trannie T
06-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Next year get the miniskirt.

Teri Jean
06-25-2009, 07:23 PM
For years we had optional uniforms but has gone by the wayside. If they still had it I would do as you did. Very funny and yet very good.

Huggs Keli

CD Susan
06-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Nicely done Marsha! I wear womens jeans and shorts all the time and no one questions it. You have to look very close to tell the difference and people are just not that observant.

Danielle Gee
06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
I also work in a place that requires uniforms.....I 've often daydreamed about doing what you did ( they have really cute skirts) but ,alas it's not to be mon cherie.....Congrats on a very bold step forward!!

dawnmarrie1961
06-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Shopping!!! Always nice to be able to spend OPM on the stuff we want! OPM being other people's money.
Uniforms are often unisex, with a few slight differences, so I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it. Just enjoy!

Sally2005
06-26-2009, 01:24 AM
And to top it off...your manager may start getting junk mail targeted to female shoppers! hahaha