PDA

View Full Version : so what if I'm wearing nail polish at the gym

Natasha TG
06-25-2009, 03:25 PM
yep as the title says, I went to the gym today with Toenail polish on.:D

I went out dressed last night to a resturant and than afterwards to a nice bar in a very cute black dress and dark metallic blue OPI nailpolish. So eventually I got home and I just did not have the heart to take off the Toenail polish but just took off the nail polish off the hands for work reasons.:daydreaming:

well I am trying to get back in shape and as a result I'm hitting the gym every lunchtime, but remembering I still had nail polish on my toes stopped me in my tracks.:doh:

But then I thought getting that girly figure is more important so I went:D Let me tell you I got a couple of stray stares off confusion but not one person mentioned anything.

Maybe if they asked then that would lead down the road to homophibic uneasiness

And what if I did get approached....I had already rehursted my response...

"So what if I like to wear nail polish, thank you but no thanks I'm striaght!":tongueout

Brenda456
06-25-2009, 03:55 PM
My canned response is, "Oh this? I lost a bet with my wife. . ."

Lorileah
06-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I would just say "and??????"

Exactly what part of nail polish screams gay?

tricia_uktv
06-25-2009, 04:35 PM
There's a scene from the film Cabaret when Sally Bowles says something along the lines of:
"So what if I'm wearing green nail varnish"
"I simply adore green nail varnish"

I think that is the answer

jenna_woods
06-25-2009, 04:42 PM
yes same thing happened to me once, and did the same as you went out and did my thing, only one person said anything about my pretty toe nails and said my little girl dod it for me and did not have the heart to take it off so soon,

trannie T
06-25-2009, 05:26 PM
"Do you like the color or should I have gone with something darker."
"I did it to see if anyone would notice."

kymmieLorain
06-25-2009, 06:45 PM
When I first started painting my toes, my oldest ( now 21) said, Dad has girls toes. I responded yeah, so. Haven't heard a word since.

Kymmie

Kayla Shadows
06-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I can tell you,after this last year,I could care less who sees or has anything to say about my painted toes.There is nobody who can embarrass me for being me.We should be proud to stand out from he rest and show the strength we possess.There is nothing wrong with being you and you completely

Chloe Renee
06-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I can tell you,after this last year,I could care less who sees or has anything to say about my painted toes.There is nobody who can embarrass me for being me.We should be proud to stand out from he rest and show the strength we possess.There is nothing wrong with being you and you completely

Well said.
I paint my toes it is my expression point, those who know me expect it now. Other than kids staring no one pays much attention. It is easier than undressing daily. :)

Xenia
06-25-2009, 08:39 PM
So what indeed. I've painted my toenails for years, and the only response I've ever gotten from a stranger has been the occasional query from a woman about the name of the color I'm wearing so she could get it for herself.

Given that I'm otherwise pretty much closeted, I have to say I'm amazed that someone ballsy enough to be hanging out in bars fully dressed would be bothered by so piddling a thing as a little color on your toes. :)

CD Susan
06-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Natasha, way to go girl!!! This is no one elses business but yours so to h___ with what others think. I have visited my podiatrist with bright red toe nail polish on and not a word was said about it. More power to you!

Kim_Bitzflick
06-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Before I moved last year, I went to the gym several times with painted nails. It was a little difficult at first, but now I wear flip flops to the store. I've Stopped trying to hide my nails except at work. If they don't like, so what.

MissConstrued
06-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Exactly what part of nail polish screams gay?

Possibly the butyl acetate?

Sally2005
06-26-2009, 01:18 AM
You can say...'darn wife did it while I was sleeping because I made fun of her spending too much time doing her's and she hid the remover so you didn't have time to clean it when you woke up...' then say, 'I think it looks kind of cool anyhow (could start a trend...maybe I'll try to win by keeping it on just to see how long it takes her to demand that I remove it'.

Nicole Erin
06-26-2009, 01:30 AM
I would probably be like "eh yeah, it just looks better I think cause my toenails are ugly."

Most people don't care if someone wears something feminine.
I mean come on, if their life is SO boring that a guy with painted toenails fascinates them, their life must be pre-tty boring

MissConstrued
06-26-2009, 01:48 AM
You can say...'darn wife did it while I was sleeping because I made fun of her spending too much time doing her's and she hid the remover so you didn't have time to clean it when you woke up...' then say, 'I think it looks kind of cool anyhow (could start a trend...maybe I'll try to win by keeping it on just to see how long it takes her to demand that I remove it'.

And if you fed that line of bull to me, I'd never talk to you again. Who would want to associate with someone who won't own himself; won't admit to liking something a little different? Plus, that will get you far more ragging than this:

"Yup, I like it. Got a problem?" To which the answer will ALWAYS be "no."

You may as well tell them little grey men abducted you in New Mexico, did all sorts of experiments on you, then painted your toenails in a ritual oath of fealty to the Jedi. Actually, that would be better. If you're going to tell tall tales, why not make it entertaining?

VeronicaMoonlit
06-26-2009, 02:15 AM

And if you fed that line of bull to me, I'd never talk to you again. Who would want to associate with someone who won't own himself; won't admit to liking something a little different?

I wouldn't go that far, but if someone said what Sally2005 said to me I'd know were feeding me bullcrap. Those stupid little fibs, fabrications and lies we often see around here fool no one, and especially not salespeople or those who are "aware" of "This Thing of Ours."

then painted your toenails in a ritual oath of fealty to the Jedi.

And now you got me wondering if Jedi would wear OPI Honeymoon Sweet, or whether they would prefer Essie or Sally Hansen.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

MissConstrued
06-26-2009, 03:22 AM
fabrications and lies we often see around here fool no one, and especially not salespeople

Are you kidding? Every considerate bloke buys panties and dresses for his sister's birthday, and it's merely the strangest of coincidences that she's always his size.

And now you got me wondering if Jedi would wear OPI Honeymoon Sweet

That's a bit light. Probably something a little more on the Dark Side.

Darth Maulve? Blue-bacca? Jar-Jar Pink?

Okay, I'm claiming credit for this idea right now. The new Star Wars line of colors from OPI. You will see it, mark my words.

Gabrielle Hermosa
06-26-2009, 03:32 AM
My toenails are almost always painted. Black is my preferred color.

Although I do make some effort to cover them when I'm in guy-mode, I'm not highly concerned if anyone were to see them or comment.

My own response would be something to the extent of "My wife painted them. Do you like it?"

If I were to get grilled about it, I'd probably pull a grill-reversal and start grilling them about what the bid deal is, perhaps even making fun of their dull toenails. :heehee:

Natasha TG
06-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Wow thanks all for your insight - this turned out to be an interesting debate on perception and responses...:heehee:

From my perspective to “Xenia’s” response: “have to say I'm amazed that someone ballsy enough to be hanging out in bars fully dressed would be bothered by so piddling a thing as a little color on your toes”. For me it is one thing to blend in and dress up within a bunch of girls while shopping and getting a spectrum of responses from girls that come up to me and chat to getting clocked but it is another thing to be sitting in a tight sauna at the gym surrounded by 6 guys in a misty water cloud of pumped up male testosterone after a hard workout…and me wearing dark blue OPI nail polish.
:straightface:

I love the “trannie T” response "Do you like the color or should I have gone with something darker." I mean if you said that then for sure the person would have to think twice about why they asked in the first place!!!

“Lorileah”, I am pretty sure that a large percentage of people out there would associate nail polish with gayness (although I have no hard facts to back that up) as society has conditioned them that way. Some people may conclude I am indeed a cross-dresser - but some may have a wrapped sense of view of cross-dressers and therefore think that we are automatically are gay… Society will label and continue to label everything to ease the masses – it’s just that a certain percentage of people are simply not quite ready for a guy to simply slap on a nice nail polish and strut down the street – but our current generations are becoming more liberal.

I agree with some of your responses that you should just be proud to show off (only in certain situations) and like “Kim Bitzflick” said “If they don't like, so what”. I personally would not make excuses as to why I have nail color because that does make people wonder if you are fibbing.

Maybe you get more respect for being upfront? :D

Lorileah
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
“Lorileah”, I am pretty sure that a large percentage of people out there would associate nail polish with gayness (although I have no hard facts to back that up) as society has conditioned them that way. Some people may conclude I am indeed a cross-dresser - but some may have a wrapped sense of view of cross-dressers and therefore think that we are automatically are gay… Society will label and continue to label everything to ease the masses – it’s just that a certain percentage of people are simply not quite ready for a guy to simply slap on a nice nail polish and strut down the street – but our current generations are becoming more liberal.

If we keep denying who and what we are we will always be lumped in with being gay. That's why if anyone asks we should just own up to it. If we keep making up "my wife ..." excuses we will always be liars along with that. Just say it like it is. And the next question would be "why are you looking at my feet? My eyes are up here bub." or "So you like my feet? Do you have a fetish?" Hey if they think your wearing nail polish makes you gay it is a fair question.

(OTR The only screaming gay I know right now is Perez Hilton). :) Oh that was bad

Natasha TG
06-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Perez Hilton... that was low:lol2:

Picklebob
06-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Yay for painted toenails! I have had mine painted for about a month, just to confuse my dad. (he had me believe that there were squirrels in my head and when they got confused, they fell off of a wheel. Now its my turn to mess with him). Anyway, on Saturday, My girlfriend and I are both going to paint ours since we both need to re do them. I can't wait!

As far as people noticing, I think people have when I've worn sandals, but I have yet to have anyone say anything.

cindym5_04
06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Darth Maulve? Blue-bacca? Jar-Jar Pink?

Okay, I'm claiming credit for this idea right now. The new Star Wars line of colors from OPI. You will see it, mark my words.

I'm totally buying that line when it comes out!!

I paint my toenails all the time and don't care what other people think. I've done anything from chrome to black to hot pink. F-them.

DonnaT
06-26-2009, 06:02 PM
I go to the gym every morning to swim laps.

No mention about my earrings, my shaved legs or my toe nail polish.

If anyone asks, "because I like it!"

leia
06-27-2009, 01:40 PM
I wear toe nail polish to match my finger nails 24/7 and wear sandles all the time and most of them has some kind of wedge heel The only time I wear a flat sandle is when I am taking some one on a guide trip.and thats because I cant find a heeled sandle with a boater sole.none of my maco clients says any thing and they re book time and a gain. ones wife and I did talk about colors and the colimbia girl shorts I was wearing. I told her they were more comfortable which is the truth.