PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a martyr.

dawnmarrie1961
06-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Just started my new job this week in the fraud department.:) Got to meet a lot of new people. Most of them young enough to be my children.:eek: ( Makes me wonder what happened to all the people my age? Where did they all go?:straightface:)

The last few days went pretty much as I had expected. The usual shock and awe stares.:eek: The general awkwardness on the part of male associates when I try to use the stall in the men's room to relieve myself, rather than the urinal."I don't to the stand up thing very well." I explained. To which they would laugh.:D

This morning a young man came up to me and introduced himself then proceeded to shake my hand. "I really admire your courage and confidence." he said.

"Courage and confidence for what?" I'm just being me." I said.
Over joyed with my response. His face lit up like a roman candle. He smiled. and walked away.

I get the feeling that I'm making this look too easy to people. I don't want them looking up to me like some kind of martyr.:Angry3: Martyr's usually fall short upon closer scrutiny. Most people have no idea how much pain I had to go through to get this far. Happy fun times are few and far between. That is just life.:straightface:

Somebody please explain this to me.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-25-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't understand what you are "doing" that they admire you. Are you wearing make up? Painted nails?......

vikki2020
06-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Obviously. there's something up that they suspect,but seem to be pretty cool about.I'd say maintain the status quo, without pushing the subject.

sissystephanie
06-25-2009, 11:29 PM
I think Dawn is going all the way, at least in clothing, totally feminine! Am I right, Dawn?

You probably aren't a martyr, but you certainly have a good amount of self-confidence if you are doing what I think you are doing. I admire anybody with strong self-confidence like that. I believe that I have that same type of self confidence which is why I go out dressed, being a guy in a skirt. Without someone to fix my wig and do my makeup I cannot come close to passing, so don't even try. Like you Dawn, I use the men's room but sit down. It is a lot easier that way when you are wearing panties!!:heehee:

:hugs::hugs: